Review of FilipinoCupid

team@filipinocupid.com

51 reviews with 1 star

ronaldg131
3/8/19

80 to 90 percent of them are on there for money. And alot of them are scammers. Your personal messages are read by employees working for Filipino Cupid. There are also lots of underage on there looking for money to pay there education expenses. The 10 to 15 percent want marriage and lots of children.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi Ronald,

We have zero tolerance towards members of the nature you described. Our fraud prevention team works 24/7 to remove non-genuine profiles. If you would like to report a suspicious profile, please submit a ‘report abuse’ form or contact us at www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk
coahuilt
2/9/19

This site used to have real people several years ago but it is false advertisement because although they purport to have millions of people online, many of these users are no longer using the service and they left the site years ago, but the platform does not delete their profiles thus giving the impression that there are millions of people when there are not. Once you are in the Philippines and living in a particular City the scamming is really heightened because although people say they live in a certain location, once they find out you are actually in the same city they stopped communicating because, the gig is up as we'd like to stay in the US. I regret that I cannot suggest a different profile page or a different dating site but what I can say is that around 80% of the profiles on here are totally fake and replete with ladyboys

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi Coahull,

jackh240
1/8/19

Never mind if there are fake accounts or not. The real issue is how poorly the site is run. They don't answer their messages. Images do not match the appropriate thumbnails. Profiles updates are slow or never happen. Deleted images still show in profile. Clicking thumbnail displays different images. So many issues and problem. But worse, trying to get those issues solved is impossible since Cupid does not reply to your messages.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi Jack,

We are sorry you have experienced this. Please contact www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk so we can investigate the issue and assist you further.
mjcc
1/3/19

The heck.. so I am a female and I was being honest all the way that I am helping my Sister out to find her partner. Maybe it is not allowed, but hey we are not scammers at all! And we were purely honest. We are not fake!
But there was one Caucasian who lives in other State who saw the profile and was like a hungry volture who told me that his Son is near me and would like to meet me asap! Wtf¡ i just created a profile and still trying to figure out things there but how can you do that when after uploading photos there were hundreds of men messaging, sending smiles and so on?! I was so nice and being educated on my responses towards him and very honest. Guess what, he was so upset he cannot get what he wanted right away that he reported me and my account was terminated. Will you meet a guy like that who thinks I am an item being sold and he wanted to grab just few minutes after being posted?! Why my profile was terminated just like that without proper explanation from the dating site team? Where is the justice there? Nothing from this so called dating site! No protection for females either!

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi Mjc,

We sincerely apologise for the unwelcoming experience. Please contact www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk so we can investigate the issue and assist you further.
nonamen9
11/26/18

I was a paid member, they changed my birth date and didn't allow me to correct it unless I send them a copy of my passport, driver license or national I.D. (When I signed up, there was not such a requirement). There are a lot of girls that they contact you and want to sell their nude pictures, offer an online sex show or beg for money. Most of the pictures you see are many years old and when you see the women online they don't look like their pictures at all.
Had a real bad experience with this company. Even one star is too much!

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi Noname,

We apologize for the unwelcoming experience. In our attempt to ensure the genuineness of profiles on FilipinoCupid.com, we ask that all members verify their identity by providing us a copy of an identification document. The process includes verification of details such as name, gender, date of birth and photo and is an important part of the profile creation process because it reduces the likelihood of non-genuine profiles on the site. Please contact us at www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk if you have any further concerns.
firstl31
10/28/18

I really don't know why this site don't care about their members. They only care about you if you upgrade your account. They terminated my account for no reason, and when I e-mailed them about it they didn't respond. I feel so violated. Trash system! I heard about the company in Ph that using fake accounts to scam foreigners.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi First,

hernanig
10/10/18

Most of the profiles who contacted me in 4 days are either fake or scams.
I start the conversation stating exactly that and they stop communicating... Is the a trustworthy international dating website?

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi Hernani,

cheny15
9/23/18

Lots of the people are not replying. And when they reply, they will start asking you stuffs first before they start to threaten to block you off.

