Review of Etsy

2018 Customer choice award

1,139 reviews with 5 stars

db132
6/7/16

GREAT! WONDERFUL! That's how I describe STICKYTHINGZ!! I love their great products but more important to me, especially in this day and age---I'm MOST satisfied with how Jen and Adam deal with your customers. I WILL buy more & refer others to do the same!!!

Thanks from a very satisfied customer!
Dee

markl157
5/23/16

Actually better than a personal website with google search and is free to start up! Visit my store to experience exellent service and a smooth transaction.: for glass pipes-etsy.com/shop/smokercraftglass
For glass jewelry- etsy.com/shop/LeeonDeMarco

bobc87
5/18/16

Hi, I ordered the Tony Montana picture and I received it yesterday, Took a little time, but I am satisfied with it and it looks great in my room.

Bob

noral9
4/6/16

I love Etsy. It's full of individual businesses. You will find anything you want here and if you don't someone, probably several businesses, will make it for you. I go to Etsy all the time for gifts and for unique items I want for myself. One of a kind pieces. running leggings, jewelry, furniture, car accessories...so many things. It's awesome.

nicolej34
4/5/16

I have never had a problem ordering from etsy. I have ordered from them several times and have no complaints. Always great customer service and prompt shipping!

mikel240
3/29/16

I just received my shirts from David. I must say he does quality work and is very proffessional. I definitely will more business with him.

katies28
3/20/16

I've ordered a couple of items from etsy in the last year or two. I see etsy as a sort of eBay for unique handmade items, and I've found some really neat things on the website. I've never had problems with any of the sellers or with packaging/shipping, but I would recommend looking at the seller's reviews to make sure it's not a scam or anything before buying.

christined46
3/14/16

I've only ordered from the site a couple times but my experiences have been great! I bought some wooden post earrings from a vendor on the site who was uber sweet! Even threw in a pair of free earrings!!! YAY! It did take a while to ship but they were coming from Thailand so it's understandable. I will say it can take I while to find the "diamond in the rough" so to speak, there are some weird, cheapy vendors who give me stingy vibes but you can find some really great items for a reasonable price. I Love Etsy and will be using the site for a looooong time! :)

shawnac4
3/10/16

I bought 3 candles, from this place and I LOVE THE SENTS when I ordered 2 candles before, and did not like the sent, DAN FROM DAN CANDLES DANDLES, , made it right with me, and offered a refund, he acted like VERY POLITE, PERSON, I DID RECEIVE MY NEW CANDLES, AND THE SMELL WONDERFUL.. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING AND WILL BUY MORE CANDLES IN MY FUTURE..... THE PRICES ARE VERY GOOD FOR THE CANDLE $9.99 FOR CANDLES ARE A VERY GREAT PRICE FOR THE CANDLES. I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR THIS NEW COMPANY....

denniss52
3/7/16

Just a short note to tell you about a great art store on Etsy.com. This store features almost 500 giclee art prints by Tulsa artist Dennis R. Scott. The art is fantastic and the prices are quite reasonable if not very low. I am willing to bet that you will find some art that you just really like and want to purchase. Have a great time browsing the art in TheArtManStore on Etsy.com

sierraw3
2/23/16

I ordered two shirts (Drunk in love, just drunk) on Saturday and I saw my email wasn't going to get here until Friday but needed it sooner and asked if expedited shipping was possible and how much and they did 2 day shipping for free. If you email, they seem very much appreciative of business and will accommodate you.

kimberleyz
2/22/16

I have recently been shopping on etsy I think this site is great I love their shops and when I sighn on I love the items they have laid out for me . Items I purchase come quickly and there is always a personal not from the store owner makes me feel special!

judithb18
2/17/16

The 'better mouse trap' will be here, don't cry when you've dallied and find the item of your dreams sold out!

tealn
2/12/16

I recently opened up an Etsy shop, and I have been an active buyer for years, and I have always enjoyed using Etsy.

