Review of Goldbely

Tel: 888-675-6892
support@goldbely.com

dored2
8/17/18

I've ordered a variety of things from Goldbely and I've only had one item delayed (unfortunately it was ice cream!) Every other item arrived on time and in great condition. I know that many times when people are unhappy they want to vent and leave a scathing review. Here's what I've ordered and LOVED Blackout cake, Ribs from Kings BBQ, Banana Pudding from Magnolia Bakery, Essa Bagels, White House Subs, Mcloons lobster rolls, Jacques chocolate chip cookies, Cape Whoopies, Fat Mollies Brownies, Robertas wood fired Pizza and Georgia peaches! ( Discovered this site last year and have ordered about once a month.) Some of these items were sent as gifts and the feedback I got was great! When one order I had a problem with came late and in poor condition, I emailed support and they gave me full credit without any issue.

sethk27
8/14/18

Prince's hot chicken arrived warm and with only two small thawed ice packs in the middle of the summer. I contacted support and they asked to clarify if it was warm or just thawed. I replied and then followed up a few days later and Goldbely is refusing to respond.

darleneb94
8/9/18

Ordered lobster rolls which were left somewhere other than my house. If you can't guarantee seafood will arrive in an edible condition, don't peddle it.

Horrible company. Buy direct from the companies if you can, not Goldbely.

Once they mess up your order they will inform you you're out of luck. Please tell everyone you know not to waste a dime on Goldbely.

I have convinced two people to not use them. Hopefully this snowballs.

desireer28
8/7/18

When I ordered cookies from Gooey on the Inside, I will say I was a bit skeptical. I read reviews on here and wasn't sure what I would get, when I would get them and if they would be worth the price. However, I gave them a chance and was pleasantly surprised. The cookies arrived on time, correct variety and packaged very well. I ordered a variety of 6 cookies. They were all individually wrapped and vacuum sealed. The package included directions for storing and heating to enjoy them at their best. Each cookie was fresh and exactly how I hoped they would taste. I would definitely use Goldbely again and recommend them.

karenw455
8/6/18

Ordered ice cream for aFriday delivery. Got an email they were tracking the progress. It came on Monday. Totally melted, NO additional information. They were unresponsive to My calls. Finally called the vendor directly and they were most appreciative of my feedback. I will never buy from a vendor that uses goldbely.

tenleed
7/31/18

I ordered 2 lobster rolls for a friend who had just had serious surgery. She loves lobster rolls. I didn't want to send flowers. I did read the reviews, I was not totally impressed, but gave them a chance. Well, the lobster rolls were not delivered when promised, are perishable and it is the middle of summer. According to my tracking, they sat at a fedex in MA for over 12 hours and never moved. It seems the blame should be on fedex, however...... reading the reviews, this is ongoing. So! This company needs to find a better, more reliable way to ship their goods! I was hoping this would be a company I could use for many out of state friends and family to ship lobster to, (from Maine). No....... never again!

meaganj3
7/31/18

I am very dissatisfied with this company's response to a quality issue. I ordered from Doughnut Plant ($65 for 6 donuts which is crazy anyway) and when the box arrived there was no instructions in the box. I put them in the fridge and tried one the following day, only to find out from customer service they were to be consumed within one day and not stored in the fridge. The donuts tasted old and left a weird smell/aftertaste, and the red velvet ones had a yellow film coming out of them. Crazy. No refund was offered, just a $20 credit. Ridiculous. There's also nowhere to leave a review on their website or Facebook page....now it's obvious why.

aprild42
7/26/18

I ordered a Pie for my mother's 95th birthday....they had a butterscotch pecan and given that it is so old school was really looking forward to giving this to my mother tomorrow. Goldbely sent me a pie with a very, small completely melted ice back...that had made an imprint on the pie and then this mess was covered in about 10 layers of bubble wrap!! ...AND left in the sun by my front door for hours!! HELLO!! Who does this?? Really?! You guys don't know about small coolers to send edibles in with ice packs or dry ice?? Not cool, no pie....NEVER buy from these Einsteins again....

maryp409
7/22/18

I ordered bagels from Goldbely. $69. for a bakers dozen of a variety of flavors. They arrived the day the delivery was scheduled. I live in Arizona & the bagels were from NYC. They came in a fedex box & the bagels were tightly wrapped in plastic wrap. First off I did not get the variety I ordered secondly they were stale & thirdly when I contacted Customer Service I was told they were shipped the same day they were baked. I was offered a $15 credit. I had already told them I would never use them again. I am the fool who paid so much for bagels. I could have had my elderly mother ship bagels to me at a lesser cost & would have gotten what I wanted.
Buyer beware! DO NOT USE THEM. It is a rip off. I told them to keep their 15 bucks credit.

