Review of Fancy

i18n@fancy.com

41 reviews with 1 star

andrem78
1/30/19

$600 stolen as a seller without using it (scam, fraud and lies)

benm249
1/15/19

I ordered a chair on fancy a few weeks ago, a nice one, about 250 dollars. I woke up to Shazam alerts and call on my phone from fraud protection alerting me to charges being made in Taipei, Taiwan with encrypted coding. AKA They were attempting to mask their multiple withdrawals in the amount of $53.27 in Taiwan. I cant believe this crap is still out there.

sanjayp18
8/28/18

I ordered cotton silk blue plan semi stiched straight suit but they send second hand cheap saari with stained.

I emailed them but yet no reply.
Anyone , plz suggest me how can I take action against Fancy Deal.

My order ID 1445

aa214
8/22/18

Our experience with Fancy mirrors that of all the other merchants who've left reviews below. They are aggressive with their outreach to sell marketing packages. They send emails and pitch decks riddled with grammar and spelling mistakes. When ANYTHING goes wrong they stop replying to your emails entirely. Reps come and go from the company and dont last more than a few months.

Shady business practices all around.

noeliaa1
8/7/18

Same problem.
I bought something last month but never arrived
I emailed seller and customer service different times and haven't received any answer.
Impossible to contact them by phone.
I'm afraid they cheated me and I'll never receive the item or my money back.
What a terrible disappoinment!

tommya32
6/7/18

FED UP with Fancy!

Poor sales volume via the Fancy platform spanning years and they do nothing to help. All they do is hard sell "marketing packages" WITH EXORBIDENT price tags. They push push push this on you via email way too regularly to brands like us. We took part once and NEVER again. You never make your money back. The staff come and go, any rep I've had just disappears and leaves the company within months, the company is poorly run and overpromises on everything. BRANDS DON'T BOTHER.

silvial23
6/6/18

Please dont buy in this site.
Buyed 2 posters from Fower design, never got shipping number and never got the posters and not even an answer when contacting them.
Also bought a pair of earrings from Otis and also never got a tracking number and just an apology saying that they got lost or something.
No refund, no nothing from both sellers.
Scam.

ju15507
11/9/17

They asked me to signup for marketing, and there popup show,
Where they claim, driving huge amount of traffic.
And covered by the media,
The are a full scam company, do not trust them with anything.
Never recuperate what we spend.

camilad
1/7/17

Fancy is a huge scam. I stupidly signed up for a marketing package only to make about 5 sales. The account manager assigned to me didn't even know how to assist with inventory uploading issues and was barely responsive.

Oh and they're overcharging on shipping costs so buyers beware. Shops don't have the option to adjust this. I informed my rep and responded dismissively. So they're aware but they just don't care.

They don't care about their vendors and they don't care about their customers.

Don't waste your time and don't waste your money.

caben
12/19/16

We were approached by Fancy and they wanted us to buy an advertising package. We're a small business with a limited advertising budget and as always we're looking for a company who will produce positive ROI. I did my research into Fancy and stumbled across these reviews. I showed them to the Fancy account manager and they offered to provide us a "free trial" to prove to us that they could sell our product.

After spending about eight hours loading all of our products into Fancy's system, we were assigned a date where our brand would be 'featured' on their platform. As that date came and went, we received ZERO sales. I thought maybe something was wrong? I reached out to Fancy and never received a reply, I guess we in fact did receive ZERO sales.

Don't waste your time. The site is a joke, they never fulfill their promises, and you get passed along from person to person within their company and nobody seems to have answers. While we didn't waste $2k on a marketing package like other companies, I would imagine that we probably would have ended up with $0.00 in sales like everybody else states.

mikeg212
10/27/16

This review is specifically for brands who are considering advertising on Fancy. Speaking from experience, don't do it. We paid them US$2k a month and saw no incremental benefit in sales. In fact, our sales went down.

vickis46
9/21/16

Stay away from this site. I purchased a phone case from them. Their site says the phone is shipped from Spain and the photo of it looks beautiful. I received my package from Russia, and the phone case feels like it's made from some kind of fiber board. Looks so cheap, like the image was xeroxed onto paper and then laminated onto the case. I could crack it in two with my hands if I wanted.

They refused to refund me even though they are engaging in false advertisement, so I had to dispute the transaction with my bank to get my money back.

