Review of Goldbely

Tel: 888-675-6892
support@goldbely.com

janies38
11/17/18

I have not yet received my $32 pumpkin pie but it better be fantastic! The shipping on my $32 pie is $40 for a grand total of $72! I didn't catch it but I definitely would not have ordered it if I had realized. I swear I thought it was $10. Anyway be aware and avoid my fate!

benw156
11/14/18

I placed an order and only after I was supposed to receive it did I get an email that it is out of stock until next year.

The service rep was outright nasty and unhelpful!

sandraf145
11/1/18

I ordered pickles in July and got a bad batch and was given a $25 credit, not really enough to order something without adding money. I finally decided on October 18th during a sale they were promoting to order 4 cookies from Maui Cookie Lady where the balance was $14.20. Well after 2 weeks I was wondering here my cookies were I figured I waited long enough, I wrote them on their chat and noticed on my confirmation email that their expected delivery was Jan, 28 2019 I could not believe it. The agent said it was because they were a small business that they could deliver not deliver sooner. Then asked if I wanted to cancel my order. I cannot believe that is and Goldbelly thinks that this is ok did not leave me satisfied.

joes999
10/30/18

Are they kidding with these prices? There is no way this is worth it! I don't care what you biy beu 95.00 bucks for a pie?

claireh58
10/29/18

Their products look interesting and Danny Meyer invested a small fortune in them. I hope he can afford the loss. These people are clueless about the items they're getting from other suppliers, way over-priced and their customer service is non-existent. I received sloppily decorated Halloween Oreos and Halloween Cookie Do with incomplete baking instructions and no labeling of flavors on the containers. These two items cost me 110 dollars, and that was after applying a 15 dollar discount. I don't wonder that there is no place for product review on their site. They are pretentious as well.

nickn88
10/17/18

Not at all happy. Ordered pizza from Gino's East, one of Goldbelly's restaurant clients, was told days later, when it should have already delivered, that they were out of the flavor I ordered. So instead of asking for a refund I asked what flavors they DID have, and ordered them. A full week later after sending numerous requests as to why my friend hadn't received the pizza I sent him, only to be told that Gino's is out of those flavors as well...but that I could send plain cheese pizzas instead. I declined and asked for a full refund (which has yet to show up in my account). Don't trust them, would NEVER recommend them.

jenniferp376
10/13/18

A company that ships perishable items and isn't available around the clock or at least for a few hours on the weekend. Clearly they need a better relationship with their shipper - fed ex. Terrible customer service. Seems like a scam feels like giving m ik ery to a black hole. I was excited about the possibilities they could open up for sourcing food. Oh well. Hopefully another company will surface that can do it better.

simonm146
9/28/18

Ordered Gino's Pizza. Took them a week just to process the order. That's processing not shipping. Shipping was another week. Then they said they didn't have the pizza I ordered. How could they run out of a pizza with a week to get it? Somehow Goldbely screwed it up. All this for $25 shipping. $25 should have been Next Day. Amazon manages is all the time for a lot less than $25. Never again. I wish I'd have seen this review site before I ordered.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Simon- I'm very sorry about the delays with your order, but Gino's East was unfortunately delayed in the production of their pizzas beyond their (or our control) resulting in this delay. It's in the works now, so shouldn't be too much longer, but I do understand this does little to get the pizza into your hands as originally promised. While Amazon does offer cheaper shipping on some of their items, they also require you to pay over $100 a year for that "free shipping" and the goods arriving at your door are usually not frozen or shipping via expedited service. Shipping highly perishable foods at expedited speeds is an extremely expensive endeavorer that we're working tirelessly to lower the costs of. I do hope you'll give us another chance to show this isn't the usual circumstances.
saraht240
9/27/18

