Review of GoodRx

2018 Customer choice award

116 reviews with 1 star

krm4
5/7/19

Went to Winn Dixie pharmacy to fill at advertised price of $100 and the pharmacist told me (after I sat and waited for a half an hour) then told me that was below their cost. She then tried to tell me she had another discount card for $200. I told her Publix price was $140. Then the Winn-Dixie pharmacist told me she had another discount card she could fill it for $134; but it was not in stock and I would have to come back in 5 days and pick it up. That's 34% higher then the GoodRx advertised price. Costco and Walmart no longer accept GoodRx in my area. This all seems like false advertising and the Federal Trade Commission should look into it.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello! Winn Dixie is contractually obligated to accept the GoodRx discount under most circumstances. I'd be more than happy to reach out to this pharmacy and their corporate office so this location does not provide misinformation to you or others in the future! Sending you a message for more information and thank you for letting us know about this incident!
ajm49
4/22/19

GoodRx gave me incorrect prices this month on two medications. One was $30 more at CVS and the other was $14 more at Walmart, than what GoodRx said. When I called GoodRx, they said the coupon prices are based on national averages (even though you enter your zip code.) It did not work accurately in California nor Arizona. Also, the prices on GoodRx have been higher on many others than the CVS prices without insurance.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi AJ, we're sorry about the price discrepancies for your medications. We use data from pharmacies to estimate, based on your location, what your discounted price should be. On occasion, pharmacies might carry a higher priced manufacturer, but in the vast majority of the cases, our prices are correct. We update the price information when the data becomes available to try to keep prices as accurate as possible.
mikec822
4/19/19

Good RX advertised my inhaler (Proair) at $22.87 at Walgreens. I got there and the pharmacist told me it was $76. That is MORE than my insurance, plus advertised at $22.87. What a crock of $#*!. False advertising, fraudulent. DO NOT USE, complete waste of time.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We can fix this situation for you. Please call us at (888) 799-2553 for assistance.
jamess1691
4/16/19

ADVIR HFS IS 423.00 AT WALMART GOODRX STATES ITS ONLY 123.00 AT WALMART THE ACTUAL COSTS AT WALMART IF 418.00 BEACUSE NO ONE GUARANTEES GOODRX PRICES GOODRX IS A LYING SACK OF GOOSE CRAP!!

jamess1690
4/16/19

The discount prices that are shown are NOT anywhere close to what the pharmacy will allow. One drug ADVIR was 423.00 & goodrx says it was 135.00 the actual price was 418.00 what a RIPOFF & A LYING GOOD RX THEY SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TOO GOOD & RAW WITHOUT VASOLINE!! THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - Advair is around $135; if the pharmacist charged you more, they made a mistake and we can fix this situation for you. Please call us at (888) 799-2553 for assistance.
amberm198
4/3/19

GoodRx coupon are "suggested pricing" based on "national averages" even though you enter your zip code. I have used coupons from GoodRx three times. It worked 2 out of 3 times. The third time was for a controlled medication. The pharmacy's price with the coupon was $30 more than the coupon price. After speaking with the pharmacy, I called GoodRx. They called the pharmacy. When GoodRx called me back, they said the pharmacy uses a Pharmaceutical manufacturer for my drug that costs more. They will not fix their site or app to reflect the real price for my pharmacy, because they use national averages instead of real prices. They said the only thing I can do is have my doctor submit my prescription to each pharmacy I want to try (that's a lot to ask a doctor,) so the pharmacies can run through their coupons to see what the prices come up as. There is no way to know ahead of time and they won't do it with a prescription. If I want to call GoodRx to call each pharmacy my doctor has submitted to, that's an option too. It's just as cumbersome though. I just don't understand the point of this service if the prices they show aren't reliable. They won't be getting any transaction fees from my prescriptions anymore. The price in the photo still says $173 when it's actually $204 at that store.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for your feedback. We can help. please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue. Our prices are very accurate and we work closely with pharmacies.
davidp1159
3/30/19

Tried to us a GoodRx coupon at my CVS. The pharmacist told me it's a scam, they do not honor GoodRx coupons and consider GoodRx to be false advertising. Stay away .

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hm. That’s just not true. We work very closely with CVS and talk to their leadership almost weekly. please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue and we'll do our best to help.
chickies
3/19/19

So far everything I've gotten a coupon for has been ignored. Walmart refuses to adhere to the prices on the coupon. Instead they refer to the clause that gives them an out on the coupon. This is a waste of time...........