Not to mention that you can't do anything unless you pay. No, they don't even give you a 5 minute trial to be able to do stuffs.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi Chen,

As a standard member, you can still enjoy numerous benefits such as sending interest to other members and communicating with paid members. To access exclusive features such as messaging all members, you can upgrade to a Gold or Platinum membership. Please contact www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk if you have any further concerns.
anner132
8/28/18

A platinum member said so bad to me so i get mad. This website suspended me but ignored what ever the man said against me. Probably because the man is a paying member and i am just a free member. I emailed them but this website doesnt care at all. So i requested them to permanently delete my profile. And they did because they doesnt care. I dont recommend that you guys join this site.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hi Anne,

We sincerely apologize for the unwelcoming experience. However, in order to take immediate action against this member, we need you to send us a copy of the evidence that you believe is offensive to www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk
ricalyna
7/24/18

this site is not about only to find special someone because you can also find friend from this site .. but sometime theres so many rude guy who invite sex with someone

tracyt96
5/30/18

This site, while offering some real profiles, is primarily made up of fake profiles. Of the 15 women I 'talked' with, only ONE, that's right ONE was real.

Most of the information is fake, the photos are fake and once you respond to a person the scam begins. It can be a family crisis, or using a specific travel agency, or some other means to separate you from your money.

Spread the word that this site is a rip-off

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
FilipinoCupid is the largest Filipino dating site with over 3.5 million members. We do not allow fake profiles on our site. Our fraud prevention team works 24/7 to remove non-genuine profiles. If you would like to report a suspicious profile, please submit a ‘report abuse’ form or contact us at www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk
alexc313
5/22/18

I upgraded my membership to GOLD on 15th May 2018 for one month and paid 29.98 Euro. On 20th May 2018, I opened the site and see that I am NO longer to send messages nor I am able to read the messages. I wrote several emails, and they do NOT reply. Yes, I was getting many messages from the girls, and I think they think I will pay again to read those messages. This is totally spam site.

larsb23
5/19/18

Found out that a individual used my girlfriends photos for a fake listing on both Filipino Cupid and Asian Dating. I contacted the website company to ask them to remove these listings and/or have this individual who run also additional profiles in order to generate money because, she is actually married. The website company has done nothing to remove the listings that has my girlfriends photos so, therefore I will now warn everybody for listings from Bacolod, Negros Occidental, Philippines

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
We apologise for any inconvenience. Please contact www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk so we can investigate the issue and assist you further.
christ8799
4/13/18

Dec.2013,Cupid Media Ltd which owns Philippine Dating, Asiandating.com and over 35 other dating websites,admitted in court to the Australian Privacy Commissioner that personal data had been sold to hackers and was found on the hackers server, Cupid said, Some of the names and profiles listed do not relate to real persons. Meaning Cupid fabricated fictitious profiles to lure the customer in.

emmanuela43
2/4/18

Filipino Cupid is FAKE I BEEN FOOLED!I Am A FILIPINO MAN, the REASSON, for ME Signing Up is That. Its difficult for me to communicate with American Girls. Its SADDEN ME!! The FILLIPINO women will resort to this.. The WeBsite and Some of The Members they all on this Together. Its SAD!!

rayg75
1/31/18

its all fake. created fake profile. no picture. received over 100 responses in one day. several said "you're cute" do not pay for this obvious scam

jimmyw54
12/20/17

First, I want to say there are probably more beautiful Filipinas on FC than any other comparable dating site. It's not even close. That said, I think Filipino Cupid is paying attractive women to contact men. As an example, I am in the medical field. I put in my profile I'm very interested in meeting women who are also in the medical field. Now, I have been off and on FC for just over a year. I let my gold membership elapse and then sign up again about 3 months later. It never fails when I let my membership lapse, I get contacted by several women who are either nurses, medical techs or what have you. I rarely get contacted by them when my gold membership is active. So, I believe the women who contact me when my membership elapses are fake. Whenver I come back to gold membership, I will contact them. They never reply. Never. So, I believe FC is involved in either making fake profiles to lure members back or paying women to contact us after our gold membership has expired. It's one of the two.