I'm a chef so when our food arrived and I noticed that the ice packs were warm I immediately temp checked it. The meat was at 65 degrees. I sent a message to customer service to tell them they need to fix this before somebody gets sick and they told me it was safe to eat if the meat was still cool to the touch. I responded that they should take some food service training since that statement isn't true at all. I tried to cancel but then another shipment arrived again over 60 degrees and with a foul smell. The idea here is great but they need to do something to fix their shipping or stick with products that don't need to stay cool.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Sarah- thanks for your feedback and I'm very sorry that our customer care team member took that approach in her correspondence with you. While we do have food service trained team members, the customer service team member in question does not and should not have been offering guidance like that. We have spoken directly with her about the incident and reiterated the proper protocol with ALL of our team members because of this. We work very hard to ensure that products arrive in proper condition at your door, so it's disappointing to hear we missed the mark on multiple fronts in this regard. As I mentioned in my email to you directly, I do hope you'll give us another chance to show you this is far from the norm. Thanks
michelem212
9/27/18

When ordering food directly from a merchant, shipping takes one or two days. With this conpany, a third party coordinator, shipping is usually at least one week. Customer service is a waste of effort.I won't be using them again.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Michele- as we power the shipping for an overwhelming majority of our partners, the shipping we offer is actually the fastest available anywhere. For those partners who do have their own e-commerce as well, the shipping schedule on Goldbelly will always be the same as on their site- there is no delay. We also pride ourselves on our customer support, so while you provide no actual interaction with our CS team, it is disappointing to hear we didn't meet your standards. I do hope you'll give us another try in the future.
patriciam535
9/25/18

My daughter is celiac and I decided to order a cheese cake from Goldbelly. I paid about $50 for the cheesecake, it should have been a large beautiful cheesecake for that price, then I paid $39 for shipping (just their normal takes a week to get there, not express) bringing the total to $90. Imagine my surprise when it arrived and was barely 4 servings, they will probably say 8, you could get 6 tiny portions. Total waste of money. I will not order from them again.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Patricia- I'm very sorry to hear you were disappointed in your order from the Nuns of New Skete. All of our products clearly state the exact size of the product you're ordering, so while I'm sorry you were disappointed, it does state it is a 6" cheesecake - and that was what was delivered. Serving size is completely subjective as what could be 6 servings to one person is 2 servings to another. I do hope you'll give us another chance in the future, however.
kimberlyz21
9/15/18

My husband ordered Laduree Macrons for my birthday. They were sent out overnight and arrived tasty, fresh and delicious! I love this company! I am so excited about ordering many more wonderous products from them! Unless you are willing to hop in the car and drive all over the country to taste these delicious treats in their indigenous honey holes where they are whipped up from scratch, then do not knock it. TRY IT!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Kimberly! Thanks so much for exploring with us! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday treats and of course, that you had a Happy Birthday! Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help. Eat Well & Prosper!
ashleym367
9/13/18

So, for me this is a dream come true! How a never knew about this site until now is a shame! I was so hesitant to order bc I'd the reviews right here. I went to bbb.org and felt a bit more relieved. I said well I'll order w pay pal they are excellent in giving money back if it's not what it's suppsed to be

W this being said yes it's a Lot of money , but what do you expect? It's being overnighted in a airplane. Also be careful what you order and use some commensense. Ice cream? 90 hot weather? Maybe order this on a winter day when you know you will be able to pick it up right away from fedex when it arrives. ... yes golsbely does need to be more flexible on deliver days since it is food.

So far I have orders Detroit pizza (amazing) and yes they did mess up one pizza , I got a 30 dollar credit! That's more than fair bc I can use that to try something else! I had no hassle. I also ordered from milk- birthday truffles and cornflake cookies both good ( yes sat outside in 90 degree weather all day) and lastly pats cheese steak... this was awesome bc first of all they were a day late (fed ex issue not gold bely not the vendor) I was sooo worried that w some of the previous ice packs completely unfrozen upon arrival this would be spoiled. This was left in my S.C. 90 weather allllllllll day!... I came home w the box ice cold when I picked it up and fatill frozen ice packs!

I was also concerned w soggy bread!... not even a bit! I read the heating instructions and they are so delicious! .....

So this is a must try if you want a treat this is a newer company so iam sure a lot has to be worked out. Personally the vendors really need to work out there shipping methods like pats kings did they had it down perfect.

