Review of Goldbely

Tel: 888-675-6892
support@goldbely.com

lindas490
12/11/17

How on earth do you get anybody from customer support to answer your call? No matter when you call, you get a recording saying to leave a message or send an email. Leaving a message gets no response. Email and nobody reaches out.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Linda- thanks for reaching out and I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulty reaching us. In order to provide the level of support we feel our customers deserve we refuse to outsource our support so everything is handled in house by our own team. The downside with this set up is that during extremely busy times- which this week most definitely is- it can mean slight delays to our normal response time. We are very vigilant with our email support- the average response time is 15 minutes- so you should receive a response to any inquiries in short order. If there is something you need help with at the moment, please do reach out to our support team support@goldbely.com and let them know you spoke with us on SiteJabber and I'll make sure you get heard from immediately. Thanks for your support.
michaelh446
12/10/17

With fond memories of Ebingers blackout cake, we ordered Brooklyn blackout cake on Goldbely. It arrived timely but stale. We threw it away. An expensive lesson. Ironically a week later, my 42 year old son mentioned he had just tried and had the same bad experience

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Michael- I'm very sorry to hear you weren't a fan of Ovenly's Blackout Cake. Your cake was baked fresh to order and shipped in a timely manner, so it's very unusual that it would have arrived stale. We do everything we can to ensure that every Goldbely experience is a positive one so if you ever do have issues, please reach out directly to our support team and we'll do our best to help resolve the situation. In the mean time, please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help. Thanks.
shannont35
12/9/17

I placed an order and instead of receiving an order confirmation email, this message popped up on my screen: "Looks like our servers are having digestion problems. We'll be back after our food coma passes. (Please excuse our gas) If you continue to see this page you can let us know at support@goldbely.com". I tried support@goldbely.com and it said the page could not be found. After reading the reviews I'm wondering if they are even a food delivery company or a credit card/identify theft scam.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Shannon- I'm very sorry to hear you had some difficulty with shopping on our site, but I can assure you, we're very real :) Our in house support team responds to every email and phone call within 15 minutes of it being sent (or a voicemail left if we're unable to answer the call due to volume). Please do keep in mind the currently 88 reviews on this site, many of which are positive 5 stars, are only an infinitesimally small number of the millions of orders and customers that use Goldbely on a regular basis. If you're still having issues, please do reach out to use again and I assure you'll hear back from a team member in very short order.
stephanieh157
12/8/17

I ordered Bellcampo soup. I had the correct address but the zip code with mistyped. They sent one email. No phone call. No second email. Food showed up 3 days later rotten. Hardly the level of customer service one would expect from a high-end food retailer. I get more calls about my Gap shipment then I did about the food.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Stephanie- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you faced with your delivery, however as you do recognize, we did email you to let you know there was an issue with your order. Unfortunately with address changes, FedEx requires 24 hours to correct and redeliver and with your delivery occurring on the day before Thanksgiving (and no deliveries on Thanksgiving itself) this meant the earliest it could be delivered was Friday. I do hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
davids905
12/8/17

I placed a order through Goldbely. For cookies and hit chocolate from Jocques Torres. The items were exceptional. I wanted to order more. I just checked out Mr Torres web site found he will ship the same items for half the price. His hot chocolate on his web site was 20.00. On Goldbely it was 40.00 same with the cookies Goldbely charged double his price. I guess its buyer be ware. Check out all companies you are going to use

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi David- It looks like you're not factoring shipping into your calculations, as Jacques' Site adds shipping in. So yes, it's $20 for just the hot Chocolate, but you also need to pay for shipping to get it to you. Our prices will always be in line or cheaper than what you see elsewhere. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance with an order.
bills267
12/7/17

What a horrible service. They stored my credit card info, and pre-populated an address from an older order. Well, now my ex-boss will get 2 pan pizzas from me after he fired me. THANKS GOLDBELY! I HATE YOU.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Bill- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you faced, however we don't actually store any credit card info (it's all handled via a secure 3rd party) and while we used to pre-populate the address field using your last ship to address, that hasn't been the case for quite some time. We do provide numerous opportunities to double check your ship to address both on the checkout screen as well as in your confirmation email (as well as additionally when it ships out). We do hope you'll give us another chance in the future however.
charliet25
11/30/17

