Review of Frontgate

West Chester, OH 45069, US
publicrelations@frontgate.com

tomw359
4/4/19

This has to be the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with! I used a coupon code for free shipping since they charge astronomical fees. After placing my order, the website CLEARLY showed that the I WAS NOT charged for shipping. I checked my bank statement and noticed Frontgate.com charged me $20.00 extra. I called Frontgate's customer service number and the rep I spoke with told me they will not reimburse me for the shipping charges! Any other business that actually values their customers would refund the shipping, no questions asked. This is the only company I've had this issue with. Totally uncalled for and ridiculous. I will NEVER shop with them again and will be sure to let everyone I know to steer clear of them as well. I'm reporting them to the Better Business Bureau ASAP. Frontgate are a bunch of con artists who completely scammed me.

annaw200
3/16/19

Sent 30 percent off coupon for being a valued customers. Placed order used code and the site jacked the price up and doubled the shipping. It would have been cheaper to just order regular. I called customer service and they didn't offer to do anything. No more ordering from this company again. Plus there resort towels lose there color after a few washing, even in cold water

joshuaw274
1/29/19

I will never buy another frontgate product after this last experience. We are on our third time trying to get JB Hunt to ship as they have either cancelled or not showed up twice since the original order being placed. Horrible experience, horrible people, horrible product and horrible service.

Done

damiann9
9/25/18

order number W8019722 placed 5/15/2018

I ordered a outdoor set mid may 2018. It was supposed to be delivered in a month. A month goes by no delivery, no communication. Hours on customer service, will be delivered in a month. Month goes by and same thing. Hours again of our time. Then finally about three months after our order part of it arrives but one item is wrong. It gets replaced by the wrong item. Then this happens again, it gets replaced by the wrong item. Now 4 months after our 7K order we have no idea when we will get our patio furniture, its end of September and the summer is over. Never ever ever ever, even if your tempted, ever order from here. Why can't I give 0 stars? Look at the reviews, the only 5 star is a 5 negative star review! I am posting this review on every site I possible can, doing my best to make no one ever spends their hard earned money at this website.

jf222
9/24/18

I recently attempted to purchase the Edison Game Table and Chair set listed on Frontgate's website. At the time of purchase it was advertised at $1899.00 with a 25% discount. In the ad it clearly states the set includes the game table and chairs. During checkout, I noticed only the table was listed in my cart. I called the company before placing my order and was told the chairs were sold separately at $899.00 a piece. Nowhere in the add does it mention this fact! The advertising is clearly misleading and deceptive.

robinp148
8/25/18

I ordered personalized disposable hand towels for my powder room. I did not receive what I ordered. The towels should read Petkunas, I ordered correcly. I received towels that read Pelkunas. I reached out to customer service to explain the problem and asked them to send my towels that read, Petkunas. The customer service rep said she couldn't do anything. Very sad to know they do not stand behind their products nor their mistake. I have never had a problem with Frontgate and have been a customer for many years. Things have definitely changed with this company, Will not order from Frontgate again.

jbm6
2/6/18

Delivery took much longer than estimated. Once the delivery company got the items, they were booked out for more than 2 weeks, so my item sat in a warehouse for 3 weeks.

2 Attempts at delivery and each time multiple aspects of the products were damaged!!!

Customer service at Frontgate is terrible. Often times you wait for 20+ minutes to get a supervisor on the phone.

I am a long time Restoration Hardware customer and it is clear that they blow Front gate out of the water in regards to quality of products, customer service, support and delivery experience.

This is the hand-sown the last time i will shop at Frontgate

lynnek21
10/26/17

I thought I would buy 2 overpriced items but since I had 2 sales codes one for 20% and the other for 25% I decided to go ahead and purchase them. When I tried to put the order in online it would only give me the discount on the $30 item not the $395 item. I read all the disclaimers and couldn't see how they would apply so I called the service. She guaranteed me that it would work so I tried doing the order with her and she had a difficult time understanding me and I had to repeat everything many times. When she got to the total it was no cheaper and she said she didn't know why. Anyway I then talked to a manager and she said that ---items were all excluded even the the 20% sale said it was storewide. I looked at the catalog and most items were the ---items that are excluded. Well after 4 hours of messing around I cancelled the order.

