Review of FamilyTime

support@familytime.io

52 reviews with 1 star

lauras248
7/13/17

For starters, the product doesn't work as described or expected. Installed on a Sunday, Monday evening still no updates as to location. No way to view text messages, it just is a horrible application compared to others out there. Then, to make matters worse, I immediately, less than 24 hours, contact them with my dissatisfaction and cancel the subscription and after days...yes days... of going back and forth telling them I want to cancel and refund the money. They refused. Was never able to use the application successfully. They are a fraud.

leet50
7/1/17

I installed this app on my kids' devices. It seemed to be fine at first. I went through all the settings: dinner time, sleep, apps, etc. When "sleep time" came around, then ended, I noticed that many of their apps were gone. Luckily, I was still within the three-day trial period, but based on other reviews, I didn't waste my time trying to get support from FamilyTime. Instead, I simply deactivated my PayPal authorization before FamilyTime could get my money. I recommend that anyone else who dares to try this crap do the same. Use PayPal if you have it; don't give FamilyTime direct access to your credit-card info.

annaw105
6/26/17

I have an advanced degree in science and could not get this app to work right. I tried to cancel and got the runaround. I've reported to BBB and Paypal will block future charges they may incur to me. Thank you Paypal. This company is criminal.

bobt108
6/26/17

when i put my 13 year old child on this stupid thing it made all my apps disappeared and didnt come back i had to reset the phone and my childs phone and it makes his phone act up which i dont have time for SO DONT GET THE DUMB APP

saram154
5/27/17

Well I thought I could help limit and monitor, but instead all my childs apps disappeared and were locked away for hours as their customer service provider seemed confused.
this is SO frustrating. My child was willing to accept limits, not COMPLETE loss - now we don't trust the app and concerned about all other apps. The phone better restore or I am going to have to take action against them. HORRIBLE.

lauras232
5/4/17

I signed up and realized it wasn't a product I needed quite yet for my 4 young kids. I cancelled on the first day within hours. The chat person "Olivia" hung up on me so I emailed and cancelled that day.

A month later a charge still was posted to my credit card. I emailed (since it is the ONLY way they communicate and chats are incredibly difficult to get a person through) and they said they couldn't refund my money because I applied for the discount and that voids any refund policy. I will be reporting them to the BBB.

I am so angry as a mom of 4 and teacher (17 years) that these people are scamming families out of their hard earned money.

marial145
3/24/17

The free trial isn't free. They charge the card right away and despite contacting numerous times, the refund wasn't posted and they referred to refund policies which aren't clear even. Avoid this company as they are bunch of cheaters and scammers.

arthurk34
3/4/17

Customer service / support is the worst! I installed on two iOS devices and it simply does not work. Advertised that you'll get a 3 day trial; false. On 3rd day I requested account to be terminated and refunded. FamilyTime REFUSES to refund my money. They falsely advertise a limited time offer with a 25% discount. As a result they claim this as an upgrade and therefore I do not get the 3 days free trial and you are charged instantly. Nowhere was this disclosed during the initial install process (not upgrade). As to installing on iOS here is what you can expect:

1. iOS features are not robust enough (currently using iPhone 6S on the latest iOS 10.2.1)
2. Upon further research it appears that in order to get parity to the Android features they offer one must jailbreak their device.
3. Even if jail broke FamilyTime does not offer features comparative to their Android offering (read features carefully)
4. Location services do not work for us. I am only tracking the device when its at my home even though we've geo-fenced their school via the settings
5. If location services do not work for us then SOS and Pickup features cannot possibly work
6. I cannot see how much time my kids are spending per application
7. I cannot monitor text
8. I cannot monitor call log
9. I cannot monitor e-mails
10. I cannot add specific time frames (approved usage time) to specific applications

In summary FamilyTime for iOS does not meet the needs for a complete Parental control solution.

Do not make the same mistake as I did. FamilyTime is a company that misleads its users, falsely advertises, has extremely poor customer service, is a weak iOS solution and is by far the WORSE parental control application! Look for another solution.

karend154
3/3/17

I am sorely disappointed with this app. It does not do what their website says. It was a complete nightmare to set up and install. It worked ok for the first few days on my sons Android, but after an update has stopped working and is locking his device when it shouldn't. It doesn't lock the iPad, like their website says it does, it just blocks certain apps. And leaves Sky Go kids accessible, so defeats the whole object of switching off access!!! my kids aren't old enough to know about work arounds, but I wasn't surprised to read that older kids have managed it. Their advertised 24/7 support is a lie, they are NOT available 24/7. You're lucky if you get someone during working hours even.
I wish I'd found this site before downloading it!
Don't believe the positive reviews.

emilyb121
2/20/17

They will keep you around until the card is charged. The app does not function well. My kids were easily able to bypass the security with just few taps. Don't waste your money on it.

monicad39
1/22/17

THIS APP DOES NOT WORK. DEVELOPERS OF THIS APP SHOULD FEEL BAD MAKING A BAD BUSINESS MODEL WHICH CREATES TRUST ISSUE AMONG FAMILIES. I GOT NO SUPPORT AND REGRETTED WHY I SIGNED UP FOR SUCH A WORST APP.

