Review of Freshly

Gourmet, Chef Made Meals Delivered To Your Door
Learn More

sherylr33
8/21/18

Most meals are spectacular! Seasoned just right. Look forward to trying them all. Like that I can easily change the choices or even skip a week

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Sheryl! I'm very happy to hear that you've been enjoying the meals and service thus far!
sydneyp18
8/21/18

Freshly makes my life easy by basically meal prepping a variety of delicious, healthy meals for me. I've been ordering for a few months now and haven't had a meal I didn't like.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Sydney! I hope you continue to love the meals!
lauran112
8/21/18

I love to get my weekly meals and to try new things each week. The meals are all ready in around 3 minutes and taste delicious. I have recommended the service to multiple friends and family.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Laura! I'm so happy to hear that you've been enjoying the meals. Thank you for spreading the Freshly word to your friends and family!
kellys397
8/20/18

The quality of food from freshly is great- always high quality and tasty meals. However, there have been multiple occasions in which our delivery was delayed. As a dual working family working 50+ hours a week and planning for these meals to be delivered on time, this is a huge inconvenience for us.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, Kelly. I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble experienced with your deliveries! Please know that we take any and all delivery issues extremely seriously. I've reached out to you in a private message as well, so I can ensure our Delivery Specialist is aware and has followed up with our carriers. I absolutely understand your frustrations, and I certainly hope we'll be able to correct this issue and make this up to you in the future!
lorim237
8/16/18

Although the taste of the food is just okay and the price is high for a microwaved meal ($10 per meal), it gives me the gluten-free, high protein food I need. It is convenient and easier to do when only cooking for one.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for taking the time to review Freshly, Lori! I'm sorry to hear that you aren't fully satisfied with our service, but I am happy to hear that our service has been so helpful and convenient for you. I hope as we grow we'll be able to offer more variety on our menu, and you'll find some new favorites that you'll love!
Thank you again for reviewing Freshly!
stellap27
8/16/18

I hate to cook. I hate to smell like food. I know it's crazy, when you love food as much as I do. And I know there are people out there who think it's crazy, but I don't like to smell it on my clothes or in my hair... it reminds me of the bygone years where this is what women must have smelt like all the time. And yet, here I am, an amazing cook with too little time and no desire to spend it in the kitchen, and why should I have to?

When you're a creative and delicious cook it's hard not to have good quality food, especially when you think: I could have cooked something better at home... but then I would smell like garlic and oil, etc..

I love freshly because it is exactly as described: fresh. Never frozen and you can tell. I don't know how it stays so fresh, honestly. What is your secret? But it makes working two jobs and eating well/health/delicious meals affordable and easy. And honestly affordable and easy is what I want everything in my life to be (:

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Stella! I'm absolutely thrilled to hear that you've been enjoying the meals and find they fit perfectly into your busy lifestyle. We hope you continue to love the meals!
jamesw886
8/15/18

I have enjoyed the meals from Freshly for about a month. They are quite flavorful and delicious! And, of course, quick and easy to prepare. Also, I find the portion sizes quite adequate for a healthy appetite.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, James! I truly appreciate your kind words, and I'm so glad to hear that you've been enjoying the meals and service!
charlsah
8/14/18

The meals have been good but I cannot seem to get them delivered in time to enjoy them. I would like to be able to count on them. I have not been able to try the various meals due to lack of inconsistency of delivery.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Charlsa, and I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with your recent deliveries! Please know that we take delivery issues extremely seriously, as it's certainly never our intention to not have your meals arrive as scheduled.

I absolutely understand your concerns and frustration with not being able to count on the delivery, and I’ve reached out to you in a private message as well, in hopes our Delivery Specialist and I will be able to correct this issue with our carriers. I truly hope we’ll be able to make this up to you in the future!
susana346
8/14/18

The food is sooo good! I'm hooked!! It's not frozen... it's fresh to your door! I could never season food this good the way it's seasoned! So easy!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Susan! I'm so glad to hear that you've been loving the meals!
cyndap
8/14/18

They deliver a variety of prepared meals. Takes about 3 minutes in the microwave. Some are better than others - but better than frozen microwave dinners. Reasonable cost for a food delivery service - wish they had more more choices but it is really convenient.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review and feedback, Cynda! I'm so glad you've enjoyed the meals thus far, and I hope we'll have some new meals that you'll love very soon!
michelleb535
8/14/18

I've enjoyed what meals I've been able to get so far, but we try hard to stick to a paleo diet and the selections are incredibly limited and I after only a few weeks have gotten bored with the few I've been able to select. PLEASE add more paleo items and rotate them. I've not even been able to select three a week!!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Michelle! I appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us, and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been fully satisfied with our selections. The good news is, we do have a new paleo-friendly option coming to our menu in the next few weeks, Jamaican-Style Jerk Chicken with Cauliflower Rice and Mango Salsa! I hope we'll have even more new meals that you'll love very soon!
lauraf190
8/13/18