Keep in mind that all shops are owned by different people, and they will all work a little differently. Before buying from a shop read the reviews and shop policies, and remember you get what you pay for. Some sellers are definitely not worth dealing with, but the majority are wonderful.

robinp39
1/21/16

I love this site. Everything I order is well made and looks amazing. I have ordered everything from handmade cards to clothes to coffee mugs to jewelry. I am kept up to date on the things I order and if I want to change something last minute I never have a problem. I also make a lot of custom orders that come out exactly the way I want. I can't get enough of this site and its vendors.

debbiey4
1/18/16

I ordered the bad m***** F***** Napa Italian leather wallet for my husband's anniversary I'm so pleased with the quality, spend the extra money rather than the 20/35 $ imitations! Esty thank you very much. They even gift wrap =) Debbie Young Georgia

nancym62
12/23/15

When I shop, I love to find unique and one-of-a-kind items. That can be almost impossible in the world of local retail unless I want to spend a lot of money for things. I stumbled upon etsy when I wanted to get new handcrafted numbers for the front of my house. From there, I have ordered jewelry, clothing, home decor, and accessories. It's like one huge arts and crafts fair. You simply type in what you are searching for and chances are, someone offers whatever it is you need.
The site itself is easy to navigate. If you see something you like, you can "favorite" either the item or the shop itself. There are options to contact various shops. Each time I have done that, I have received a response within hours, sometimes minutes.
Many vendors offer custom orders as well as special discounts if you "like" their facebook pages or even if you just request a deal. Last week, I asked 2 vendors if a discount was available and received 15% off from one vendor and free shipping from another.
There is an etsy app available which is also easy to use. From the app, you can access just about anything. I have mine set up to send me notifications whenever something has been delivered or if I have a message from a seller.
I have never used an etsy gift card but know they are available.
Most of the packages I have received come wrapped as if they are gifts. . . colorful tissue, ribbon, and even little surprises. Just this week, I received a scarf and included was a hand-crocheted snowflake.
I realize that my personal experiences from using the site are just that, my experiences. I have been lucky to "meet" wonderful vendors. Shipping has always been fast and any time I've requested a custom order, the experience was flawless.

dreannam
12/16/15

Ordered 3 items...love everyone...delivery time was great...One item took longer to get, because it came from Australia...
I highly recommend..

camilleo3
12/7/15

Last Christmas my niece, who is med school, wanted an "anatomically correct" silver heart on a chain. I guess she knew these necklaces existed - I did not. I searched on line and discovered Etsy. I found her silver heart, ordered it pretty close to Christmas and received it in time to mail it to my niece. It was anatomically correct from my perspective :Q haha. She loved it and her classmates admire it. I recommend Etsy - they have many very creative gift options and respond quickly.

lisam229
11/25/15

I received a shipment from Sally Sloane recently and was thrilled with the merchandise. It looks even better in my home than on the website. I'm thrilled I found her website and it was very easy to navigate and order. Every item was carefully wrapped and arrived promptly.
Can not recommend her stones and jewelry highly enough. I hadn't spoken to Sally in decades and it was wonderful to reconnect with such a talented and kind friend.

margeryr
11/23/15

I love Etsy, I can spend HOURS on it, browsing product after product. Just like any other online marketplace, you have to be careful who you buy from, but that's the case with all marketplaces, isn't it? ... I think it's so great that Etsy gives hand-made products such a big platform. in a world of top fashion brands and huge hypermarkets, etsy is unique

jenb21
11/16/15

Amazing finds, great prices, what a brilliant site.

rachaels17
11/13/15

I read reviews after placing an order with Etsy so was a bit worried. I shouldn't have. The order was a personalised dinosaur cake topper & it arrived quickly. It was exactly what I ordered & looked great!

patriciab80
11/8/15

Thank you Melissa Maffei The Purse is Like New I love it . And the Nice inside was very Nice

johannav4
10/31/15

I ordered several items through Etsy and I am so happy! You need to read the reviews though per shop before ordening. That is very essential. But it is wonderful that small handwork shops can open a shop there. Unique items!

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Check the reviews, and Google the seller. Also, are the reviews written in good english? Does it seem fake? Check pictures from the buyers.

By Johanna v.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?