I first ordered Essa bagels from NY. They were shipping free which was good I brought them to work and everyone enjoyed them. I then ordered pizza from Joes in NY. There were 2 cheese pizzas each in a vacuum packed plastic bag. The pizzas were in a box and then placed in a cooler with dry ice. It was 2 day delivery and the pizzas were frozen solid. Unfortunately the vacuum packing flattened out the crust. The pizza tasted good but I probably wouldn't order it again

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hey Charlie! Thanks for exploring with us and glad to hear you enjoyed your bagels! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help with any suggestions or future orders. Eat Well & Prosper!
debbieo12
11/25/17

I ordered from 5 vendors on Goldbelly. Only one of them was packed and delivered correctly...i.e. still cooled or frozen (winter).
In addition, some just in miserable shape (crust seperated from other ingredients ...chicken pie and pumpkin pie) None included instructions on how to warm or thaw (remaining). The ham, which Im pretty sure had been frozen and unfrozen several times was terrible!! Ive never had a terrible ham before.
Only one product was actually good.
$450..O0 waste.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Debbie! I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you faced with your order- certainly not something we'd ever expect from a Goldbely experience as we're very particular about who we work with and how the products arrive. Please reach out to our customer support team at support@goldbely.com and let them know you reached out to us via Site Jabber and we'll make sure you're taken care of. Thanks!
tawnih1
11/9/17

Goldbely has brought a new joy to my life! My current addiction is magnolia bakery's banana pudding and peanut butter banana pudding. The only problem is now I can never have any other banana pudding ever again because nothing will ever compare. Any time I have had any kind of
Question or issue it was handled personally and immediately. If you question ordering, stop. Just do it.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Tawni! Thanks so much for the kind words and for exploring with us. Please let us know if there's anything we can help with in the future! Eat Well & Prosper!
dayos
10/19/17

Ordered 6 pints of Humphrey Slocombe Ice Cream, the order arrived exactly as requested, and on time. No issues at all.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Dayo! Thanks so much for exploring with us and so glad to hear you enjoyed your ice cream. Never too early to start your day off with some Secret Breakfast! Eat Well & Prosper!
maryh365
10/18/17

So Friday was my Mom's birthday. I try to find unique things to send her because she is getting older and when she wants something she'll generally buy it for herself.
Well I thought I'd found it! This website... goldbely.com has so many amazing looking treats! It's pricey, sure, but I don't mind paying for it if the stuff looks and tastes good, right? So I ordered these amazing looking ice cream bars that were coming from a company called #Coolhaus. I made sure that they would be there by Friday and the site said Friday delivery was included in the price. Then some cookies caught my eye. These were from a bakery called #Monica'sGourmetCookies. Again I needed them Friday...those I had to pay an extra $15 to make sure they would be delivered on Friday but I did that. Oh I almost forgot. The cost of the 6 ice cream bars was $79. The cookies were $45 plus the extra $15 to guarantee Friday delivery $60. So all told my total was $139 which was promptly removed from my checking account because I used PayPal to pay for it - because I was sitting on the couch and didn't want to go get my purse to grab a credit card and they took PayPal so why not.
So Friday came and I called my Mom super early in the morning, on my way in to work, to wish her a happy birthday. I also told her that I was really excited about the gift that I sent her. I let her know it would be showing up that day and that I'd call her again after work.
I called after work to find out that she received the cookies. She said they were beautiful. Almost too pretty to eat. BUT she tried a peanut butter one and it was delicious! Thanks to Monica's Gourmet Cookies!
I said well what about the other thing. She said that's all there was. I checked my order and found that the ice cream bars were not shipped. The order was "processing". The order for my Mom's birthday that was supposed to be delivered that day at no extra charge (haha) wasn't even packed or shipped. The $79 ice cream bars!
And it was a Friday, after I got off work. So of course I could not get any customer service until Monday.
The customer service at #Goldbely is marginal at best. I tried calling, you wait on hold for a few minutes and then you are prompted to leave a voicemail or send an email because they're very busy. Next, I tried the chat feature on their website. The chat window states that they typically reply in under 5 minutes. After 15 minutes I sent an email because I thought maybe it was broken. After about 50 minutes, someone from the chat sent me an email that started "Hi Michael, So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've reached out to the shop...." I had already received an email from someone saying they would check to see what was going on but I did reply to say 1. My name is Mary not Michael 2. You should consider changing the expectations your setting for your customer when you tell them that you typically respond in under 5 minutes when it's actually taking you 50 minutes to respond.
On to the email...I sent the email at 11:15am-ish. I emailed again at 2:45pm because I hadn't heard back. I said I expected to hear back that day and anticipated them telling me they'd be sending the bars out that day. Still no reply.
Finally, I received a reply at 8:00pm and it said:
Hi Mary,
Sorry for the delay. We were working with Coolhaus to have your order shipped today and they were able to. You can follow it via this FedEx tracking code:
Sorry again for the delay and please let me know if you have any other questions.

