Forums.SpaceBattles.com reviews

1 Review From Our Community

daems
6/5/14

The forums in this site are an interesting place to go to, if you happen to be a fan of sci-fi, anime, cartoons, games, card games, and any other kind of entertainment. It's not only sci-fi that is prominent and popular here. Mostly, teenagers (like me) or young adults will drag themselves to here.

But one thing knocks me off, since it belongs to a forum provider (XenForo) that has some additional security features that you can add, like certain countries can't sign up unless you have to fulfill certain conditions, like messaging an admin or doing some tests. I think that's okay, but it's ridiculous if there's money involved for a condition on your membership registration. I'm glad that I haven't seen that kind of practice yet. This forum is using one of those features, apparently.

Right now, when you try to sign up, it says that registrations aren't currently accepted. But once I got to the homepage, I can see the newest registered member that has signed up Tuesday of last week. I swear I saw the registration is unavailable way before that day. Because of that, it baffles me, why? What is the reason? Is it for security reasons? Server/user overload? Blacklisted for some reason? What? I searched on Google, tried my best to look through the forums I found no results.

Is it scheduled or something? If it is, at least PUT THE SCHEDULE in the f***in homepage for god's sake! You can't even contact them; you can't even sign up (that would be pointless, unless there's a I have a friend that I invited or wants to join as well and I already have an account) and the "contact us" feature is nearly useful as a pocket lint. I used that feature one and a half weeks ago and I haven't got a reply. It's excusable if there's only two-three staff that is running the whole website, but they have more than that. And like the newly registered user that gets displayed on the front page, the personnel that are online are also displayed. You can see that there are 5 or more website personnel that is online occasionally.

Is it because the server can't handle anymore traffic or the website is full of users?The latter would be unlikely, but if it's the former, ALSO PUT IT IN THE DAMN FRONT PAGE!

That is a big letdown for those who really want to join, and it's also infuriating.
Sure, the security feature that they are using also gets rid of the spammers, trolls, flamers and other unlikable bunch, but since they don't even do the things that needs a workaround (e.g. explaining why people can't register or replying back to messages or questions from that useless "Contact us"), they're also leaving out the legitimate users unwillingly.

It's somewhat frustrating, to be honest.

EDIT: Now, they have also put that registrations are closed for the meantime in the front page, but haven't included the reason or the schedule, if it has one.

Questions? Get answers from the Forums.SpaceBattles.com staff and other customers.

Forums.SpaceBattles.com?