mitchells51
7/10/18

I ordered Ginos East Chicago style pizza from Goldbely for a pizza party 2 weeks in advance of said party.
When the pizzas did not come 4 days before the party(and a week after they promised me delivery) I called and was told they would be delivered the next day
When they did not show up I called they next day and was told they would be delivered the following day.
they never showed up and I had to order Pizza Hut for my party
When I called after the weekend they told me they were never shipped!!WOW
They offered to wave the delivery charge HORRIBLE service and NO customer service what so ever
I can never use them again!
hey should be closed down
I hope their vendors become aware of this as I feel it hurts their business also

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Mitchell- I'm sorry to hear about the issue you faced with your order. As our team explained over the phone and via email, there were issues with Gino's standard delivery schedule due to the 4th of July falling on a Wednesday this year. We're sorry for any confusion that resulted while providing some insight into what exactly went on, however as our reps have already informed you, we did fully refund your order and provide you with a credit. We also did offer to expedite the order to you while refunding your shipping charges entirely on the order. I'm sorry we weren't able to rectify this situation to your satisfaction, but I do truly hope that you'll give us another chance in the future.
barbies7
7/9/18

Ordered Maui Cookies.
They are undercooked. The individual bags are greasy inside The cookies are jammed in the box. I didnt get the varieties I ordered.
I complained immediately and there is NO REMEDY OR ADJUSTMENT. YOU PURCHASE -YOU OWN IT!! GOOD OR BAD. YOU ARE STUCK!!!!
They dont tell you that. If they make a mistake it becomes YOURS!!

These cookies are a hot mess and should NEVER have been mailed without some kind of cooling.

NEVER BUY FROM GOLDBELY.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Barbie- I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your order. We always work to ensure each delivery is just as a customer would have liked it, so I hope you'll give us another chance and reach out to our support team at support@goldbely.com. Maui Cookie Lady has had nothing but favorable reviews since we launched them, so it's surprising to hear you received a less than satisfactory shipment, but we will always make it right by the customer!
susanb662
7/7/18

Ordered Lou Malnatis pizza. Shipped Thursday to arrive Friday, paid extra for shipping, now UPS says Monday delivery. No one to contact until Monday. Why does Goldbely have such limited customer support hours? I will repost an update

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Susan- I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with your order. It appears severe weather delays caused the delivery delay with your order. We will always work to resolve issues like this with customers, so please reach out to our team at support@goldbely.com to handle it for you. While our in house CS team can't be reached on the phone over the weekends, we do answer emails all weekend long! Eat Well & Prosper!
wendyb198
6/21/18

The first time I ordered, I thought it was a fluke. The macarons arrived just barely cool and had been beaten to a crispy pulp - every edge damaged. However, this time I ordered for a birthday present. I spent $99 for spiked ice cream for my dad's birthday. It was to be shipped overnight, it was picked up on time, but didn't actually go out until the day it was due. It was shipped in a Styrofoam cooler with no ice and no dry ice. It arrived as warm soup. Customer service doesn't seem to exist unless you want something new - then you can get Chat Telephone support tells you to leave a voice mail and email doesn't get any real response at all. No sense of urgency. Nothing. I don't trust anything that they sell now and am not going to keep spending my money to support their useless services. In a nutshell DO NOT USE - THEY SUCK!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Wendy- I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with Goldbely, never what we want someone to deal with. It looks like you wrote this review immediately after contacting our customer service team via email and while we're very fast on our response time, we're not that fast :) As our rep has since informed you in our reply, the order did ship on time, however unfortunately FedEx dropped the ball and delayed delivery by one day. So while there was plenty of dry ice for one day in transit, there wasn't enough for two in this heat. Regardless, as we also let you know, we always take care of our customers in situations like this and are happy to offer a reshipment or a full refund. Regardless of which you choose we'll also be adding a $20 credit to your account. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. Thanks
aliciaa66
6/8/18

I give up, was so excited about this service. Cant rely on it for gifts, anyone have a suggestion to actually receive anything ?

