Review of Fry's

2018 Customer choice award

100 reviews with 1 star

nicoler217
12/15/18

I specifically ordered a certain type of ink. I remember being extremely careful about the one i chose. When i received it, it turned out to be a different type of ink that they shipped. I tried to retun it and spoke with a manager named Craig, all he said was its been opened so we cant return$70 down the drain and no help from them. Never ordering from here again.

harjinderd1
12/2/18

I bought samsung 65 on black friday,3 days later has some issue,they do't want return,because i contact to samsung.NEVER GO BACK SHOPING TO FRY

danielm725
11/19/18

I purchased a X-Box One S Bundle with Battlefied V online. Part of the reason was they offered free same day delivery. I was supposed to receive a confirmation email within 20 minutes, but never did. 6 hours later, I sent an email stating I never received a confirmation email and it was now 6 hours later. 30 minutes later, I get an email that my order had been cancelled.

Contacted the store the next day and was told this was a Black Friday ad that was released early and they wouldn't deliver it, even though it stated right in the ad that there was free delivery. I had to come in the store and pick it up. I told them I still wanted it and asked them if they would hold it for me. Flat out told me no, he couldn't do that. I was flabergasted at the total disregard for what they advertised and that they wouldn't do anything to take care of me. This isn't the first time I have had a terrible experience with these guys and would warn everybody that this company doesn't stick behind there advertising and could care less what we want.

jackk154
10/20/18

I drove there this morning to buy a Samsung UN43NU6900 43" TV. It was in an ad for today only, in store only for $299.99 with code 7152311. They said they had one but "couldn't" find it when they went to look for it. Meanwhile, while waiting, I heard one of the salesmen tell the other he wanted one to take home. I could understand if they only had one left and the salesman wanted to buy it himself, but I don't like being lied to. Asked to se a manager and was told I would have to go up front. There was none in office and I was told I'd have to wait in the return line. I gave up. Very disappointed...

willw54
10/4/18

I bought a GTX 1060 video card from Fry's two days ago, and my computer could not detect it, I've tried on two different computers and still could not fix it. So I went back there to return it. But Fry's refused to return, they said they don't let anyone return any video cards anymore. It is completely not returnable. The cocky manager said to me rudely "We changed our return policy last year to not let any one return a video card because of the mining ppl. You have to contact the manufacture to have a replacement if it's defective." And I said you guys changed the return policy without letting customer knows. And that $#*! said "Oh, it doesn't matter. "This item can not be returned" is printed on the receipt. Now I realized how stupid I am. Why I came to local store for shopping??? I can go buy anything on Amazon with my Prime membership and return it without any hassle, why the $#*! I went to Fry's??

I have to keep this defective card for now and contact manufacture for a replacement which could be done in next two months?? $#*! my holiday season without having a working video card??? Are you $#*!ing kidding me, Fry's???

You all should never buy a thing at Fry's again!!

tonyd181
10/1/18

I ordered a scooter online. Counted on for gift, they called day of delivery saying " do not know whey THEY let you order". "We do not have that scooter. " Then tried to sell me on a far inferior scooter for more money . When I asked if they could at least match the price of the better scooter they refused. They would do nothing to honor my completed order .

richardm740
9/8/18

As a as a public service, I would warn any consumer to stay away from FRYS.
Cannot find help, when you find an employee they are rude and do not know their products.
Do not waste your money with this company, any other electronics store is better.
Buyer be warned!!

seans179
8/4/18

I bought a Soleus FE2-12BA 12000 BTU A/C . the sign on it said it would work in a room that is 450sf -550st i put it in a room that is 155 sf it doesn't do anything unless you sit right in front on it. It is way to week to cool a even 155sf. I brought it back to the store and they refused to exchange the unit because they could feel cold air blowing out. They said the unit would have to be defective to exchange it. I the unit doesn't preform as advertised wouldn't that be considered defective. The manager Sam Mikeuc said the best he could do is give me 50% off a second unit! This store is a ripoff they don't back the products they sell or honor their own policies the will change it as they see fit! I wouldn't buy anything from these scam artist and their customer service suck too!!!!!

