Review of GoodRx

2018 Customer choice award

109 reviews with 1 star

chickies
3/19/19

So far everything I've gotten a coupon for has been ignored. Walmart refuses to adhere to the prices on the coupon. Instead they refer to the clause that gives them an out on the coupon. This is a waste of time...........

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue and we'll do our best to help.
douglass172
2/6/19

I have a card and have tried three times to compare it with my drug coverage (which usually pays no more than 40% of the cost of my prescriptions). Every time I compared GoodRX price with my insurance plan, the GoodRX prescription cost more - not a lot more, but more. I'll continue to try, but I'm not optimistic. It will probably end up to be useful only when I have a prescription where my insurance doesn't cover the drug. We'll see.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello. While GoodRx can sometimes beat insurance prices, that won't always be the case - not sure why that merits a 1-star review, but whatever.
dennisa120
1/30/19

Yesterday I tried to use a coupon at Walgreens for Pred Forte at store 10671 in Ocala Florida. The hooded coupon said that the price with the coupon was $163.99. The store said that the coupon was for $40 off the price so they charged $299.17 for the medication the pharmacy employee said that the coupon doesn't mean that the price is only $163.69 even though that's exactly what the coupon says She said that it doesn't mean I only pay that much because they only give$40 if the price with the coupon I'm attaching photos of the coupon and my receipt
I feel like I either I was scammed by Walgreens or that Goodrx is committing fraud with the coupons they issue Someone owes me $136 i am also contacting the Florida States'Attornies office regarding this fraudulent business practice.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there. Sorry for any issues you're having. Our prices are very accurate and they are used tens of thousands of times a day without issue. We'd love to make this right. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. If you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
kamrank13
1/24/19

Today I print and send a coupon to the CVS coupon money was $38.XX. At CVS they are asking $70 plus. As per CVS they try the same coupon (which is print according to area code) price appearing $70 plus. HE (CVS) advise me to call GoodRX. I called them and GoodRX representative said in 10mins she will call to the CVS and fix the issue. These 10 min extended more 90min and upto 5 calls each time 10mins. Final give and said to CVS please charge to my insurance company. Never recommend to use GoodR X. Thanks

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for leaving a review, and I'm sorry you went through such a hassle. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. We want to make this right for you, especially since you've been such a loyal customer, so if you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
martinc222
12/27/18

I have successfully used GoodRX for several years. This year my pharmacy says Goodrx has a 91 day fill limit at the pharmacy on my benazapril. The coupon indicates it is for 360 day supply, which is how I always fill my maintenance drugs.

When calling GoidRX customer service number, I get sent to "special offers" that sound exactly like the telemarketing calls we all try to avoid. You know the ones: Free $100 Walmart gift card. Special pricing on travel. I tried 4 times and never got close to anyone who resembled a human customer service representative. I will NEVER use GoodRX again. There are too many legitimate discount cards out there to put up with this garbage. I am very disappointed in GoodRX.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Martin – thanks for leaving a review, and I'm sorry you went through such a hassle. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. We want to make this right for you, especially since you've been such a loyal customer, so if you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
rebeccah271
12/6/18

I was way ovwrcharged at Wal Mart on my rxs by 27.83. The pharmacy tech didn't run it through my Good RX card. As it turns out if they had I would have paid more. I spoke to a Customer Service Rep at Good RX who said that the drug prices on their site were estimates only. They don't guarantee ANY prices. So of course, their prices would be lower. You have to print out each and every coupon to get the discounted price and the coupon price is not guaranteed. But if you pay for Good RX Gold it is. Folks Good RX is Sleeping Beauty with Wal Street's Seven Drawfs. It is deceitful.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - that information is incorrect. Our prices are very accurate and we work closely with Walgreens. If we've made a mistake, we'll be happy to make it right. Please call 888-799-2553. Thanks.
tomf287
10/19/18

You know when you get a feeling that something is too good to be true?

That's GoodRx in a nutshell. I brought a blood pressure prescription for my elderly mother to WalMart that I had filled for her about 10 times. This time I brought in a GoodRx coupon and guess what? They don't accept them. Long story short I called GoodRx and got a song and dance TWICE when I got home.

The first time it was the old it's "up to the pharmacy or the pharmacist on duty. Call some other Walmarts by you and check their prices out with the GoodRx coupon", which actually NO pharmacy will do unless THEY have a prescription in hand because for a pharmacy to just "run" the GoodRx coupon costs them money. Like a fool I wasted my time and every one of them said new corporate policy as of August 2018, NO Walmart should accept them.

The kicker was I grew up with somebody who worked their way up at Walmart Corporate HQ in Bentonville. I called them and they said they had cut all ties to GoodRx as of 8/31/18.

