Review of Etsy

2018 Customer choice award

66 reviews with 4 stars

kellym43
4/11/13

I am obsessed with etsy and everyone on it! I love do it yourself projects and crafts so when I see the creativity that goes into some of the etsy shops out there I just get giddy.

I would have given it 5 stars but I have been having problems with the app crashing on me which is obviously frustrating.

joelm44
4/9/13

I have ordered a few items from this site and I'm sure it won't be the last time. this site is amazing. A great way for crafty merchants to sell their precious handmade goods to the mass market. It can get pretty pricey, but the quality of the items are great. (depending on the store) Etsy should have store reviews.

aniel
10/13/12

Love it :)

rjaa
8/20/12

I've bought many items from easy and so far I have no complaints. Cute items, in sellers. I will be ordering again.

marisab
3/6/12

I adore this site as an online shopper. A good place for handmade gifts, particularly jewelry. It is also a good outlet for metaphysical supplies, which is something I previously struggled with. There are some things I believe shouldn't be sold (legally), and some items are just silly (as far as price goes). I'm a little surprised at the lack of restrictions. Like I said though, as a buyer, this site is handmade heaven.
As a seller, however, it is more complicated. I signed up not realizing the price. I have had a lot of trouble cancelling my store, and the payment plan is set up so that you are automatically charged everytime the site needs a payment. This, mixed with the difficulty I had cancelling the account, led more money than I would've liked being charged to my credit card. Even after "cancelling" it, the site continued to charge me.

toms37
1/8/12

Great idea to make local artists be seen on the web. Good price and commisions

oliviam4
12/11/11

very cute!!! love this site <33

madisonh
10/6/11

love this site,, amazing stuff, a little hard to find things though..

joannen
7/28/11

This site offers handmade and vintage products. It is set up somewhat like ebay except that everything is a buy it now product. I ordered a cute hand painted sewing basket and had no issues with the seller I purchased from. Again you have to be careful about who you buy from just as you do with ebay. Check feedback of sellers. It is fun to look at the vintage section on this site because you see alot of things that will remind you of when you were young. You can also set up an account to sell on this site and I believe the fees are cheaper than ebays. You can also order custom made items if offered by contacting the seller. You can usually find coupons for different stores on etsy at etsycouponcode.com.

jusperg1
5/30/11

A great place to get unique handmade! I love to buy over there.
I have never tried to sell anything on etsy.com, however my friend was not pretty happy selling over there.

However as a buyer I'm very satisfied with this site, it offers unique items and artworks at cheap price.

ab155
5/20/11

great site to find everything

jessicak3
3/31/11

I've had great experiences with sellers. However, you do need to be careful to weed out what is actually handmade/crafted and what is not.

jessicam3
5/17/10

Love this place to buy unique items!

kimc1
1/18/10

For the most part my purchases have been wonderful. I've had some beautiful clothes made, and have bought many great gifts.

A few complaints: they give the sellers 100% positive feedback status even when they have some negatives or neutrals. I don't like that, they seem slanted towards to sellers. I also don't like if I'm checking feedback that I can't sort the negatives and positives - you have to scroll forever to find them. I also think there should be more space so sellers can post photos.

Despite the complaints I use Etsy all the time - waiting for it to improve!

ctt
10/21/09

This site is great for finding original art at fair prices.

audreys
6/5/08

Fabulous source for unique handmade goodies - This super cute site is a marketplace for handmade items. There is a laundry list of categories (incl. art, housewares, toys, etc.), and you can set up your own shop to sell your creations, or browse hundreds of thousands of shops showcasing theirs. Bonus points for the alchemy section, where you can request something be custom made.

Check the reviews, and Google the seller. Also, are the reviews written in good english? Does it seem fake? Check pictures from the buyers.

By Johanna v.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?