Review of Freshly

Gourmet, Chef Made Meals Delivered To Your Door
Learn More

joep541
11/7/18

I had problems with my first shipment but they made it right. Wasnt exactly what I was looking for but a good choice for many. I'm a reallly picky eater but you should give it a try!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you so much for your review, Joe! I truly appreciate you giving Freshly a try, and for sharing your feedback with us. We're always working to improve our meals and variety, so I do hope you may consider checking back with us again in the future!

Thank you again, Joe, and if there's ever any questions or concerns that I can assist with, please feel free to reach out!
lisaj296
10/8/18

I have had Freshly delivered for a few months, yesterday no delivery for the week. Site said it was on it's way (which means this is not accurate and they automatically populate it). Received email after 6:00 pm that the order MIGHT not show up. Mind you it is usually delivered by 6:00 pm. They clearly cannot keep up with business which means they will start cutting corners, not something you want in a food preparation company. If they cannot deliver they should not accept subscriptions. I have cancelled mine so maybe it will help someone else get there food as promised.
The other issue is that the expiration dates are usually 3 or 4 days after delivery (not good if you want for a week). They suggest freezing as a solution which is counter to the reason for using them. I looked past this but am done now. Don't trust the business.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, Lisa. I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with your delivery. It's certainly never our intention to not have your meals arrive as scheduled!

Our carriers can deliver up until 9pm, and we know our customers heavily rely on us delivering on the day expected (of course!) which is why we want to alert you as soon as we become aware of a potential delay. I'm so sorry that we hadn't contacted you earlier, and please know that we are doing our best to put measures in place to avoid situations like this. While we are working to grow, we do understand the importance and severity of delivering to the customers who have supported us throughout our growth.

That being said, I would like to speak to your specific order, and investigate the delay further with our Delivery Specialist. I have reached out to you via private message here, as well as on Yelp, so I can assist further with this. While I haven't heard back from you quite yet, I do hope you'll consider reaching back out, so I can help make this right!

In addition, I did want to provide some information regarding our use-by dates, and I apologize for any trouble the shelf life has caused! Only because we cook the meals and ship them without using chemical/artificial preservatives, typically the use-by date is about 4-5 days from the ship date. You can certainly freeze them to make them last far longer, though, as you mentioned. In the future we are looking into alternative packaging methods, as well, that would extend the shelf life of the meals.

I'm so sorry again Lisa, and I hope to hear from you soon so I can assist further!
markt391
10/8/18

Stay away from these guys. I ordered my first order form them last week. It didn't show up yesterday like scheduled. They wouldn't refund my money or give me a full credit. They claim the meal was prepared a day late and that it would be fresh when it was delivered. Complete BS. How do I know it wasn't sitting around their warehouse an extra day? A complete joke. I cancelled my service.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, Mark! I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with your delivery, and for the dissatisfaction this has caused with our service!

Please know that we take any and all delivery issues extremely seriously. It's certainly never our intention to not have your meals arrive as scheduled, and as we grow we're working to put better measures in place to avoid situations like this, and provide better communication when delays do occur. We did have a delay with our production and deliveries this week, which caused us to prepare new meals, a day later than expected, to ship out to you. These meals would have shipped a day later, but I can assure you that our meals are packaged specifically to be kept cold in transit for up to sixty hours (two full days, plus an additional twelve hours on your doorstep). I would definitely like to take a look at your account and order, though, and I do hope you'll consider allowing me to try and make this right.

I'm so sorry again, Mark!
bernardb60
10/7/18

I've found the meals to be very good, comprised of fresh and appropriate food choices. I find the disposal of the packaging cooling devises a bit involved and cumbersome.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Bernard, and I'm so glad to hear that you've been enjoying the meals and service! I do appreciate your feedback regarding our gel packs, as well, and will be sure to share this with our team. We always suggest emptying the contents of the gel pack into your regular trash, and then recycle the plastic bag! Some customers choose to re-use their ice packs, or even donate them to local organizations like Meals on Wheels, or Girl and Boy Scout Troops.

Thank you again for your feedback, Bernard, and if there's anything we can ever assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out!
evew16
10/5/18

I really enjoy having this option on my busy schedule for a balanced meal. The variety is a welcome choice for me when I don't have time to shop or cook. Thanks for this option!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, Eve! I'm so glad to hear that you've been enjoying the meals, and I hope you continue to do so!
bryanh172
10/5/18

Food arrives via FedEx, with ice keeping the foods cold, safe, and ready for the microwave. I have choose the 6 meal/week plan, which works for me

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Bryan! I'm so glad to hear that our service has been a great fit for you thus far, and that you've been enjoying the meals. We hope you continue to enjoy!
crystalh129
10/4/18

Convenient. Good customer service and I've liked most entrees I've received. Good value since I don't have to cook!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Crystal! I appreciate your kind words regarding our entrees and customer service. I know our team will be delighted to hear your feedback!

