Review of Freshly

Gourmet, Chef Made Meals Delivered To Your Door
Learn More

jessicas646
6/23/19

I tried the service but my order was never delivered. I wasted my entire day waiting for my delivery and when it didn't arrive the customer service only offered a refund and a measly $20 credit. My time is worth more than that. Plus they couldn't even send out a replacement for my lost order. I would not recommend this service to anyone.

Response from Jay C., Freshly Representative
Hi Jessica, I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience with our service! We take delivery issues very seriously and investigate any time a delay or issue occurs. I have reported this to our Delivery Team for further review. For your troubles, I see we did refund the amount charged for your first order, as well as provided a full in-store credit that will automatically apply towards the 6 meal plan.

Additionally, at this time, I am so sorry to say that we are unable to send replacements. We need at least 5 days for the production process (which includes procuring the best ingredients, having kitchen staff available, prepping and cooking) and then shipping. As the meals are prepared fresh upon ordering, we never keep stock of them. In addition, deviating from this process could potentially impact the meals. We would never want to send you less than our Freshly best!

Again, my deepest apologies for your troubles you had on your delivery. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us by email at socialsupport@freshly.com if you have any questions, we are always happy to help!
sunnyd27
6/22/19

I've been enjoying Freshly for a few months now and have to say they have exceeded my expectations. The meals arrive fully cooked and are kept cool in a well insulated box with earth friendly gel packs to keep them at a refrigerated temperature. They can go right into your fridge for later or pop one in the microwave for about 3 minuets and your dinner is ready. If you don't think you'll be eating them within the designated time listed on the package you can just freeze them and eat them when you're ready.

This service is perfect for anyone who would enjoy ~ reasonable portioned, restaurant style meals at home that are ready in minuets ~ skipping the grocery shopping, meal prep, clean up and storage of leftover ingredients (that often go to waste) ~ and having it all hand delivered to your doorstep by a very nice person. If you're on the fence about trying Freshly use coupon link http://refer.freshly.com/s/Jodi98 to get $20 off your first week AND another $20 off your second week AND free shipping forever. A truly great deal to see if you like the service.

On a side note, Freshly pairs so well with another company called Daily Harvest. They specialize in "super foods" smoothies, chilled coffees, soups and "fits in a cup" sized meals. An entree from Freshly paired with a smoothie from Daily Harvest makes for a deliciously healthy, fruits and veggies packed, filling meal. Don't pay full price though ~ use code RE-D4LY7L4 to get yourself 3 free cups on your first order AND free shipping forever at www.daily-harvest.com

Response from Stephen D., Freshly Representative
Hi Sunny! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review! I am so happy to hear you are enjoying our service and the meals! It sounds like we are a great fit for you! Thank you for being a part of Freshly! If you should ever need anything, don't hesitate to connect with me at SocialSupport@Freshly.com. I'm happy to help! As always, I hope you enjoy!
kathyl327
6/20/19

Waited anxiously for my first order to be delivered on Saturday. At 6pm on Saturday I received an email saying my delivery was cancelled because it had been out for delivery and past expiration. They offered me s $20 coupon for my trouble. Not impressed- will look for other options.

Response from Benito D., Freshly Representative
Hello Kathy! I'm so sorry to hear about this issue, and of course I understand your frustration. We never cancel a delivery lightly, and do so only when it's unavoidable or a matter of expiration concerns. I'd love to look into this, and further assist with this! I'd encourage you to reach out to us at socialsupport@freshly.com so we can help make this right. Thank you so much, and we look forward to hearing back from you!
pamw186
6/16/19

Have used Freshly for a month now, 6 meal plan, and love it so far. Have had no issue with weekly delivery each week (Fedex), my orders are filled accurately, and I really enjoy most of the meals. This has really helped me to eat healthier - a hectic work schedule frequently meant working later than planned, stopping for take out on the way home and making food choices that were not healthy. No more - now I know a healthy and easy meal is in my fridge waiting for me! A godsend for a single working woman who has no interest (or talent) in cooking!