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue and we'll do our best to help.
douglass172
2/6/19

I have a card and have tried three times to compare it with my drug coverage (which usually pays no more than 40% of the cost of my prescriptions). Every time I compared GoodRX price with my insurance plan, the GoodRX prescription cost more - not a lot more, but more. I'll continue to try, but I'm not optimistic. It will probably end up to be useful only when I have a prescription where my insurance doesn't cover the drug. We'll see.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello. While GoodRx can sometimes beat insurance prices, that won't always be the case - not sure why that merits a 1-star review, but whatever.
dennisa120
1/30/19

Yesterday I tried to use a coupon at Walgreens for Pred Forte at store 10671 in Ocala Florida. The hooded coupon said that the price with the coupon was $163.99. The store said that the coupon was for $40 off the price so they charged $299.17 for the medication the pharmacy employee said that the coupon doesn't mean that the price is only $163.69 even though that's exactly what the coupon says She said that it doesn't mean I only pay that much because they only give$40 if the price with the coupon I'm attaching photos of the coupon and my receipt
I feel like I either I was scammed by Walgreens or that Goodrx is committing fraud with the coupons they issue Someone owes me $136 i am also contacting the Florida States'Attornies office regarding this fraudulent business practice.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there. Sorry for any issues you're having. Our prices are very accurate and they are used tens of thousands of times a day without issue. We'd love to make this right. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. If you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
kamrank13
1/24/19

Today I print and send a coupon to the CVS coupon money was $38.XX. At CVS they are asking $70 plus. As per CVS they try the same coupon (which is print according to area code) price appearing $70 plus. HE (CVS) advise me to call GoodRX. I called them and GoodRX representative said in 10mins she will call to the CVS and fix the issue. These 10 min extended more 90min and upto 5 calls each time 10mins. Final give and said to CVS please charge to my insurance company. Never recommend to use GoodR X. Thanks

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for leaving a review, and I'm sorry you went through such a hassle. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. We want to make this right for you, especially since you've been such a loyal customer, so if you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
martinc222
12/27/18

I have successfully used GoodRX for several years. This year my pharmacy says Goodrx has a 91 day fill limit at the pharmacy on my benazapril. The coupon indicates it is for 360 day supply, which is how I always fill my maintenance drugs.

When calling GoidRX customer service number, I get sent to "special offers" that sound exactly like the telemarketing calls we all try to avoid. You know the ones: Free $100 Walmart gift card. Special pricing on travel. I tried 4 times and never got close to anyone who resembled a human customer service representative. I will NEVER use GoodRX again. There are too many legitimate discount cards out there to put up with this garbage. I am very disappointed in GoodRX.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Martin – thanks for leaving a review, and I'm sorry you went through such a hassle. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. We want to make this right for you, especially since you've been such a loyal customer, so if you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
rebeccah271
12/6/18

I was way ovwrcharged at Wal Mart on my rxs by 27.83. The pharmacy tech didn't run it through my Good RX card. As it turns out if they had I would have paid more. I spoke to a Customer Service Rep at Good RX who said that the drug prices on their site were estimates only. They don't guarantee ANY prices. So of course, their prices would be lower. You have to print out each and every coupon to get the discounted price and the coupon price is not guaranteed. But if you pay for Good RX Gold it is. Folks Good RX is Sleeping Beauty with Wal Street's Seven Drawfs. It is deceitful.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - that information is incorrect. Our prices are very accurate and we work closely with Walgreens. If we've made a mistake, we'll be happy to make it right. Please call 888-799-2553. Thanks.
tomf287
10/19/18

You know when you get a feeling that something is too good to be true?

That's GoodRx in a nutshell. I brought a blood pressure prescription for my elderly mother to WalMart that I had filled for her about 10 times. This time I brought in a GoodRx coupon and guess what? They don't accept them. Long story short I called GoodRx and got a song and dance TWICE when I got home.

The first time it was the old it's "up to the pharmacy or the pharmacist on duty. Call some other Walmarts by you and check their prices out with the GoodRx coupon", which actually NO pharmacy will do unless THEY have a prescription in hand because for a pharmacy to just "run" the GoodRx coupon costs them money. Like a fool I wasted my time and every one of them said new corporate policy as of August 2018, NO Walmart should accept them.

The kicker was I grew up with somebody who worked their way up at Walmart Corporate HQ in Bentonville. I called them and they said they had cut all ties to GoodRx as of 8/31/18.

I considered that to be the FINAL answer coming from Walmart Corporate but I figured what the heck, I just wasted a couple hours of my life so I ended up calling GoodRx back with the official Walmart HQ response.

What I got was a very snotty tone and was told the same scripted story from GoodRx, that it was up to the individual store or pharmacy. I said NO, here's the number and an extension to somebody at Walmart Corporate if you want to double check. I'm looking at your website right now and my cost with the Good Rx coupon will be four times the price of the price you have listed on your site RIGHT NOW.