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Alicia- I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues, but without any order or product information we can't figure out who you are or what you ordered. To have ordered 3 different times and never received anything is VERY outside the norm, so I'd love to hear exactly what happened. Please email us at support@goldbely.com and mention you were on SiteJabber and we'll help get to the bottom of this. Thanks
howardg48
6/6/18

I attempted to do businss with this company, being a Chicago Native that lives in CA now. I order a Buona italian beef kit and they were impossible to work with. Refused until I spent over an hour giving me a first time buyer discount. They told me my order was shipped and would arrive on 6/5. On the morning of 6/5 they had the nerve to email me that the order had never shipped and I was not going to receive my order until 6/11. The order was made well in advance to be here in time for my wife's 69th BD on 6/9. I cancelled my order and have not even received confirmation of cancellation yet. BUYERS of their products beware. This compny is full of crap!

After looking at this response from Captain G, no one ever confirmed my cancellation so that part of your reply is bs. Second, my order was not a large quantity order from Buaona. They have many locations in Chicago and all I orders was a 2lb of Italian beef and condiments...not 50 lb of beef, sir...so once again your reply is bogus. Last, you never addressed the issue of having a confirmation of a shipment to arrive on 6/5, and yet on June 5 you tell me you cannot ship...OUTRAGEOUS!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Howard- I'm sorry to hear about the issues you faced with your order. Most of our partners makes their products to order in small batches and in this case, as our team told you, Buono was unfortunately behind in their production and your order was unfortunately delayed. As we've also already informed you, we have cancelled and refunded your order as requested, so there certainly shouldn't be any concern. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do in the mean time.
sarahs591
5/29/18

They claim it has been resolved after they emailed offering a replacement. However, this was needed for a specific event and a replacement shipping doesnt do a lot of good a week later.

I only got a response once posting to them online, so they can claim it has been resolved.

Also, I called the phone number during open hours all of Friday and Tuesday (repediately), because there is no hold or waiting option - never once did a real person answer to actually speak with.

I ordered ice cream through the providers website, and it directed me to Goldbely. I didn't think any of it given it was sponsored by the company.

However, after spending over $100 on perishable items... my shipment arrived completely melted and spilled everywhere. It was beyond poorly packaged.

The worst part, I have been trying to contact someone from customer support and am told to email or leave a voicemail... neither which get responded too. Try it for yourself, call their customer service line and see if you get a response before ordering.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Sarah- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've faced with your ice cream shipment. Everything is shipped directly from each of our partners- they handcraft the goods and ship them directly to you. We work with each of them to ensure that only the best, most environmentally friendly packaging we can find for that food is used to make sure the food arrives in perfect condition, however at the end of the day each merchant is responsible for properly packing their product. With that said, we will always ensure that a customer with a bad experience is taken care of and in the case of melted ice cream, will ALWAYS get a reshipment out free of charge. As this was written on the Tuesday after Memorial Day weekend, I'm guessing you've been trying to reach us over a long holiday and, as we have all customer support in house rather than shipped overseas, there are times when we're unable to immediately respond, however we will ALWAYS rectify the issue to your satisfaction. I believe we've already resolved this issue with you via our support team, but please feel free to email us at support@goldbely.com if not. Thanks for exploring with us!
hughm49
5/10/18

All the negative reviews almost kept me from ordering. Process was seamless and everything showed up on time. Had a question for customer service and it was responded to in less than 24 hrs. Can not wait to try the Milk Bar Crack Pie. Great Service

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Hugh! Thanks so much for exploring with us. We're so glad to hear about your great experience and look forward to many more food explorations to come in the future. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to help in the mean time. Eat Well & Prosper!
kristinr29
4/26/18

We ordered from White House Subs in Atlantic City through Goldbely.com. $149 for 4 sandwiches, each 18-20" long, according to the description on the Goldbely website. When our order came, we were appalled to see 4 sandwiches, each being 10 inches long. What happened to the other 36-40 inches of sandwich...well we may never know since my husband has been hung up in twice trying to reach a manager we were assured would call us back. Non-management help only offered a $70 credit toward our next order (when pigs friggin fly). Please take your business elsewhere or you may pay $75 for one sandwich like we did.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Kristin- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you faced with your order. We strive to offer the absolute best in customer service, so while I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the support you would have liked, I can assure you that our in house team would never purposefully hang up on anyone. It sounds like you're still unhappy with the situation, so we'd love to help take care of this more to your satisfaction. Please feel free to send us an email at support@goldbely.com and mention that we asked you to reach out and we'll try to make this right for you. Thanks
carollynnet
4/26/18
• Updated review

