Review of GoodRx

2018 Customer choice award

21 reviews with 2 stars

lynns219
6/7/18

I've been using Good Rx with good results for months. Today I pulled up the coupon and it showed my RX was $19.59 at my pharmacy. The pharmacy put the info in and it was $26.02. they verified the name/dosage/quantity were correct in the coupon. They then said this has been happening a lot lately. I called Good RX and they pulled the RX and my pharmacy up and said it showed too be $25.42.

This is ridiculous. I'll stick with Blink

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Lynn. Our prices are quite accurate, and this story doesn't seem to make sense. We'd love to look into it and also make it right by you. Please email us at help@goodrx.com if we can assist. And please note that other programs aren't accepted at many pharmacies.
amit400
2/4/18

I just picked up Clonzepam1mg for 60 pills and I was changed 25.00 and i have never paid over 11.00 for this Rx in the past.. Something is not right!! This is bs.. I'm frankly getting tired of it!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Our prices are accurate and we’d love to help. Please email help@goodrx.com for support.
diannew17
1/14/18

I have a GoodRx card and I checked the price of my medication on GoodRx.com and was quoted about $10. When I went to pick up my prescription the amount was $147! They ended up giving me their own pharmacy discount which was $20. So apparently this company cannot be trusted. Knew it was too good to be true.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello there. Sorry for your issues. When you see prices on GoodRx, they require you to print or present that coupon to the pharmacist. Your card will likely not offer the same discount, which is why it advises you on the card to go to goodrx.com for the lowest prices and discounts. We provide the cards for people who are unable to use our website or mobile app. Make sense?
waynel54
6/27/17

Pharmacies do not like using the GoodRx card very much. Better to go with a more reputable card that has been around for a while,such as UNA, or California RX card if in CA. Pharmacist i spoke with is it is their prefered card and easiest to use. They just ran or up on the spot with a number the pharmacy already had, and all i had to do is ask if they could help with price. Saved around 50% this time, and have higher and lower savings other time with it. Looked then up online and you can print a card, and look up pricing, without giving personal info.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Uh...GoodRx works exactly the same way, but actually saves more. If you're having issues, please email help@goodrx.com.
marryl9
6/14/17

I have a discount card and it states on the card check goodrx.com to find the lowest prices. So I went to the goodrx website and check my prescription and it said on the website $179 at Costco for Lovaza 1mg 360 pills.
When I went to the pharmacy I got charged 672 or something. I was baffled!! There had to be a mistake. I had the pharmacy call the # that is listed on my card and they were no help at all! So I called goodrx directly and they explained to me something about cards and coupons. My point is why do you tell us to check the prices on the card if that's not the price that's very confusing and misleading.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Our prices are accurate and we can help. Please email help@goodrx.com? We may be able to get you a refund as well.
kathryna19
4/6/17

I thought good rx was the solution to high prescription cost but I guess I was wrong. I did save about $100 per month for about 3 months but now my prescription has doubled in price since last month. I guess It was too good to be true!

lauras192
10/18/16

At first goodrx was helpful In finding decent prices.
It allowed me to make an educated decision as to which would be the best pharmacy for a particular med. Lately it seems the price is always higher than the coupon even though the PIN number matches. Upon contacting customer service...after getting through that awful automated system...I was told the price is always an estimate and may be off. I guess the best thing to do is call around (fun! more automation!) to make sure prices match.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
All of our coupons are based on contracted rates at pharmacies and are used thousands of times every day without issue. If you're having a problem, we'd love to help - please email help@goodrx.com. Thanks.
dianes29
10/17/16

Up until a few weeks ago I'd had very good luck with GoodRx. It had helped me find the best nearby price several times, but in the past 2 weeks, I've made 4 separate trips and took 2 different scripts to 3 different places, (inconvenient places!) that GoodRx showed would have the best price, but none would honor the GoodRx coupons. I've contacted Customer Service twice, once by phone and once by email. They gave me incorrect info by phone, and the emailed reply was not helpful either.