robertk259
9/28/17

Trust me, unless you want to give up your income, don't use this company. >1 month waiting on pick of item, gave up a days pay waiting and they didn't show up to get it.

suzyz1
9/17/17

I ordered three (3) replacement tips for my riiviva microdermabrasion device, and paid $61.45. My order was delivered faster then expected, however, the tips were "horrible counterfeits" that did not even fit, and are unusable to me. I am writing this review after several attempts to have them correct the problem. My emails have gone totally unanswered! I am very frustrated and disappointed! Order#: W6373901

heatherk61
8/9/17

Customer service is the worst! They refused to take a return on a defective product that was gifted to me. I did not have a recipe or order # so they told me to have the person who gave it to me to call them. I explained that I was not going to tell that person that their gift fell apart and that it was a Frontgate product only made and sold only by them. Further I offered to take pictures of it and send it to them. They refused to come up with an alternative solution to accommodate me. I even spoke to a supervisor who was just as unaccommodating . I have had to return gifts before to other vendors without proof of purchase and I've never had this problem especially when it's a proprietary product .

jennib12
6/16/17

I purchased a teak shower rack years (item# 40855) came to us all mold (defective wood). I reached out to Charles Jacoby their head guro (past contact person who helped me before) and he offered to refund that rack back, as well as send a NEW replacement (very generous). We have had the new rack packed up in our climate controlled garage (Frontgate blames us for improper storage, RIGHT...) and recently about three months back pulled the new rack out and used it. The teak shelves were coming off after a few weeks (reaching for the shampoo bottle and it flung off) it was junky! I called the company and they arranged a return of the item, authorized a return label (requested a gift card and or replace the product with another). I used their pre-paid label and dropped it off at UPS. A few months have gone by (recently in 2017) and I called them to find out about the package (2 months now) and they were finally able to track the product, it was taken in on Jan 18th (from Elizabeth shipping manager at F.G.). She needed the invoice which was supplied in the package. I had misplaced the copy of the invoice but they did have the product back (confirmed). When I reached out to Charles Jacoby in Feb., he appeared willing to help but now he said I am out of luck on the item and they won't stand behind their own product warranty, FRONTGATE GUARANTEE: At Frontgate, our primary focus is quality. We guarantee that every product we sell will stand up to the supreme test - our customers' satisfaction. It does not sit well with us that they are keeping the product and no gift card and or replacement of product (per our request as well as arrangement we made well before we mailed it back to them). We feel very ripped off now! We reached out to their local BBB and after a few back and forth reports they basically dropped the complaint. If Frontgate had not agreed to take the item back in and not sent me a return label and not authorized to start that porcess it would be different. In our neck of the woods that stealing and it does not sit well with us that they never sent that item back and they kept it (broken or not). Lousy ordeal! They had a new manager contact us and she called in to get the matter settled and all she did was go over the same details and was offering no solution! I told her to call me back when she has a proper resolution and hung up the phone... calling a customer to argue, who needs that. The original founder Paul Tarvin of Frontgate was outstanding! Since Frontgate's inception, the focus has always been on courteous, personalized attention, NOT ANYMORE. They are being run by whoever now and it's lousy with a higher end catalog company (image they want to be so prestine) to treat any customer this way. Sure if this happened to them they would feel ripped off too!

andrewg123
6/15/17

This is a rug i purchased from Frontgate. It only lasted 6 months of use and fell apart. It was not in a high traffic area. The told me it only has a 90 day guarantee. The rug was very poorly made. This Classy company offered me a 37.50 gift certificate(wow) Finally after several email to different people they gave me a $100.00 certificate and canceled the 37.50.
Ordered a new rug and it came in damaged. They said the 30% discount did not apply to the rug i wanted and would not discount the rug. Also the could not apply the gift Certificate to the new purchase until they received the rug in return. so now i have to wait 7 days for the rug to get back to them and then wait another few days for the new rug. For a company that offers high class Products worry about a small purchase.

debrac79
6/5/17

I as a working girl could not afford much from Frontgate without the sales. I have bought many things from blankets to the candles, and have never been disappointed. Do not change a thing Frontgate, you are the best!

