Review of Goldbely Inc.

Tel: 888-675-6892
support@goldbely.com

hughm49
5/10/18

All the negative reviews almost kept me from ordering. Process was seamless and everything showed up on time. Had a question for customer service and it was responded to in less than 24 hrs. Can not wait to try the Milk Bar Crack Pie. Great Service

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Hugh! Thanks so much for exploring with us. We're so glad to hear about your great experience and look forward to many more food explorations to come in the future. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to help in the mean time. Eat Well & Prosper!
kristinr29
4/26/18

We ordered from White House Subs in Atlantic City through Goldbely.com. $149 for 4 sandwiches, each 18-20" long, according to the description on the Goldbely website. When our order came, we were appalled to see 4 sandwiches, each being 10 inches long. What happened to the other 36-40 inches of sandwich...well we may never know since my husband has been hung up in twice trying to reach a manager we were assured would call us back. Non-management help only offered a $70 credit toward our next order (when pigs friggin fly). Please take your business elsewhere or you may pay $75 for one sandwich like we did.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Kristin- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you faced with your order. We strive to offer the absolute best in customer service, so while I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the support you would have liked, I can assure you that our in house team would never purposefully hang up on anyone. It sounds like you're still unhappy with the situation, so we'd love to help take care of this more to your satisfaction. Please feel free to send us an email at support@goldbely.com and mention that we asked you to reach out and we'll try to make this right for you. Thanks
carollynnet
4/26/18
• Updated review

Goldbely did contact me and offered a $30 credit (which is basically the difference in cost between the regular kit and the deluxe kit) so they are basically letting me use my own money. I did have a good experience with 2 other orders so I decided to take it rather than go through my credit card company. I will however no longer recommend Goldbely to friends anymore. Too bad, there are a lot of retirees and snowbirds here on the Gulf Coast.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Carollynne! I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you faced with your order- certainly never something we want anyone to experience. I do hope you're give us another try in the future however and in the mean time, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Eat Well & Prosper!
“Good company but bad customer service”
4/24/18
• Previous review

I have ordered from Goldbely several times and have been very satisfied. Customer service on one order has poor. My order arrived on time, in good condition but incomplete. Missing items were shipped out the next day but didn't arrive until 4 days after the scheduled delivery date (Fedex's fault). However items that are clearly marked "keep refrigerated" were not shipped in a cold pack and therefore inedible. Calls to them even during their posted east coast open times go to voicemail. My email has gone unanswered. I guess my only resort is dispute the charge to Goldbely with my credit card company

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Carollynne- I'm sorry to hear you faced an issue with your order. I did look into your exchange with our team and it looks like we've responded to all of your emails- including the one from yesterday where we responded shortly after you sent it and offered a full credit for the missing items we already shipped back out. It doesn't look like you've responded yet so please feel free to reach back out to our team if you still don't see it at support@goldbely.com Thanks
kateg66
4/19/18

We ordered Tony Luke cheesesteaks for a celebration ($100 for four 9 sandwiches) and they showed up missing the ingredients they are pictured with and what was there was terrible quality. After we photographed the anemic offerings, we threw all four away. We contacted customer service and were told the correct ingredients were on the sandwiches we got, not matter how theyre marketed looking. No further communication even after I filled out the survey they emailed me. This is a terrible and unsupportable business; Id take yours elsewhere, folks.

Update: we contacted customer service and were told Tony Lukes refuses to issue a refund.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Kate- I'm very sorry to hear your experience was less than you expected- certainly not how we want any food explorer's mission to go. Feel free to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com and we'll make this right for you. Thanks!
gloriaa57
4/18/18

I read all the bad reviews; however, I have had nothing but great service, and products. I have ordered several times and they were all spot on. The only problem I had was not their fault it was mine. I had the item shipped to my office which is closed on weekends. However, with the items packed in dry ice, I was still able to receive it in good condition.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Gloria! Thanks for exploring with us and glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience so far! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help with any suggestions or future orders. Eat Well & Prosper!
tm159
4/15/18

I ordered a brownie from a company in SD and it said it was shipped but nothing ever came, there was no tracking and I couldn't get a hold of anyone. For three weeks I hounded the bakery as well and finally got a refund. What an incredible waste of time and energy!

