Review of Fendermender

Tel: -117.2648176

1 Review From Our Community

karenm917
12/11/18

Photos and documents of the federal fraud are below.

Went to the FBI's website www.fbi.gov to find out about insurance fraud. They encourage visitors to go to www.naics.org (The National Association of Insurance Commissioners) as a source for info on it.

The website updated 3/19/2018 states:
"Insurance fraud occurs when an insurance company, agent, adjuster or consumer commits a deliberate deception in order to obtain an illegitimate gain. It can occur during the process of buying, using, selling or underwriting insurance. Insurance fraud may fall into different categories from individuals committing fraud against consumers to individuals committing fraud against insurance companies. "
-National Association of Insurance Commissioners
3/19/2018

I got into a one person #caraccident in a freak snow storm in Charleston, SC. Damage was one broken mirror, a flat tire, and some air bags. #Fender Mender's collision specialist (#mechanic / front office person) told me that a #tow truck would pick it up and they would call me with an estimate.

A week went by, and I called Fender Mender's #auto repair shop on Ashley Phosphate Road. Turns out NO ONE KNEW WHERE MY CAR WAS. After calling #Liberty Mutual, they sent another #company to get the #SUV out of the ravene.

Better Car Replacement(TM) #carinsurance from Liberty Mutual valuates your car at the next #year up in value at the highest market rate available in my market (As explained to me by Terry Tyner). So the 2016 KIA Sorento EX is supposed to be the valued base price based on my #insurancepolicy. Doing so would not make my car a total loss.70% of the car's value is the damage threshold needed to total the car.

The estimate was around $13,000 (see estimate below), totalling out my #car.
I asked him if he could do this cheaper. He said no (as well as a representative pushing me at Liberty Mutual to accept the total loss of my #auto.)

FYI: A whopping 84% of all investigations of auto insuarance fraud rings involve more than one industry.(according ro the National Coalition against Insurance Fraud) So the idea that a repair shop is in bed with an insurance agent and finance person is not unheard of.

I went to an #OEM website and found differently. $3,000 at least could have been shaved off the bill, allowing me to continue as an Uber #driver.(See snapshots of OEM parts website below as well as spreadsheet comparisons.)

Now I'm not saying Fender Mender or the strangely cooperative Terry Tyner of Liberty Mutual #Insurance Company:

1) Committed #fraud against Liberty Mutual on the front end with an inflated estimate
2) Stole my car with strategically worded paperwork, or
3)Put OEM parts in the SUV and resold it at a profit in another xar market in the country.

I'm just sayin' both parties seemed real relaxed about my protests to return my car.

For more staggering #fraud, see my review of Liberty Mutual Agent Terry Tyner in Charleston, SC.

By the way, how does a roof that isn't buckled and the doors all close need repair at $1400? Just curious.

P.S.-This is not the first time a car I was in was taken under 70% totalled. I got into a collision (other driver's fault).The airbag on the steering wheel was the only thing that deployed, the front left headlight was out, and a minor dent was done to the hood and front. It was in 2008 and it was a brand new #car not used.Though not necessarily this company did this in 2008, bit the practice is pervasive here in the tri county area.

(Disclaimer: The above statement is true to the best of my knoweldge and recollection.)

To see the video of the actual car damage while it was in their yard along with my short form review with detailed categories, please go to my new blog MIC-Me in Context Product Reviews at the address here:

I spoke with Fender Menders around the state of South Carolina to fill in some gaps about the brands practices.The blog is Strong on Customer Service conduct.

To browse my posts click on archives. (Examples: Google,Inc, Wyndham Hotel Group, etc.)

#fendermender #TerryTyner #libertymutual #FBI #insurancefraud #insurance #NAICS #driving #injured #case #money #accident #today #autopolicy #car #cars #homepolicy #carinsurance #automotive #autoinsurance #umbrellainsurance #settlement #settlementcheck
#news
#companies #policy #consumer #money #case #carwreck #door #liar #fbi #life

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company. The FBI White Collar Crime Division has been informed of this issue.

If you have had similar issues, please do not hesitate to contact the FBI at www.fbi.gov and leave an official complaint to help the FBI investigate this matter.
The contact us page will give a map.Click on your state.Please mention Sitejabber and this post so they can keep track of this nationwide fraud.

Questions? Get answers from the Fendermender staff and other customers.

Fendermender?