Review of Goldbely

Tel: 888-675-6892
support@goldbely.com

lorrainel59
3/13/19

Not only did I not receive my $15 off my first order (sent into help desk the day of the order - no response), but my order came in un-frozen, ice packs were water! When I baked them according to Callie's directions they didn't rise, they are roughly 1-1/4 inch square...really?! No surprise that they are doughy and uneatable (we tried, had to throw them out)!!!
I found out that Callie's has their own website for ordering, shame on me for not checking first... :(

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Lorraine- I'm sorry you didn't have a better first time experience with Goldbelly- certainly not anything we'd ever want one of our customers to go through. With that said, the pricing on Callie's site is the same as on Goldbelly and since we don't hold any inventory, the products you received shipped directly from Callie's Biscuits. I do hope you'll give us another chance in the future!
luckya9
3/6/19

28feb, ordered 100pcs of oysters for a party on 01mar, worth $149. Goldbelly promised to deliver items overnight. Items ordered were never processed. They just took my money. I had to wait a couple days to get my refund. On top of that, plans were ruined because of the center piece never showed up. Never do business with merchants who cannot deliver or fulfill what they advertise.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi there- I'm sorry to hear about this issue with your order. While we do everything in our power to ensure these orders go out, the unique part of Goldbelly is that we're a marketplace where everything ships direct from the people behind the food to your door. In this instance it appears our merchant partner didn't get the order out as requested, so I do sincerely apologize for that. While we issued the refund immediately upon receiving your email, your bank doesn't return that money directly into your account for a couple of days which accounts for the delay. I hope you'll give us another chance to show you this is far from the norm. Thanks
susanm929
2/27/19

Worst ever! I bought 5 pounds of crawfish for my son who lives in Wisconsin. The stuff was brown and rancid. When I contacted the company, they offered me $15 toward my next purchase. Why would I buy from them again? I told them no thanks and asked for a refund for the crawfish. They then requested PICTURES of the food. I was not about to ask my son to take pictures of the rancid birthday surprise. Besides, he'd thrown everything out. Who would keep it? I asked them to leave me alone and they still wrote to me asking if he left the package out in the weather. He lives in friggin WISCONSIN and it has been below freezing for months. Horrible product! Horrible service!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Susan- I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you went through with your Goldbelly order. I can assure you we do everything we can to make situations like this right with our customers, but we do hope you understand why we ask for a photo as well. It's tough for us to make a claim with the carrier or the shipper without any evidence that there was an issue with the delivery. It also goes a long way in figuring out what exactly may have gone wrong so we can prevent this going forward. I know we provided you with account credits for the issue you faced, so I do hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
lizs153
2/21/19

Item was not shipped on correct due to "Operational issue" on behalf of the bakery, should've arrived next day one Tuesday. I contacted Goldbely and they didn't care whatsoever. It almost seemed like this was common practice and they didn't have a single ounce of remorse for what happened. I said item could still be shipped and they said it would arrive on Wednesday. Okay fine. I watched all day as fedex said it was on their truck and out for delivery. Come 8ish at night and no delivery and update on fedex says, pending update. Turns out now my item was going to be delivered on Thursday, 4 days after it was made. I contacted Goldbely immediately and told them I wanted my money back and I no longer wanted them to send my item. They told me they could give me a credit or send me a new one. NO, I want my money back and I want nothing to do with you. They then ghosted me. I am currently disputing the charge.

Horrible company. No integrity. Only there for the money. DO NOT USE THEM!!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Liz- I'm so sorry for the issues you faced with your order. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so I can assure you we deeply regret anything like this occurring with an order. We work with hundreds of small and medium sized food makers from around the country and always do everything in our power to have these deliveries arrive as requested. I'm sorry this was an instance when this didn't occur, but in these situations we will always make it right. I believe we've resolved this at this point, but if not please do reach out to our support team to help resolve support@goldbelly.com Thanks
spencerv14
2/16/19

Ordered 3 boxes of crab cakes for insane price for wife's birthday and only received one box. Will never use this again

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Spencer- I'm sorry you didn't receive what you ordered and were expecting. While we do everything we can to ensure proper delivery, occasionally mistakes will happen, but we will always do everything we can to make them right. In this instance you received the option for a refund or a reshipment of the missing items, as well as a credit, so we will always go above and beyond to make these unfortunate situations as right as we can. I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
jamesa619
2/16/19