Response from Kalicia M., Freshly Representative
Hi Pam, I truly do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and experience! We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying our meals and that our service is a great fit for you! We started Freshly because we believe eating fresh, nutritious dishes every day should be easy for everyone. I will be sure to send all of your feedback to the appropriate members of our team. We’re always diligently working to improve our meals and service, so every bit of information we receive in any regard - no matter how large or small; good or bad - is highly appreciated! Thank you for being part of the Freshly fam!
colr1
6/15/19

3rd time in maybe 7 weeks they send an email on the day meals are supposed to arrive saying meals can't come this week. Cancelling.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Hello Col! I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience, and that it wasn't as stellar as we'd have liked. I'd be happy to further assist you, and see if I can't help make this right. Please reach out to us at socialsupport@freshly.com so I can further assist. We never cancel orders lightly, and always do our best to have them arrive to you as they should. Delivery issues can arise last minute though, but I'll need to look into your subscription to see what occurred. Thank you so much for your time!
jadar3
6/14/19

My 1st order was messed up and I received 3 of the wrong meals. I was really annoyed because it was stuff I would have never ordered and 1 of the meals was even expired. Customer service was excellent. They gave me another box at no charge to give them another try.
So far I am really not impressed with the food quality. Although it is very convenient and filling (Keep in mind do NOT microwave it as long as the package says). Their chicken is all cut very thick and just not enjoyable. Their vegetables are strangely spicy. It's almost like a chore to eat some of the meals. I really only had 1 meal I truly enjoyed out of the bunch so far. I don't think it's worth the full price to continue with the meals. The discounted price seems like a better deal for what you actually get. I still have more meals to try and I will decide whether it's worth continuing with the subscription after i do. I hope the meals in this box is better than the last. I haven't been impressed with anything yet besides the customer service.

Response from Cristin D., Freshly Representative
Hi Jada, thanks so much for taking the time to review Freshly! I'm so sorry to hear our meals haven't been to your tastes, though I truly do appreciate your detailed feedback. I'll be passing this along to the appropriate members of my team for further review! As a growing company always looking to better both our meals and service, every bit of info we receive is very much so important to us. With that said, we have reached out to you privately, just to see what we can do to help make this right - We truly want all our customers to have the best experience possible. So definitely don't hesitate to connect with me if you should have any questions, concerns, or even more feedback. I'm here to help! My sincerest apologies again, though I hope to hear from you soon.
christinal203
6/12/19

I was shocked to see all these terrible reviews. I've been using Freshly for just over a month and I've had absolutely NO issues to report. We are on the 6 meal plan and they arrive every Thursday and are delicious. Seem to be healthy as well. I think they are fantastic. The only thing I would change is the ability to give back the ice packs and packing to avoid throwing them in the trash/recycle.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Hello Christina! We're so please to hear that you're enjoying the meals and service! We greatly appreciate your suggestion, but sadly we have no way to have you send back the packaging we send. As our delivery partners are third party, and we don't have our couriers, we can't pick up the packaging. We are looking into better solutions for the future though! We hope to have more environmentally friendly and easier to dispose of packaging. Please stay tuned as we work to better our service! Thank you so much for being part of the Freshly family!
anthonyb398
6/10/19

I have tried ordering from Freshly 3 times in 3 weeks. I paid every time and did not receive 2 of my 3 paid orders. Their "customer service" team is nothing but a slap in the face to their paying customers. They do not even try to compensate for their mistakes. The people who work for Freshly are nothing but trash and thieves.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Hi Anthony, thanks so much for taking the time to review Freshly. I'm very sorry to hear of your experience with our service and I do wish we had been able to better assist. As a relatively young company without our own means of delivery, we do need to rely on 3rd party carriers. While delays are out of the norm, bad weather, road closures, and even driver confusion can wreak havoc. Of course, we always take any issue with orders and delivery with the upmost seriousness, and we even have a Delivery Team working with both our kitchens and the carriers to ensure deliveries are successful.

With that said, we did issue 2 full refunds, in addition to the in-house credits, which can take 3 to 5 business days to post into your account, depending on with whom you bank. Our Delivery Team is also aware of your troubles with delivery and has been in contact with the carrier to get this rectified.

