Review of FLX

pyrobot@gmail.com

4 reviews with 1 star

jordann39
12/4/19
I bought the second gen Trail and absolutely loved it until the motor broke. I couldn't get FLX to help me at all, and I was very willing to try anything, I even sent them videos of the fault. Don't get your bike from these guys.
bennyc23
9/9/19
They have terrible after sales service. Got the very first unit they launched at Indegogo, in fact I was number 21 on the list. I was initially very supportive until I started questioning some issues. One of the founders started arguing with me. A founder arguing with a customer, I mean close to the point where there were loud voices over the phone. I just sold my bike and got something else.
nicolasd18
11/30/18
I've had the FLX Roadster for 2 years, straight out of kickstarter. At first I loved it, as it was my first e-bike. It is a true life changer and the best mode of transportation in many cities! It "flattens" hills, which is an incredible feeling. You get pretty quickly to 20 miles/h, which is a great cruising speed. My top speed (downhill) was ~35 mph; beyond that, it's too dangerous anyway. It's also nice to be able to take the battery out and recharge it elsewhere.

Sadly, the bike is extremely poorly built:
1. They claim the battery can go for 30 miles or more. Mine gets weak after 15 and dies at 20 miles, in ideal conditions (I would say 15 miles max in winter).
2. This is the flimsiest bike I've ever had. So many screws, nuts and bolts have popped at least once. My 2 fenders are broken (one is because the bike fell while standing).
3. To top it up, the motor died after 14 months of use.... I emailed them right before it broke. They emailed back and forth to tell me that they were about to get spare parts in a shipment. After 6 weeks, I finally got a replacement, and had to pay $75 for a known issue! Four months after changing the motor (it was a 4h project...), I can sense that there is something wrong again when I pedal... :(
4. They sent a bike seat with the wrong "minimum depth" marking on it, so of course, the frame cracked... They want $280 to ship me a replacement frame, for THEIR mistake. They also offer to cover the welding cost, but the worst part about it is that no bike shops want to service it anymore (because of liability issues). So I'm on my own...
5. They are extremely slow at handling problems. Both times (for the motor and the frame), it took ~20 emails (mostly me asking "can you please reply?") and 6 weeks!
6. More minor details; I don't find the "user interface" of the control panel very intuitive or efficient. For example, you need to set motor speed every time! The gears were never really aligned, despite a professional tuneup after 200 miles. It derails quite easily over bumps.

In short: Don't buy this bike, it's too flimsy and too much work. There are great alternatives!
lolam32
9/11/17
I ordered two bikes from FLX in February 2017 and received one of them last week. That is over 6 months! And I only got one bike. When I emailed FLX to let them know they responded that the other bike is "on its way" but they have no tracking number yet.

I get they needed to do upgrades and it took time but give me a break, this is joke.
They have never offered me any compensation or discounts even when I told them we had planned a trip around the expected first delivery date. And even now when they lost one (they did say they could get me a different bike to replace the lost one now but I told them I wanted the one I purchased).

Lame.

Hi Sanford, we're in production of Blades, delivery will be very soon. Hope you join us!

By Sagui U., FLX Representative

Yes, they did resolve the issue and I am riding an love it!

By Russ B.

Questions? Get answers from the FLX staff and other customers.

12 Photos for FLX