Ice cream- they need top notch dry ice and shipping and even then it's ify in this hot Esther if your not there to pick it right up, and take the credit it they give you one it's clealry stated BEfORE you purchase. No surprise there that money wouldn't be given back..... a store credit you can't go wrong bc this way you can try it again or a new vendor and see how they treat you!

Gold bely never ever go away! Iam truly In love and plan for sure on ordering monthly!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Ashley! Thanks so much for exploring with us. We're so excited to hear you enjoyed what you've ordered- particularly the Pat's Steaks- they're one of my favorites as well. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's ever anything we can do or if you'd ever like a recommendation! Eat Well & Prosper!
sarahm610
9/6/18

I paid about $100 for items and have yet to receive them. I contacted about not receiving them through email to get no response and tried calling their phone number but their hours of operation is obsurd! The items were allegedly sent frozen and are by now thawed and molded. Unfit for consumption! What kind of business operates like this?!? I would've given NO stars if that was an option.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Sarah- as you haven't provided any information about your order, I'm unsure what exactly went wrong, but we offer live, in house customer service 7 days a week. We have phone support Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM EST, live chat service from 9 AM to 6 PM and email support just about 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All orders are sent with exactly the right amount of coolant and insulation to survive their short journey and if there are ever issues outside of our control (like a storm delaying delivery) and the food arrives damaged, warm or spoiled, we will ALWAYS make it right by the customer with a reshipment, refund or credit. If you did actually order from us and do have an issue with your delivery, please don't hesitate to let our excellent customer service team know at support@goldbely.com and we'll immediately get it resolved for you.
dored2
8/17/18

I've ordered a variety of things from Goldbely and I've only had one item delayed (unfortunately it was ice cream!) Every other item arrived on time and in great condition. I know that many times when people are unhappy they want to vent and leave a scathing review. Here's what I've ordered and LOVED Blackout cake, Ribs from Kings BBQ, Banana Pudding from Magnolia Bakery, Essa Bagels, White House Subs, Mcloons lobster rolls, Jacques chocolate chip cookies, Cape Whoopies, Fat Mollies Brownies, Robertas wood fired Pizza and Georgia peaches! ( Discovered this site last year and have ordered about once a month.) Some of these items were sent as gifts and the feedback I got was great! When one order I had a problem with came late and in poor condition, I emailed support and they gave me full credit without any issue.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Dore- Thanks so much for exploring with us. We're so excited to hear you enjoyed your orders- some of what you've had are my favorite! I could eat Magnolia's banana pudding ALL. DAY. LONG. Pease let us know if there is anything we can ever do to help with a future order. Eat Well & Prosper!
darleneb94
8/9/18

Ordered lobster rolls which were left somewhere other than my house. If you can't guarantee seafood will arrive in an edible condition, don't peddle it.

Horrible company. Buy direct from the companies if you can, not Goldbely.

Once they mess up your order they will inform you you're out of luck. Please tell everyone you know not to waste a dime on Goldbely.

I have convinced two people to not use them. Hopefully this snowballs.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Darlene- I'm very sorry to hear about the storms causing delays to your order delivery- never a fun experience. As our customer support team did let you know, we refunded your order in full, so hopefully this has been resolved to your satisfaction. If not, please don't hesitate to let us know how we may be able to help- support@goldbely.com - thanks!
desireer28
8/7/18

When I ordered cookies from Gooey on the Inside, I will say I was a bit skeptical. I read reviews on here and wasn't sure what I would get, when I would get them and if they would be worth the price. However, I gave them a chance and was pleasantly surprised. The cookies arrived on time, correct variety and packaged very well. I ordered a variety of 6 cookies. They were all individually wrapped and vacuum sealed. The package included directions for storing and heating to enjoy them at their best. Each cookie was fresh and exactly how I hoped they would taste. I would definitely use Goldbely again and recommend them.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Desi! Thanks so much for exploring with us. Gooey on the Inside is one of our favorite new additions to the site. If you're a cookie fan, I can definitely recommend T Rex Cookies out of Minnesota as well- one of my personal favorites. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help in the mean time. Eat Well & Prosper!
karenw455
8/6/18