One other thing, you'll notice all the canned responses from Filipino Cupid here. That should tell you the level of the scam of that site. I'll say again, FC is part of the scam.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
We are sorry that you have encountered non-genuine members on our app, we have zero tolerance toward these members. Please be assured that we do not send messages to our members. Our fraud prevention team works 24/7 to remove non-genuine profiles. If you would like to report a member, please submit a ‘report abuse’ form or contact us at www.filipinocupid.com/en/help/helpdesk
travist26
11/10/17

These profiles of Filipino women are faker than Caitlin Jenner's gender. ALL are either are fake or want money.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Travis,
We are very sorry that our site has not met your expectations and that you have encountered non-genuine members on our site.

Our dedicated Fraud Prevention Team works 24/7 to keep our site safe, by:

Deleting any profiles believed to be non-genuine.
Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behavior.
Providing extensive information about how to avoid being scammed in multiple locations on the website, including the member mail system and profile pages.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Unfortunately, sometimes non-genuine profiles slip through. We also rely on our valued members to report any suspicious or fake profiles they find on our site.

Please contact enquiries@filipinocupid.com if you have any further concerns
mrn20
10/29/17

i started to ask for copy of the passport page with the picture and they are all fake - see attached

gerhardh14
10/1/17

I see many profiles of filipinas working in China. i contacted 1 of them she said ist not possible to meet there but a Chinese travel agency can make Visa for her to come to Europe ??? i think thats very strange

anybody has same experience ?

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Gerhard,
We take the safety of our members seriously. Please visit http://www.onlinedatingsafetytips.com/ for comprehensive guides to keeping yourself safe while searching for your perfect match.
guya16
9/21/17

Have not found one person on here legitimately looking for a partner. It is a TOTAL waste of time. Many fake profiles appear in one's inbox and appear to be computer generated (non-responsive). Of the women that do reply to a message - they are all after money and when you spell out the fact you aint on there to send money they disappear. Many of them are part of scam syndicates where the woman might appear once or twice on camera then insists on typing to correspond (often citing problems that prevent her being on camera.) In these instances it became clear that the person that is typing messages AINT that woman that you saw on camera. Look for the the tell tale slick communication style with heaps of fullstop marks, curtness, and little information - I was left with the feeling that often blokes( in the philippines and elsewhere) that have access to the the same skype or messenger site as the girls and they have better grasp of english and SCAMMING other men, so they take over the communication. Insist on only speaking on camera (no typing) or to a reliable phone number where you can deploy your own "voice recognition" . I am yet to find one person that can provide this level of contact - doesn't that tell you something. Some people claim to have met legit partners but i would be VERY surprised whether these aint just postings from Filiipino Cupid affiliates.

I look reasonable for 40, have friendly nature, have been honest with my profile, have been sincere about meeting a partner, and have paid for a subscription but no results after weeks chatting here. The management should be ashamed because the site is laughable and completely contrived, and it appears that they are quite happy that for it to be used in this way, if in fact they are not directly involved in the layers of deception themselves.
The irony with all this is I have been convinced by many that the Philippines is actually a good place to visit for men seeking single women, and for meeting solid life partners. This site leaves you with such a bitter taste in your mouth as to belie this fact - it should be closed down.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Frank,
Cupid Media is a large online dating company based in Australia that has been operating since 1999. We take the safety of our members seriously: we employ a dedicated Fraud Prevention Team and take extensive steps to educate consumers and prevent fraud.

To find out more about our company please feel free to visit our website: http://www.cupidmedia.com
seppl2
9/13/17

Stay away from this site. As long as you have a free account you will be hit with messages from fake profiles - in the style of "I have seen your picture and like you" even though you haven't even posted a picture yet. All of these supposed interested are FAKE and SCAMMERS.

The site is run as a big SCAM operation - as soon as you pay, they will DEACTIVATE your account asking for your credit card details. Then they will not respond to any of your emails. They use team@filipinocupid.com to send you nonsense requests and will NEVER REPLY to your emails.

DO NOT waste your time and money with these fraudsters. They run a fake and criminal operation.

