Review of GoodRx

2018 Customer choice award

17 reviews with 3 stars

folzk
8/24/18

My husband and I printed out GoodRx coupons for shingrix vaccine and went to Walmart. They refused to honor the price and showed us on the computer that it was GoodRX that said the coupons were no good for That vaccine. Go figure that one out.

angelaw155
1/31/18

I have goodrx app on my phone. When I look up prices, Walmart always tells me that price on my phone, is not what shows up on their computer. For example. I was at the ER today. I was given an antibiotic and pain med. the antibiotic on my goodrx app said $17.98 for ten tabs. Walmart, said they are seeing $29.32. I'm tired of these prices changing. I was told by an ER Doctor, that they have to honor what is on my app, but they don't. Other than that, goodrx has saved me money before.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hm. Something seems up, as our prices are very accurate and we work closely with Walmart. Would you mind emailing help@goodrx.com so we can dig in and see what's up?
joanc86
1/9/18

I could not afford my prescription (I have no insurance). I got the goodRx card and my prescription was only $10 for 90 day supply and I was so happy I could afford to take it then. Today I went to pick up my prescription and the price jumped to $114. I have to take the brand name so I can't take the generic brand which is much cheaper so I may have to go with my prescription now and I really need it.

danw129
12/17/17

I have had an issue with both CVS and Walgreens not honoring the price quoted on coupon that is printed out with current date. I changed from Walgreens (because no one knew how to enter the coupon to get quoted price) to CVS. Today I go to CVS and they will not honor the price quoted on line today.

GoodRx Please stop misquoting the price or give us the name of a Drug store that will guarantee to honor the price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi. Our prices are accurate and set by contracts the pharmacy agrees to accept. Please email help@goodrx.com if you’ve had an issue?
bethb64
3/10/17

I used Good Rx for my Rx's, they were on the $, but one was over charged by $20. that was advertised. So I called the phone number that was offered on the website. Right off the bat, the founder says, "we will help you resolve any issues you have with cost discrepancies, unless they are controlled prescriptions such as" ...I got through, it was not a controlled Rx and the woman on the phone could not be less helpful. Did not want to even pretend to help me. Why say they will help resolve monetary issues if you won't? So, buyer (of prescriptions) beware! It still cost me $150 for 4 Rx's. Have a nice day.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We can help - our prices are accurate - please email help@goodrx.com
noreeng1
3/2/17

Have been using GoodRx for about a year now. At first, there didn't seem to be any problem with the prices quoted with the online coupon and the drug store prices. However, recently I have run into a problem with pharmacies honoring the prices quoted and what they actually charge for the prescription. Example: Nitroglycerin tablets at Kroger should have been $13,58 as per online coupon. But, when filled, Kroger wanted to charge me $44 saying a disclaimer on the coupon states prices were only suggestions. It was at their discretion to honor the coupon or not. So, I took my prescription to Walgreen and although I ran into the same issue (coupon was for $15 and changed, Walgreen charged $21) with the Pharmacist complaining that GoodRx was not reimbursing them to make up the difference in pricing. Not sure if this will continue, but either way, make sure you check with the pharmacy on pricing when using GoodRx coupons so you are not caught off guard when picking up your prescription.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We can help. Please email help@goodrx.com. The pharmacist was confused - we don't reimburse pharmacies anything.
chriss504
1/14/17

Why doesn't Walmart honor these coupons? Or is it a good RX problem? Your site gave me a price of $170 for Ranexa and Walmart wouldn't honor the coupon!! They charge me $353! Didn't work for me 3 times now at Walmart.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Our prices are contractually set with pharmacies. Please email help@goodrx.com for assistance. If you've had a bad experience, we'd like to make it right.
alexanderr37
8/19/16

Sometimes they take the coupon, most of the time they do not. Its a 50/50 chance at my local Walgreens.
If they always accepted goodrx, it would work out even better then insurance for me. Unfortunately this is not the case.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
If you're having issues using a coupon, please email help@goodrx.com so we can make it right.
debraf28
6/17/16

Not working at Walmart any longer, and when I called Good RX they said Walmart has their own discount and are the only Pharmacy that can deny anotherdiscount card .This is not true on many levels and Good Rx offered me no help at all.. I cannot afford the high prices they sometimes charge for my blood pressure meds and the price fluxuations are maddening... And most of the time unaffordable for low income people like myself.. Walmart was down right liars and Good RX gave me no help when I called.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We can help with this. Please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back to you promptly.
js58
5/10/16

I've been using GoodRx coupons for my old dogs' pet medications at my local Kroger pharmacy for about a year, now with no problems. The other day, however, the pharmacist refused to honor the coupon price. The cashier (tech?) informed me it was the pharmacist's prerogative to honor it, or not.