Stay away!

kevd1
7/18/16

Charged for an order of Fuel 2 powerbank month and a half ago. No updates. No package shipped. Are they legit? Will never use them again.

peterm196
7/6/16

Fancy.com is essentially a poorly run and poorly organised market place. Brands pay a cash sum to have their products marketed to a discerning target market. What you get is essentially zero, and thus brands get no sales in return. This like the tech version of The Wolf of Wall Steet. Joe Einhorn and Jack Dorsey - you should be ashamed of yourselves!

rebeccam93
7/1/16

Fancy sold us on being a platform that our small business would succeed on. After paying them A LOT of money for special features and to be included in e-mails, we had not ONE SINGLE sale from them. Small businesses BEWARE.

christieh8
5/19/16

I have an online store

I was trying to upload my products to this app for a couple of months and had no success. Then they transferred me to a customer representative and helped me set up the store. They have no clear guidelines of how to upload the products. The customer service ( her name is Shana) told me that I have to upload 4 times to get their approval first before I can upload the products myself. I had no problem the first three times getting approved, but the forth time, she suddenly asked me to send my product to their office for review, so i can get approved for this process.. She said I need to pay for the shipping to send the item to them and if I want it back, I need to include the return label.
They didnt tell me about ahead of time and I wasted all my time to upload my products. Then the service representative, Shana told me that she had closed me store since I didnt want to send my product in for review.
To be honest with you, I upload my products to Ebay, Amazon, and many other apps, no company have ever asked me this question. They also have another person emailing me and asked me to spend $2500 on the promotion campaign, at first, when he described, it was pretty interesting. But It seems like if I dont spend $2500 on their promotion campaign, they will not allow me to upload my products. First off, I didnt get many likes or even a sale from this site. And I got a lot of sales from other website, why do i spend so much money on a site I dont know about and still trying to get feedback from the users on their platform. The whole thing was just a completely scam, and I deleted my account at the end.

davidl269
3/15/16

I ordered a men's watch from them and received a woman's watch. It also came from Amazon and was $30 more than Amazon. They never answer their phones until you have your credit card company intervene. I called Amazon and they told me that it was purchased for me as a gift from some guy. I ended up buying from Amazon and letting my card company dispute the problem.

timk45
2/10/16

Customer service is a joke and done via facebook communicator! I ordered my item on 1/27 and it's 2/10 and it hasn't even shipped!

jenniferb184
1/26/16

Why should I open an account with you when you charge 20%, and the majority of your reviews are absolutely scandalous?

What is Fancy doing to rectify these problems. I am extremely dedicated to customer service and will not bring my store to Fancy until your fee is reduced to 15%, and your reviews have turned around.

jessh27
1/15/16

I normally don't write reviews but I have to say this was the worst company to deal with. I order my package on December 11th and it didn't arrive until January 7th. They haven't offered any apologies other than saying "we told you it would take up to 2 weeks to deliver". This company has unique items but good luck receiving your items...Buyer Beware..Stay Away!

billf42
12/22/15

NEVER deal with thefancy.com
Three days before a Christmas gift order, I received an email that my order had been cancelled. They were very quick to take my money and the kicker is, 'I might receive a refund'
Might ? This site is a scam artists dream come true. They show interesting merchandise, often a bit expensive and lie to you about estimated arrival time. All the while keeping your money and continuing to act like they are a business.
This company embodies the phrase 'buyer beware'.

nickd54
12/16/15

Took 3 weeks for item to finally ship. Customer service team just say "We said it could take up to 2 weeks to ship". Estimated delivery when I ordered was at the latest 20th Dec. It has now been sent out on the 17th. Definitely won't arrive in time as international.

This company just resells other companies' items but has no idea whats going on at all.

AVOID.

Tip for consumers: Don't order, find it somewhere else.

dianao3
11/19/15

Ordered on fancy never got my item and within a week the credit number I used was stolen and 56 fraudulent charges were made. I don't use this card often so has to be the fancy site.

allysona1
1/8/15

Fancy is AWFUL. I ordered a gift for my boyfriend and the tracking number said that my package was delivered. It wasn't. I attempted to contact Fancy, and they responded at first, saying that they would try and check about my package. After a few days had gone by and I hadn't heard anything, I emailed again. No response. A few days later, I emailed again. No response. I attempted to call customer service around five times but no one ever answered my call or returned my messages. So, the FOURTH time I emailed (a very angry email, might I add), I got a response back telling me that the merchant that I ordered from is sold out of my item and can not send me a replacement. Then, instead of refunding me, they only credited me with a Fancy.com giftcard. In addition, the whole time I was in contact with FedEx, and they could not find my package either and kept telling me that it was delivered. When I called my credit card company, they could not cancel my charge because of the giftcard that I was credited. I am beyond enraged with my experience! Worst experience that I have ever had ordering online. I wish that I had researched the company before I placed my order.

stephanieb43
1/5/15

First and LAST time ever placing an order on Fancy.com or with any of their vendors. Ordered two different items from two different sellers through Fancy.com on 12/20, was charged for both items immediately, yet here I am on 01/05/15 with no items, no replies to multiple emails that I sent to their customer service department and two charges on my account for items that I have neither been shipped nor received.

Or have they been shipped? I wouldnt know because customer service totally ignores my requests for information. They offer no other means to contact them aside from email and they completely blow you off/dont answer them. I shop online a lot, worst effing customer service Ive dealt w/in a long time and Im currently 100 bux in the hole for merchandise I have yet to see.

Contact cs@fancy.com with your order number

By Nick s.

Questions? Get answers from the Fancy staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Fancy