My girlfriend made the mistake of buying a pizza 3 pack from Tony's Pizza in San Francisco through Goldbelly ($126.00) on 2/6/19. She scheduled them to deliver the shipment on 2/12/19. The pizzas were supposedly made and shipped via UPS on 2/11/19 from San Francisco, arrived 2/12/19 in Portland, OR, and supposedly were "in transit" on 2/13/19 (*the last piece of info. from UPS). Here on 2/16/19 the shipment has never arrived and Goldbelly isn't the least bit interested in making anything right through their "customer service." Not their fault - but hey thanks for the money for nothing.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi James- I'm very sorry to hear about these delays with your order. As you mentioned, the delay was outside of our control, but we will always go above and beyond to make a situation like this right. As our customer service rep has already discussed with your girlfriend, we're going to have these reshipped free of charge to you on the date of your choosing. I do hope you'll continue to explore the food universe with us!
mm563
2/15/19

I purchased dozen of doughnuts for Vday for my husband. The order was timely delivered. However, it was not anything close to what I ordered (based on the product image on the site) it was poorly executed. Icing/Glaze around each doughnut was chipped. Icing colors were not in Vday (pinks colors as on the site) but blue/green/pink. Some doughnuts (chocolate) did not have sprinkles on top they were just plain. In addition, the order was stale not fresh.

There was a delay (no response) to my email to customer service. I was able to call and speak to the customer service, but no solution (customer service) was offered. I was told that, based on the pictures they do no see anything wrong with my order, every order is shipped fresh and they can't do/ help anything (no refund $79).

Highly disappointed not only in the product but also customer service received. I was embarrassed of my Valentines Surprise that my husband received... it went straight to the garbage.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi there- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your order. I'm not sure who the rep was that you spoke with, but you definitely should have received a credit based on the condition of these doughnuts. Please reach out to our support team and let them know you contacted us through Site Jabber and we'll make sure this is handled properly- support@goldbelly.com - Thanks
alans335
2/15/19

If I could give zero stars I would. I have used Foody Direct for years with no complaints.
I ordered on January 30th-food to be delivered to my son in Columbus, Ohio and another package for my daughter in Los Angeles. This was to be delivered on Valentines Day.
At 5:57 pm on Valentine's Day I received an email letting me know that BOTH packages would not be delivered on Valentine's Day. I attempted to contact customer service and it was closed as of 6 pm. The next morning I finally got through to company which gave a list of excuses for delivery not being made including weather, Fedex's fault, bakery was overwhelmed with Valentines Day orders.

The end result is that my Valentines Day gifts which I ordered 2 weeks prior did not arrive on time.
The best Goldbelly could do was give me a credit to a next order.
I explained that anything other than a total refund is unacceptable.

I will not be using them again and would recommend that you don't either

danaceo
2/14/19

I purchased a dozen macrons from the site and come to find out that it totaled $81. The macrons was already $42 and didn't realize that the other $40 was actually for shipping and not for the order. I would never order from it again. There's better and cheaper option.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Danace- I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the pricing of the macarons, however the pricing is shown entirely upfront, so it's always up to you whether you want to pay for the product or not. Unfortunately shipping perishable food around the country can be costly even when we do everything we can to lower the prices. I do hope you'll give us a chance to show that the food and experience are worth it!
jacquec6
2/14/19

I ordered a cake for $69. I figured it was baked a day or two before freezing to ship, well I was wrong. It was dry and not that great. The cake wrapping had a date stamp for over a month prior. So not worth the price!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Jacque- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your order- certainly not what we want any of our customers to experience. Almost all of our products are made to order, so it's rare that you'll receive any item that has been stored for an extended period of time. I do hope you'll give us another chance to show you this isn't the normal Goldbelly experience. Thanks!
debz11
2/14/19

Goldbely shipped to the wrong address and took no responsibility, actually blaming me ( the purchaser) for putting the incorrect information. I will never order from a retailer who requires you to use Goldbely.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Deb- as I believe our customer service team mentioned, there's no way for Goldbelly to input or alter any shipping information other than what is provided to us at checkout. Per the order confirmation email you received, the address we shipped to was the address provided to us. By the time you emailed us asking to change the shipping address, the order had already been shipped out and was in transit. Had it been noticed earlier we could have altered, but at that point it was already in the hands of FedEx. I do hope a future Goldbelly experience is better!
sandrah424
2/9/19

When I visited Paris I fell in love with the Laduree macarons (& everything else they sold).
I dreamed about them longingly,
so I was beyond thrilled when I found out I could order them from Goldbelly.
Imagine my dismay when they arrived & tasted awful. Nothing like the fresh ones I'd had before.
I threw them in the garbage & wrote to Goldbelly to tell them about how awful they were.
They responded by asking for photos (they'd looked normal or I wouldn't have tasted them). I was not going to paw through the garbage in freezing temperatures to photograph them.
They also offered me $15 off my next order.
Why in the world would I order anything from them again ?

