FamilySearch.org reviews

Tel: +1-801-240-1187

7 reviews with 1 star

elgiem
2/2/19

I entered all the information on my great Aunt and included a copy of her obituary! They allowed someone else to come along and change every thing!!! I had all their children entered their children. It is all gone!!!! I spent a long time entering this information just to have someone else come along and delete it. I am done with the site!! Why bother to do a family tree when a stranger can change it all!!!!!

lynno25
7/29/18

People can go through and wipe out your family and all your work. That's my biggest complaint. If someone doesn't agree, they can delete your whole family. Like they never existed. There needs to be some sort of control of this.

barbarab314
3/20/18

I used family search for a long time, even participated in their indexing because I was such a fan of the service. But it has a huge disadvantage, which is that anyone can change information you enter. I then began constructing a tree on ancestry.com, which is a much better system, because you can compare different peoples' family trees and decide which ones are better documented before incorporating them. I returned to my free on the family search website recently to find that hours and hours of my work had been undone by people adding sources and "merging" people who were not the same people. DO NOT RELY ON FAMILY SEARCH FOR ACCURATE FAMILY TREES. It is too easy for people to add information they haven't actually verified.

lindab141
7/26/15

I wanted to see how accurate and reliable this sight is and so I looked up my own name and found the wrong addresses and phone number. I then looked up my mother's name and found wrong birthdate, wrong addresses, and that she is also known as my sister's name! What?!? Very unreliable information.

yvoneer
3/31/15

I used to be able to find something fairly useful on familysearch.org, but not any more. Their search engines are hopeless, ignoring any refinements you make. You have to trawl through results which shouldn't be there based on what you entered. No longer will you find the name of a spouse - instead there's a list of a number of people (presumably witnesses included) any of which could be the spouse. If you search for a marriage, the name you entered comes up as the father of the bride or groom, not the person who was marrying. Hopeless website.

sandrad29
1/12/15

Ive been using familysearch.org for years. However, since early last year, information off that site has gone missing. IN fact, census reports can't even be found there now for parts of my family (from both sides). I learned yesterday, that, both my parents side of BLOOD ..no longer exist. Without them..WE don't exist. I did ancestry.com last year for 6 months. I watched on there as people rearranged names, locations, dates on census reports. I looked today, familysearch.org has my fathers relative married to his daughter because they aren't careful about what they are putting out to the public. THEN I go on find a grave, and find some relatives listed with some other spouse. Im still trying to figure out how that happened..when there were NO other marriages. What Ive had interest in for almost 30 years..modern generation of researchers have smashed in just 1 year..Im going back to knitting..least on those projects..ya aren't getting in my opinion led in the wrong direction

tinal20
6/12/14

If you order microfilm and do not cancel your order with in 24 hours , family search will still charge your credit card for the order. Even though it has been over a month and still no time Frame as to when order will be processed .

I am not sure WHO has done it but it happens to me all the time.

By Barbara H.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilySearch.org staff and other customers.

FamilySearch.org?