"OK I'll pass that on to my supervisor, is there something else I can help you with today?" My friend who works at Walmart corporate said they stopped accepting GoodRx or any discounts for anything that's a controlled substance on 1/1/2018 and yet GoodRx has Walmart listed for a bunch of different controlled substance discounts. That didn't really apply to me, the prescription was for a non controlled BP med for my mother but even in their "response" they say "Walmart has changed their policies for ALL controlled substance prescriptions" and YET they still list discounted prices for them. My point is: Doesn't that just PROVE that Good Rx is the "incorrect" one and not the 103 people on here who gave them 1 star?

UPDATE: Reply to GoodRxs response which made me REALLY look into this company:

The moral is I'm not "in talks to be acquired for at least $1.5 billion" which isn't bad for a company valued at 300 million but they do have A LOT of personal medical information for marketers to buy and use.

I will say that GoodRx has saved me some money in the past BUT most pharmacies have the same info that is on the website but weren't allowed to use it because of some old federal law. That has recently changed and most pharmacies will give you the lowest price possible but not always, I have found this to be especially true at Walgreen's, they will usually come in way higher then say Costco, in some cases 10X as much. Don't even bother to use a discount at Walmart because you will be wasting your time. If you have a afternoon to waste then by all means bring to your GoodRx "discount" to all of the pharmacies they have listed on their website, you might save $3 and have your or your families very personal information sold. Your name, address, phone number, doctor, condition, prescriptions ALL go into a database run by a PBM (pharmacy benefit manager) who is the middle man between the manufacturer and drug store. What happens to that information is it gets sold. The PBMs are the one who set the prices for your drugs and most drug stores hate dealing with the ones that GoodRx has contracted with. If anything just watch the first link, it goes into pretty good detail on why your drug costs are so high to begin with and is a pharmacist. The other links confirm it and are mostly pharmacists.

Actually to counter GoodRxs response I talked to a pharmacist who pointed me to these links:

You will have copy and paste them but it explains how Good Rx actually works and the information is from mostly pharmacists and drug store owners. These are MUST READS and are very interesting. Basically being politely called a liar has upset me so what went from a basic "They aren't accepted at Walmart review" has become
"THEY SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION REVIEW".

I have a serious problem with my families medical information being sold to third parties. I also find the fact that a review wasn't posted for a month and the SAME DAY I posted a negative one a glowing one about using GoodRx at Walmart was posted.
"Today we had a prescription filled at WalMart."
"We are committed to using GoodRx to check prices!"
That doesn't seem too fishy at all.

Attached is a GOODRX WALMART DISCOUNT COUPON for generic Valium from 10/28/2018 which is a SCHEDULE 4 CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE or maybe everyone but GoodRx is "incorrect". 103 ONE STAR reviews are absolutely "correct" and I have serious doubts about the validity of most of the 5 star reviews.

"The pharmacy is wrong, our prices are correct, we'll make this right, we'll correct this, we'll resolve this" and so on in response to EVERY negative review.

Translation: They will send you a $10 Amazon gift card or something along those lines. That isn't going help my mothers blood pressure or am I "incorrect"?

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for a very lengthy review. Sadly, everything reported here is incorrect. GoodRx works very closely with Walmart and our coupons are used there thousands of times a day. It is true that Walmart has changed their policies for ALL controlled substance prescriptions; not just GoodRx. We’d be happy to help and come up with a way to make this right if you’d email help@goodrx.com.
johnb1923
8/29/18

This happened in two states now. In my prior state, it was cheaper to pay cash with the pharmacy's regular discount. I didn't use the card.

I got a couple of prices and called the pharmacy w/the lowest price here. The said they're having problems with the company's quoted price and invariably had to call and call them again. The costs quoted were bogus. Consumers were screwed - nothing new and this confirms what I saw but didn't understand. In this new state, I only called one pharmacy that's local for two quotes and I'll pay about $3 more for one and $7 more for the other. I'll stop enriching the pharmaceutical companies for one script and will just not bother filling it anymore.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Well hello John! We aren't having issues - our prices are right. Sounds like a misunderstanding - can you email help@goodrx.com and we'll make this right for you?
elizabethp256
8/28/18