THATS IT!!!! So no explanations. No nothing. I find this unacceptable. Maybe because I work for an exceptional company that provides exceptional customer service every time, no matter what, I expect the same. But I just think this was handled poorly. As a first time customer my impression of this company sucks! And I have a BIG mouth. Both good and bad. If I find something I like and it is good, I talk it up like crazy. But if I have a bad experience, like I feel this was, I will do the same. So I'm sorry #Goldbely but you lost me here. I think this was a crappy deal for some $79 ice cream bars!

Tip for consumers: The site is slick. Everything looks great. Easy to order. They take your money asap. But buyer beware! If you need something by a certain day you might want to think twice before using this site because based on the reviews here and my experience it's a crapshoot

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Mary- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you faced with your order. We focus non stop on the customer experience and work to have the best customer service around, so it's very disappointing to hear we didn't meet your expectations here. We work with hundreds of partners around the country and work with each of them to ensure it's truly the best of the best, not only in terms of quality, but also in reliability. Please know that we take issues like this seriously and will ensure they're addressed with the merchant going forward.

In speaking with our CS team, we did respond back to your email within an hour of you sending it, however you are correct that we didn't have an exact answer on what went wrong until that evening once we were finally able to get everything sorted with the merchant handling the shipping. We also should have sent along a credit to your account as an apology for the delivery issue, so we dropped the ball there as well. We just credited your account the full amount of the missed order, so I do hope you'll give us another chance to make this right. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help in the mean time.
hollys91
10/17/17

I ordered food from this company and only received my order for ONE place (Milk Bar). I never received the donuts or pizza!!

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Holly- I've looked into your order and only see the Milk Bar order- no order was ever placed for donuts or pizza. I don't believe this is the case, but if you see a charge for these items on your statement, please contact us at support@goldbely.com and we'd be glad to get it resolved for you. I hope you continue to explore with us in the future. Thanks
amyh187
10/9/17

My husband was so excited to have a Chicago pizza coming his way as we live overseas and were home for just a few days. I paid as much in shipping as the pizza cost just to make sure it made it here on time. We scheduled delivery for the 9th and we called when it hadn't showed up. Now I just received a message that it will show up on the 11th. Now it is too late to be able to eat it and then eat the leftovers. What a waste of money! Would not use this service again.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Amy- I'm so sorry to hear about the issues with your delivery- certainly not the experience we ever want one of our food explorers to have. I know you've been in touch with our customer service team and that we've already refunded + credited you, but please do let us know if there's anything further we can do to help. Eat Well & Prosper!
maryg267
9/29/17

I have just opened a shipment from Goldbely and for the 3rd time they have sent the wrong product. Each time I took a picture of what I received and gave them the order number information so that they could compare it to what I ordered. Each time their customer service was all happy talk....gosh we are sooo sorry...we will reship right away....and then they sent the wrong item again and again. I give up.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Mary- I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your order. We will always go above and beyond with any order issues, so it's disappointing to hear that wasn't the case in this instance. Please email our team at support@goldbely.com and we'll be sure to take care of you. Thanks for exploring with us.
virginias32
9/21/17