kathleenp144
2/6/19

Ordered Cadillac Mountain Casserole through Hancock Gourmet Lobster as an $$ treat for my mother. Product arrived with dry ice gone and the amount of seafood, especially lobster, was much less than the photos and description suggest. Poorly labeled little plastic tubs filled mostly with macaroni type stuff and covered with what looked like saran wrap, very disappointing for $139. Goldbelly offered a $20 coupon on a future purchase. Hancock said I needed to work through Goldbelly. Use Goldbelly as a resource to select your product, then go direct. or buy mac and cheese and add your own lobster, it will be better than what my mother got, and much less $$$. SHAMEFUL

annieh78
2/5/19

The photos show cannolis that look bigger than they are, and show two packages of filling. But if you read carefully (I did not), they only come with one package. And trust the word mini. These are MINI MINI cannolis. They taste fine enough, but can't stress how disappointed I was when I unpacked them.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Annie- I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed by the size of the cannolis. We do our best to accurately describe each product, so it sounds like we could have done a better job in this situation. I hope you'll give us another chance in the future to show how this isn't a normal experience. Thanks for exploring with us.
julietap2
1/22/19

I placed my order over the phone with customer services , and when my order was delivered I realised that they charged me twice . I wrote an email to customer services to see if I could get a refund since I only ordered one item and was charged twice and they told me that unfortunately they could not help me because the item was already shipped and to contact my bank for that type of issue . BE CAREFUL !!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Julieta- I'm sorry to hear about the issues you faced with your Goldbelly order. In looking at your order, I do only see that you were charged once, as only one shipment went out. If you're still having an issue with this situation, please send a screenshot of your bank statement showing the two order charges to support@goldbelly.com and we'll get it resolved for you. Thanks!
gillianc24
1/22/19

Ordering from Goldbely was actually less expensive from Centerville Pie Co. than when we ordered a few years ago directly from the company. My Turkey Pot pie and my Shepherd'd pie were delicious, and fairly large. Two for $100 including shipping was worth it in this case, though I cannot answer for ordering from anywhere else. I often wondered about the pizzas, but I'll hold off after reviews. Still, if you want a killer pie, Centerville pies via Goldbely have my recommendation.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Gillian! Thanks so much for exploring with us! I do hope you try the pizzas - Prince Street from New York is my personal favorite and arrives in excellent condition. Please let us know if there's anything we can help with in the future. Eat Well & Prosper!
stayf
1/11/19

Gino's pizza should be embarrassed to have their name tied to this. I would even feed this to my dog. Stay away from these liars. Gross!!!

marissas47
1/9/19

Order came late and missed my friend's 94th birthday. All she wanted was this cheesecake. I paid $25 for shipping and her cheesecake sat in a fed ex office overnight instead. Customer service said sorry not sorry. Can't guarantee delivery. Really?! Everyone else does

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Marissa- I'm very sorry about your Goldbelly experience. While we do everything we can to ensure that a package is delivered exactly as requested, we are at the mercy of FedEx/UPS to make the delivery which they do properly almost all of the time. Unfortunately this appears to be a situation when they missed the mark and I truly am sorry for that. I do hope you'll give us another try in the future to show you this is far from the normal Goldbelly experience.
leea176
1/9/19

Ordered a deep dish Gino's pizza from this company. It was the worst tasting pizza I have ever had! The crust tasted like shredded cardboard and the filling had a foul after taste. I swear it had been sitting in frozen storage for years! Worse yet, they refused a refund! I will never order from these people again!

carolynh185
1/9/19

Placed my 3rd order with them for Gino's pizza. Took 2 weeks, arrived STALE tasting. Asked for my money back, they said no refunds. What a joke!!! Frozen food loses its flavor -- these people should be out of business for SCAMMING PEOPLE!!! NEVER AGAIN.

Tell EVERYONE you know never to order from Goldbelly. Its CRAP!!

daveg200
1/7/19

Purchased 2 Gino's East Pizzas on December 16 for $60+ dollars....last year, I was able to purchaser directly from Gino's, get 3 pizzas for the same price in a fraction of the time.. Anyway, after ordering and paying $20+ for shipping, was notified that pizzas would not stop until January 7th.. It's January 7th and I had not received notice of order shipping. I checked order status and it hasn't shipped. Not worth it. Won't order from this company ever again. Will not recommend them to anyone. I'll learn to make the stuff myself before ordering again!!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Dave- I'm very sorry about the issues with your order. Gino's was extremely popular over the holiday season and it took them some time to get back to their normal production levels- unfortunately your order appears to have been caught in that downtime. I do hope you'll give them and us another chance in the future to show you this isn't the norm. Thanks
johnn464
1/6/19