The GoodRx website states that pharmacies are contractually obligated to honor the discounted price. - turns out, this is not the case. I called the number on the coupon and talked to a representative from a company called Catamaran - which also, evidently, handles GoodRx issues. He said that if the medication is a controlled substance, the pharmacist is not required to honor the coupon price. GoodRx should put this information on their website and not include pharmacies that refuse to honor the discount for these medications.

I will be taking by business to a different pharmacy, in the future.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi JA - Thanks for your feedback. It is true that controlled substances are honored at the discretion of the pharmacy, which is why we provide that information on every page of the site where we provide coupons for controlled substances. We continue to provide coupons because we find that in 99% of cases, pharmacists will in fact honor the coupons, and we'd hate to not provide savings when it's highly likely you'll receive them. I hope that makes sense.
bwj
2/21/16

So i dont usually write a review, but this morning i had a couple scripts to fill and i do not have insurance so looked to goodrx.com based on a tv ad. and i found this site to do some research. I called Walmart and they explained they do not accept them any longer with no explanation. Then I called Walgreens same result, next CVS the tech there explained they just the last week or two no longer accept goodrx coupons due to them dropping cvs from their plans. So i went to a nearby cvs a different one and asked the pharmacist if goodrx actually is legitimate and work and she politely explained that yes goodrx works the problem is it works to well.(im not a paid reviewer i am a chef fyi) so i said to her so u stopped taking the coupons because you all were losing money she said basically they received an email 2 weeks ago from their district manager stating they are no longer to accept goodrx coupons because the discounts are not good business for cvs. So i guess in my brief research it doesnt appear to be a scam website like alot say and the reasons they are not accepted is not because they arent legite its apparently because their discounts are to great for the pharmacies which that pharmicist was probably jot supposed to share an internal email like that with me but there you go not a scam just apparently do their job to well atleast here in springfield missouri

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We're happy to help if you have any issues with GoodRx - please email help@goodrx.com - thanks!
travisc22
2/18/16

I have been using my goodrx coupon for awhile and just was informed by Walgreens that they no longer honor it, in fact they said they stopped honoring it 8 months ago--funny, since all but 1 of those 8 months I was able to get 1/2 off my medication w my code. Last Dec it wasnt honored, yet it WAS honored Jan and Feb....wtf??

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
More than 3.5 million people use GoodRx to save on their prescriptions every month, and every coupon we display is based on current contracted relationships with pharmacies. In our experience, SiteJabber attracts the very, very few people who like to write negative reviews and, more importantly, these reviewers rarely respond when we attempt to help them resolve their issues (which we can!). So...we don't respond to comments here any more. We'd really like to help anyone who has an issue with GoodRx. Please email info@goodrx.com if you'd like help. Thanks.
melt193
2/16/16

A doctor told me to try Good Rx for two of my prescriptions that were costly. I printed out two coupons and took them to Publix which showed the best price for the Good Rx prescriptions. The pharmacist said the coupons were bogus. One medication they did not even carry and the other coupon price was false. The pharmacist said to me, "I do not know where they come up with these coupons, we do not honor these."

richb35
12/5/15

They claim they GET you name and date of birth, but then strip it from the rest of the info - kinda like the NSA and the Feds.
IF that's true, why do they even get it in the first place.
As far as pharmacys not taking it, all they have to do is scan the coupon in - if they don't at least do that - instruct them on how to do they're job.

joanm41
9/29/15

Walgreens in Alachua, FL refused to accept coupon for a hydrocortisone cream. Said it was below what it costs them. Tried CVS in High Springs, FL. Was told they would accept. Had doctor send prescription to CVS. When talked to them, said could not accept coupon. After calling GoodRX and complaining, I called CVS back and put pressure on them. After some consultation with the pharmacist, they came back bright and cheery and said they would accept coupon. My take on all this...be persistant. Make sure you have a card from GoodRX with group and membership numbers. Go in to pharmacy in person. Have pharmacy call GoodRX.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We're happy to help resolve any issues - just email info@goodrx.com.
laurac84
6/15/15

I am giving this 3 stars even though I couldn't get the advertised price and felt the explanation goodrx gave me was a bold faced lie. The reason I give 3 stars is that Target would still give me a heavy discount over retail even though it was alost 3 x advertised.
I am doing without the medicine. Apparently no one sells it at a reasonable price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Sorry for the inconvenience. Our prices are based on contracted rates that pharmacies have agreed to accept. Thousands of Americans use GoodRx every day without an issue. Typically, if there is a problem, it's a pharmacist who either misunderstands or simply doesn't want to provide a discount to the customer. We'd love the opportunity to look into this issue for you and resolve on your behalf - we're quite good at it. Please email info@goodrx.com if you'd like us to resolve. Thanks.
maryv24
3/27/15

No problem with Target or Walgreens, saved me money

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

6 Photos for GoodRx