I ordered a cherry pie from Bubby;s in New York City. I received a box of garbage. Someone covered a pie with a piece of cardboard, put it in a plastic bag and stuck it in a plain cardboard carton. No printing on the box indicating fragile, or this side up, nothing. No die cut cardboard inside to hold the pie plate. Just left to get smashed to smithereens. Goldbely blamed all this on Fedex. Fedex had nothing to do with it. Bubby's has no idea how to package food for shipments. Goldbely doesn't refund and wants to ship again. Absolutely not.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Virginia- I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've faced with your shipment, but in speaking with our team I know we've offered to fully credit you for the order, not just a reshipment. Regardless of whether it was FedEx or Bubbys to blame here, we will always do everything we can to ensure your happiness with a Goldbely order. We also do work with each and every one of our partners to ensure that the products arrive in the best condition possible, so it's disappointing to hear that's not the case here. Our team is already in touch, but if there's anything else we can do to help in the mean time please just let us know.
lonac2
9/16/17

Two times it has shipped to the wrong person as it defaults to the last/first person to whom you sent a gift. So you end up ordering twice to get it right! I will never use this site again! Twice was enough and the same thing happened to another family member. Don't place your orders with this company!! It's terrible !!

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Lona! I'm very sorry to hear you've had some issues with our checkout process. Our system is set up to make ordering as efficient and streamlined as possible and you always have the ability to easily change the delivery address. I do hope you'll give us another chance in the future and please let me know if there's anything we can do to help in the mean time.
lisao57
9/7/17

It took 2 days instead of 1 for shipping and then it's the wrong item!!!

I hope they correct their mistake. I wish I read reviews before using them.

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Lisa- I'm sorry to hear there was a delay in your shipping, but we will always make any situation right with our customers to ensure they have the best experience possible. I believe your situation has already been resolved, but if not, please don't hesitate to let us know at support@goldbely.com
beverlyt22
9/3/17

why is there NO place on line to find out about an ordered item. I just orders the bagel, cream cheese and lox for $85.00 and I haven't received it. Fix you set up for checking if package have been delivered to customers. You are the only site that doesn't have this available to the folks who spend their money for your services. Fix it !!!!!

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Beverly- I'm sorry to hear you're facing some issues with your order, however all of your order information is directly in your account- if you hover or click on your account from any page, you'll see an option to view "orders." From here, you'll be able to view all outstanding orders and shipping info for them. Without your order number or full name I'm unfortunately unable to locate your order, however if we can be of any additional help please reach out to our in house support team at support@goldbely.com Thanks!
theresac56
8/23/17

I was given a 6-month food subscription as a wedding gift and I get so excited when I see a box waiting for me when I get home!!!! Our first box was a Steak, Onion, Mushroom and Gruyere Savory Pie and it was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. It arrived safely packaged with ice packs and cooking instructions. I would recommend this subscription to anyone!! It's unique, exciting and declious!! Thanks, Goldbely for such an awesome idea!!!!!!

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Thanks so much for the kind words Theresa! Please let us know if you ever need any recommendations from some of our favorites! Eat Well + Prosper!
jennferp1
8/23/17

The dozen NY bagels ordered, where so old, no way they were from NY. Way over priced for food that was not edible. No customer service, the rep just says spray some water on it??? No refund no service!! Never again, stay far away!!!

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Jennifer- I'm sorry to hear about this issue, however I can assure you that your bagels were baked fresh that morning in NYC's Ess-a-bagel shop on the east side. I can also assure you that we take every complaint seriously and would never advise a customer to just "spray some water on it." If the food was inedible, we would 100% offer you a full refund or credit or we would offer you a free reshipment. Please feel free to reach out to our in house CS team at support@goldbely.com and we will take care of everything for you. Eat well & prosper!
lisav66
8/8/17

I had an item arrive, in not so great condition. However, it was something Goldbely.com could not have done anything about. I notified them and was contacted the following day apologizing and offering to send the item again. I accepted, and received the item a few days later. They stood behind the product, with no excuses made, and made good on my purchase. I truly appreciate that kind of customer service. I will purchase from them again!!!

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for exploring with us. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do in the meantime. Eat well & prosper!
jeffa81
8/8/17

I have used goldbely a few times with mixed reviews, when the products arrive they are as advertised. There have been a couple of instances where they were couple days late, this last order was a disaster, order some ribs from KC, due wednesday 8/2,, friday 8/4 no show,, email trying to get a response, not til monday 8/7,, ooooo the party was 8/6... wHILE I WAS DISAPPOINTED, I give them credit for stepping up, sending me some ribs on the house, I let you know how that works out!