koeo
6/18/18

I bought a piece of software that was supposed to speed up my computer. Instead, it rendered some elements inoperable until I did a system restore. Then it slowed it down until I eventually undid the install. After a web search, I realized this program is KNOWN to have such effects, but Fry's sells it anyway and continues to. They take zero accountability and refuse a refund because it is opened software. Online customer service was non-responsive. The first gentleman on the phone wasn't helpful at all, then the manager was a condescending, um, less-than-helpful person. I'm contesting the charge with Visa and will never shop with Fry's again.

jefferyw20
5/31/18

Online order a TV via Fry's website. Credit card been charged and delivery scheduled been set. However no one delivery; no one contact me for further solutions.

royd70
5/28/18

Bought a 65" QLED Samsung TV from Frys website and had it delivered. Upon turning it on there is a 3" crack in the screen at the top . Called Frys right away and they said i have to bring it back to the store for a manager to look at it. Took it to City of Industry store and the manager said i must have damaged it and nothing he could do about it. Theres no way I damaged it and now Im stuck with a cracked screen. Nect step is small claims court.

terryg78
4/23/18

I purchased Turbo Tax from Frys.com because they offered a great price. However, Turbo Tax did not calculate my taxes correctly. I was told that I needed to purchase a more expensive version of Turbo Tax. But I didn't have the money to do that, so I asked for a refund.
They were happy to take my money, but when the product they sold me did not meet my needs, they refused any kind of refund. This was not my first problem with Fry's, but it definitely will be my last. They have screwed me over for the last time.

scotth192
4/7/18

I purchased a coax stripper and RG5 "F" compression CATV connectors at the Renton, WA Fry's Electronics store. I tried to return both items in unopened packages to the store and provided the original receipt. I was told by the clerk that I could not return these items because more than 30 days had elapsed. The 30 day return policy was not shown on the receipt nor is the policy posted in a readily visible location in the store. Furthermore, neither item is subject to obsolescence since both are still available in the store. I have purchased other items from Fry's electronics in other states and have not had a similar experience. Fry's electronics is clearly not interested in me as a customer so I will not waste my time in Fry's Electronics stores again.

sagarp7
1/16/18

We ordered a Raspberry Pi 3 B on December 29, for my son's birthday, and it was supposed to arrive on January 4th. It's January 16th the day I am posting this, and it is still not there yet. Both me and my son are VERY disappointed. We emailed them TWICE and still no response. TERRIBLE SERVICE AND YOU WON'T GET ANYTHING ON TIME!!!

toniaw3
12/27/17

Order wireless headphone as a gift. They would never even charge much less turn on. Was on hold with customer service for almost an hour just for them to tell me there is nothing they can do if I don't have the original box even though I have the receipt. Seems to me that they look for any and every reason to get and keep your money. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!

jeremyo10
12/22/17

Ordered two items, early black friday while the item said it was in stock. Waited and waited for them to ship it, then about 2 weeks later it updated on their website saying it backordered. It's been over a month, and I get an email saying they don't know when the product is going to be in stock again and if I don't contact them they are going to cancel my order in 30 days.
Absolute nightmare, so much for getting these items in before Xmas.. Why in the WORLD would you have a Black Friday sale you can't back up? Absolute horrible experience, waste of time, money, could of ordered the same item on Amazon for a little more and got it in 2 days. Go Elsewhere!

nareshs4
12/19/17

I placed an order for an Apple Watch on Dec 12, taking advantage of an email promo code. The site said it was in stock and allowed the order to go through. After checking back a week later, the watch showed up as back ordered. Fry's does not send out notifications about problems with your order until it is far too late. Their site still shows it as in stock. I'm going to have to spend significantly more now for the same item to get it in time for Xmas. This is patently deceptive. They oversell all the time and don't have the inventory to back up their orders. Don't bother calling customer support - You'll have a 1 hour minimum hold time, even if they say the wait time is only 5 minutes. They hung up on me when I asked to speak to a supervisor! After I sent them an email, they just cancelled it with no explanation. Avoid, avoid, avoid, especially if you want anything in time for the holidays.

mikea199
11/30/17

Ordered online on Thanksgiving Apple watch with note on the website that all orders need to be picked up on Friday. After 2.5 (two and a half !!!!) hours in line for order pick up sales person took my order and left for 45 minutes only to come back and say that they are out of stock on my ordered watch. Manager that oversaw the online orders said that i can come back when they get stock and buy at the price of my order. I think this was said just to get rid of me as I visited the store today and talked to the store manager. Manager stated that online orders does not mean you get the item, it is on the first serve basis, they are just to help store to make sale.
I gave one star as there is no negative numbers to give

mikek199
11/28/17

Order didn't ship, no information on why. Sat through a 2 hour customer support phone call.