Thank you again, and please feel free to reach out if there's anything we can ever assist with!
barbarar351
10/2/18

It is so great to finish a long work day and get home to a balanced meal that only needs to be heated up!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Barbara! I'm so glad we could help bring some convenience to your busy life. I hope you continue to enjoy!
barbaraf204
10/2/18

I don't cook so it's nice to have a delicious real meal at home. Just a few minutes and a microwave are all I need.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thanks for reviewing Freshly, Barbara! I hope you continue to love the meals!
joeo74
10/1/18

I ordered Freshly to control my lunch budget for money and calories. Freshly has helped me do that. I have enjoyed all recipes I have gotten, the chicken is always clean well cooked and flavorful.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Joe! I appreciate your kind words, and I'm thrilled to hear that we've been able to bring some convenience to your life, while keeping your lunch budget and calories on track. I hope you continue to love the meals!
marya830
10/1/18

We have enjoyed the meals, but wish to offer suggestions about the amount of vegetable served with the steak meal...more mashed potatoes please.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you so much for your review and feedback, Mary! I appreciate your suggestions, and can certainly understand wanting more mashed potatoes in the Steak Peppercorn meal (they're so good!) I've let our chefs know, who will be able to look into this further.

Thank you again Mary, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
kathrynf52
10/1/18

We both work and are tired when we get home.
Freshly makes it easy to eat well with little effort.
My husband has lost 40 lbs since we started and he doesn't feel hungry or crave junk food !

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thanks for taking the time to review Freshly, Kathryn! I'm so glad to hear that you and your husband have been loving the meals, and that we've been able to help bring some necessary convenience to your busy lives. Congratulations to your husband on his success, and I hope you both continue to enjoy!

If there's ever anything we can assist with, please be sure to reach out. I would be more than happy to help!
tatianap18
10/1/18

I love the food, very convenient when I'm on the road or back from tour so I can eat right. Wish it was a little less costly but it's healthy!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Tatiana! I'm thrilled to hear that you've been enjoying the meals, and I appreciate your feedback regarding our pricing. I'll be sure to note this for our team, and I hope you continue to enjoy!
debrap199
9/29/18

I love the microwave convenience of these fresh, healthy, and tasty meals. They are worth taking out of the microwave container and plating for an elegant looking meal. What a treat!

Response from Customer S., Freshly Representative
Hi Debra! Thank you for taking the time to review our service! I am so happy to hear you've been enjoying our meals and service, and I love that you take the extra step of plating the meals! I do hope you continue to enjoy your meals, and if you should ever need anything, definitely reach out!
anniem124
9/28/18

The quality of the food was not worth the cost at the discount rate, and certainly not the full price! Frozen food from the grocery store is equal or better quality at a much lower cost. "Fresh" food and a microwave should not ever be combined. I have had similar, prepacked fresh food that was great! I have also bought Sun Basket and Blue Apron and would rather take time to cook food than pay the same amount for microwave TV dinner quality "fresh" food.

Additionally, the "customer service" was less than satisfactory as well. When a refund was requested, I was told that only a partial refund would be issued (very small partial), because it had been 5 days. There were six meals, so technically that isn't even time to have tried all the meals. But I had breakfast items so I was able to make it through all six meals.

The eggs, bread and pasta all turn to rubber when microwaved. I did try to cook some of the meals in a toaster oven and the results were minimally better.

I would certainly consider renaming the food to "semi-fresh" although even that is a stretch, and again certainly not worth $12.50 per disappointing meal!!!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Annie! I appreciate your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear that you didn't fully enjoy our service. We're working diligently to improve our meals though, so I will be sure your message reaches our team members!

I do apologize, as well, for the dissatisfaction caused by our Support Team. We don't intend to cause any inconvenience! In our Terms and Conditions we do mention that if there are any issues regarding an order, to reach out to us within five days of delivery. I do understand that you were reaching out regarding taste overall, and because of this, waited until trying all of your meals prior to contacting us! I have reached out to you privately, so I can assist further with this experience.

I hope to hear from you soon, Annie!
peterd290
9/28/18

Delicious food, fascinating customer support, and fast delivery! Highly recommend!