I absolutely love freshly! Currently, I struggle with my work life balance. Before freshly, I would get home late and eat poorly. Now, my lunches and dinners are planned. I am eating healthier and overall I feel better! I have already lost 5 pounds since starting freshly, and my goal is to lose another 20. The food is great! I am very happy with the service and quality.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for taking the time to review Freshly, Laura. Congratulations on your success, and I'm thrilled to hear that Freshly could be a part of this! I hope you continue to enjoy all of the meals, and that we can help you reach your goals!
albertaw6
8/12/18

Its amazing that you find a dish thata prepared for you that is full of flavor and great source of protein delivered to tour front door! At a awesome price cant beat this deal nor great taste

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Alberta! I truly appreciate your kind words, and I'm so glad you've been loving the meals!
dinor20
8/10/18

Easy to order, pick food, change, and receive. The food is very good and there are options to serve and add spices. There is probably a good reason, but I do wish the plastic top came off easier after cooking.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Dino, and for your feedback! I absolutely understand your concern with the plastic seal. We want to ensure that your meals stay nice and tightly sealed in transit, but also want them to peal off easily when you're ready to eat! I can assure you that our team is looking into alternative options as we grow!
kathyb357
8/10/18

I have enjoyed each meal that I have eaten. So wonderful to come home from work and have a delicious meal prepared.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Kathy! I'm thrilled to hear that you've been enjoying the meals!
jeffs540
8/10/18

Service was good. Food quality was good and tasted good. But high to very high sodium levels for many meals. Buffalo chicken was nearly 1,100. Ouch!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your feedback, Jeff! I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been fully satisfied with the nutritional breakdown of your meals.

As a little background on Freshly, we create our menu around nutrient-dense veggies, high-quality proteins, and healthy fats, and season our meals using sea salt, herbs, and spices. We never use flavor enhancers or other artificial ingredients that can drive unhealthy levels of sodium.

The sodium in our meals is a combo of sodium that’s naturally occurring in the ingredients themselves (a medium carrot has about 50 mg of sodium alone!), and a mineral-dense sea salt that we use to season our meals. (We encourage our customers to add any additional seasonings based on their personal preferences.) Our meals average about 700 mg of sodium per dish, which is less than a third of the FDA’s daily recommendation of 2,300 mg. We always offer a range of dishes under 600 mg.
We work hard to offer a better, fresher alternative to other convenience-type or packaged foods that are high in sodium. For example, our Sicilian-Style Chicken Parm contains about 580 mg of sodium, while a similar dish at a local chain restaurant may contain between 2,500-3,000 mg of sodium.

We recently launched a sort feature in the top right hand corner of the "Choose Meals" page as well, so you can sort by sodium, from lowest to highest (some of our meals are as low as 300-400 mg). This tool is useful if you have a specific nutritional preference or goal in mind!
heidil63
8/9/18

Makes it so easy to feed my husband healthy meals even when I don't have time to cook. Saves me so much time. The meals taste great and are easy to prepare

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Heidi! I'm so glad our service has been helping you and your husband. I hope you continue to enjoy!
cindyr159
8/9/18

This is our first experience with mail-order meals. So far, the food has been good and since everything arrives prepared, it is extremely easy. The portions are little bit smaller than we usually eat, but that gives us portion control, so guess it's a good thing.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Cindy! I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying the meals, and I appreciate your feedback about our portion sizes!
carolw303
8/8/18

Food doesn't look anything like pictures. In the peppercorn steak, the potatoes are runny, no gravy on meat and meat is smaller than pictures.

Odd taste to some meals. Had to throw out. I would like to cancel my orders.
More food wasted than we eat.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, Carol, and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been enjoying your meals! Feedback is imperative for our chefs, as we're constantly working to better our meals and recipes. For these reasons I have ensured your feedback is passed along so they can investigate further!

In the meantime, I did reach out to you in a PM to see if I can assist further with your subscription. I haven't heard back, but if I can assist, please feel free to reach out!
stevens478
8/7/18

Perfect solution for my wife and I on those hectic weeknights when we get home late from work or a workout and are ravenous but don't want to feel guilty spending too much money going out or eating unhealthy fast food.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Steven! I'm very glad to hear that you and your wife have been enjoying the meals!
michelleb530
8/7/18

One delivery so far showed up 1 day late. One delivery didn't show up at all. I spoke with customer service and they were very nice. Hopefully we will receive the next delivery. Not a lot of change in the available meals. We are diabetic so keeping our carbs down there has been less to choose from. Taste of the meals are average to good.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
I'm so very sorry to hear about the trouble with your deliveries, Michelle! I can assure you that we take delivery issues extremely seriously, as it's certainly never our intention to not have your meals arrive as scheduled. I've reached out to you in a PM so I can try and assist further. Please don't hesitate to reach out if I can help!
vickig51
8/7/18

We have really enjoyed freshly. Most meals we would give 3-4 stars but the convenience of it is definitely 5 star. Plus with the meals being so healthy it's an added bonus.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, Vicki! I'm thrilled to hear that you've been enjoying the service, and I do appreciate your feedback regarding the meals. I hope we'll have some new meals on the menu soon that you'll love!
paulon5
8/3/18

