Formal Dress Australia reviews

Tel: 18626119135
admin@formaldressaustralia.com

mariettel
2/15/19

My dress turned out perfectly. The tailor did a beautiful job on making my custom sized dress. I had a ton of compliments on my dress and it was perfect for my formal. Thank you Formaldressaustralia for having it ready for me in time for my formal. I would absolutely recommend getting your formal dress here.

samanthas256
2/15/19

This dress more then met my standards! I am so happy with it. The color is perfect the fit is peefect, and it has the affect I was hoping for! Also loved how the staff would email me to make sure I revived the right size and double checked everything for me. I am so excited to have it as formal dress :)

samuelb147
2/14/19

I am so happy I chose this Formaldressaustralia dress for my formal. I highly recommend paying a bit extra and getting the dress custom made - mine arrived and fit me perfectly. The material is very high quality and I was very impressed with how well made the dress was (especially given the amazing price). Thank you so much - I couldn't have been happier with my beautiful purchase!

theresef7
2/12/19

Ordered this dress to see if the quality would be acceptable for my. I was nervous to order online and also order from overseas but I was pleasantly surprised! I didn't do custom sizing but the dress fits better than I imagined and the color and quality is perfect. I will be ordering more things from Formaldressaustralia

geraldineh28
2/5/19

The dress arrived after three-and a half weeks, and I was very pleased with it. The colour - royal blue - was very nice, and it was a very good fit. It was a good idea to pay the small supplement to have it tailor-made. Luckily it was easy to find some accessories. It would also be a good idea to sell some options for such accessories on your website. Another idea: it would be nice if there was a wider choice in fabric available - for a supplement of course.

jesseq4
2/5/19

I am so in love with this dress! It fits perfectly and looks stunning. The little sequens are such cute details. The material is thick and seems to have a high quality and is not even a little bit see - through. I had a great time wearing it and got a lot of compliments. Thank you for this beautiful dress.

darlao6
2/2/19

My daughter fell in love with the picture and we were not disappointed. The dress looked beautiful on her. For the money the dress was worth it! Even though we sent in her exact measurements the dress ran a little big. Having never worn strapless before we had a strap sewn on and my daughter felt comfortable and confident all night. Would definitely order again!

deltat1
1/31/19

I was afraid to order on this site until the last moment, but then I decided to take a chance and didn't regret. The dress is sewn qualitatively, good fabric and nice color. I'm pretty tall, so the dress was sewn by special measures and sat on me perfectly. The order came very quickly. I'm absolutely satisfied and will advise this site to all friends.

madgem
1/31/19

Hi, I received this beautiful Ball Gown a few days ago. I can not believe how quick the dress arrived. The quality of the dress is excellent and the dress looks so much like the pictures show. The beadings and the sequins match the dress amazingly. The dress just makes me like a princess.

vivianac14
1/31/19

Absolutely LOVE this dress! The dress looks exactly like it does in the photos and is very flattering. I chose custom sizing and it still arrived in about 3 weeks. The dress fits perfectly and the custom sizing saves the trouble of needing to get alterations.

carlab124
1/30/19

Excellent dress! I ordered the custom sizing and it fits amazingly. It's so beautiful and makes me feel like royalty. The dress was well made and looks exactly like the picture. Also, the shipping was super fast, especially for a custom order. I will definitely be coming back to Formaldressaustralia for any other occasions.

mikel591
12/6/18

Very Very poor. Dress supplied was wrong colour, and despite their policy of refund for wrong colour, they refused to honour that. Workmanship on the dress was very poor. Really nothing good to say about them - steer clear.

carmelinaf
11/26/18

This is the worst company I have dealt with.
They sent me a cheap sack that looks nothing like the dress in the picture and was not the size I ordered and will NOT refund me the money.
They have been rude and difficult to deal with.

THEY ARENT EVEN AUSTRALIAN OR IN AUSTRALIA.

If I could stop everyone from buying from them I would as you would be wasting your money.
I spent $175.99 on a dress that I could have made for $20 (and I don't even no how to sew).