Guys are doing really great job!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for taking the time to review Freshly, Peter! I'm thrilled to hear that you've been so satisfied with our service, and especially our Support Team. I'll be sure to share your message with them, as I know it will make their day!

Thank you again Peter, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
carlym32
9/28/18

The meals are delicious and always arrive cold (despite 100+ degree temps!). The meals are satisfying and have great flavors!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Carly! I'm very happy to hear that you've been satisfied with our service, as well as our packaging. We work hard to ensure your meals arrive cool and fresh each week, and I'll be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our team!

I hope you continue to enjoy all of the meals!
bricem37
9/28/18

Freshly has been way more convenient than I could of imagined. To make things better the meals taste great and are healthy.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you so much for your review and kind words, Brice! I'm thrilled to hear that you've been enjoying the meals, and I hope you continue to do so!

Thank you again Brice, and have a wonderful weekend!
shellym101
9/27/18

I love it. The food is delicious. I can not see myself not having this on hand.i am glad I joined Freshly. Thank you.

Response from Customer S., Freshly Representative
Hello Shelly, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review and for being part of the Freshly Family! We are happy to hear that you're enjoying your meals.

I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the rest of the Freshly Team. If there's anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. Have a great rest of your week, Shelly!
maryj569
9/27/18

What is for dinner? Well Freshly is the answer for us. Easy to order. Easy to make! No extra clean up.. What's not to love

Response from Customer S., Freshly Representative
Hello Mary, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your meals and our services. Our goal is to create fresh, delicious meals and deliver them to you, making your life easier and more convenient. We can see we've met the mark with you!

I will make sure to pass your feedback along to the rest of the Freshly Team. If there's anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. Have a great rest of your week, Mary!
duanel31
9/27/18

Need more diversity, new recipes, more turnover. Need more diversity, new recipes, more turnover. Need more diversity, new recipes, more turnover.Need more diversity, new recipes, more turnover. There. You asked for 100 words. I'm a male and to the point and don't need 100 words. Sheesh.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
I'm so sorry that you haven't been fully satisfied with our service and variety, and for any frustration caused by Site Jabber's one-hundred character word limit, Duane! On our end, at Freshly, we're listening to customer feedback and definitely have plans to expand the menu as we continue to grow! We've been steadily adding one new meal to our menu each week, and plan to increase this variety from week-to-week. With the addition of our new East Coast kitchen in 2019, we hope to have more ability to frequently rotate our menu!

I did reach out to you in a private message, as well, in case there were any other concerns I could assist you with. I hope to hear from you soon, Duane, so I can help!
cierar1
9/27/18

I am so glad my friends told me how much they loved Freshly. I signed up about a month ago and it's perfect my husband and I. We get our order on Friday's so we have meals for the whole weekend. We both work from home on the weekends with different schedules so this is such a great option for us to have. Easy clean up, no mess and great food. So happy with our decision to order.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thanks for reviewing Freshly, Ciera! I'm thrilled to hear that we've been able to add some convenience to your life, and I certainly hope you'll continue to enjoy the meals!
ameliar31
9/27/18

I do love all Freshly meals, chicken risotto is a must-try for every food lover. Therefore, the site gives a great selection of gluten-free meals, they are so delicious. Highly recommend ordering from Freshly.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Amelia! I'm so glad to hear that you've been loving your meals, and I hope you continue to do so! If there's ever anything we can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'd be more than happy to help!
joannl44
9/25/18

In July 2017 my boyfriend and caretaker passed away suddenly. He had done all the shopping and cooking. I was able to get groceries in, but then I had to cook them. He left me his business to run, and I needed all the energy I had to keep it going.
I tried one of the competitors, but didn't like the food. Then one of the members on a Facebook widows group recommended Freshly. I like all the food Freshly sends, and I LOVE a lot of them. They have little icons on the menu items to identify if they are low cal, low carb, vegan and such. I have tried most of their dinners and have now settled on a set of low-carb ones.
Freshly has allowed me to stay in our apartment. Otherwise, I'd either have to pay for assistance to cook for me, or move into senior housing (which is more expensive than my apartment, and I'd have to move..). Freshly has saved my life!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us, Joann. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the passing of your boyfriend, and it's a pleasure that we've been able to bring some much needed simplicity to your life. Our entire team was moved by your review, and we're reaching out privately, via email, as we'd love to speak further with you!