annef46
3/14/17

I've ordered from them and I've watched the practices closely. If they offer a large discount from time to time beware that the shipping charges are increased. The change their sale prices at a whim. I watched something that went from 249.00 to 149 to 199. They have somethings that are nice but not for the price they charge.
WATCH OUT

vivianv13
2/23/17

FG does not publish the manufacturer of their products. There is a table lamp on their site Pearl Collage for $995. This lamp is manufactured by Bradburn Gallery and MSRP is $660. Stores are selling it for $555 and with coupons, can get it for under $500, no shipping charges. They are doubling the price of everything. Consumer beware! Also, their shipping charges are outrageous! And if you return something, you lose a great deal of money - the original shipping charges which are quite hefty plus the shipping cost to return. I have ordered many items from FG and did not realize this until now, especially the fact that they don't publish the manufacturer of the product and they double the MSRP price.

allisonw34
2/22/17

PLEASE SEE THAT UPPER MGM'T RECEIVES THIS CONTACT. I encourage you to go to Yelp and read the reviews posted on FG. I am obviously not the only customer that is displeased with your customer service and considering that FG has "monopolized" nothing, I would assume that these reviews would be a concern. After several unnecessary calls to FG it was determined through your reps that the reason that my credit card shows my order as pending as of Feb. 3rd (even though it has clearly been processed, cleared, shipped and even received since Feb. 16), therefor showing a duplicate charge and reducing my available credit, is because of PayPal. After contacting PayPal because your reps were politely of no assistance and I was never able to speak to mgm't direct, PayPal explained that the charge continued to show as pending because FG did not mark the transaction as "completed". This makes sense considering I NEVER have problems using PayPal. The obvious variable here is FG. We are remodeling a 4000 sq./ft. home and my intention was to place a very large order with FG. That will no longer be occurring. I refuse to have the available credit on my card tied up due to FG's incompetency. Right now PayPal has assured me that the transaction will "fall off" on its on accord within 30 days, but why should a customer have to wait for this? My hope is that this contact reaches the hands of those who have a vested interest in the success of FG. Poor customer service will undoubtedly catch up with FG eventually, and as a multiple business owner correcting this issues would be of my utmost concern. You are welcome to call or email me, but regardless of contact, I will not be placing a 2nd order with FG and I couldn't possibly recommended them to another.

marys423
12/9/16

I just received 5 luminara candles with remotes! These are soooo well made and awesome. I had all 5 on at the same time and used the remote (works on all at the same time) to turn them off, so easy and they are beautiful also. I will be ordering more. Totally recommend these!!!

mikes464
11/6/16

Used to be a decent seller; customer service now sucks!! Web site sales do not honor promotions; products are decent but over priced; on a scale of 1-10 for products & quality of service compared to say, LLBean, LLB=8; Frontgate=1

Will not use again

neilc49
11/1/16

Frontgate.com sucks. That's the truth of it.

Did I get my item I paid for? Yes, eventually. Would I buy anything from frontgate.com again? No.

I ordered a $300 item and then was told it would be shipped in "about 2 months". It was a seasonal item so 2 months later and summer is over. The site didn't indicate any of this upon ordering.

It finally came (2.5 months later) and the website order status page indicate 3 pieces to be shipped and only 2 have been.

To be frank in the world of Amazon Prime and virtually immediate shipping of products from most major online retailers I am surprised how this company stays in business. It is not like their products beat out in the price or quality department either. The site is beautiful for the BUYING part (go figure) but useless after that.

robinj39
10/21/16

I ordered a rollaway bed for my mother who was having hip surgery. Since we have stairs, she needed the bed to sleep on downstairs. I searched the internet and found a what looked like a plush rollaway bed from from frontgate. I ordered it on a Friday and requested the next day delivery service. Well they took the money immediately, but was extremely slow about sending a confirmation request. I called om Friday and was told it could take a couple of hours to receive an email so I waited. Saturday morning, still no confirmation so I called again and was told the bed was on back order and that my order was not even in their system and did not even take the money. So they said they could run my card again, but I'd get the bed on Tuesday. I said "ok" because my mother was due home the following day. They also offered to not charge shipping. Monday rolls around no confirmation no tracking. But they took an extra $200 out of my account. With taxes, that was close to $500 out of my account. I called back and was put on hold for a long time AND they wanted to run my card AGAIN! By this time, I wanted an absolute return of all my money. They refunded my money, but I made sure my bank knew to update my account and make sure that all funds were returned. I hate I had to do a bad review because their pictures display quality products. I just hate the service didn't match.