My sincerest apologies again that we weren't able to make this right, though I do appreciate you giving our service a try.
robbw5
6/8/19

I have not had delivery issues with out meals. That being said, we only tried it for two weeks and cancelled. Somebody's review said restaurant quality? Sad to see the restaurants you're eating at. For us a star above TV dinners. Broccoli was squishy, seasonings were average, quantities are small AND our biggest gripe I guess (yes we know the cost before hand but was hoping the quality was better) is that at 13.37 a meal we can easily go out minutes from our home for 26 dollars for 2.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Hello Robb! I do appreciate you taking the time to review our meals. Of course, we do our best to make sure our meals as high quality as we can, but we understand our meals aren't for everyone. We'd love to connect with you more about your feedback, and discuss it further. Please reach out to us at socialsupport@freshly.com so we can further assist! Thank you so much for your time, and have a great day!
sharim44
6/1/19

It wouldn't let me give this zero stars which is what it deserves. I signed up for the 12 meal delivery package. The first week I was notified that there were carrier delays and if my food did arrive it would no longer be safe to eat. I was offered a $10 discount for the second week. On the day the second delivery was due to arrive another notice of carrier delays and no food will arrive. Now I have 50% off my next order after doing an online chat with customer service. I advised them that if anything is off with the 3rd weeks delivery I was done. So here we are at week three, notice of carrier delay, tracking number says that Fed Ex has been notified to void the shipment. Again in chat with customer service who states that the order wasn't cancelled and still should be here today and still within the window of freshness. I live in Las Vegas, it is 83 degrees today, don't really have a lot of confidence in a shipment of fresh food that only has a 2 1/2 day window of freshness. Customer service was very friendly and helpful, but three weeks and three issues, I am done. I would not recommend this service.

Response from Stephen D., Freshly Representative
Hi Shari, I am so sorry for any trouble you encountered with delivery! It's never our intention to not have your meals arrive as scheduled, and we do everything we can to prevent any disruptions. Communication is important to us and we do our very best to keep you updated whenever there is a possible issue. While carrier delays are out of the norm, weather-related issues, road closures, driver confusion, etc. can wreak havoc.

Of course, we have a delivery team dedicated to working with the carriers to ensure successful deliveries, and we're always sure to compensate when delays arise. We're also diligently working to get these recent troubles rectified!

With that said we have reached out to you in a private message to see what we can do to help out! You can always respond to that message or reach out to us by email at socialsupport@freshly.com we are more than happy to assist there as well!
dann103
5/7/19

I have been using Freshly for about a month now. The food is good enough for the most part. The issues is their delivery service. It is hit or miss. Yesterday it was a miss. They canceled my order with no notice or notification. They are all too willing to refund or comp your next order. I know this because there have been delivery issues in the past. Did I say that I have only been with for about a month? Most would say take it in stride and move on. Here is the truth. When I enter an agreement with a company, give them my personal and credit card information, that means something to me. That means I'm giving them my trust on a very high level. And Freshly betrayed that trust. We made an agreement and I paid them. This "I'm sorry for your inconvenience" BS is just that, BS. If Freshly wants to be in business they better research the word integrity. If you factor the savings using a service like this provides it goes way beyond the cost of the product. There is savings on your time, labor, cost of utilities and waste of food. Over time the number becomes very significant. To me personally this is very important. So now I have the task, during the middle of the week, to meal plan got to the store, shop and cook my meals. Truthfully I'm pretty busy and this was not in my schedule. I will probably have to eat out and the out of pocket expenses just went through the roof. Not to mention what this will do to my diet. I thought I had an agreement with Freshly.... Looks like keeping their word isn't on their list of priorities.... You do have some slick advertising though. My take, don't use these guys they will disappoint you very quickly.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for taking the time to review Freshly, Dan! I truly appreciate you sharing your feedback and experience with us, as this ultimately allows us to improve and grow.

I'd like to apologize for the negative experience, and for the delivery issues that have caused this ultimate inconvenience. We take any and all issues of delivery and shipping extremely seriously, and your feedback has not gone unheard, I can assure you. I understand that you took a chance on us, and that you put your faith in us, and we let you down. This isn't acceptable for us, and we're working diligently to rectify these concerns and make this right by our customers.

I did reach out to you via email so I can do my best to assist with your experience. I hope that I may have the opportunity to make this right by you. I look forward to connecting with you so I can help address your concerns.

Thank you again, Dan, and I hope to hear from you soon.
davem524
5/7/19

I signed up two weeks ago, and the first week I ordered 6 meals to try things out. Delivery was at my door when I arrived home from work, and everything was packaged great.

Fantastic!

I threw them in the fridge, and had one or two a day, anxious to upgrade to the 12 meals per week since all the meals were good - some were pretty great (I'm looking at you risotto).