Received my 30 day free trial card. The web site quoted the discount price. Went to my participating Pharmacy and GoodRx would not approve the price quoted on line. Spoke to 2 different GoodRX customer service representatives. First one young inexperienced, told me what she was probably reading off a sheet. Asked for a supervisor (Isaiah) Extremely rude, cut me off during asking questions, and when I would cut in to ask ask a question l was told I was being difficult.?It appears they are programmed, and if you ask simply questions they don't know the answer too you all the sudden become difficult and they want to end the conversation. I rarely send reviews but this one is truly price false advertising and horrible customer service.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - GoodRx Gold prices are right, and if there's an issue, we're happy to take care of it and make things right. Our contracted rates are clearly published and if we're wrong (which rarely happens, if ever) , we'll be sure to make you happy somehow. Will you please email help@goodrx.com so we can resolve this?
jimf218
8/22/18

Good RX is total crap, buy yourself toilet paper instead, you can put it to good use. Went to four different pharmacies with Gold Good RX Card (Sams, CVS, walgreen's and Walmart) and ALL of they gave me a hard time AND refused to take the card. I immediately called Good RX and canceled the card!!! Total waste of time and money!!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Jim - We'd be happy to help. GoodRx Gold is accepted at every pharmacy in our network, and we can fix problems. What are the odds you'll reach out again so we can make this right?
tammyb213
8/18/18

I checked two pharmacy's for my medication with the Good RX Cupon. Rite Aid would not honor the Cupon, and Fred's did not have the medication. Wal-Mart would not honor their Cupon.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - we work closely with all of the pharmacies you mention. It sounds like you may have been trying to fill a controlled substance, which pharmacists have the option to deny (and we say so on the site). Still, we'd like to help - please email help@goodrx.com.
crystalt53
8/17/18

Walmart is listed on the good rx site. Went there they said no. Called the good rx. # and was informed that eventhough they partner with Walmart that can choose to accept it or not. Gee thanks I think maybe they didn't want to honor it because the script was actually for a canine but a human med obviously. Whatever not gonna embarrass myself with this crap again

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - sounds like the pharmacist was not aware how to process GoodRx; we can help with this. Please email help@goodrx.com? We'll make this right.
lorac15
8/5/18

One of the actors says that he has insurance,but goods saves him more. On the bottom of the screen,it CLEARLY says "not to be combined with other insurance ". Sounds misleading to me....

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
It's not misleading - you simply can't combine the two discounts. Not sure why that would merit a 1-star review.
donnal273
8/5/18

Coupon states that "your estimated price at pharmacy will be $84.16", I called and my price with the coupon is $389!!!!! What a waste of time for someone who doesn't have the income for their meds.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - pharmacies sometimes do not like to run coupons over the phone, but you will get that price at the pharmacy. We work closely with every major US pharmacy and we'd love to help make this right - and we almost always can. Will you contact us at help@goodrx.com?
aymar
7/31/18

I thought I could save a little money using Good RX over Blink Health. Nope! My coupons were less than 2 hours old when I presented them to pay for my meds. Kroger wanted nearly 26$ more than the price on the coupons. Declined to be ripped off and went home. Checked the Good RX price for Kroger and it still showed the value on my coupons, not the $24 more that Kroger demanded. Tore up the coupons and paid for my meds with Blink instead. Price was higher but closer to what Kroger was demanding. I'm sticking with Blink.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hmm. One wonders if a competitive company is spamming review boards...
williamc593
6/13/18

No one accepts their coupons... Walmart regular price with no discount card or insurance is $10.00 Cheaper then the GoodRx coupon

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello William. You know that we list all those Walmart $4 and $10 prices, right? We always want to make it right, and we'd be happy to talk to you and make sure you're all good. Every major US pharmacy happily accepts GoodRx. Please email help@goodrx.com.
cjd14
6/8/18
• Updated review

I have my receipt. Walmart's "regular" price is lower than your reported "regular price for Walmart" and even lower than your "discount price for walmart" and I didn't have to do anything to get that cash price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We list Walmart's "regular prices" and we talk to them regularly. Yes, you're right - you don't have to do anything. We'd love to look into this if you'll give us a chance - please email help@goodrx.com?
“Not a lower price.”
6/6/18
• Previous review

Walmart cash price as well as several local pharmacies cash prices were less than GOODRX coupon "discount" price shown for that store. Actually, the "discount" price shown at GOODRX is the full name brand price quoted by the manufacturer and the "normal" price shown on GOODRX is far more than that quoted by the manufacturer for name brand. Not sure what all the hype is about. .

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - I think you're confused. We list Walmart cash prices for prescriptions. I think you've got your facts wrong. We'd love to help - help@goodrx.com
nancyc382
6/3/18

tried to get my dog's calcitriol filled at walmart and the pharmacist said they couldn't honor the coupon because they don't have an NPI number. i need to get this med for my dog before he has another seizure.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - the pharmacist is incorrect - Walmart changed their policies on this a few months back and it should work now. We can help - help@goodrx.com and we'll get this sorted out correctly ASAP.

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GoodRx