paulines23
1/19/17

Does not do as advertised especially for IOS phones. Customer service number and chat are always not available. Tried to ask to cancel and refund multiple times but they won't do it. This needs to be reported and removed from apple and google play. It's a scam!

towannar
1/13/17

I keep trying to get support from Family Time and they will not return telephone calls or answer their support line. I have left several VM messages and the email support is joke...sorry but it is. I would like a refund now.

marks438
1/6/17

This app and company that runs FamilyTime is a scam and a bunch of crooks. I signed up and paid for the Premium Service back in early December and the only thing that works is I can see my childs contacts and that is it. On there website it shows all the features you will get with the Premium Service and none of them work between my phone and my childs phone.
I began contacting FamilyTime customer service 1 day after my "Premium Service" started (by the way, don't even try calling them, you will NEVER get an answer) and they gave me multiple things to try over the numerous emails I have sent and nothing works at all.
I finally got fed up with the service and the time I have wasted with numerous emails and attempts to get the phones to work, and I asked for a refund and to have my service cancelled. I was told my request would be forward to the "BILLING DEPARTMENT" which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist. After a week went by I contacted them again as I got no response and this time they were flat out rude and said "Since your to ignorant to understand our directions and we told you certain features don't work with the Premium Service (???????) we are unable to give you a refund. We are taking this issue to our credit card company to dispute the charges.
AVOID THIS COMPANY AND APP LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!

melanies66
12/28/16

All the flashy looks of this app are drained when you use it. This does not work neither on android nor on iOS. It messes your phone. Don't buy it. Seems all the five star ratings are paid and not true.

samuell40
12/18/16

All the positive reviews are paid. It's a nightmare to get through installation and iOS features won't work. Customer service is pathetic, developers need to work on its functionality with cross platform devices. The trial isn't free as they auto charge without your consent after three days. Don't buy it! You will end up wasting your time and money.

namreenk
12/18/16

This app does not work on my daughter's phone and it just freezes the whole phone. You can't download child app from play store and it's a big question mark on security and personal information. When you contact customer service they force you to buy subscription before actual features could work so the free trial isn't free anyway. I assume they sell data and make money with it. It has the most expensive subscription plan among all parental controls out there. Think twice and research enough before you put this on your family phones. I wouldn't recommend it to any parent.

marcusn13
12/16/16

This app hijacked my son's phone and won't let me do anything. I had to go to a technician to uninstall it. It was easily bypassed by my son within two hours of installation. The app won't work as advertised and loads of information on their website isn't true. A very bad business model and not a friendly customer support. They dictate rather help. I would never recommend anyone to use such app which can destroy trust in your family. All the five star reviews on play store and other websites are completely fake and paid. Very disappointed to waste my money on two device plan.

jenniferw192
12/15/16

It is very deceptive that there is no mention of having to purchase a subscription for the app to work until well into the installation process. Edited to add I am now getting daily spam offering me discounts because I didn't complete the installation process . it needs to be mentioned in the app store description that a subscription is required for full functionality--not just on the website.

Tip for consumers: Do not use it, just use built in parental controls for iOS and Android. Avoid using third party apps which takes your personal data with no security.

rodneya23
12/14/16

It does not work, it does not work at all on iOS. Familytime claim features which just won't work on iOS. Upon asking, I was told these are not allowed by iOS. If such is the case then why advertise it? Truly disappointment. And oh yes, they won't give my money back and using delaying tactics. If you need money back, it's better to call your bank and notify them about their unauthorised charge. Such a waste of time with this company.

dujuanp
12/14/16

It's a scam. They charged my credit card after the trial without my permission. Customer support is worst ever with info to pair the devices. Beware of marketing tactics and avoid it. This company is scamming people all over the world and making people fool. Avoid it.

amandaw101
12/14/16

They have been wanting me to keep reinstalling the app but the features just won't work. I was tired of contacting customer service but they would respond after two or three days. Refused to refund the money and charged me without the authorisation. Avoid it and check for built in parental controls in iOS devices. Good luck and shame on the makers of familytime app. They are cheat and fraud based in Tokyo.

gema12
12/9/16

Take money in error, say they'll refund as a priority and still waiting over a month later

amandak59
9/15/16

I spent more time trying to get the app to work than seemed necessary. Emailing back and forth trying to get it to work. Uninstall reinstall turn your phone off reboot update blah blah. Still no luck with any of the features working properly. After deciding I'm not going to continue with familytime and asked for a refund it was a huge Hassel there as well and ended up getting 12 out of 46.33 back and they no longer will reply to my emails about why.

willt26
9/4/16

This hasn't been a good experience for me. The app seemed to work fine for about a day & do exactly what I wanted. But then it quit working. Multiple re-installs & endless mucking about did not resolve the issues. I ended up switching to another product.

Company refuses to give any refunds. Support staff doesn't even ask the right kind of questions. Avoid.

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.

According to my case, customer is the best so far and had answered my all questions very quickly and the agent was informative.

By Williams B.

No, they can't on android. And you can prevent your child from deleting the child app on iOS.

By HF C.

Most of the features work even device is on airplane mode.

By Williams B.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTime staff and other customers.

2 Photos for FamilyTime