I considered that to be the FINAL answer coming from Walmart Corporate but I figured what the heck, I just wasted a couple hours of my life so I ended up calling GoodRx back with the official Walmart HQ response.

What I got was a very snotty tone and was told the same scripted story from GoodRx, that it was up to the individual store or pharmacy. I said NO, here's the number and an extension to somebody at Walmart Corporate if you want to double check. I'm looking at your website right now and my cost with the Good Rx coupon will be four times the price of the price you have listed on your site RIGHT NOW.

"OK I'll pass that on to my supervisor, is there something else I can help you with today?" My friend who works at Walmart corporate said they stopped accepting GoodRx or any discounts for anything that's a controlled substance on 1/1/2018 and yet GoodRx has Walmart listed for a bunch of different controlled substance discounts. That didn't really apply to me, the prescription was for a non controlled BP med for my mother but even in their "response" they say "Walmart has changed their policies for ALL controlled substance prescriptions" and YET they still list discounted prices for them. My point is: Doesn't that just PROVE that Good Rx is the "incorrect" one and not the 103 people on here who gave them 1 star?

UPDATE: Reply to GoodRxs response which made me REALLY look into this company:

The moral is I'm not "in talks to be acquired for at least $1.5 billion" which isn't bad for a company valued at 300 million but they do have A LOT of personal medical information for marketers to buy and use.

I will say that GoodRx has saved me some money in the past BUT most pharmacies have the same info that is on the website but weren't allowed to use it because of some old federal law. That has recently changed and most pharmacies will give you the lowest price possible but not always, I have found this to be especially true at Walgreen's, they will usually come in way higher then say Costco, in some cases 10X as much. Don't even bother to use a discount at Walmart because you will be wasting your time. If you have a afternoon to waste then by all means bring to your GoodRx "discount" to all of the pharmacies they have listed on their website, you might save $3 and have your or your families very personal information sold. Your name, address, phone number, doctor, condition, prescriptions ALL go into a database run by a PBM (pharmacy benefit manager) who is the middle man between the manufacturer and drug store. What happens to that information is it gets sold. The PBMs are the one who set the prices for your drugs and most drug stores hate dealing with the ones that GoodRx has contracted with. If anything just watch the first link, it goes into pretty good detail on why your drug costs are so high to begin with and is a pharmacist. The other links confirm it and are mostly pharmacists.

Actually to counter GoodRxs response I talked to a pharmacist who pointed me to these links:

You will have copy and paste them but it explains how Good Rx actually works and the information is from mostly pharmacists and drug store owners. These are MUST READS and are very interesting. Basically being politely called a liar has upset me so what went from a basic "They aren't accepted at Walmart review" has become
"THEY SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION REVIEW".

I have a serious problem with my families medical information being sold to third parties. I also find the fact that a review wasn't posted for a month and the SAME DAY I posted a negative one a glowing one about using GoodRx at Walmart was posted.
"Today we had a prescription filled at WalMart."
"We are committed to using GoodRx to check prices!"
That doesn't seem too fishy at all.

Attached is a GOODRX WALMART DISCOUNT COUPON for generic Valium from 10/28/2018 which is a SCHEDULE 4 CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE or maybe everyone but GoodRx is "incorrect". 103 ONE STAR reviews are absolutely "correct" and I have serious doubts about the validity of most of the 5 star reviews.

"The pharmacy is wrong, our prices are correct, we'll make this right, we'll correct this, we'll resolve this" and so on in response to EVERY negative review.

Translation: They will send you a $10 Amazon gift card or something along those lines. That isn't going help my mothers blood pressure or am I "incorrect"?

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for a very lengthy review. Sadly, everything reported here is incorrect. GoodRx works very closely with Walmart and our coupons are used there thousands of times a day. It is true that Walmart has changed their policies for ALL controlled substance prescriptions; not just GoodRx. We’d be happy to help and come up with a way to make this right if you’d email help@goodrx.com.
johnb1923
8/29/18

This happened in two states now. In my prior state, it was cheaper to pay cash with the pharmacy's regular discount. I didn't use the card.