Goldbely did contact me and offered a $30 credit (which is basically the difference in cost between the regular kit and the deluxe kit) so they are basically letting me use my own money. I did have a good experience with 2 other orders so I decided to take it rather than go through my credit card company. I will however no longer recommend Goldbely to friends anymore. Too bad, there are a lot of retirees and snowbirds here on the Gulf Coast.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Carollynne! I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you faced with your order- certainly never something we want anyone to experience. I do hope you're give us another try in the future however and in the mean time, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Eat Well & Prosper!
“Good company but bad customer service”
4/24/18
• Previous review

I have ordered from Goldbely several times and have been very satisfied. Customer service on one order has poor. My order arrived on time, in good condition but incomplete. Missing items were shipped out the next day but didn't arrive until 4 days after the scheduled delivery date (Fedex's fault). However items that are clearly marked "keep refrigerated" were not shipped in a cold pack and therefore inedible. Calls to them even during their posted east coast open times go to voicemail. My email has gone unanswered. I guess my only resort is dispute the charge to Goldbely with my credit card company

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Carollynne- I'm sorry to hear you faced an issue with your order. I did look into your exchange with our team and it looks like we've responded to all of your emails- including the one from yesterday where we responded shortly after you sent it and offered a full credit for the missing items we already shipped back out. It doesn't look like you've responded yet so please feel free to reach back out to our team if you still don't see it at support@goldbely.com Thanks
kateg66
4/19/18

We ordered Tony Luke cheesesteaks for a celebration ($100 for four 9 sandwiches) and they showed up missing the ingredients they are pictured with and what was there was terrible quality. After we photographed the anemic offerings, we threw all four away. We contacted customer service and were told the correct ingredients were on the sandwiches we got, not matter how theyre marketed looking. No further communication even after I filled out the survey they emailed me. This is a terrible and unsupportable business; Id take yours elsewhere, folks.

Update: we contacted customer service and were told Tony Lukes refuses to issue a refund.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Kate- I'm very sorry to hear your experience was less than you expected- certainly not how we want any food explorer's mission to go. Feel free to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com and we'll make this right for you. Thanks!
gloriaa57
4/18/18

I read all the bad reviews; however, I have had nothing but great service, and products. I have ordered several times and they were all spot on. The only problem I had was not their fault it was mine. I had the item shipped to my office which is closed on weekends. However, with the items packed in dry ice, I was still able to receive it in good condition.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Gloria! Thanks for exploring with us and glad to hear you've enjoyed your experience so far! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help with any suggestions or future orders. Eat Well & Prosper!
tm159
4/15/18

I ordered a brownie from a company in SD and it said it was shipped but nothing ever came, there was no tracking and I couldn't get a hold of anyone. For three weeks I hounded the bakery as well and finally got a refund. What an incredible waste of time and energy!

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi there- we provide tracking automatically via email as well as through your account. Additionally, our response time via email is under 15 minutes and we offer both phone and live chat support during the day. We also proactively monitor packages en route so if there was an item that wasn't delivered, we'd be proactively on it. I'm unable to look up your order just via your initials T M. but if you require assistance please email our team at support@goldbely.com and we'll help get it resolved. Thanks
allyp6
3/6/18

A package was supposed to arrive today and was a gift. It did not arrive and I see now that it hasn't even shipped out yet.

Their customer service rep Alexandra Sullivan is lacking any empathy which is 101 for CSR. She ignored my questions and just sent me a tracking attachment that shows it being delivered late tomorrow and now needing a signature. When I explained I will not be home tomorrow to sign, she again ignored that and just said she was calling the vendor to confirm it's arriving tomorrow (which is late).

No apology and no direct answer to my questions. When I wrote back to say that she wasn't addressing my concerns. I received an I'm sorry YOU FEEL that way. Talk about passive aggressive, what terrible customer service!

They do not care about the delivery dates that you paid for or that were stated on their website. They take no accountability, show no empathy, and aside from "gathering information" (which is unnecessary since the tracking info shows it still hasn't shipped out), they make no effort or concessions to help customers.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Ally- I'm very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our team. We work tirelessly to provide the best customer support possible, so it's disappointing to hear we missed the mark. We also know how important it is to deliver on the date requested and do everything we can to ensure this occurs- including monitoring every package en route to make sure it's delivered when it is supposed to.