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi there- we provide tracking automatically via email as well as through your account. Additionally, our response time via email is under 15 minutes and we offer both phone and live chat support during the day. We also proactively monitor packages en route so if there was an item that wasn't delivered, we'd be proactively on it. I'm unable to look up your order just via your initials T M. but if you require assistance please email our team at support@goldbely.com and we'll help get it resolved. Thanks
allyp6
3/6/18

A package was supposed to arrive today and was a gift. It did not arrive and I see now that it hasn't even shipped out yet.

Their customer service rep Alexandra Sullivan is lacking any empathy which is 101 for CSR. She ignored my questions and just sent me a tracking attachment that shows it being delivered late tomorrow and now needing a signature. When I explained I will not be home tomorrow to sign, she again ignored that and just said she was calling the vendor to confirm it's arriving tomorrow (which is late).

No apology and no direct answer to my questions. When I wrote back to say that she wasn't addressing my concerns. I received an I'm sorry YOU FEEL that way. Talk about passive aggressive, what terrible customer service!

They do not care about the delivery dates that you paid for or that were stated on their website. They take no accountability, show no empathy, and aside from "gathering information" (which is unnecessary since the tracking info shows it still hasn't shipped out), they make no effort or concessions to help customers.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Ally- I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our team. We work tirelessly to provide the best customer support possible, so it's disappointing to hear we missed the mark. We also know how important it is to deliver on the date requested and do everything we can to ensure this occurs- including monitoring every package en route to make sure it's delivered when it is supposed to.

I do hope you'll give us another chance to show you how much we focus on both customer support and deliver dates. Thanks
raf1006
3/5/18

Same order number. Three small parcels. Only one had ice pack. Charged for three deliveries. Biggest scam. All three perishable food items (including chocolate) should have been shipped in one box with ice pack. Left on porch during warm day.
We should all be contacting NY State
Consumer Assistance Hotline:
(518) 474-8583
(800) 697-1220
Contacting Resturant is best option when ordering food. Your food will get respect it deserves.
Avoiding using Goldbely.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Ra- whenever possible our partners always combine products into a single box- there are some instances where specific products need to ship separate due to the packaging, but anything requiring ice packs and insulation will always receive them. We don't inventory or ship any products ourselves, so any order you receive is packed and shipped directly from the restaurants themselves- I can assure you nothing is more important to us than the food you order arriving in perfect condition. If any shipment you received arrived in any other condition, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@goldbely.com and we'll immediately make it right for you.
annaq9
2/26/18

I was unaware of the policy surrounding refunds and/or exchanges and that Goldbely decides on a 'case by case basis' in the handling of orders that arrive damaged or not still cold. My most recent order arrived in poor shape due to the dry ice escaping from the unsealed plastic bags. I ordered seafood and dairy so I was not going to take a chance and serve the items delivered. I contacted Goldbely in short order and was surprised to find that even though orders are done on a 24/7 basis, their customer care department is only available Monday thru Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Once Goldbely reached out three days later, I was given a satisfactory resolution in that they would resend another order of the ruined products that I received. However, going forward I will be more cautious in what I order for fear that I may be stuck with spoiled products and not given a remedy.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Anna- I'm sorry to hear you had an issue with your delivery, but as you saw first hand, we always do everything we can to make it right. You are correct that our customer service phone number is only Monday - Friday, however we do offer online email support on Saturday as well. There are no refunds or exchanges as we only ship perishable food, however we always make sure our customers only have the best experience and will always reship or refund if an order doesn't arrive in perfect condition. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help in the mean time.
roseb117
2/15/18

I ordered a pie to be delivered on February 14th two weeks in advance on January 29th. Total no show.
Save your money, this place is a complete fail.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Rose- I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your order. As our customer support team mentioned, there was unfortunately a FedEx delay which resulted in your shipment being delayed beyond our control. I know how disappointed I would be if this happened to me, so I'm sincerely sorry this occurred. I believe you connected with our support team already and I believe they've already been in touch with you to rectify the situation, but please feel free to email us at support@goldbely.com if there's anything else we can do to help.
maryj489
2/11/18

Never received product, no one answers the phone, charges too much for products. Terrible company, do NOT order from them

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Mary- I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience, however we will always do everything we can to get you your order and will handle any issues with delivery accordingly. I'm more than happy to help you resolve this, but I can't find any record of your order. Are you perhaps able to message me your order number so I can help you better? Thanks!
kims309
1/2/18