Ordered a item fresh in stock as it came up, I was told that it was backordered with NO expected delivery date. Shame I had to wait until right next to the expected delivery and sit for 2 hours on the phone to be told that.

What would have happened if I didn't call? Terrible service. Avoid Frys at all costs.

maxk39
11/25/17

horrible online ordering, it hasn't been fixed for a long time. according to news articles from the 90s, company has secret internal policy to make it hard for customers to cancel orders "hoops and hurdles" policy. It's still this way.

denm4
11/25/17

Ordered online for pickup and found I must pick up on black friday. Get to the dtore and find I must get in line with the store shoppers. A 4 hour line according to people near the front AND I heard a pickup conversation....after 3 hours in line the order hadn't been picked and wSn't going to be complete!!!!

joeb367
11/13/17

I purchased a computer case on sale with a promo code for $19.99. When I tried to pay for it, I didn't see a place to enter the promo code. I kept thinking that it would come up on the next screen. It never did. So as soon as I realized that I wasn't going the get the sale price, I tried to cancel the order. The site wouldn't let me - said it was already being shipped (for $60). That was 30 seconds after the order was placed. When I called in today to complain, I was told that I should have called them when I didn't see a place to enter the promo code. I will NEVER purchase anything online again with a promo code. Frys, you should be ashamed of yourself.

rodneya28
10/17/17

Won;t refund malfunctioning Xbox One after 15 days of use. Hardware freezes playing offline solo games like Just Cause 3. Won;t refund but will exchange, except there is no date for a new shipment of consoles that they unloaded and do not plan to restock. GARBAGE customer service and GARBAGE 30 day return policy,

Tip for consumers: BUY FROM AMAZON PRIME AND ASSURE YOUR PURCHASES. THEY GOT ME THIS TIME.

conniek46
9/10/17

they are refusing to give us a full refund of an item chased on line that we never received as they sent it to the wrong address, the item cost over $100.00 it was due to the very poor web site that they have. will not due business with them again.

manhn1
9/6/17

purchased a laptop on frys.com used a gift card to pay for it and a credit card. order went through. we got confirmation on the website, so I let the kid play with the gift card.

long story short, the laptop was never shipped, trying to call frys customer service you will have to wait 10-20 minutes average. (first time i called the guy acted like he couldn't hear me and hung up).

they try to call the store to see why it's not shipped and the store customer service won't answer. they will ask for a number to call you back when someone is available (they won't). trying to call them right now the 5th time.

I used to shop at Fry's when I was in the United States and I now live in China and have actually visited a factory where some of the Beats products are manufactured. Fry's products are all genuine products. During my 5+ years of shopping at Fry's, they have always given me excellent service and refunded my purchase price if ever I needed to make a return. If want FAKE products then try a famous auction web site, some no-name web sites with lots of bad English grammar and too-good-to-be-true prices shipped from Asia. Alternatively, you could book a flight to Shenzhen, China and I could introduce you to many Beats counterfeits. Fry's is a great place to shop and I highly recommend them for good price and quality products. I hope you enjoy your new Beats headphones when you finally get them.

By Rick L.

Go somewhere else. Ordered a Samsung 65" QLED from Frys, they delivered it and I opened the box and installed it on the stand we have. When I turned it on it has a 3" crack in the screen at the top center. Called them and was told I have to bring it in the store to have it checked. They concluded it was my fault and would not fix or replace it. Terrible customer service. Two other customers were there trying to return items and they would not take them back. Now we're stuck with a TV that's cracked.

By Roy D.

yes, common over bro

By whatafak w.

5 min

By whatafak w.

Questions? Get answers from the Fry's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Fry's