Ordered ice cream for aFriday delivery. Got an email they were tracking the progress. It came on Monday. Totally melted, NO additional information. They were unresponsive to My calls. Finally called the vendor directly and they were most appreciative of my feedback. I will never buy from a vendor that uses goldbely.

tenleed
7/31/18

I ordered 2 lobster rolls for a friend who had just had serious surgery. She loves lobster rolls. I didn't want to send flowers. I did read the reviews, I was not totally impressed, but gave them a chance. Well, the lobster rolls were not delivered when promised, are perishable and it is the middle of summer. According to my tracking, they sat at a fedex in MA for over 12 hours and never moved. It seems the blame should be on fedex, however...... reading the reviews, this is ongoing. So! This company needs to find a better, more reliable way to ship their goods! I was hoping this would be a company I could use for many out of state friends and family to ship lobster to, (from Maine). No....... never again!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Tenlee! I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you faced with FedEx's delivery. As you mentioned, all deliveries are unfortunately at the mercy of the 3rd party shipper (whether it's lobster rolls or new shoes) and we've found FedEx to be the most reliable out of all shippers we've spoken and worked with. While they're not 100%, they're very close to it- unfortunately it sounds like your order was one of the very few that had problems en route. We work with each of our partners and FedEx to ensure that delivery occurs in the time window the food is prepared for so we're equally as disappointed when things beyond our control divert that. We're going to reach out now via email to send your next order on the house to show you that this is far from the norm- we'll speak shortly!
meaganj3
7/31/18

I am very dissatisfied with this company's response to a quality issue. I ordered from Doughnut Plant ($65 for 6 donuts which is crazy anyway) and when the box arrived there was no instructions in the box. I put them in the fridge and tried one the following day, only to find out from customer service they were to be consumed within one day and not stored in the fridge. The donuts tasted old and left a weird smell/aftertaste, and the red velvet ones had a yellow film coming out of them. Crazy. No refund was offered, just a $20 credit. Ridiculous. There's also nowhere to leave a review on their website or Facebook page....now it's obvious why.

aprild42
7/26/18

I ordered a Pie for my mother's 95th birthday....they had a butterscotch pecan and given that it is so old school was really looking forward to giving this to my mother tomorrow. Goldbely sent me a pie with a very, small completely melted ice back...that had made an imprint on the pie and then this mess was covered in about 10 layers of bubble wrap!! ...AND left in the sun by my front door for hours!! HELLO!! Who does this?? Really?! You guys don't know about small coolers to send edibles in with ice packs or dry ice?? Not cool, no pie....NEVER buy from these Einsteins again....

maryp409
7/22/18

I ordered bagels from Goldbely. $69. for a bakers dozen of a variety of flavors. They arrived the day the delivery was scheduled. I live in Arizona & the bagels were from NYC. They came in a fedex box & the bagels were tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. First off I did not get the variety I ordered secondly they were stale & thirdly when I contacted Customer Service I was told they were shipped the same day they were baked. I was offered a $15 credit. I had already told them I would never use them again. I am the fool who paid so much for bagels. I could have had my elderly mother ship bagels to me at a lesser cost & would have gotten what I wanted.
Buyer beware! DO NOT USE THEM. It is a rip off. I told them to keep their 15 bucks credit.

mitchells51
7/10/18

I ordered Ginos East Chicago style pizza from Goldbely for a pizza party 2 weeks in advance of said party.
When the pizzas did not come 4 days before the party(and a week after they promised me delivery) I called and was told they would be delivered the next day
When they did not show up I called they next day and was told they would be delivered the following day.
they never showed up and I had to order Pizza Hut for my party
When I called after the weekend they told me they were never shipped!!WOW
They offered to wave the delivery charge HORRIBLE service and NO customer service what so ever
I can never use them again!
hey should be closed down
I hope their vendors become aware of this as I feel it hurts their business also