So, these delicious looking cinnamon biscuits kept popping up on my Facebook feed....for months. I first went on to order them, and they were 39.00 for a dozen. Ridiculous price, but I thought I would go ahead anyway. Then, they add on 25.00 for delivery. Stupid ridiculous price now, so I decided not to (not to mention the 15% that I was supposed to receive off of my purchase for giving Godlbely my email address so they could mass harass me via email didn't even work). But every time the facebook feed popped up I felt like I had to try these biscuits. Finally, I ordered. They arrived! I couldn't wait to bake a few. Well, they were absolutely terrible. I was a little disappointed when I saw they were tiny (much smaller than the size of a ring box), but horribly disappointed that they were nothing more than a tiny, very dry stale tasting biscuit with a touch of cinnamon. I would never buy them again if they were 1.99 on the bakery section of a grocery store, let alone pay 70.00 to have them come to my house. Take my advice, NEVER succumb to this ad. The pictures look delicious. The product itself is awful. Total bummer.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Kim! I'm so sorry to hear about the issues with your order- certainly not what we'd ever want a customer to experience with us. Callie's Biscuits is one of our most popular partners so it is surprising to hear that they were so poorly received. We take each complaint very seriously however, so we'll be addressing this with Callie's directly. We are very strict with regards to the standards we require so we are constantly evaluating each and every partnership. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help in the mean time and I do hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
anthonyd124
1/1/18

I ordered a strawberry cake from sugaree bakery. I ended up getting a cake medley. As soon as I realized this I took a picture and sent it to goldbely support. I got an email the next day saying the usual line " gosh we're so sorry this happened. Unfortunately we cannot ship out a new item today so we can give you credit to your goldbely account. Credit? Yep. Its their company policy not to grant refunds. Keep that in mind!
So after playing email tag I said that this was unacceptable. I also mentioned that email tag is annoying instead of speaking to someone on the phone. I had left 2 voicemails with no reply and requested someone call me. That agent said " sure someone will call you tomorrow. (dec 22) That call never came. Throughout the holidays naturally i heard nothing. Fast forward to the 27th with my issue still unresolved. I went onto the website to speak on the chat feature. The woman I spoke to explained she couldn't do anything for me except notify my original agent to contact me?! I said WHAT'S THE POINT OF A CHAT FEATURE IF YOU CANT HELP ME. I still hold true to this opinion.
So original agent finally calls me. He says they can send a new cake or refund the price in goldbely credit. Well the event was already screwed up so i ended up getting credit for the fill price and shipping. They also screwed up a second order it showed up a day late. I got a 15 dollar credit for that one.

Bottomline: I had ordered before and all went well. Whatever food you get will be good and pricey! Their customer service is a horrible joke. They grew too fast to keep their customers happy, seems like there's literally 7 people in the department.. It's expensive and people order for events. Why wouldn't you be far more invested in customer service? Great vendors mean squat if it's a bad experience!! Be prepared is my warning.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Anthony- I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your recent Goldbely order. It is not company policy that we don't offer refunds, so I'm sorry you were misinformed on that account. The likely reason was that this all occurred over the busiest time of year and it was too late shipping schedule wise to get another cake out in time. Given a non-holiday ship schedule we would have been able to 100% resolve this at that time to your satisfaction and it's very disappointing to hear that we weren't able to do it at the time. We take our Customer Service very seriously, which is why we choose to keep it all in house rather than farm it out. We did hire additional CS team members in anticipation of the holidays however, as e-comm businesses of all shapes and sizes discover over the holidays, it's rarely ever enough to keep up with the volume. Everything we do is with the customer experience in mind, so we're always working to improve this and every one of our processes. We'll continue to add to the CS team and I believe you'll have a very different experience from the last time if you decide to give us another shot in the future. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do in the mean time.
anthonym257
12/30/17

My experience was just like the others. They did not ship with enough cooling to cover any delay, the package was delayed twice and the product spoiled. They offered to reship, never did and now ignore emails.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH GOLDBELY!!!!

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Anthony- I'm very sorry to hear about the experience you had. We work with every partner to ensure that they know exactly how to ship their products to arrive in perfect condition at your door. If anything other than what you anticipated arrives, we will always do all we can to make this right by you. If we did offer to reship and you accepted, I can assure you we would never purposefully not have it sent out and we would never just ignore your emails. If you're still waiting on a reshipment, please do contact our customer support team at support@goldbely.com and we'll get it handled for you.
lynnew34
12/23/17

I ordered 4 steaks and paid for expedited shipping. Only 2 steaks arrived and when I asked for a refund on my shipping charge, Angie replied that she could not refund the shipping charge since the order arrived on time. They ruined a family dinner and then had the gaul to say the order arrived on time. Will never use them again.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Lynne- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your order. I've sent you an email directly about this and we'll be refunding the shipping charge. We completely understand the disappointment and we should have done this from the start. Apologies again and will be in touch shortly.
karind5
12/23/17