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hey Jeff- I'm sorry to hear about the issues you faced with your order. We monitor each and every package and proactively reach out to notify whenever there's an issue, so it's very disappointing to hear that didn't occur in this case. I know we've already refunded you the ribs, but we're also going to send you out an order on the house. One of our team members will be in touch shortly. Apologies again and I do hope you'll give us another chance.
robing64
7/12/17

This place is ridiculous! I paid for 2 day delivery and it took 4! I called and they will not return my calls for a refund for 2 day delivery!!!! I will never use them again!

billp107
7/8/17

Way overpriced! They want to charge you almost eighty bucks for about two pounds of bacon. Forget it.

traciek3
7/6/17

Don't ever use this site, they have zero customer service and I paid extra to have something delivered for next day and it wasn't!! Still trying to get in touch with someone from there but no phone number and they don't return an email this is horrible service do not use and they give the brands they represent a bad name

Response from Captain G., Goldbely Representative
Hi Tracie- I'm very sorry to hear you about your negative experience, but I assure you we care very much about our customer service. Our focus on customer service is the main reason we handle all of our customer support in house, rather than farming it out for cheaper overseas. Our entire support staff is here in our primary office. Additionally, I'm not sure why you had issues receiving a response from our team via email as our average response time is under 18 minutes. If you still need help with the issues you faced, please feel free to reach us message us directly through Sitejabber and we'll get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Hi Lisa! all of our products are prepared fresh and sent directly from the restaurant/food shop you ordered from. All of the quality control or any other issues are covered by Goldbely, so if there are any issues you should just reach out to us directly at support@goldbely.com. Thanks for exploring with us!

By Captain G. [Goldbely Rep]

Have to recommend against it. Not worth the price for what you get (2 small frozen pies). Not worth the packaging materials that have to get thrown away (big styrofoam). Joes in NYC rocks, but this doesn't taste like the real thing. Maybe it's the freezing / reheating process - don't know, but it's not worthy.

By Gil S.

Hi Samantha- Goldbely ships the best, most iconic food in the US directly to your door from the very people who produce it. If you have any more questions or are looking for any suggestions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com Thanks!

By Captain G. [Goldbely Rep]

Hi Kenneth! All bagels are made fresh to order, so they would be baked on the 10th and shipped out via next day delivery so they arrive to you on the 11th less than 24 hours out of the oven. Hope that helps!

By Captain G. [Goldbely Rep]

Hi! It's only for mail order- please let us know if you have any other questions!

By Captain G. [Goldbely Rep]

Hi Deborah- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your order. We do everything we can to lower the costs as much as possible, but at the end of the day we're reliant on low price shipping from FedEx and UPS to deliver. We continually work to lower prices though, so please keep an eye out. As for your refund, please email support@goldbely.com and we'll be able to get you taken care of. Thanks

By Captain G. [Goldbely Rep]

Hi Rebecca! I'm not sure why you're having issues with reaching us, but please feel free to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com and I'll ensure that you get a response immediately. You can also feel free to respond to this with your order number and I'll get on it here as well. I don't know why FedEx would tell you an order was cancelled as they have no insight into a label after it's created- and they certainly can't see our order management system. Please let us know how we can help!

By Captain G. [Goldbely Rep]

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for reaching out. We're working on reviews for the individual products, but in the mean time if you have questions on anything or would like any recommendations, please feel free to reach out to our team at support@goldbely.com and we'll help you! Eat Well & Prosper! Capt. Goldbely

By Captain G. [Goldbely Rep]

Hi Roy! Thanks for reaching out to us. Our team can be reached at the phone number in the top right of our website- but here it is so you don't have to check it :) 888-675-6892. You can also reach our team via live chat or email at support@goldbely.com Thanks for exploring with us!

By Captain G. [Goldbely Rep]

Hi Patricia! Sorry to hear you're having issues. I'm going to send you an email now to resolve. Thanks!

By Captain G. [Goldbely Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Goldbely staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Goldbely