I upgrade my plan to the 12 meal, and add even more meals to my menu.

On Sunday morning I receive an e-mail saying my order has been cancelled due to the kitchen experiencing delays. I'm sorry - what?

If there's a meal that's not available - that's fine. Let me know and I'll choose a different meal.
If there's a delay because the kitchen if overbooked - that's fine - let me know when the package will arrive so I can make plans for the day or two I will miss.

But to cancel an order completely?

To further confuse things, I received an e-mail the next day (today) saying my order has shipped. But the tracking number was put in the system 4 days ago, so I'm assuming that's a mistake. I check the app and it says it's out for delivery.

So am I getting my meals this week or not? If I am, why did I receive an e-mail saying it was cancelled - and if I'm not, why did I receive an e-mail saying it has shipped?

If this is a 1 out of 100 occurrence, that's fine. But this is my second order, so will this happen 50% of the time?

Tldr; Meals are good, but questioning the reliability of this service after two weeks.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, Dave! I'm terribly sorry to hear of the trouble with your deliveries, and for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. I am thankful for the opportunity to try and make this right by you, and I appreciate your willingness to give Freshly another chance. We truly can't wait to cook for you!

I look forward to hearing any updated thoughts you may have on our meals and service, and of course, if I can ever assist in any way, you know where to find me!
tylers182
4/30/19

They use LaserShip for deliveries in certain regions, LaserShip is extremely unreliable. My first order never showed. The quality of the food is equal to a TV dinner. Certainly not worth the cost. Customer service was very helpful, so they get a star for that. I cancelled and would not recommend.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Hello Tyler! We're so sorry to hear about your negative experience with your first order! We do take all delivery issues extremely seriously, and would love to discuss this issue. We've reached out to you privately, so we can get your subscription information from you. We hope to resolve this, and look forward to speaking with you. Thank you so much for your time!
tomd368
4/17/19

This company is terrible about delivering on time and their meals are inconsistent regarding quality and taste. Don't buy from freshly.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for taking the time to review Freshly, Tom, and for sharing your feedback. I'm terribly sorry to hear of the frustration caused by your recent orders, and that we haven't been better able to provide you with the true Freshly experience. We aim to be a convenience service, and I understand we've let you down here. I'd like to assure you that your feedback has been shared with the entire Freshly team, and I'll ensure this isn't taken lightly.

I understand you've chosen to cancel your subscriptions at this time, and I do apologize that I haven't been better able to assist and make this situation right. If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding your account, or if I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to send me a private message right here on SiteJabber. I am always ready and willing to help.
calebb62
4/15/19

I ordered my meal at the end of March, with the projected delivery date being April 11th. The 11th came around with no delivery. Recieved an email about a delay, delivery pushed back to the 12th.

Still no delivery. Called two different times and spoke to two different people who assured me that my order would be delivered "the next day" (as of this posting, it is "the next day," and my order still has not arrived).

Woke up to an email apologizing since they "can't deliver my order." This place is a joke and a scam, will warn everyone I know away from it.

Response from Cristin D., Freshly Representative
Hi Caleb, I truly apologize for the delay in my response! A private message was sent, though I'm afraid we never heard back from you. With that said, I am so very sorry for the troubles you've encountered with delivery! Communication has always been an important factor for us, and we do our best to let you know whenever we're made aware of any possible issues. While delays are certainly out of the norm, bad weather, road closures, driver confusion, etc. can wreak havoc. However, we now have a Delivery Team dedicated to working with the carriers to ensure deliveries are successful, though we're always sure to compensate when delays do arise.

I understand you may not want to give us another try but I hope you do, so that we can provide the true Freshly experience. Of course, I'd like to look into the previous orders so that I can speak to exactly what had happened and not only provide better answers, but also see what I can do to help make this right for you. Definitely don't hesitate to respond to the private message or email me at SocialSupport@Freshly.com, with your subscription information (email and phone number). Here at Freshly, we truly want all customer orders to be both convenient and worry-free. My sincerest apologies, again, though I hope to hear from you soon!
lindab1200
4/15/19

TL;DR--I absolutely love the Freshly meals and their customer service has always been great. Meals come on time, with excellent packaging that ensures they stay very cold for hours, and they are always delicious. I highly recommend the Freshly service.