Thank you again, Joann!
brendah218
9/25/18

It's been good! An issue with the shipping so a week was skipped -- I was in withdrawal! I missed my dinners. There have been a few meals I couldn't rate 5 stars but it could be ME -- not the company. But overall, this has been easy without the waste I had from grocery shopping and not using all the ingredients! I look forward to more variety -- sort of getting tired of carrots and green beans.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for your review, Brenda! I appreciate your feedback regarding our meal options, and I'm sorry to hear you haven't been fully satisfied with our variety. I'm also, of course, very sorry to hear about the trouble with one of your deliveries! I can understand the frustration this would cause, and please know we take delivery issues extremely seriously. I certainly hope you'll stick with us, and that we'll be able to make this up to you in the future! I'm confident that we'll have some new meals on our menu that you'll love very soon!
50 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Lisa, It definitely depends on your body composition as well as what you might be eating and drinking outside of our meals. :) We've had customer experience significant weight loss, while others kind of just maintain. If you have a decent amount of weight to lose, and you stick to the high protein, high healthy fat, low carb, low sugar nutritional plan that our meals follow, you could easily lose 10-25 pounds in about 3-4 weeks. Again, it all depends! :)

By Jashana C.

The ice packs were almost melted after 2-day shipping & sitting outside for 3-4 hours, but the 6 meals were still cold! I ate the first 6 meals within 3 days (lunch & dinner) & immediately reviewed each one on Freshly's website. I spread out the next 6 meals (delivered a week later) over 5 days, and finished meal #6 today from the last delivery - still cold & no problem with it. The 4th week's meals are due to be delivered tomorrow. I considered food that has been cooked already should stay good for 6 days. Hope this helps!

By Moms H.

Brittini is correct! :-)

By Jashana C.

That is correct! Just click the image on the website (freshly.com/on-the-menu) for the dishes you're interested in and that will pull up.

By Jashana C.

Herb is correct! Each meal is technically 1.5 servings! :-)

By Jashana C.

Hi Nancy, Thanks for your question! Yes, we can definitely help with this! Our meals are 100% certified gluten-free by the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG), and our facility does not handle or store any gluten-containing ingredients. In terms of soy, when selecting your meals on the "Choose Meals" page you can filter out meals containing soy! You can also view a full ingredients list for each meal by clicking on the pictures on our menu: Freshly.com/on-the-menu I hope this helps Nancy, and have a great day!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative

Hi Anna, Thanks for your question! We don't create specific low-sodium meals at this time. Our meals average about 700 mg of sodium per dish, which is less than a third of the FDA's daily recommendation of 2,300 mg. We always offer a range of dishes under 600 mg, as well! The sodium in our meals is a combo of sodium that's naturally occurring in the ingredients themselves (a medium carrot has about 50 mg of sodium alone!), and a mineral-dense sea salt that we use to season our meals. We aim to provide a very transparent nutrition label and the cleanest ingredients available (we do not use any flavor enhancers, MSG, or chemical additives). Our goal at Freshly is to provide a better alternative to other convenience-type or packaged foods, that are often high in sodium. For example, our Sicilian Chicken Parmesan dish contains about 580 mg of sodium, while a similar dish at a chain restaurant may contain between 2,500-3,000 mg of sodium! We recently launched a sort feature in the top right hand corner of the "Choose Meals" page so you can sort by sodium, from lowest to highest (some of our meals are as low as 400-500 mg). This tool is useful if you have a specific nutritional preference or goal in mind! If you'd like to speak with our Wellness Expert to see how Freshly meals can best fit into your Mother's life, please feel free to send us an email at Wellness@Freshly.com. We'd be happy to help find the meals that are best suited for her! However, if there are any pre-existing medical conditions, we do always recommend that you work with your doctor or nutritionist to determine what meals are right for you. We hope this helps Anna, and have a great day!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative

Hi Jim, Thanks for reaching out, and for your question! I'd be happy to help. All of our meals are portioned for one person! On average, the portion sizes are 12-15 ounces. I hope this helps, Jim, and please feel free to reach out if any questions come up!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative

Hi Deborah, Thanks for your question! You can certainly heat the meals in the oven if you prefer. Below is a link to our oven reheat directions! https://freshly.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011459947-Can-I-heat-my-meals-in-an-oven- I hope this helps Deborah, and I hope you have a great day!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative

Hi Christy, Thanks for your question! We base our meals loosely on paleo and low carb principles, however, some of our meals also add in some potatoes, rice, beans and quinoa for variety. We have carbohydrate options that go as low as 16 grams per meal (12 grams of net carbs)! Head over to our menu page and look for our low carb badge to see our meals with less than 35g of carbs. freshly.com/on-the-menu I do hope this helps, and please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

By Megan M., Freshly Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Freshly staff and other customers.

26 Photos for Freshly