I got a couple of prices and called the pharmacy w/the lowest price here. The said they're having problems with the company's quoted price and invariably had to call and call them again. The costs quoted were bogus. Consumers were screwed - nothing new and this confirms what I saw but didn't understand. In this new state, I only called one pharmacy that's local for two quotes and I'll pay about $3 more for one and $7 more for the other. I'll stop enriching the pharmaceutical companies for one script and will just not bother filling it anymore.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Well hello John! We aren't having issues - our prices are right. Sounds like a misunderstanding - can you email help@goodrx.com and we'll make this right for you?
elizabethp256
8/28/18

Received my 30 day free trial card. The web site quoted the discount price. Went to my participating Pharmacy and GoodRx would not approve the price quoted on line. Spoke to 2 different GoodRX customer service representatives. First one young inexperienced, told me what she was probably reading off a sheet. Asked for a supervisor (Isaiah) Extremely rude, cut me off during asking questions, and when I would cut in to ask ask a question l was told I was being difficult.?It appears they are programmed, and if you ask simply questions they don't know the answer too you all the sudden become difficult and they want to end the conversation. I rarely send reviews but this one is truly price false advertising and horrible customer service.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - GoodRx Gold prices are right, and if there's an issue, we're happy to take care of it and make things right. Our contracted rates are clearly published and if we're wrong (which rarely happens, if ever) , we'll be sure to make you happy somehow. Will you please email help@goodrx.com so we can resolve this?
jimf218
8/22/18

Good RX is total crap, buy yourself toilet paper instead, you can put it to good use. Went to four different pharmacies with Gold Good RX Card (Sams, CVS, walgreen's and Walmart) and ALL of they gave me a hard time AND refused to take the card. I immediately called Good RX and canceled the card!!! Total waste of time and money!!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Jim - We'd be happy to help. GoodRx Gold is accepted at every pharmacy in our network, and we can fix problems. What are the odds you'll reach out again so we can make this right?
tammyb213
8/18/18

I checked two pharmacy's for my medication with the Good RX Cupon. Rite Aid would not honor the Cupon, and Fred's did not have the medication. Wal-Mart would not honor their Cupon.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - we work closely with all of the pharmacies you mention. It sounds like you may have been trying to fill a controlled substance, which pharmacists have the option to deny (and we say so on the site). Still, we'd like to help - please email help@goodrx.com.
crystalt53
8/17/18

Walmart is listed on the good rx site. Went there they said no. Called the good rx. # and was informed that eventhough they partner with Walmart that can choose to accept it or not. Gee thanks I think maybe they didn't want to honor it because the script was actually for a canine but a human med obviously. Whatever not gonna embarrass myself with this crap again

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - sounds like the pharmacist was not aware how to process GoodRx; we can help with this. Please email help@goodrx.com? We'll make this right.
lorac15
8/5/18

One of the actors says that he has insurance,but goods saves him more. On the bottom of the screen,it CLEARLY says "not to be combined with other insurance ". Sounds misleading to me....

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
It's not misleading - you simply can't combine the two discounts. Not sure why that would merit a 1-star review.
donnal273
8/5/18

Coupon states that "your estimated price at pharmacy will be $84.16", I called and my price with the coupon is $389!!!!! What a waste of time for someone who doesn't have the income for their meds.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - pharmacies sometimes do not like to run coupons over the phone, but you will get that price at the pharmacy. We work closely with every major US pharmacy and we'd love to help make this right - and we almost always can. Will you contact us at help@goodrx.com?
aymar
7/31/18

I thought I could save a little money using Good RX over Blink Health. Nope! My coupons were less than 2 hours old when I presented them to pay for my meds. Kroger wanted nearly 26$ more than the price on the coupons. Declined to be ripped off and went home. Checked the Good RX price for Kroger and it still showed the value on my coupons, not the $24 more that Kroger demanded. Tore up the coupons and paid for my meds with Blink instead. Price was higher but closer to what Kroger was demanding. I'm sticking with Blink.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hmm. One wonders if a competitive company is spamming review boards...
williamc593
6/13/18

No one accepts their coupons... Walmart regular price with no discount card or insurance is $10.00 Cheaper then the GoodRx coupon

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello William. You know that we list all those Walmart $4 and $10 prices, right? We always want to make it right, and we'd be happy to talk to you and make sure you're all good. Every major US pharmacy happily accepts GoodRx. Please email help@goodrx.com.
cjd14
6/8/18
• Updated review

I have my receipt. Walmart's "regular" price is lower than your reported "regular price for Walmart" and even lower than your "discount price for walmart" and I didn't have to do anything to get that cash price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We list Walmart's "regular prices" and we talk to them regularly. Yes, you're right - you don't have to do anything. We'd love to look into this if you'll give us a chance - please email help@goodrx.com?
“Not a lower price.”
6/6/18
• Previous review

Walmart cash price as well as several local pharmacies cash prices were less than GOODRX coupon "discount" price shown for that store. Actually, the "discount" price shown at GOODRX is the full name brand price quoted by the manufacturer and the "normal" price shown on GOODRX is far more than that quoted by the manufacturer for name brand. Not sure what all the hype is about. .