Tip for consumers: Don't go too far out of your way to try a GoodRx coupon, because it may or may not work.

lpb
10/9/16

Took my prescription to Walmart based on the Goodrx price of $28 instead of the $200 average price at other places. Walmart first tried to charge me $177, when I told them to run the Goodrx card they said the price was $99. When I again showed them the price from the Goodrx website a manager said they would accept it just this once basically to make me go away but would not take the coupon price a second time. This whole mess took almost an hour of my time to fight for this price not sure its worth it.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Sorry for your issues. Walmart has signed contracts guaranteeing those prices. If you reach out to help@goodrx.com, we can assist further. Thanks.
laural123
10/8/16

Walmart pharmacy assisted me getting a coupon on my cell phone. Pharmacy took information off my phone. I clicked the button to have the coupon emailed to me and kept it on my phone. Three days later the coupon disappeared on my phone. The company never emailed it to me. The company has no way of retrieving the coupons it issues. The pharmacy charged me the same amount for 10 tablets instead of the coupon amount for 20 tablets. Pharmacy claims the coupons are only good for one time use even though the Goodrx website states they can be reused and transferred to other pharmacies. Walmart wiped out the whole coupon and claim there is nothing they can do to give me a reimbursement since all the coupon information is gone

I paid twice the amount then the coupon. Better to go straight to the pharmaceutical website and get their coupon in my case. I suggest you check there before going to these websites. Could be cheaper. And it is frustrating to find out they keep no records of what they issue to customers.

THE NEXT PART IS to the Good Rx response. As mentioned here, I clicked on email my coupon but it never was emailed to me. Why it disappeared from my phone is beyond my understanding. I tried several times to resolve this issue with GoodRx but they said they have no way of retrieving coupons issued to their customers. Three days after my coupon was issued Walmart discontinued being involved with my medication for 10 or 20 tablet coupons.
My GoodRx coupon stated 20 tablets, 20mg for $104.08. Walmart charged me that amount for 10 tablets and refuses to reimburse me or make good on the coupon. Belsomra is around $300 for 30 tablets without a coupon or insurance. So the way Walmart processed my GoodRx coupon I did not receive any savings.

Evidently, your company and Walmart have to get on the same page with your coupons. They stand by your coupon is good for one time use only and then all the information is deleted from their system. You claim that is not the case. Then you two need to figure that out.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Laura - Sorry to hear of your issues. We don't issue coupons - you can easily retrieve them at any time on your phone. If we emailed it to you, then it would still be there - we can't magically remove emails. Walmart isn't correct - our coupons are not one-time use; in fact, they don't expire at all. Sorry you've had a negative experience - we would love to make it right. Please reach out to help@goodrx.com if you have further questions.
jesenias
8/26/16

Went to my local CVS to use the coupon which referred to me by my doctor. The pharmacy went to apply and it came back as $1500.00!! Online it said the price with coupon for that medicine would be 32.75. Couldn't believe it. The pharmacy couldn't tell me why it didnt work.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
HI Jesenia - our prices are quite accurate, so we'd like to figure out what went wrong. Please email help@goodrx.com so we can make this right for you.
mikeg206
8/22/16

Why?

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Publix is contracted to accept GoodRx, but sometimes pharmacists fail to abide by their company's contractual obligations. Apologies for your inconvenience - please email help@goodrx.com?
coreyt9
8/14/16

First time I used it over a year ago it worked great for some meds my wife was takinh that weren't covered by insurance. We recently tried it for the same meds and it didn't give the price the give when you check for prices. Our insurance pays a little on the meds now but they are still expensive. The prices Goodrx lists aren't accurate now by far.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Corey - Sorry for your issues. Our prices are both accurate and contractually agreed to with the pharmacy. Typically if the price you receive is different, it's one of three things:

1) You are looking at a price for a different form, dosage or quantity of the prescription you have.
2) Your pharmacist is not entering in the coupon information correctly or otherwise making an error.
3) You aren't using the correct coupon for the prescription - you may need to visit our website to get the current coupon which will get you that price.

We're happy to help further - please email help@goodrx.com.
timw83
8/9/16

Printed a coupon for Irbesartan 150mg. Shopko cash price $197/90 days. Coupon for Shopko was $15/90 days. Pharmacist said GoodRX not accepted at Shopko.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - we are accepted - the pharmacist is confused - we can help - please email help@goodrx.com?
bettyr20
7/19/16

suprising to know i could get some of the meds i have been paying higher prices for until i went to selected pharmacy which was walmart in my town and was told they do not accept the good rx which was a pharmacy listed am totally shocked.after reading some of the reviews they are basically saying the same things no acceptance..what a joke

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
GoodRx coupons are contracted with Walmart - the pharmacist is simply wrong and telling you incorrect information. We can help - please email help@goodrx.com. It's disappointing if Walmart is not honoring a contract they have agreed to accept.
jordanm73
4/29/16

I looked up the cost of a couple of prescriptions at a CVS to find it came out to about $80. I went there and presented my card, only to find I was wasting my time - they refused me. I immediately called RX and told them of my experience. They indicated that they'd "take care of it" but that it could take up to 4 weeks! Ugh, do I really have to wait that long? Will this even guarantee I can use the card when everything is said and done, or am I waiting 4 weeks just to be told no again?