Freshly has been a great time saver. It is a bit expensive at being about $10 a meal, but the food is delicious, healthy, and I've even lost weight since subscribing. The price is the $#*! thing that really bothers me about the service. If it was back to the trail period price, I would see myself as a lifetime subscriber.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review and feedback, Paulo! I will certainly share your thoughts regarding our prices with our team!
davidr939
8/3/18

Wasn't sure how i felt about microwave meals but these are not only delicious but healthy and fresh... have since increased my number of meals a week i love them so much.. have been telling everyone i know about them!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, David! I'm thrilled to hear that you've been loving the meals!
kirklands
8/1/18

My last order was a day late and was busted all up!!! Customer service has been great have always taking care of me. Had to throw my last order and the trash !!!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, Kirk! I'm very sorry to hear of your recent order! I did some investigating on our end, and I see that FedEx had noted your delivery was dropped off on the date expected, but that you didn't receive the package until the following day. I'm very glad one of our Support Team members could assist, and advise the meals be disposed, not only as the box was not up to our standards, but as your meals had been in transit for over two days. I can also assure you that our Delivery Specialist was made aware of this, and is investigating further with FedEx.

I'm very sorry again Kirk, and I do hope we'll be able to make this up to you in the future! Of course, please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can ever do to help!
50 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Lisa, It definitely depends on your body composition as well as what you might be eating and drinking outside of our meals. :) We've had customer experience significant weight loss, while others kind of just maintain. If you have a decent amount of weight to lose, and you stick to the high protein, high healthy fat, low carb, low sugar nutritional plan that our meals follow, you could easily lose 10-25 pounds in about 3-4 weeks. Again, it all depends! :)

By Jashana C.

The ice packs were almost melted after 2-day shipping & sitting outside for 3-4 hours, but the 6 meals were still cold! I ate the first 6 meals within 3 days (lunch & dinner) & immediately reviewed each one on Freshly's website. I spread out the next 6 meals (delivered a week later) over 5 days, and finished meal #6 today from the last delivery - still cold & no problem with it. The 4th week's meals are due to be delivered tomorrow. I considered food that has been cooked already should stay good for 6 days. Hope this helps!

By Moms H.

Brittini is correct! :-)

By Jashana C.

That is correct! Just click the image on the website (freshly.com/on-the-menu) for the dishes you're interested in and that will pull up.

By Jashana C.

Herb is correct! Each meal is technically 1.5 servings! :-)

By Jashana C.

Hi Deborah, Thanks for your question! You can certainly heat the meals in the oven if you prefer. Below is a link to our oven reheat directions! https://freshly.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011459947-Can-I-heat-my-meals-in-an-oven- I hope this helps Deborah, and I hope you have a great day!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative

Hi Christy, Thanks for your question! We base our meals loosely on paleo and low carb principles, however, some of our meals also add in some potatoes, rice, beans and quinoa for variety. We have carbohydrate options that go as low as 16 grams per meal (12 grams of net carbs)! Head over to our menu page and look for our low carb badge to see our meals with less than 35g of carbs. freshly.com/on-the-menu I do hope this helps, and please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative

Hi Lin, Thanks for your question! Currently, we don't offer specific low-sodium meals. Our meals average about 600-700mg of sodium per meal, with some falling below and some a little higher. The sodium in our meals does not come from any processed ingredients or preservatives. We do add a bit of sea salt, which helps to balance the meal and bring out the flavors from our all-natural ingredients. It's largely naturally occurring from our ingredients, but also from seasonings and marinades that we use. You can also view a full nutritional breakdown by clicking on the meal pictures on our menu: freshly.com/on-the-menu I hope this helps Lin, and please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative

Hi Maurice! Thanks for your question! We're not currently able to customize the meals. Our meals average about 600-700mg of sodium per meal, with some falling below and some a little higher. The sodium in our meals does not come from any processed ingredients or preservatives. We do add a bit of sea salt, which helps to balance the meal and bring out the flavors from our all-natural ingredients. It's largely naturally occurring from our ingredients, but also from seasonings and marinades that we use. You can also view a full nutritional breakdown by clicking on the meal pictures on our menu: freshly.com/on-the-menu I hope this information helps, and please feel free to reach out if any other questions come up!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative

Hi Cheryl, Thanks for your question! All of our plans are set up as weekly recurring orders, per the site and the Terms & Conditions. It's a no-obligation subscription, though, so you can cancel anytime as needed, or skip weeks if necessary. To do either action you'll just visit the Meal Planner pages and click the appropriate button next to your listed subscription. Very easy, and no fee for doing so. You just need to do it early enough, before the automatic charge will go through on your weekly deadline (we outline this in the confirmation email, on Meal Planner pages, and in weekly reminder emails). Let us know if you have further questions!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Freshly staff and other customers.

26 Photos for Freshly