I ordered a bunch of buona beef for Christmas party, for a delivery for Thursday. When I got notified that it was deliverying Monday, I advised them I would not be there and they should stop the order or go pick it up. They told me they can't pick perishible food back up and to throw it out. The second part of the shipment came later on Wednesday with all the containers inside the box broken open. Again, they told me to throw out the food. I tried to get a reship but they went radio silence until after New Years, then explained they get busy sometimes. I would stay well clear of these folks

hannahg69
1/5/19

Goldbely delivered a box of goo to me that was supposed to be $100 worth of ice cream. When I reported it to them they said they would not issue a credit to my original form of payment but would apply a credit to my Goldbely account that would automatically be applied to my next order. But the next time I went to order the credit had evaporated. When I followed up with their customer service again they told me that the credit was only good for 90 days, something that they failed to disclose previously and that is against the laws of my state. Since we were beyond the point of a chargeback their ruse had deprived me of the ability to get my money back for the service they failed to deliver. They were arrogant in their unwillingness to do anything about it and seemed completely fine with the idea of taking my money and leaving me empty handed. I regret giving these people my business as they clearly don't value me as a customer. In addition to a complaint letter to my state's Attorney General I'm going to write directly to all of the food companies that I've patronized via Goldbelly to tell them that they are tarnishing their own brands by being associated with Goldbelly.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Hannah- at this time your order has been fully refunded and credited in full beyond that, so I believe this matter has been fully resolved to your satisfaction. If that's not the case you can certainly email us at support@goldbelly.com to help. Thanks
donnar312
1/5/19

Ordered bagels and loxs to be delivered for Christmas,at a cost of $200.00. I specifically requested a delivery on the Friday before Christmas, knowing that Christmas Eve would not be an option. Have been sending these to my nephew for years to be enjoyed by his family on Christmas, and always have to be conscious of the timing of the order, so they will be fresh for Christmas Morning. I went with Goldbely with year, since they gave me the option to choose a delivery date. The package arrived 6 days early, so much for hoping for freshness on Christmas Day, Have sent three emails and receive only an automated response.

veronicam145
1/5/19

Ordered a Juniors cheesecake for family as a gift which was to be delivered on 12/28/18 it arrived 12/29/18. It was inedible. A lost of 74.00 dollars. Will never order from them again and will advise others not to do so either. If i coud give a - 0 rating i would.

Tip for consumers: Do not use them! Tried to upload a pic unable to.

Hi Heather- thanks for reaching out. Please keep in mind that Goldbelly has been around for over 7 years at this point and has shipped millions of packages to millions of customers over that time frame. So the negative feedback you're referring to is a minuscule amount compared to the many, many happy customers we have each and every day. While we take each and every negative review very seriously (one negative experience is too many) we're unfortunately not always going to be able to make everything perfect every time, but we will always do our best to make it right if something does go wrong. I hope you'll give us a chance to see how far from normal these experiences are!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Lisa! all of our products are prepared fresh and sent directly from the restaurant/food shop you ordered from. All of the quality control or any other issues are covered by Goldbely, so if there are any issues you should just reach out to us directly at support@goldbely.com. Thanks for exploring with us!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Automated response. Also, i don't like how i have to write 50 characters for a response. Whatever my response isis what my response is.

By Lucky a.

They provide overnight deliveries to any location.

By Lucky a.

Hi Raymond- thanks for reaching out. We had a pricing issue with Junior's this week that caused this gap- in almost all cases we're the same price or lower on all products on our site. Please reach out to support@goldbelly.com and explain that you reached out to us on Site Jabber- we'll make it right for you. Thanks

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Have to recommend against it. Not worth the price for what you get (2 small frozen pies). Not worth the packaging materials that have to get thrown away (big styrofoam). Joes in NYC rocks, but this doesn't taste like the real thing. Maybe it's the freezing / reheating process - don't know, but it's not worthy.

By Gil S.

I am skeptic now about the company. It may not be a scam, but i would never business with goldbelly again.

By Lucky a.

Hi Julie! Thanks for reaching out. We proactively monitor all packages and will communicate any possible or actual delays via email directly to you. Please feel free to reach out to us via support@goldbelly.com if you have any questions. Thanks!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Barbara! Yes, it is the same business- we added the extra L this year. Thanks!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Jesse- I'm not sure what went wrong with your order, but you should always receive a confirmation email immediately after placing an order with us. Please reach out to support@goldbely.com with your info and we'll be able to get it taken care of for you. Thanks!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Goldbely staff and other customers.

24 Photos for Goldbely