Review of GoodRx

2018 Customer choice award

21 reviews with 4 stars

dawnf98
3/25/19

I have never had to use Good RX but I am checking this out. I see people who have used this and everything has gone well for months/yrs. Then the minute something goes wrong it is all negative. Nothing in this world always goes perfect. I see so many good reviews from all of your customers. People do not realize when negative things happen it all has to do with insurance/pharmacy/store and their rules and regulations also. RX does not own the patent on this. It is like a medication that can save your life coming out. It is tried for up to 5 yrs on people with as many side effects as possible stated not only during advertising but on brochures given out. People have them in black and white what can or may happen but will grab at this drug as a lifeline. The minute something happens and someone starts suing someone over a side effect many jump on board. It makes no difference that it has stated the possible side effects. You took it upon yourself do talk with your Doctor and decide to use this knowing what maybe could happen. As a Nurse I see this all the time....I am sure many people are very thankful you exist. I see many who have had good experience . Many need all the help they can get!....

rl167
2/15/19

I use GoodRX because I do not have insurance sadly. Each time I order a prescription refill I have to call the Pharmacy after i submit my order online to provide the GoodRX information to my prescription so it is filled at the correct price. If you wait until you are at the pharmacy you will have to go to the line for new prescriptions so they can put that information in to the system and redo the label on your already ready prescription. Then you have to wait for about 10-15 minutes before you can go back in the regular line to pick up your prescription to check out. It is a royal PITA!!! But....it does save money for those of us without insurance it is a God send.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We hear you, and we're working hard to get more pharmacies to automatically accept information (but note that it's the same for any new form of payment you provide - a new insurance card, etc). Note that we have a new program with CVS where you can automatically have it applied...
nadyaa3
12/5/18

good. it so helpfull. try to improve another content. pleas be kind for every custumoers. it is really insteresting

cathym214
5/25/18

I have had good luck at CVS. Walmart and Walgreens are worthless so GoodRX should either make them honor the contract they have with them or stop advertising the price that you never get from them. I've wasted many hours at both places. Go to CVS It is only a few dollars more and worth not having to go through the hassle at Walmart and Walgreens. Walmart did have one medication that I get for my dog that was cheaper without the coupon, but the most expensive drug I use for my dog Amantadine was easily gotten at CVS after fighting with the pharmacies at Walmart and Walgreens. Last I heard GoodRx was going to the corporate level about Walmart, but that was several months ago and I haven't heard anything back. So you can get 5 stars from me but only if you go to CVS One pharmacy is better than none. And their prices are only a few bucks more.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Cathy - we have reached out to both you and the pharmacy to make this right. We expect it to all work out and you to get the discount price you were quoted; please check your email for more. Apologies for the pain; the pharmacist was confused about how to process pet meds.
dougw101
5/16/18

I own 2 pharmacies, I understand the pricing of generic medications. If Good RX is saving you tons of money (which it may) you need to find a new pharmacy that isn't ripping you off. Look for independently owned stores. They have the power to change prices and are usually going to give you a fair price and not charge you $150 over the cost of the med, which is what happens when you see a big price drop from Good Rx. Why not find a pharmacy that will give you a fair price from the start? I'd love to hear from you, I'll give you a quote and let you know my cost of the med your inquiring about so you can get an idea of what a good price is. I'm tired of these stupid games.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the feedback.
uwsb
1/19/18

Have insurance and the goodrx price was 60 percent cheaper. Pharmacist stated it works but not always accurate. Not surprising since drug companies always changing there deals

lindah354
1/2/18

I have saved a lot of money with this card over other discount cards; however, the pharmacy will not always give you the quoted price. Compared to other discount cards I have used, the savings are better with GoodRx, but it's impossible to know which card saves you the most without running every card you have, which no one will do. At this time, I still think it is the best discount available and if the comparisons are accurate, I have saved hundreds of dollars using this card.

billief10
11/1/17

It was amazing for some of my family and friends. Huge savings on generics for Aricept, Metformin, Lisinopril, Atorvastatin. No discount on Combipatch which does not have a generic.

krisl56
9/1/17

I have been using goodrx for a few prescriptions since last year & it has always worked out well for me (@ Kroger & rite aid). It cuts my gabapentin price in half! So today I was wondering if there's a chance they might be able to save me a few $'s on suboxone (it's expensive). I checked all the prices & they are all way higher than what I actually pay. I pay 324 @ rite aid & the rite aid coupon says 406, however I just read a review in which a goodrx user said he paid just 126 for a months supply of the same medication. I'm wondering if my always helpful pharmacist can help me figure it out.

neilp26
1/29/17

The first time I tried GoodRX, Publix wouldn't take the coupon, but it turned out CVS had the product for less than the coupon price anyway. The second time CVS took the coupon at about half the going price, so GoodRX is on the happy list for now. One qualification is how this will play out with the annual insurance deductible. That will be a learning experience, but so far I'm okay with the fifty bucks.