Full review:
I am genuinely surprised at folks who have had issues with Freshly customer service because I have been getting their meals for a couple of months now and have been blown away by how friendly and responsive their customer service is. The food is delicious, but can be a bit pricey after the initial discounted period, so it is definitely not for everyone. But for those who end up going out to eat too often and want a bit more control over their finances and their portion sizes, Freshly is a lifesaver. I personally try to schedule my deliveries for weeks when I know work is going to be too crazy and I won't have time to do much shopping or cooking, and it is great for that. I have loved almost every meal I tried, and even the ones I didn't love I could still tell that the quality was amazing, it just wasn't to my specific tastes.

The only thing I don't love about the service is having to dispose of the packaging. They are packaged so that they can stay cold for up to 12 hours after delivery, which requires a large amount of insulation. It is almost all recyclable (or at least biodegradable), so the impact to the environment is not as bad as it would otherwise be, but the process of deconstructing all the different parts of the packaging so it can be recycled or disposed of is not pleasant and is definitely not convenient. But I can do that on the weekends when I have more time, so the convenience I get from having delicious and filling meals available just when I need them is definitely worth the small inconvenience of dealing with the packaging disposal.

My meals have always been delivered on the scheduled delivery day, usually early enough for me to have one for lunch if I want to. I have had to contact customer service a few times to get things adjusted, etc. and every time they have been extremely professional, friendly, and responsive. They have both a phone number and live chat so you can pick which method you prefer, and they are equally helpful through both methods. In fact, I rarely choose chat if a phone number is available, but the Freshly chat representatives are so good that I tend to go that route now because it is faster.

Basically, if you are looking for a meal service that tastes as good as restaurant meals and requires zero cooking, look no further than Freshly.

Tip for consumers: Pay attention to the time for skipping weeks, as it's noon rather than midnight as you might expect. Make sure to check the expiration dates on all your meals when they arrive, as some of them don't last as long as others.

Response from Adam G., Freshly Representative
Hi Linda! Thank you so much for the kind words and review of Freshly! We are so happy you are enjoying our meals! We will be sure to pass along the feedback in regards to the packaging! We are testing new packaging options, and hope to have them available in the near future! Enjoy!
abigailm56
4/14/19

I had to wait about a month for delivery of 1st order. It didn't show up on delivery day. I called & was told that there was a delay & I would get it the next day. Did not show up the next day. I cancelled!! No one contacted me, I had to call both times for info. The delivery company was blamed but records show both orders were never shipped!! I do not know how this company stays in business!! So many reviews have stated the same problems. Freshly told me that communication is the most important issue to them. What a joke!!!! I had to contact them about my missing orders. I would never recommend them. They cannot be trusted. DO NOT waste your time or money!!!!!!!

Response from Kalicia M., Freshly Representative
Hi Abigail, I'm so sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you! Please know that we take delivery issues extremely seriously. It's certainly never our intention to not have your meals arrive as scheduled! Communication is important to us and we do our very best to keep you updated whenever there is a possible issue. As we continue to grow we're working to put better measures in place to avoid any situations, and provide better communication when delays do occur!

Of course, we do everything we can to avoid these situations, though we're always sure to compensate when they arise. Rest assured, we are actively working with the carrier to rectify these recent troubles. Delivery issues are never acceptable for us, and I can't apologize enough that we've let you down. I do hope we get the opportunity to provide the true Freshly experience.

With that said, I have reached out to you in a private message to better assist you and try to make things right! Again, truly do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused!
unh8
4/13/19

We ordered from Freshly because I am dealing with an illness and unable to get out much. The first order never arrived. They said they would credit our account and give us a $20.00 credit on our next order. They said it would be delivered today, Saturday. I accidentally found out they had delivered by FedEx but to the wrong address. Freshly needs to make sure FedEx does not make a delivery to the wrong address or they need to find another way to deliver the food. I have not tried the food yet because they keep screwing up so I do not know what the food quality is like. A few people on here say it is pretty bad.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Hi Un, I'm so sorry for any trouble you encountered with delivery! It's never our intention to not have your meals arrive as scheduled, and we do everything we can to prevent any disruptions. Communication is important to us and we do our very best to keep you updated whenever there is a possible issue. While carrier delays are out of the norm, weather-related issues, road closures, driver confusion, etc. can wreak havoc.

With that said, I have reached out to you in a private message to better assist you and try to make things right! Again, truly do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
joycea77
4/5/19

I can only afford to do it once a month, but its always wonderful, glad i joined before I read some of these negative reviews, which I don't agree w/ at all!