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - I think you're confused. We list Walmart cash prices for prescriptions. I think you've got your facts wrong. We'd love to help - help@goodrx.com
nancyc382
6/3/18

tried to get my dog's calcitriol filled at walmart and the pharmacist said they couldn't honor the coupon because they don't have an NPI number. i need to get this med for my dog before he has another seizure.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - the pharmacist is incorrect - Walmart changed their policies on this a few months back and it should work now. We can help - help@goodrx.com and we'll get this sorted out correctly ASAP.
richardc171
6/2/18

I am not sure what this site or company is all about. I have checked their pricing and it is all wrong. When I contact them they indicate that they have not updated their pricing. I have attempted to utilize their coupons three times and each time it has been declined by the pharmacy with the comment that the coupon price is lower than their cost so obviously they cannot honor that price.
I honestly think this is a scam, not something when it comes to life saving medications.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi. More than 8 million people use us to save each month, and we'd like to help you too. Our prices are accurate. Would you mind emailing help@goodrx.com so we can assist you? Sounds like there's some confusion here, and we're quite good at sorting it out.
richm90
5/4/18

i checked out the pricing of several meds I use daily. For example the metformin was 10.00 at good rx, its free at Publix (grocery store) pharmacy and 2.00 at the local pharmacy. The other meds I checked were similarly priced higher. Another example was Victoria, goodrx was over 800.00, I pay 80.00 through mail order.
So I wont be using goodrx ever!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
HI Rich - We list the Publix price you mentioned above; not sure how you missed it as it's clearly indicated. We don't show local pharmacies, that's true, because we adhere to specific safety and licensing standards. So...appreciate your review, but we actually have most of the information you discovered...next time, reach out to us before you say negative things?
alm616
4/28/18

Got coupons for Rx at my pharmacy: they don't take them. Got coupons at several other pharmacies: none would take them. Most were polite enough not to laugh in my face. Don't know how they get good reviews unless they write them themselves.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We work closely with all our pharmacies and we can resolve any issue you’ve had. Please email help@goodrx.com
ce2918
4/23/18

Received a goodrx discount card from my doctor for a medication - checked the price on line and then went to the pharmacy - the cost was $60 more than the goodrx website listed it. went back home, submitted my info on their website, they quoted me the same price and then sent the pharmacy the coupon. Called the pharmacy today and was told it is incorrect and they will not fill it for that price. Called GoodRX and was told that CVS is "contractually obligated" to fill the rx at the listed website price. waited on hold for 30 minutes while the goodrx rep called CVS directly only to be told by the rep when she cam back on the line that goodrx has the prices listed incorrectly and they will have to "open a ticket" such bull$#*!. the rep was very nice and tried to be helpful but it's clear this is a scam. I wasted over 2 hours with the calls, and the visit to CVS etc. another company trying to get your info to use it for marketing etc. STAY AWAY

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi CE - Sorry to hear about your issues. GoodRx prices are accurate - it sounds like there may have been some confusion between a GoodRx card and the coupons we offer at the pharmacy. We'd love to help and want to make this right - can you send us a message either here or at help@goodrx.com?
jessicam369
4/5/18

I spent a lot of time researching where I could get my prescription cheapest, and decided to have the script written for a Walgreen's Pharmacy solely because GoodRX 's app stated that the medication would be $66. I checked on the price regularly for a few weeks before my doctor sent the script over, and when I went to pick it up I was told it would be $167 (which is the cash price of the drug). I called multiple pharmacies and ended up calling GoodRX; the representative was very polite and helpful, but basically said "the prices listed are estimates and are infrequently updated, so it's definitely possible that your medication is actually $167 even though I can see that our app currently lists it as $66."

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
If someone told you that, they are incorrect and we'd like to make it right. Our prices are accurate and are updated daily. Please email help@goodrx.com?
kermitg2
3/12/18

Searched pharmacies found that Publix excepted Goodrx . Went to store and was told no way would they honor goodrx card. I told them that they were listed as excepting goodrx. They told me that what goodrx says and what th pharmacies except are two different things.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We don't show coupons at Publix and we do not work with them. It says so all over the site. Not sure how you missed that?
mikej245
3/7/18

GoodRX coupon said $36.33 at CVS for 360 capsules of 300mg of Gabapentin
when I get to CVS they say oh no we cant sell it for that, but we can sell it to you for $178.00. Coupon states price is an estimate, sounds more like a guesstimate

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - our prices are accurate. Sounds like the pharmacist made a mistake. Please contact help@goodrx.com so we can make this right?

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

6 Photos for GoodRx