I want to give this review 5 stars, but I need to know what to expect first. Right now I'm just really disappointed.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Please send a note to help@goodrx.com so we can assist.
michaelh203
1/8/16

I first used GoodRX just over a year ago and was surprised at the savings even when compared to my insurance, it made sense to pay out of pocket and use GoodRx. Then I tried to use it again for a different script and the experience was totally different. I went to three pharmacies and none would honor the GoodRx price. Now that I'm about to refill the first prescription, the price has nearly quadrupled and is now significantly higher than I can get through my insurance. I guess as many have stated this is hit or miss, but don't be surprised if you are in for a poor and embarrassing experience at the counter.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Michael - sorry for your difficulties. GoodRx only provides coupons that are based on actual contracts with pharmacies. If a pharmacy is refusing a coupon, it's most likely because the pharmacist either doesn't understand how to process our coupon or doesn't want to provide the discount to you despite our contract. 99% of folks who use GoodRx don't have any issues, and when someone contacts us (info@goodrx.com) we can almost always resolve to your satisfaction. Again, sorry for your issues, but we'd be happy to help resolve it if possible.
joyh9
7/28/15

If you can find a pharmacy that honors this. It appears to be the better of the apps I've found. But I have a med goodrx didn't honor their coupon, and they changed the coupons since I used it. Luckily I have the coupon saved as it was, but they refuse to honor it, and come up with lies and bogus explanations as to why they don't have to.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Our coupons are accepted at most phamacies across the US; if you've had an issue please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can look into it? Thanks
markn49
5/25/15

I visited three different pharmacies in an effort to find one that would honor the "coupon price" on a basic generic sleeping medication, an effort that failed. The reasons varied... "it's only for people without insurance", "it's below our cost" and simply, "We can't sell it for that". The explanation from a GoodRX representative was that it's a controlled substance and pharmacies can decline to honor coupons at their discretion. It was pointed out that the website doesn't disclose that information for this medication and the subsequent explanation was that in almost all cases for this medication (Zolpidem) a coupon is honored so they don't alert the consumer. This certainly was not my experience. I asked the GoodRX rep if she could just tell me one pharmacy that would sell it to me at the advertised price. Her response was to say she couldn't but I was welcome to keep trying at the various pharmacies the site directed me to.
If you have time and energy to visit multiple locations and argue with pharmacy personnel AND GoodRx personnel than GoodRX is for you. Perhaps like the auto advertisements there was one at that price but someone got there before me.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - thanks for the feedback. It is true that pharmacies don't always accept controlled substances and they have the right not to...however, 99% of the time, pharmacies will accept them, and that is why we provide them. We warn people on every page where we provide coupons that the possibility of rejection does exist. We apologize for any inconvenience you've had.
lindap73
5/2/15

First time tried to use GoodRx was told by Walmart they don't take it, second time HEB said they would honor but if it turned out to be a scam they would not do it again. I feel better off trying another dicount program that the pharmacies back. Tired of f being embarrassed.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Sorry for the inconvenience. Our prices are based on contracted rates that pharmacies have agreed to accept. Thousands of Americans use GoodRx every day without an issue. Typically, if there is a problem, it's a pharmacist who either misunderstands or simply doesn't want to provide our discount to the customer. We'd love the opportunity to look into this issue for you and resolve on your behalf - we're quite good at it. Please email info@goodrx.com if you'd like us to resolve. Thanks.
bobbye7
2/27/15

I had a coupon for 120.46 for a drug. Called Walgreens and ask if I could use the coupon. Was told no. Asked why and was told GoodRx will not pay them for the medication so they no longer accept GoodRx. Why is the coupon taken at some Walgreens and not others? Plus I was on hold for for 40 mins when I called the phone number on the coupon. I just hug up. GoodRx encourages you to call the phone number on the coupon if there is any problem with the coupon not being accepted and for best results call while your at the pharmacy you are using. Who has time to hold for 40 plus mins?? This wait time is unacceptable.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Sorry for the inconvenience. A few things to clear up:

1) Sadly, your pharmacist isn't correct. GoodRx doesn't pay pharmacies anything - we simply provide coupons for lower prices that you are 100% responsible for paying. We do not pay pharmacies anything.

2) Our prices are based on contracted rates that pharmacies have agreed to accept. Thousands of Americans use GoodRx every day without an issue. Typically, if there is a problem, it's a pharmacist who either misunderstands or simply doesn't want to provide our discount to the customer.

3) We are very sorry about the extended wait time. We monitor all customer care calls and are not aware of any significant wait times. Please email info@goodrx.com and we will respond within 24 hours if you'd like to pursue further.

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

6 Photos for GoodRx