Review of FamilyTime

support@familytime.io

58 reviews with 1 star

rachelt139
7/2/18

This company is terrible. I did not know that the app automatically renewed and they charged my credit card. I have been trying to get a refund since April 22nd of 2018. They charged my card on April 12, 2018. I have sent several emails to them and have only gotten the same response that they forwarded my info to the billing dept and I will receive a refund in 3 to 4 days. There is no way to cancel the app even though they say you can cancel at anytime. I have reported them to the BBB. I see on their website they say they are headquartered in Tokyo Metropolis but there is no address listed. This app and company needs to be shut down. I logged into my account tonight and they have not cancelled the app and it still shows it is active! I really want my $35 back but I am starting to not care now. I just want this app cancelled! I think I need to tell my credit union to block them and not let them charge my card. This app does not work how it is supposed to. DO NOT USE IT! I had to rate it with a star but if it was my way, they would get a big fat zero!

julieg169
4/10/18

I paid the subscription and started using this app. the first week one of the phones did not respond correctly. i communicated with them several times and they said they couldn't fix it. So I said I wanted to cancel the subscription and to refund the pro-rated amount. This was a year ago. Customer service sends me emails saying the refund will happen but it never did. Then they automatically renewed my subscription!! I have been trying to get a refund for this since January. I send them emails at least once every 2 weeks. they keep telling me the refund is coming and it never does. They are fraudulent!! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SERVICE! it doesn't always work.

lexak
3/14/18

Do not use this app. Please refer to the reviews in your App Store for the reasons why. Depending on your device it may not work and the support staff are inadequate. It works in the short term but not for the long term. You also cannot make a one off payment, you have to agree to a recurring payment plan which depending on how you pay, may be difficult to break from.
please do your homework by checking the reviews by users on this product, not by recommendations by a third party that doesn't test it in the long term.

johnw773
1/23/18

Tearable service. If you buy this product do not plan on the 3 day grace period as advertised. The product is minimally functional and absolutely not worth the money you pay for it. Find a more reputable company with actual customer support.

Kids were able to get on all sorts of sites supposably blocked by the software. DO NOT BUY!

kp124
1/21/18

I purchased a subscription over 6 months ago and cancelled within 24 hours due to lack of needed features. Despite repeated requests, I have never received my promised refund. I've seen similar tales in other reviews of this product.

engelbertw
11/23/17

Funktioniert nicht, customer support sehr schlecht. Geld trotz vieler Beschwerden nicht wiederbekommen. Nicht anfassen!!!

lauras248
7/13/17

For starters, the product doesn't work as described or expected. Installed on a Sunday, Monday evening still no updates as to location. No way to view text messages, it just is a horrible application compared to others out there. Then, to make matters worse, I immediately, less than 24 hours, contact them with my dissatisfaction and cancel the subscription and after days...yes days... of going back and forth telling them I want to cancel and refund the money. They refused. Was never able to use the application successfully. They are a fraud.

leet50
7/1/17

I installed this app on my kids' devices. It seemed to be fine at first. I went through all the settings: dinner time, sleep, apps, etc. When "sleep time" came around, then ended, I noticed that many of their apps were gone. Luckily, I was still within the three-day trial period, but based on other reviews, I didn't waste my time trying to get support from FamilyTime. Instead, I simply deactivated my PayPal authorization before FamilyTime could get my money. I recommend that anyone else who dares to try this crap do the same. Use PayPal if you have it; don't give FamilyTime direct access to your credit-card info.

annaw105
6/26/17

I have an advanced degree in science and could not get this app to work right. I tried to cancel and got the runaround. I've reported to BBB and Paypal will block future charges they may incur to me. Thank you Paypal. This company is criminal.

bobt108
6/26/17

when i put my 13 year old child on this stupid thing it made all my apps disappeared and didnt come back i had to reset the phone and my childs phone and it makes his phone act up which i dont have time for SO DONT GET THE DUMB APP

saram154
5/27/17

Well I thought I could help limit and monitor, but instead all my childs apps disappeared and were locked away for hours as their customer service provider seemed confused.
this is SO frustrating. My child was willing to accept limits, not COMPLETE loss - now we don't trust the app and concerned about all other apps. The phone better restore or I am going to have to take action against them. HORRIBLE.

lauras232
5/4/17

I signed up and realized it wasn't a product I needed quite yet for my 4 young kids. I cancelled on the first day within hours. The chat person "Olivia" hung up on me so I emailed and cancelled that day.

A month later a charge still was posted to my credit card. I emailed (since it is the ONLY way they communicate and chats are incredibly difficult to get a person through) and they said they couldn't refund my money because I applied for the discount and that voids any refund policy. I will be reporting them to the BBB.

I am so angry as a mom of 4 and teacher (17 years) that these people are scamming families out of their hard earned money.

marial145
3/24/17

The free trial isn't free. They charge the card right away and despite contacting numerous times, the refund wasn't posted and they referred to refund policies which aren't clear even. Avoid this company as they are bunch of cheaters and scammers.

arthurk34
3/4/17

Customer service / support is the worst! I installed on two iOS devices and it simply does not work. Advertised that you'll get a 3 day trial; false. On 3rd day I requested account to be terminated and refunded. FamilyTime REFUSES to refund my money. They falsely advertise a limited time offer with a 25% discount. As a result they claim this as an upgrade and therefore I do not get the 3 days free trial and you are charged instantly. Nowhere was this disclosed during the initial install process (not upgrade). As to installing on iOS here is what you can expect:

1. iOS features are not robust enough (currently using iPhone 6S on the latest iOS 10.2.1)
2. Upon further research it appears that in order to get parity to the Android features they offer one must jailbreak their device.
3. Even if jail broke FamilyTime does not offer features comparative to their Android offering (read features carefully)
4. Location services do not work for us. I am only tracking the device when its at my home even though we've geo-fenced their school via the settings
5. If location services do not work for us then SOS and Pickup features cannot possibly work
6. I cannot see how much time my kids are spending per application
7. I cannot monitor text
8. I cannot monitor call log
9. I cannot monitor e-mails
10. I cannot add specific time frames (approved usage time) to specific applications

In summary FamilyTime for iOS does not meet the needs for a complete Parental control solution.