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello Sepp,

Our dedicated Fraud Prevention Team works 24/7 to keep our site safe, by:

Deleting any profiles believed to be non-genuine.
Providing a “Report Abuse” form for members to report suspicious behavior.
Using third party, world-class fraud prevention technology

Please contact enquiries@filipinocupid.com if you have any further concerns.
johnc801
8/17/17

Avoid Victoria Bagang at all costs, she will tell you that she loves you, that she is your wife, you her husband and she wants to live with you. I was stupid in that I not only believed her I sent her a lot of money. She apparently has a sister called Elizabeth Bagang and a solicitor called Atty Sagpa, she will tell you her mother is ill and needs medication. She will tell you she is religious, goes to church every week. Do not believe a word she says.

Tip for consumers: Follow the advice of the website never send any money to anyone no matter they tell you, if they ask for money report them straight away, at least this 'woman' Victoria Bagang has been removed from the FilipinoCupid

Response from Cupid M., FilipinoCupid Representative
Hello John
anthonyg122
8/9/17

Step one: most are not real. So eliminate the vast majority by simply asking for a video chat. They will make every excuse in the book. Try not to let them dupe you with photos or a dark night video. Ask for a simply video chat in broad daylight.
Step two. Agree that you will send NO money unless you meet in person and she is willing to come see you where you are. Do not pay for more than a taxi on arrival.
Two simple rules and the scammers are out of business. After you meet, you can decide if it is worth your while to invest.
And BTW, the devout Christian (yeah right) is a formula for taxation without representation. You figure it out.

aussieh
7/27/17

If you ever meet anyone from Filipino cupid, PLEASE DONT SEND MONEY for the person to meet you. It is is SAFE, go to her city or town and ask her to take a cab and you will pay on her arrival.
MARJORIE DENAMPO, DATE OF BIRTH: 14/08/1995. Address: CASTIN ST, NAVAL, BILIRAN, LEYTE, PHILIPPINES.

I met this gal on filipino cupid and following weeks of chatting, I flew to meet her in Manila. On arrival in manila, I paid her flight ticket and she asked for some cash to help her with taxi and basic stuff before she arrives to meet me in Manila. I sent her two thousand pesos and after she collected it, she messaged me to advise she got the cash, thereafter, she turned her phone off and i could not contact her anymore until the day i was flying back to Australia when i got a message from her asking me to send her more money to help her pay rent, buy wifi modern so we can continue to chat when am back in Australia. What a JOKE !
I have written detailed email with supporting documents to the administrators of Filipino cupid but they have remained silent. Doesn't that tell you something?

David I am in a relationship with a 41 year old filipina. Yes in this age group they are mature. My partner wants to have a baby with me. I am 61 & understand why she does want a mixed blood baby with me. One other point David FC cost me nothing to find my partner. Not one cent.

By John M.

Is Xiang travel express a legitimate travel agency

By Rick D.

Go to Billing and check the renew button. By default, it is clicked with a check mark. Even after you click the box to make it blank, they will click it back for you. Make sure before your renewal date that the box does not have a check mark in it. They will keep renewing until you stop. Best advice is use a Paypal account. Don't use credit cards at all.

By Jimmy W.

Methinks one must travel, it's the only way. $#*! online bull$#*!.

By Steven L.

Most of those profiles in China are fake. That Chinese Travel Agency is a scam. They will try to weasel money out of you for a fake visa that is not valid. DO NOT ever send money overseas for any reason. That is the best advice you will ever get and you don't know it.

By Jimmy W.

That's how many pictures each Filipina has in her profile.

By Jimmy W.

There is no way they can guarantee you that your private information won't make it's way to a site that buys and sells private information. Don't do it.

By Jimmy W.

The lady does not want anyone anyone to chat with her. Most likely she has found someone online.

By John M.

u need to switch it off unless you are paid member you cannot hide it. switch it off deativates it and next time you log in need to activate it again just same way as facebook

By Rick J.
Questions? Get answers from the FilipinoCupid staff and other customers.

13 Photos for FilipinoCupid