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Mitchell- I'm sorry to hear about the issue you faced with your order. As our team explained over the phone and via email, there were issues with Gino's standard delivery schedule due to the 4th of July falling on a Wednesday this year. We're sorry for any confusion that resulted while providing some insight into what exactly went on, however as our reps have already informed you, we did fully refund your order and provide you with a credit. We also did offer to expedite the order to you while refunding your shipping charges entirely on the order. I'm sorry we weren't able to rectify this situation to your satisfaction, but I do truly hope that you'll give us another chance in the future.
barbies7
7/9/18

Ordered Maui Cookies.
They are undercooked. The individual bags are greasy inside The cookies are jammed in the box. I didnt get the varieties I ordered.
I complained immediately and there is NO REMEDY OR ADJUSTMENT. YOU PURCHASE -YOU OWN IT!! GOOD OR BAD. YOU ARE STUCK!!!!
They dont tell you that. If they make a mistake it becomes YOURS!!

These cookies are a hot mess and should NEVER have been mailed without some kind of cooling.

NEVER BUY FROM GOLDBELY.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Barbie- I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your order. We always work to ensure each delivery is just as a customer would have liked it, so I hope you'll give us another chance and reach out to our support team at support@goldbely.com. Maui Cookie Lady has had nothing but favorable reviews since we launched them, so it's surprising to hear you received a less than satisfactory shipment, but we will always make it right by the customer!
susanb662
7/7/18

Ordered Lou Malnatis pizza. Shipped Thursday to arrive Friday, paid extra for shipping, now UPS says Monday delivery. No one to contact until Monday. Why does Goldbely have such limited customer support hours? I will repost an update

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Susan- I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with your order. It appears severe weather delays caused the delivery delay with your order. We will always work to resolve issues like this with customers, so please reach out to our team at support@goldbely.com to handle it for you. While our in house CS team can't be reached on the phone over the weekends, we do answer emails all weekend long! Eat Well & Prosper!

Hi Lisa! all of our products are prepared fresh and sent directly from the restaurant/food shop you ordered from. All of the quality control or any other issues are covered by Goldbely, so if there are any issues you should just reach out to us directly at support@goldbely.com. Thanks for exploring with us!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Have to recommend against it. Not worth the price for what you get (2 small frozen pies). Not worth the packaging materials that have to get thrown away (big styrofoam). Joes in NYC rocks, but this doesn't taste like the real thing. Maybe it's the freezing / reheating process - don't know, but it's not worthy.

By Gil S.

Hi Jesse- I'm not sure what went wrong with your order, but you should always receive a confirmation email immediately after placing an order with us. Please reach out to support@goldbely.com with your info and we'll be able to get it taken care of for you. Thanks!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Samantha- Goldbely ships the best, most iconic food in the US directly to your door from the very people who produce it. If you have any more questions or are looking for any suggestions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com Thanks!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Kenneth! All bagels are made fresh to order, so they would be baked on the 10th and shipped out via next day delivery so they arrive to you on the 11th less than 24 hours out of the oven. Hope that helps!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi! It's only for mail order- please let us know if you have any other questions!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Deborah- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your order. We do everything we can to lower the costs as much as possible, but at the end of the day we're reliant on low price shipping from FedEx and UPS to deliver. We continually work to lower prices though, so please keep an eye out. As for your refund, please email support@goldbely.com and we'll be able to get you taken care of. Thanks

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Rebecca! I'm not sure why you're having issues with reaching us, but please feel free to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com and I'll ensure that you get a response immediately. You can also feel free to respond to this with your order number and I'll get on it here as well. I don't know why FedEx would tell you an order was cancelled as they have no insight into a label after it's created- and they certainly can't see our order management system. Please let us know how we can help!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for reaching out. We're working on reviews for the individual products, but in the mean time if you have questions on anything or would like any recommendations, please feel free to reach out to our team at support@goldbely.com and we'll help you! Eat Well & Prosper! Capt. Goldbely

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Roy! Thanks for reaching out to us. Our team can be reached at the phone number in the top right of our website- but here it is so you don't have to check it :) 888-675-6892. You can also reach our team via live chat or email at support@goldbely.com Thanks for exploring with us!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Goldbely staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Goldbely