I cannot advise you enough to not buy from this website as they are DODGY with capitals.

fional47
11/20/18

We ordered a dress for my daughters formal it arrived, it looks nothing like the picture the material is different the sewing quality was pretty poor. They deny the dress looks different even when I sent them the stock photo they used on their website and what came. Refusing to refund and accept any returns.

cp155
10/26/18

We ordered a dress for a graduation ball. The dress came quickly after order but the colour instead of being a beautiful shiny royal blue satin as advertised on the website was a dark dull turquoise colour and very frumpy, which was totally unsuitable for the occasion. After purchase very poor service - they refused to take it back, instead many emails and despite photos proving that the colour was wrong just told us they ' made it from the heart' and would not take it back. VERY DISAPPOINTED and a waste of $200. False advertising of what was to come!

bridgeth29
10/8/18

Do not purchase a dress from this site. My purchase didn't come in time for my event (ordered over two weeks beforehand). Refused to refund me. They are based in China and take no accountability for their poor customer service. Better off throwing your money in the garbage bin, a more worthy recipient than this company. Will lie to you.

glenysc4
9/8/18

First of all THEY ARE NOT AUSTRALIAN THERE ARE CHINA SCAMMERS
I received my dress last week
WASTE OF MONEY BAD QUALITY FABRIC BAD TAILORING
WASTE OF MONEY. WASTE OF TIME
The picture of dress on website is fraudulent. You will not receive this dress. ITS A SCAM

nicoler201
8/31/18

WORST DRESS TERRIBLE MATERIAL AND DID NOT ACCEPT A RETURN!!!! Absolutely horrible I can't even explain my frustration!!! WHAT A WASTE OF 300 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!! If I could give it - stars I would stay away!!!!

jadem46
8/29/18

Ordered a dress from this company about two weeks ago. When I pulled it out of the package I instantly knew I wouldn't like it. The material wasn't what I expected, it was quite itchy and stiff, plus the colour was not the beautiful dark green as I was expecting. I measured myself beforehand to get the right size and once I tried it on every area that was measured didn't fit. It was too big or small in areas. Contacted the company to sort out a return and they wanted me to send a photo of me in the dress, thought this was odd so said no and they responded by saying I couldn't return the dress and there was no one I could speak to over the phone.
I would not advise anyone to order from this company. Customer service was horrible not to mention they didn't even try to fix the problem.

sammym37
6/13/18

Ordered a dress made to fit and what I pulled out of my anxiously wasted package almost brought me to trears. I was mortified.

It looks nothing at all like the photos displayed. I spent weeks deciding what dress to get for a ball I'm attending and I made a terrible decision going with this company. The dress is heavy, the material used is bulky and scratchy and it's ALL OVER the dress. The pictures they displayed make the dress look light, flowy with a silky soft top.. instead it's a bulky heap of material and the way the top section is designed is ill fitting. I sent in my measurements and yet the stiffness of the top and the sticthed in cup padding has been made way to big for my measurements, to the point that when I sit down the cups bow out exposing my entire breasts, nipples and all.

And the padded cups sit so high that they rest on the top of my chest. I'm so upset, I have an extremely important ball to attend through work and I have spent so much money on a terrible mistake trusting http://www.formaldressaustralia.com/ to deliver a quality product. Even the netting that's all over the dress looks tacky, and there's so many layers of it on the skirt part of the dress that it puffs out, you can't even see the slit in the dress under all the layers. It's so thick. It looks nothing like your photos. And i was offered an $18 refund on a $200 dress. That doesn't even cover half the cost of the shipment.

SAVE YOUR TIME, EFFORT, AND MOST OF ALL MONEY AND SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

busan
6/6/18

Ordered a dress for my daughters formal and was nothing like the picture, completely different style and fabric and did not fit and very poor quality. Please be careful if your thinking of going through this company. What a waist of money!

angelav39
11/16/17

I purchased a dress for my daughters formal, paying extra to get it made to measure. We where so excited when it arrived but sadly the dress did not fit and was completely see-through . I am so disappointed, it has been 4 weeks and I have sent many emails and attached photos but it is clear that they don't want to know about it. Do not waste your time and money as they are very unprofessional.

mabler
6/16/17

Absolutely lovely! Nice material and soft and supple to the touch, bead work is great quality. Hangs beautifully on my daughter. I was a little worried about the size I chose since her measurements were almost dead-on, but if anything, the dress is a little generously cut. Sizing up would have been too big all over. She has plenty of room for movement (sitting, dancing) throughout the evening.

theraa
6/15/17

This dress is absolutely beautiful. I was so surprised at the quality of the material as well. Fits according to your true measurements and not size. I bought a size 9 and I really should have bought a size 11 because I had put on a few pounds. But since receiving my dress, I've lost those few pounds and the dress fits amazing. I give this dress 5 stars. The delivery was about 3 weeks not bad considering it is being shipped from overseas. I love love love the necklace I bought to go with the dress. Great merchandise. I will be ordering again.

anonymousa112
6/4/17

this website is disgusting. based in China, made in a factory, absolute terrible quality. the sizing is very incorrect, so bad that you will not even be able to wear your dress. workmanship is also bad, stitching isn't careful. they also do not offer full refunds like they promise. Please do not buy from this website, you will regret it and lose $200.

Questions? Get answers from the Formal Dress Australia staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Formal Dress Australia