Response from Cristin D., Freshly Representative
Hi Joyce, thanks so much for reviewing Freshly! I'm so happy to hear you're loving our meals and service. It sounds like we're a perfect fit! If you should ever need anything, don't hesitate to connect with me at SocialSupport@Freshly.com. I'm happy to help! As always, I hope you enjoy!
angelaz30
3/30/19

For me, I have tried Freshly now for 4 weeks. I have had no issues whatsoever. All of my deliveries show up on time and PLENTY of ice left in the box. They could probably stand to use 1 or 2 less ice packs. I love that the box is recyclable. The ice packs have non toxic liquid in them and the plastic can be recycled. The insulation is bio degradable. These meals are fully prepared and ready in about 3 minutes in the microwave. It would be awesome to have the option to heat them in the oven. The portions are just enough to be satisfying and most all of the food has been excellent especially considering its precooked and microwaved. None of the meat has been rubbery or dry. We've tried steak, chicken, shrimp and sausage. I'm not thrilled that they use canola oil and wished that they had more Paleo options. Some of their recipes are so close to Paleo if they just adjusted 1 or 2 ingredients. I love that it's all gluten free! And I certainly have loved not having to think about cooking or grocery shopping or meal planning. My boyfriend and I get 12 meals per week, 6 for each of us. So we have dinner every night. During the day we snack on yogurt or salads. We also receive Butcher Box once every three months so we can supplement the 7th night with meat from that. I've cut way down on the amount of time and money spent at the grocery store and am not throwing away nearly as much food. All in all I think it's a win!

Tip for consumers: Make sure you get your meal choices in on time.

Response from Cristin D., Freshly Representative
Hi Angela, thanks so much for taking the time to review Freshly! I truly appreciate all the kind words and your detailed feedback - I'll be sure to pass this along to the appropriate members of my team. As a growing company, we're always looking for new ways to better not only our meals, but our service as well! So every bit of information we receive (good or bad) helps us immensely to meet this goal. As always, we hope you continue to enjoy your Freshly meals! And if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to connect with us at SocialSupport@Freshly.com. We're always happy to help! Thanks so much again, Angela!
nickw163
3/28/19

I've used this service since it launched in Dallas. Good food, healthy choices and convenience you can't beat. Thank you Freshly for helping this bachelor not need home cooked meals!

Response from Kalicia M., Freshly Representative
Hi there, Nick! I truly do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and comments! I'm so glad our service is a great fit for you, we started Freshly because we believe eating fresh, nutritious dishes every day should be easy for everyone! Please stay tuned for the new and exciting changes!

Thank you again, Nick, and if there's ever any questions or concerns that I can assist with, please feel free to reach out!
thomass663
3/27/19

This is a scam. I ordered 6 meals not realizing I was signing up for a subscription service. I cancelled immediately when I received the email confirmation. It acknowledged the cancellation. As a safe guard I disputed the charge on my card with the bank. I received notice yesterday that the order had been shipped! I immediately called "customer service" and was told my card was charged immediately upon placing the order and it can not be credited. I will not pay for this order and will refuse delivery when it arrives! SCAM SCAM!

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for taking the time to review Freshly, Thomas, and for sharing your experience with us. I'm terribly sorry to hear about any trouble with your order and account! When placing an order with Freshly, you would be charged immediately for the delivery and meals selected. While you can certainly cancel the subscription at anytime, this would not necessarily cancel an order that has already been charged, as our Support Team would need to complete this for you. I do apologize for the confusion, and ultimate inconvenience this caused you.

In order to speak to your specific order more closely, I've reached out to you via a private message. I hope to connect with you soon, so I can help make this right!
edwardm296
2/4/19

Never had a chance to taste one meal. Signed up to save time and eat healthily, chose 12 meal plan and had selections set for 3+ weeks out. First and second delivery canceled day of delivery after already being emailed that they shipped both times. Completely messed up my week each time forcing me to go shopping and meal plan or order fast food delivery. Company does not have their act together and are not reliable so don't waste your time

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thanks for taking the time to review Freshly, Edward. I am so sorry to hear that this has been your experience so far with our service! I can assure you, this situation is certainly unacceptable. I definitely want to try and make this right for you. I'll be reaching out in a private message here shortly. My sincerest apologies again, Edward, though I do look forward to connecting with you soon!
janer169
1/25/19

