Review of FLX

pyrobot@gmail.com

2 reviews with 2 stars

christopherp201
7/17/18

The bike arrived, but the tour package was 6 weeks late. additionally, the tour package shipment was poorly packed. the box arrived crushed and open, with loose parts inside. there was no documentation, no parts list, and no assembly instruction. for the money, go elsewhere. do not buy a flx bike.

*Update*
As of yesterday, after multiple chat sessions and a lengthy phone call with support, my problem with flx was resolved in my favor. however, the very friendly support person did not read any of the extensive notes before talking with me, which included the photographs of the damaged shipment.

from purchase to this point, six weeks.

so, i recommend that you reserve time in your life for dealing with after purchase support. In my experience, the best way to get their attention is through chat. you can send a transcript of the exchange to yourself in email. don't call, even though the option to do so is available. when i called, there was only an electronic music loop, not even a robot saying i had reached flx support, just music, and not very good music at that.

flx has a good bike to sell, but they know nothing about treating you well if something goes wrong, you must work the support line repeatedly.

cheers!

Tip for consumers: try specialized

jonm95
3/4/17

My wife ordered a FLX Trail with the larger battery, a seat post, cell phone holder and extra set of tires for X-Mas. Price, around $2,300. with shipping. We were told when we ordered the bike it would be delivered by X-Mas. Well, missed the Christmas delivery. Kinda awkward, as everyone else got a present X-Mas morning. Bike was delivered in middle of January 2017. OK, its a startup I thought. Box was delivered with a hole in the cardboard, when unpacked, frame was scratched, cell phone holder and extra tires were missing. Next I carefully assembled the bike. Took it outside and rode up the driveway, front wheel wobbled like the wheel was bent. Called FLX. and was told to take it to a local bike shop. There I was told the wobble was the tire and not the wheel. Called FLX. Just cancelled the missing extra set of tires. I did recieve the cell phone holder a couple weeks later. Still waiting for "the touch up paint" for the frame scratch and a new wobble free front tire. Then, on my first ride (5 miles) the motor quit, 3.5 miles into the ride! Walked it home. Walked, because it is too heavy to ride up hill without electric assist. I am in my 50's.Called FLX again, explained and they thought it was some kind of regulator on the motor."We will replace it and have it installed for you, about the third week of February." Still waiting, no call, It is the first week of March.I currently have an expensive piece of metal with a defective motor and wobbly front tire and no "touchup paint" for my $2,300. investment. To their credit, they did comp a set of fenders to me. They were nice enough on the phone. At this point I really dont want the bike anymore and if they would take it back for a refund I would be happy. Frustrated and believing I made a mistake buying this bike.

Hi Sanford, we're in production of Blades, delivery will be very soon. Hope you join us!

By Sagui U., FLX Representative

Yes, they did resolve the issue and I am riding an love it!

By Russ B.
Questions? Get answers from the FLX staff and other customers.

11 Photos for FLX