Glowpower.ie

Glowpower.ie has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate Glowpower.ie?

“Major billing issues & incompetent support staff.”

Kevin C.
9/7/20

I recently swtiched energy supppliers from Electric Ireland to Glowpower, a new entry iinto the energy supply market in Ireland (Australian Company). A decision I have seriously regretted ever since. Since I have signed up, every single bill I have received has been wildly innacurate despite having supplied meter readings. On one occassion, they were trying to charge me almost €1000 where my average monthly bill is about €80.00. I contacted 4 different people in the company over a 3 week period before it was resolved. Each time I explained in detail the issue. Each time I was told it would be resolved. On 3 occassions they did not resolve it and sent me the same €1000 bill again. Only after I requested a complaint number and threatened to escalate to the regulator was I able to get it resolved. I made this request twice before a manager contacted me. I was still not issued with a complaint number. I contacted the regulator to request advice as the company were not following their own procedures and would not issue me with a complaint number. All they did was tell me what the procedurte was which I was aware of. I clearly asked for advice on what to do when the company were refusing to follow their own procedures. So the staff member in the Regulators office did not either read my email correctly or misunderstood it. With all that said. It is not worth all the agro. I just have to double check my bills each month and continue to correct them. My advice is to stay away and stick to the established providers. Less likely to have issues and more likely to find it easier to resolve issues.

kevinc532
September 7th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
As these are a new company and are having serious billing issues , I would avoid signing up for now. Give them another year and seeif they get their house in order.

Products used:
Electricity supply.

Put simply, a better price. Also environmental reasons as they provide renewable energy.

By Kevin C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Glowpower.ie staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glowpower.ie?

Have a question about Glowpower.ie?