Friends just gifted me a week of Freshly meals when I came home from the hospital. Come to find out when I ordered the meals, I can't get them delivered for over a month and the all 12 come at once! This should be on their website. How can you pay for meals and then find out you can't get them for a month. I tried calling. They said sorry, but that is their system.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you for reviewing Freshly, Jane. I'm so sorry for any confusion or inconvenience caused in receiving a Freshly gift card! It is outlined when purchasing a gift, as well as in our FAQ page, that the gifter will select the plan amount on behalf of the recipient. This means that they would choose which meal plan they'd like to gift (either 4, 6, 9 or 12-Meals), and would pay for the week of that selected plan.

In terms of the available delivery dates, I am sorry that there aren't more immediate options available! I'd be happy to double check the available dates for you, and I've reached out to you in a private message to assist with this. I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

I look forward to connecting with you, Jane.
sharonl267
12/24/18

I recently subscribed to Freshly as a gift for my niece after she gave birth to twins. The first few deliveries were fine. She enjoyed the food and the convenience. And then, I started getting emails that there was an issue with their 3rd party delivery and if the food arrived after the scheduled date, to dispose of it as it wasn't safe to consume. That it happened once, ok, I understand things happen. But the same thing on the next delivery? Starts to sound like a bigger issue. I reached out to their online chat, and received basically canned responses and "a contact us later and we'll make it right." I'll make her some meals myself. I'm not willing to keep throwing money at a broke system hoping they'll eventually fix it. Even with a refund and a store credit, the intention of the service was lost.

Response from Megan M., Freshly Representative
Thank you so much for reviewing Freshly, Sharon! I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with delivery, and for the dissatisfaction this has caused with our service!

Please know that we take delivery issues very seriously. Of course, we do everything we can to avoid these situations, though we're always sure to compensate when they arise. I know with the holidays, the carriers are experiencing an influx of packages which can lead to delays. Rest assured, we are actively working with our delivery partners to put measures in place to prevent any further delays from occurring in the future.

My sincerest apologies again! I have reached out to you via private message so that I may assist further. While I haven't heard back from you quite yet, I do hope you'll consider reaching back out and giving me the opportunity to make things right!
50 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Lisa, It definitely depends on your body composition as well as what you might be eating and drinking outside of our meals. :) We've had customer experience significant weight loss, while others kind of just maintain. If you have a decent amount of weight to lose, and you stick to the high protein, high healthy fat, low carb, low sugar nutritional plan that our meals follow, you could easily lose 10-25 pounds in about 3-4 weeks. Again, it all depends! :)

By Jashana C.

They let you skip weeks in advance, and there is no obligation to order a specific week. Their website is excellent and very easy to use, and they even send emails to remind you to adjust or skip your order.

By Linda B.

Yes, they are just enough for one person. Some of the vegetarian options have a bit larger portion sizes, but even those are not enough for two people unless you added some other items to round out the meal.

By Linda B.

You do unless you skip that week. Remember also, if you don't cancel, your getting the same meals you ordered the previous week unless you change them. Very easy to do.

By Robb W.

They have recently changed their FAQs around expiration dates and the official answer is now 3-5 days. However, I have been getting them for more than 6 weeks and almost every meal always has a week on it. The exceptions are for meals with chicken (typically 6 days) or fish (4-5)

By Linda B.

They are not frozen when they arrive, but you can freeze - just microwave a minute or two longer, do not thaw before microwaving.

By Pam W.

The ice packs were almost melted after 2-day shipping & sitting outside for 3-4 hours, but the 6 meals were still cold! I ate the first 6 meals within 3 days (lunch & dinner) & immediately reviewed each one on Freshly's website. I spread out the next 6 meals (delivered a week later) over 5 days, and finished meal #6 today from the last delivery - still cold & no problem with it. The 4th week's meals are due to be delivered tomorrow. I considered food that has been cooked already should stay good for 6 days. Hope this helps!

By Moms H.

Brittini is correct! :-)

By Jashana C.

That is correct! Just click the image on the website (freshly.com/on-the-menu) for the dishes you're interested in and that will pull up.

By Jashana C.

Herb is correct! Each meal is technically 1.5 servings! :-)

By Jashana C.
Questions? Get answers from the Freshly staff and other customers.

Freshly?