Do not make the same mistake as I did. FamilyTime is a company that misleads its users, falsely advertises, has extremely poor customer service, is a weak iOS solution and is by far the WORSE parental control application! Look for another solution.

karend154
3/3/17

I am sorely disappointed with this app. It does not do what their website says. It was a complete nightmare to set up and install. It worked ok for the first few days on my sons Android, but after an update has stopped working and is locking his device when it shouldn't. It doesn't lock the iPad, like their website says it does, it just blocks certain apps. And leaves Sky Go kids accessible, so defeats the whole object of switching off access!!! my kids aren't old enough to know about work arounds, but I wasn't surprised to read that older kids have managed it. Their advertised 24/7 support is a lie, they are NOT available 24/7. You're lucky if you get someone during working hours even.
I wish I'd found this site before downloading it!
Don't believe the positive reviews.

emilyb121
2/20/17

They will keep you around until the card is charged. The app does not function well. My kids were easily able to bypass the security with just few taps. Don't waste your money on it.

monicad39
1/22/17

THIS APP DOES NOT WORK. DEVELOPERS OF THIS APP SHOULD FEEL BAD MAKING A BAD BUSINESS MODEL WHICH CREATES TRUST ISSUE AMONG FAMILIES. I GOT NO SUPPORT AND REGRETTED WHY I SIGNED UP FOR SUCH A WORST APP.

paulines23
1/19/17

Does not do as advertised especially for IOS phones. Customer service number and chat are always not available. Tried to ask to cancel and refund multiple times but they won't do it. This needs to be reported and removed from apple and google play. It's a scam!

towannar
1/13/17

I keep trying to get support from Family Time and they will not return telephone calls or answer their support line. I have left several VM messages and the email support is joke...sorry but it is. I would like a refund now.

marks438
1/6/17

This app and company that runs FamilyTime is a scam and a bunch of crooks. I signed up and paid for the Premium Service back in early December and the only thing that works is I can see my childs contacts and that is it. On there website it shows all the features you will get with the Premium Service and none of them work between my phone and my childs phone.
I began contacting FamilyTime customer service 1 day after my "Premium Service" started (by the way, don't even try calling them, you will NEVER get an answer) and they gave me multiple things to try over the numerous emails I have sent and nothing works at all.
I finally got fed up with the service and the time I have wasted with numerous emails and attempts to get the phones to work, and I asked for a refund and to have my service cancelled. I was told my request would be forward to the "BILLING DEPARTMENT" which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist. After a week went by I contacted them again as I got no response and this time they were flat out rude and said "Since your to ignorant to understand our directions and we told you certain features don't work with the Premium Service (???????) we are unable to give you a refund. We are taking this issue to our credit card company to dispute the charges.
AVOID THIS COMPANY AND APP LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!

melanies66
12/28/16

All the flashy looks of this app are drained when you use it. This does not work neither on android nor on iOS. It messes your phone. Don't buy it. Seems all the five star ratings are paid and not true.

samuell40
12/18/16

All the positive reviews are paid. It's a nightmare to get through installation and iOS features won't work. Customer service is pathetic, developers need to work on its functionality with cross platform devices. The trial isn't free as they auto charge without your consent after three days. Don't buy it! You will end up wasting your time and money.

namreenk
12/18/16

This app does not work on my daughter's phone and it just freezes the whole phone. You can't download child app from play store and it's a big question mark on security and personal information. When you contact customer service they force you to buy subscription before actual features could work so the free trial isn't free anyway. I assume they sell data and make money with it. It has the most expensive subscription plan among all parental controls out there. Think twice and research enough before you put this on your family phones. I wouldn't recommend it to any parent.

marcusn13
12/16/16

This app hijacked my son's phone and won't let me do anything. I had to go to a technician to uninstall it. It was easily bypassed by my son within two hours of installation. The app won't work as advertised and loads of information on their website isn't true. A very bad business model and not a friendly customer support. They dictate rather help. I would never recommend anyone to use such app which can destroy trust in your family. All the five star reviews on play store and other websites are completely fake and paid. Very disappointed to waste my money on two device plan.

jenniferw192
12/15/16

It is very deceptive that there is no mention of having to purchase a subscription for the app to work until well into the installation process. Edited to add I am now getting daily spam offering me discounts because I didn't complete the installation process . it needs to be mentioned in the app store description that a subscription is required for full functionality--not just on the website.

Tip for consumers: Do not use it, just use built in parental controls for iOS and Android. Avoid using third party apps which takes your personal data with no security.

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.

According to my case, customer is the best so far and had answered my all questions very quickly and the agent was informative.

By Williams B.

No, they can't on android. And you can prevent your child from deleting the child app on iOS.

By HF C.

Most of the features work even device is on airplane mode.

By Williams B.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTime staff and other customers.

4 Photos for FamilyTime