I do hope you'll give us another chance to show you how much we focus on both customer support and deliver dates. Thanks
raf1006
3/5/18

Same order number. Three small parcels. Only one had ice pack. Charged for three deliveries. Biggest scam. All three perishable food items (including chocolate) should have been shipped in one box with ice pack. Left on porch during warm day.
We should all be contacting NY State
Consumer Assistance Hotline:
(518) 474-8583
(800) 697-1220
Contacting Resturant is best option when ordering food. Your food will get respect it deserves.
Avoiding using Goldbely.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Ra- whenever possible our partners always combine products into a single box- there are some instances where specific products need to ship separate due to the packaging, but anything requiring ice packs and insulation will always receive them. We don't inventory or ship any products ourselves, so any order you receive is packed and shipped directly from the restaurants themselves- I can assure you nothing is more important to us than the food you order arriving in perfect condition. If any shipment you received arrived in any other condition, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@goldbely.com and we'll immediately make it right for you.
annaq9
2/26/18

I was unaware of the policy surrounding refunds and/or exchanges and that Goldbely decides on a 'case by case basis' in the handling of orders that arrive damaged or not still cold. My most recent order arrived in poor shape due to the dry ice escaping from the unsealed plastic bags. I ordered seafood and dairy so I was not going to take a chance and serve the items delivered. I contacted Goldbely in short order and was surprised to find that even though orders are done on a 24/7 basis, their customer care department is only available Monday thru Friday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Once Goldbely reached out three days later, I was given a satisfactory resolution in that they would resend another order of the ruined products that I received. However, going forward I will be more cautious in what I order for fear that I may be stuck with spoiled products and not given a remedy.

Response from Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Hi Anna- I'm sorry to hear you had an issue with your delivery, but as you saw first hand, we always do everything we can to make it right. You are correct that our customer service phone number is only Monday - Friday, however we do offer online email support on Saturday as well. There are no refunds or exchanges as we only ship perishable food, however we always make sure our customers only have the best experience and will always reship or refund if an order doesn't arrive in perfect condition. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help in the mean time.

Hi Lisa! all of our products are prepared fresh and sent directly from the restaurant/food shop you ordered from. All of the quality control or any other issues are covered by Goldbely, so if there are any issues you should just reach out to us directly at support@goldbely.com. Thanks for exploring with us!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Have to recommend against it. Not worth the price for what you get (2 small frozen pies). Not worth the packaging materials that have to get thrown away (big styrofoam). Joes in NYC rocks, but this doesn't taste like the real thing. Maybe it's the freezing / reheating process - don't know, but it's not worthy.

By Gil S.

Hi Samantha- Goldbely ships the best, most iconic food in the US directly to your door from the very people who produce it. If you have any more questions or are looking for any suggestions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com Thanks!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Kenneth! All bagels are made fresh to order, so they would be baked on the 10th and shipped out via next day delivery so they arrive to you on the 11th less than 24 hours out of the oven. Hope that helps!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi! It's only for mail order- please let us know if you have any other questions!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Deborah- I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with your order. We do everything we can to lower the costs as much as possible, but at the end of the day we're reliant on low price shipping from FedEx and UPS to deliver. We continually work to lower prices though, so please keep an eye out. As for your refund, please email support@goldbely.com and we'll be able to get you taken care of. Thanks

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Rebecca! I'm not sure why you're having issues with reaching us, but please feel free to reach out to us at support@goldbely.com and I'll ensure that you get a response immediately. You can also feel free to respond to this with your order number and I'll get on it here as well. I don't know why FedEx would tell you an order was cancelled as they have no insight into a label after it's created- and they certainly can't see our order management system. Please let us know how we can help!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for reaching out. We're working on reviews for the individual products, but in the mean time if you have questions on anything or would like any recommendations, please feel free to reach out to our team at support@goldbely.com and we'll help you! Eat Well & Prosper! Capt. Goldbely

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Roy! Thanks for reaching out to us. Our team can be reached at the phone number in the top right of our website- but here it is so you don't have to check it :) 888-675-6892. You can also reach our team via live chat or email at support@goldbely.com Thanks for exploring with us!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative

Hi Patricia! Sorry to hear you're having issues. I'm going to send you an email now to resolve. Thanks!

By Melissa D., Goldbely Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Goldbely staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Goldbely