danielleu1
10/21/16

I ordered a log rack, which I received quickly. The box in which the rack was packaged was damaged and bag of screws, washers, etc. was open and spilled out, with several missing. When I called and politely requested they be replaced, was told they would be sent immediately and should arrive within "a few days" Ten days later I call and am told they haven't entered my request yet. This is after being on hold forever and transferred to be on hold again, and have to repeat my order number and story yet again. For the price, I think I can do much better in the future. Too much competition to put up with such sloppy service

jenniferh211
9/20/16

We decided to splurge and order a really nice set of outdoor furniture for our deck. In May, we placed an order for a couch, 2 chairs, 2 ottomans, and a coffee table that were listed as available on June 20. The cost was well over $5,000. In June we received the coffee table and the 2 ottomans - no couch, no chairs. We spent the entire summer with no furniture, because Frontgate kept sending us emails pushing the delivery date back. Being an optimist, I kept believing, looking forward to our nice new furniture. We had people over; we sat on the coffee table and folding chairs and laughed about it. The latest email now says it will be delivered the very end of September - I don't believe it. Summer is over, and it's almost time to put away the non-existent furniture. I called to cancel the order and return the coffee table and ottoman's that go with the phantom furniture. I was told that it is up to me to purchase boxes, pack the items and drag the ottomans and coffee table to a UPS store to return them. The coffee table won't fit in our cars. After arguing, they agreed to send a truck to pick up the coffee table, but I still had to pack and send the ottomans. Why is this my problem? Why can't the truck just take everything? They inconvenienced us by lying about the availability date of the furniture and only shipping a couple of the items (I'm assuming to try to force us to wait for the rest), and now want me to buy boxes and packing to get the stuff back to them. As Taylor Swift says, "...never ever ever ever..." again. Goodbye Frontgate, and good riddance.

sotirp
8/25/16

Just be aware that when Frontage product you purchase starts falling apart there is no recourse for repairs but to buy new again. Outdoor furniture purchased within 24-36 months have deteriorated to the point that their use is limited. Frontage does not repair or provide the name of the manufacturer or a company name that is familiar with repairs even if its a manufacturer's defect. Buyer beware!

kimberlyc61
8/10/16

I have place an order with "FRONTGATE" the first person that I spoke to was friendly and made me feel at ease when placing my order for OPTIMA BEVERAGE TUB, I was told that my order was a signature item and therefor it would NOT be considered for their special 25 Year promotion deal which is 25% off. I went and told the person on line that I was disappointed because there 25 Year Anniversary and they would exclude small item such as Beverage Tub. However I said that I have $50 gift card from Christmas and if I can use that. The operator said that would be ok and she would be able to place my order. When I grabbed my gift card for $50 I was reading the number to the operator and noticed in a very small writing that there was Expiration of 03/2016. I told the operator that I had not known that there was expiration attached to my gift card. She said that she is NOT able to help me but I can speak to her supervisor. I went ahead and re-explained my entire problem and supervisor told me that theres nothing she can do to help me. The car I received was sent out in December and theres NO way for them to look into expired card. I asked nicely that its a lot of money to be just wasted and if theres anything that can be done to look into the expired gift card. Its not that I was not buying I was and all I wanted to do was use my gift card that was given to me. I was told that sorry theres NOTHING the she can do even if I give her number on the back of the card, shes not able to help me. Told her that I have been a loyal customer and she said thanks but still cant help. Its safe to say that I have been so disappointed that I will NOT be buying from FRONTGATE again. I feel is that I should have been helped and theres always ways of looking gift cards up in the system. This particular manager didnt want to do her work and seemed too busy to even speak with me. Customer service supervisor was NOT friendly or helpful.
I am so disappointed and will never attempt to order anything from them again.

It depends.

By BG b.
Questions? Get answers from the Frontgate staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Frontgate