davidl381
1/13/17

Initially I was paying $180 monthly for my son's prescription at CVS. With the GoodRx card I was able to pay about 1/3 of that at Walmart, but after two refills Walmart refused to honor the card. I checked the mobile app and transferred the prescription to Winn-Dixie which cut the price to less than $30 for a 3 month supply. This was great for about one year until Winn-Dixie sold their pharmacy business to CVS. That was a disaster so I transferred the prescription to Walgreen's, $41 for 3 month supply. Super! I hope that lasts for awhile, but the lesson is: if you meet a roadblock on the card, don't give up; look for other pharmacies that will honor it.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the review. Please email help@goodrx.com if you have future issues at a pharmacy.
sarahc213
12/17/16

I have been using goodrx for my buprenorphrine 8mg tablets and 2 months ago it was 98 for my entire script then when I went back the next month for a refill it was 176 that's a huge jump in price. I understand they can change but should it change that much in a month?

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Prices can change at any time, but that sounds like an unusually large change. Email help@goodrx.com.
sharonm158
10/12/16

Google and print out the other pharmacy coupons and Push the issue at the pharmacy. Of Course the pharmacists would prefer to charge a 30 percent co-pay of $1,300 (in my case, for one critical med), too bad. I printed out several coupons and stubbornly stood there until one coupon worked. Rhe line behind me was long and the staff fed up with me, but I won and dropped $1,300 down to $100. No, I refuse to pay astronomical prices for meds I must take daily. Push the issue and don't worry what others think.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
All of our coupons are based on contracted rates at pharmacies and are used thousands of times every day without issue. If you're having a problem, we'd love to help - please email help@goodrx.com. Thanks.
sharryln
7/22/16

About 4/5 months ago I took the GoodRX discount card to Sam's Club and was informed at the time that they were no longer accepting ANY discount card programs that they were having issues with not receiving reimbursement from these plans. The pharmacist said that they still have to pay the price that they are charged to order the medication that they do not "negotiate" on a price, especially that has anything to do with working with the discount programs. I used Blink Health today, which you pay for online prior to going to get your meds. They honored the card today only because I had prepaid but was again informed that the Board for Sams and Walmart are adamant about them using discount script programs from anyone. They will match and beat prices from their competitors but that is the only time that they will give any discounts.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Sharryl - thanks for your note. Everything the pharmacist told you, sadly, is incorrect. We are contracted with Walmart. There is no such thing as reimbursement because we are not a "plan" - they've simply agreed to honor a lower, discounted price. Sorry for the inconvenience; it's the particular pharmacists who was simply confused about how our program works and what their own corporate policies are. We'd love to help - email help@goodrx.com so we can make this right?
rl58
6/11/16

I use Good RX every month for several meds including pain medication. My Walmart requires that I have a new, current discount each time I fill. I always text it to myself and then show them my phone. This month I checked pricing and while Walmart and Sam's Club displayed a price, it was grayed out and the price shown was equal to the normal Walmart cash price.Does this mean Walmart and Sam's Club no longer participate in Good RX ? Is this only on CII drugs or is it all drugs?

anthonyk48
4/9/16

I have used GoodRx a number of times. It may not be convenient but it has saved me money. Only once at a Meijer did they have an issue with using the card. Just yesterday we got a prescription that was $122 with our insurance (have not met the deductible) for about $17. It pays to ask.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
If you ever have issues using a GoodRx coupon, just let us know and we can help. Pharmacies are usually contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Email help@goodrx.com. Thanks.
mikeg158
1/22/16

GoodRX saved me $29 on this prescription over my insurance co-pay. What a fanastic deal.

mabelt3
11/6/15

I've used this website a few times for coupons on my medications. I like that it lists several stores and their prices for your medicine so you don't have to physically go there or call to price it out. You can have your medication mailed to you in some cases. It's worth a look, every little bit helps.

bonarda
10/28/15

More and more pharmacies are now accepting Goodrx and Goodrx gold programs. CVS was not participating but does now. Publix is still a holdout. Walmart DOES take the coupons but you have to shop around to get the best price everytime you fill a script. Kroger is the most consistent place to go. I still save money using the programs.

rudyw5
7/21/15

Quantity 120 of levetiracetam 750mg was $170 cash. Sam's Advantage Plus membership discount was $102.

GoodRx website said I would pay $20. However, the actual price I paid at the counter was $39. (The pharmacy tech told me that GoodRx coupon doesn't always show the GoodRx quoted price.) Otherwise I would have given 5 stars.

But it did work and I saved a lot of money!

heatherb32
1/30/14

very useful site and I have tried it a couple times now and they have saved me quite a bit of money. The only drawback was that the first time I used the site the pharmacist seemed very confused by the coupon and it took awhile before he was able to give me the discount. Not the sites fault though and the next time I tried a coupon it worked. .

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GoodRx