Isn't it interesting that ALL the reviews on their website are all positive and you find negative ones elsewhere. hmmmm....They seem like a great company with so many wonderful options. They actually are very nice people and have a great customer service with so many kind comments - in fact, I'm sure this review will get a very nice response but that's where it ends. Nothing is ever done. So what happens if you are not happy with the product you purchased. You're stuck with it, that's what. There's absolutely NO WHERE to leave an honest review about a particular product to let other people know what your experience was. That for one, should tell you something. It's not the worst thing in the word to buy a product and you don't like it, it happens. But when you feel you spent so much $$$$ more than the product is worth and a product that's advertised is NOT what it is, then it makes you mad. I don't mind paying more for something that's worth is but not when it's not - you feel ripped off. Their response to me was sorry you didn't like it, people usually like the products from wondermade. ok, so since I'm not most people then nothing is done, is what it appears.

chrisc417
12/22/17

Paid $55.00 for delivery and its been two days since promised delivery date. Have emailed with zero response! If you call there is no one to hold for it makes you leave a voicemail.

Sketchy !

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Chris- Thanks for reaching out and I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulty reaching us. In order to provide the level of support we feel our customers deserve we refuse to outsource our support so everything is handled in house by our own team. The downside with this set up is that during extremely busy times- which this week most definitely is- it can mean slight delays to our normal response time. We are very vigilant with our email support- the average response time is 15 minutes- so you should receive a response to any inquiries in short order. Please email support@goldbely.com with your order number and I'll be sure to get you a status update immediately.
jaredg11
12/21/17

See my review on Facebook regarding their partner, lone mountain wagyu. Even after that whole ordeal, my voicemails to goldbely and my emails to them were ignored.

elir35
12/14/17

I ordered two weeks in advance a present knowing that I was going to be out of town through gold belt. It was an important gift that needed to be timely and so I checked on the gold belly website to see if it was delivered. When I contacted gold belly they lie to me and did nothing to rectify the situation I called the vendor directly and was able to get the present delivered expeditiously.
I will never use gold belly again I shouldve read the reviews.
I went to the site and felt as though I was paying a premium thinking that I was paying for quality service . It turns out that Im just paying a premium for bad dishonest service.

lindas490
12/11/17

How on earth do you get anybody from customer support to answer your call? No matter when you call, you get a recording saying to leave a message or send an email. Leaving a message gets no response. Email and nobody reaches out.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Linda- thanks for reaching out and I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulty reaching us. In order to provide the level of support we feel our customers deserve we refuse to outsource our support so everything is handled in house by our own team. The downside with this set up is that during extremely busy times- which this week most definitely is- it can mean slight delays to our normal response time. We are very vigilant with our email support- the average response time is 15 minutes- so you should receive a response to any inquiries in short order. If there is something you need help with at the moment, please do reach out to our support team support@goldbely.com and let them know you spoke with us on SiteJabber and I'll make sure you get heard from immediately. Thanks for your support.
michaelh446
12/10/17

With fond memories of Ebingers blackout cake, we ordered Brooklyn blackout cake on Goldbely. It arrived timely but stale. We threw it away. An expensive lesson. Ironically a week later, my 42 year old son mentioned he had just tried and had the same bad experience

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Michael- I'm very sorry to hear you weren't a fan of Ovenly's Blackout Cake. Your cake was baked fresh to order and shipped in a timely manner, so it's very unusual that it would have arrived stale. We do everything we can to ensure that every Goldbely experience is a positive one so if you ever do have issues, please reach out directly to our support team and we'll do our best to help resolve the situation. In the mean time, please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help. Thanks.
shannont35
12/9/17

I placed an order and instead of receiving an order confirmation email, this message popped up on my screen: "Looks like our servers are having digestion problems. We'll be back after our food coma passes. (Please excuse our gas) If you continue to see this page you can let us know at support@goldbely.com". I tried support@goldbely.com and it said the page could not be found. After reading the reviews I'm wondering if they are even a food delivery company or a credit card/identify theft scam.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Shannon- I'm very sorry to hear you had some difficulty with shopping on our site, but I can assure you, we're very real :) Our in house support team responds to every email and phone call within 15 minutes of it being sent (or a voicemail left if we're unable to answer the call due to volume). Please do keep in mind the currently 88 reviews on this site, many of which are positive 5 stars, are only an infinitesimally small number of the millions of orders and customers that use Goldbely on a regular basis. If you're still having issues, please do reach out to use again and I assure you'll hear back from a team member in very short order.
stephanieh157
12/8/17

