Review of Extra-partss

Extra-partss reviews

cedrickg
12/20/18

I ordered key fobs for my vehicle from this company on Ebay and the ordered never arrived to my home. However according to the courier's transcript, the item arrived on December 15th. Therefore I shared with this company that I never received nor signed for the ordered item. Consequently, I was advised to contact the courier and file a claim.

My thoughts are if I'm responsible for sending a package and the recipient didn't receive the package, at that point I would investigate as to why the package wasn't received. Nevertheless this company refuses to investigate the legitimacy of the courier's transcript or send a replacement item. Yet continues to insist that I file a claim with the courier and refuses to contact the courier themselves

Sincerely,
Unstaisfied Customer

donalds316
12/16/18

A very poor quality key fob, cannt program to my vehicle and company will do nothing about. Dont waste your time and money with this company. No customer service

arthurg64
11/1/18

I ordered key chain remotes from them, it took over 2 weeks to be shipped from Delaware to Washington, D.C.! When it arrived they were not even the same remotes. There is no phone number to contact them at. Don't ever buy from them.

stephenm151
9/16/18

I bought a car key fob that eventually failed. After a week of back-and-forth silly messages with this company, they finally told me that they couldn't help me. They were just giving me the run-around for no apparent reason. What a waste of time. Don't but anything from this seller!

jg111
3/23/17

eBay ad indicated savings on shipping for multiple items. I contacted the seller via "request invoice" and waited. Requested invoice a second time. Waited. No responses. Then I get an unpaid items claim opened against me. So then I just pay with full shipping on both of two items. Then the seller cancels the order saying they won't ship to Canada (while the ad says they do) and refunds my money. What a waist of time. Why even open the case if you aren't going to ship to me? Why not reply in the first place to the first two communications?

mikep194
12/23/16

Bought blue led lights via amazon from this company.half didn't work and of the ones that did work some were green.I can't get a response from anyone.this is a horrible place to do business.

darylk6
11/29/16

We bought a substantial amount of LED lights with controllers and voltage converters. The converters were not high enough amperage and would burn out after about 1 minute. We sent them back and the product was returned to us stating that the recipient had moved with no forwarding address. They do not have a phone number listed any where.

billm154
6/23/16

Bought lights and they didn't work so I returned them a month later still no refund or replacements

jodyg13
3/9/16

ordered 2 remotes for my truck told 7 days shipping have not received them yet called customer service was treated like $#*! gave me a tracking number called dhl they said tracking number did not exist DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE CROOKS

kimy5
11/20/15

IF YOU PURCHASED MORE THAN 1 ITEM?
YOU'LL RECEIVED 1ITEM or EMPTY PACKAGE.
IS THEY SAID "OEM"PARTS? HELL NO!!!
WILL YOU SEE HOW TO GARBAGES( I PAID $74.99 EACH ).
DO NOT PAY FOR CHEAP CHINA JUNK GARBAGE.
I 'VE POLICE REPORTED ABOUT SELLING SCAM.
HEY JOHN
MY LAWYER WILL BE SENT YOU LETTER.
WE WILL SEE AT THE COURT ASAP.

michaelc220
11/1/15

I ordered two remotes and blank keys for my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. Remotes are identical to original and easy programming info included. This vehicle takes plain old non-"chipped" keys, so I paid a couple bucks to have them cut locally.
BUT I also have a 2001 Mustang fixer-upper that has a "chipped" key. If you have only 1 key and want another "burned", you are going to have about a $75 additional cost to have it done.
$#*! at your car company, not a supplier that is selling you remotes and keys for a fraction of the cost of what a dealer would charge.

mw51
9/24/15

We purchased a replacement uncut key for our Ford Escape. The description of the product was that it could be cut to duplicate an existing key. It looked just like the key we already had from the dealership so we purchased it. When we took it to the Ford dealership to have it cut they warned us that programming it could deprogram the vehicle and require added expenditures but we opted to take the chance. Fortunately, we didn't even have to wonder if it would deprogram the vehicle because when the key was put in the machine to be cut by the laser cutting device (a requirement for those types of keys)...the key melted in the machine!

Don't buy anything from this company. When I called to request a refund I got a message machine telling me the voicemail box was at capacity and I'd need to call back later.

garyg42
8/24/15

I ordered a pair of key FOBs for my 2010 Corolla from extra-parts and have had ZERO luck with those. After striking out with trying to program these based upon youtube tutorials, I finally took them to a locksmith and he likewise was unable to successfully program for the door locks, car finder (horn), etc. They sent me a replacement set of transponder modules, which goes into the plastic head of the key, but those exhibited the same incompatibility issue and not recognized by the car's security system once the car was in the receptive programming mode (which you enter into by a sequence of steps by inserting the key into the ignition, open and closing of the door, etc. I finally ordered an OEM key of the same model number (GQ4-29T) from a different ebay seller and it worked just fine!! I returned extra-parts keys back to them, but still had to fight to get the $34 back through my credit card company. They never even remotely considered compensating me for the $50 locksmith fee.