I ordered Bellcampo soup. I had the correct address but the zip code with mistyped. They sent one email. No phone call. No second email. Food showed up 3 days later rotten. Hardly the level of customer service one would expect from a high-end food retailer. I get more calls about my Gap shipment then I did about the food.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Stephanie- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you faced with your delivery, however as you do recognize, we did email you to let you know there was an issue with your order. Unfortunately with address changes, FedEx requires 24 hours to correct and redeliver and with your delivery occurring on the day before Thanksgiving (and no deliveries on Thanksgiving itself) this meant the earliest it could be delivered was Friday. I do hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
davids905
12/8/17

I placed a order through Goldbely. For cookies and hit chocolate from Jocques Torres. The items were exceptional. I wanted to order more. I just checked out Mr Torres web site found he will ship the same items for half the price. His hot chocolate on his web site was 20.00. On Goldbely it was 40.00 same with the cookies Goldbely charged double his price. I guess its buyer be ware. Check out all companies you are going to use

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi David- It looks like you're not factoring shipping into your calculations, as Jacques' Site adds shipping in. So yes, it's $20 for just the hot Chocolate, but you also need to pay for shipping to get it to you. Our prices will always be in line or cheaper than what you see elsewhere. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance with an order.
bills267
12/7/17

What a horrible service. They stored my credit card info, and pre-populated an address from an older order. Well, now my ex-boss will get 2 pan pizzas from me after he fired me. THANKS GOLDBELY! I HATE YOU.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Hi Bill- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you faced, however we don't actually store any credit card info (it's all handled via a secure 3rd party) and while we used to pre-populate the address field using your last ship to address, that hasn't been the case for quite some time. We do provide numerous opportunities to double check your ship to address both on the checkout screen as well as in your confirmation email (as well as additionally when it ships out). We do hope you'll give us another chance in the future however.

Hi Lisa! all of our products are prepared fresh and sent directly from the restaurant/food shop you ordered from. All of the quality control or any other issues are covered by Goldbely, so if there are any issues you should just reach out to us directly at support@goldbely.com. Thanks for exploring with us!

By Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative

Have to recommend against it. Not worth the price for what you get (2 small frozen pies). Not worth the packaging materials that have to get thrown away (big styrofoam). Joes in NYC rocks, but this doesn't taste like the real thing. Maybe it's the freezing / reheating process - don't know, but it's not worthy.

By Gil S.

Hi Samantha- Goldbely ships the best, most iconic food in the US directly to your door from the very people who produce it. If you have any more questions or are looking for any suggestions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com Thanks!

By Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative

Hi Kenneth! All bagels are made fresh to order, so they would be baked on the 10th and shipped out via next day delivery so they arrive to you on the 11th less than 24 hours out of the oven. Hope that helps!

By Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative

Hi! It's only for mail order- please let us know if you have any other questions!

By Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative

Hi Deborah- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your order. We do everything we can to lower the costs as much as possible, but at the end of the day we're reliant on low price shipping from FedEx and UPS to deliver. We continually work to lower prices though, so please keep an eye out. As for your refund, please email support@goldbely.com and we'll be able to get you taken care of. Thanks

By Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative

Hi Rebecca! I'm not sure why you're having issues with reaching us, but please feel free to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com and I'll ensure that you get a response immediately. You can also feel free to respond to this with your order number and I'll get on it here as well. I don't know why FedEx would tell you an order was cancelled as they have no insight into a label after it's created- and they certainly can't see our order management system. Please let us know how we can help!

By Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for reaching out. We're working on reviews for the individual products, but in the mean time if you have questions on anything or would like any recommendations, please feel free to reach out to our team at support@goldbely.com and we'll help you! Eat Well & Prosper! Capt. Goldbely

By Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative

Hi Roy! Thanks for reaching out to us. Our team can be reached at the phone number in the top right of our website- but here it is so you don't have to check it :) 888-675-6892. You can also reach our team via live chat or email at support@goldbely.com Thanks for exploring with us!

By Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative

Hi Patricia! Sorry to hear you're having issues. I'm going to send you an email now to resolve. Thanks!

By Captain G., Goldbely Inc. Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Goldbely Inc. staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Goldbely Inc.

From the business