wayner20
11/15/14

I am not sure why so much negativity towards this seller. My experience could not have been better. I ordered 2 key fobs that came with blank keys to boot. The cost was inexpensive enough it was more like a gamble than a purchase. They literally could have showed up here and not worked and I would have blamed myself because they were so inexpensive. But low and behold when the items showed up, on time and well packaged, they looked great and functioned as they were supposed to. Granted they are not factory jobs and the buttons have a different feel, but if you want new from GM go ahead and pay their idiot prices. Don't hesitate, I am sure extra-partss will ensure your are satisfied.

alvins34
10/1/14

I ORDERED 2 FOB KEYS FOR MY 99 GRAND CHEROKEE IN MAY 2014. i WAS REPLACING MY MOTOR,SO NO HURRAY FOR THE KEYS TO ARRIVE,FINALLY ON Oct.1ST,all ready to go,I called my son-in-law (licensed locksmith ) to come over and cut and program the keys to my new ignition switch.When cutting the 1st. one,it split,he then he threw the 2nd. one in the trash (me,not knowing that ) I asked him what happened,he referred to them as " Chinese garbage" I notified extra-parts,and they said that they were a quality product that i had received, " %$&&86(& " If I wasn't satisfied with them to return them.What the HELL do I DO NOW !!!! very,very dissatisfied BAD $18.00 INVESTED WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT !

ricks39
9/8/14

I BOUGHT THIS FOB OFF EBAY FROM EXTRA-PARTSS. FOR MY SISTER'S CAR. SHE WAITED A LITTLE TO LONG (APPROXIMATELY 2 MONTHS, I THINK) TO GET IT PROGRAMED. SHE TOOK IT TO CHEVY DEALER AND IT WOULD NOT PROGRAM. SHE EVEN TOOK IT TO A LOCK SMITH AND AS SOON AS HE SAW THAT IT WAS MADE IN CHINA, WELL HE TRIED ANYWAY. YOU GUESSED IT. WOULD NOT PROGRAM. WHICH BRINGS ME TO THE POINT. I'VE ATTACHED CORRESPONDENCE BETWEEN EXTRA-PARTSS AND YOU JUDGE HOW I WAS TREATED.

Dear extra-partss,

HATE TO BOTHER YOU WITH THIS, BUT I BOUGHT THIS FOB FOR MY SISTER, WHO HAS JUST NOW GOTTEN AROUND TO GETTING IT PROGRAMMED. SHE TOOK IT TO COURTESY CHEVROLET HERE IN PHOENIX AND THEY TOLD HER IT WASN'T PROGRAMMABLE. WOULD LIKE TO EXCHANGE IT FOR ANOTHER. PLEASE ADVISE.

Dear j_rock4d,

I apologize but at this point in time you are no longer within your warranty and we will not be able to accept this item back for an exchange or refund. I am very sorry for any inconvenience.

-Amanda

Dear extra-partss,

REALLY. SO MUCH FOR CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE ABOVE AND BEYOND. THAT'S A SHAME. GOOD SERVICE IS JUST GOING BY THE WAY SIDE IN PLACE FOR THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. NEEDLESS TO SAY I WON'T BE USING OR RECOMMENDING YOUR SITE AGAIN.

Dear j_rock4d,

I apologize that we cannot further assist you this point in time. If you had contacted us prior to the end of the two month period we would have been able to better assist you. Have a nice day.

-Amanda

Dear extra-partss,

REALLY, AGAIN!! HAD I KNOWN BACK WITHIN YOUR TIME FRAME IT DIDN'T WORK, DON'T YOU THINK I WOULD'VE SENT IT BACK...............
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE A BLONDE! STUFF YOUR NICE DAY AND ENJOY SELLING ITEMS THAT DON'T WORK. I'LL CONTACT EBAY AND LET THEM KNOW HOW YOUR CUSTER SERVICE IS. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

Dear j_rock4d,

I'm sorry you feel that way

Dear extra-partss,

BUT NOT SORRY ENUFF TO MAKE IT RIGHT. IT WILL BE ON PRINCIBLE TO LET OTHER EBAYERS KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT TREATING CUSTOMERS. ALL I WANTED WAS TO EXCHANGE IT FOR ANOTHER. AGAIN, SHAME ON YOU AND I'M SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY!.

ronc36
7/8/14

I bought two items (key fobs)in good faith from ebay seller was extra-partss. The parts were listed for application for my car. The key fobs did not work. I contacted them way before the return policy came into effect. Once I contacted them I believed they would fulfill our seller- buyer relationship. They did not expressed to me that the clock did not stop clicking regarding your return policy. I believed that once I contacted them regarding this matter that they would honor there part of the transaction I had no idea that they would set a time limit and just let the clock run until they could could respond to me with a Please reference return policy details on eBay page. Any reputable above board company would have advised me that during our correspondence that even though we were in contact to resolve this matter I that I only would have limited time. I mean they knew way before that I needed to return the items yet they keep asking me to supply them info on a part number that they should have had already being an auto part retailer.It was not my job to look up part numbers from the dealer. If they sell them they should already know this information if they are selling key fobs I mean how do they get any orders wright. Anyway buy the time I did their job and sent them the numbers they told me it was now beyond the return policy? remember extra-partss on ebay be very careful

My condolences' to your past and future customers

Questions? Get answers from the Extra-partss staff and other customers.

Extra-partss?