Review of eSURRANTY

sales@esurranty.com

87 reviews with 1 star

vishnur4
2/25/19

No update after following up 25 times from last 2 months.claim number - 415417544. Contacted through emails and customer support. None of them are responding

mariow35
1/31/19

I have paid my deductible and done everything I was asked. I have not had my phone in over a month now and I still don't know if or when I'm getting it back. I've gotten no more responses after I was told a week ago it would be fixed and sent back. It's a shame that legal action will probably have to be taken to see any results. That's the only way to get anything done now a days. I should have just paid the 300 bucks to fix my Note 8 screen, because you get what you pay for. Assurian is more expensive but I've never waited more than 48 hours for any claim. So now I guess I have to take Xtra steps just to get some info on my phone.. I will never use them again or refer anyone to them this is ridiculous. The customer has absolutely no control over anything and we are talking about $1000 phones. Wow!

annab488
1/23/19

Filed claim in October paid deductible 139 they kept my phone for 2 mths than sent it back after I contacted BBB these a holes could not repair my phone I have not received and money back after I requested a cancellation months ago they are a fraud company I ve called multiple times sent messages at least over 15 not one response pls do not spend your money they are a scam a fraud....

Tip for consumers: Don't do it....save your time and money

viktork23
1/16/19

created an account
filed a claim and submitted all documentation including notorized docs which cost me additional 150$+

no reply ever since, going on 3-4 months now

horrible services!!! horrible... maybe a small claims court needs to be opened.

claim numbers:
CLAIM # CL5165620
CLAIM # CL5165621
CLAIM # CL5165622
CLAIM # CL5165623

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Your claim was denied and you were notified of this because you sent in claims for all of your devices on the same day for theft. Claiming that you have over $7500 worth of electronics which include 2 iPad pro's, a Microsoft Surface Pro 4, an apple watch series 3 and 2 iPhone's in a backpack that you put down and it was then taken raises suspicion as it is not normal to keep a wearable in a backpack or to have 2 cell phone's in a backpack when you are stating in your claim that you were reaching in your pocket for a cell phone and to then have 2 iPad's and a personal computer. Your claim was denied specifically for not taking due care of your covered items which is clearly listed in the policy terms and conditions as a cause for a claim denial.
yashwantn1
12/17/18

Don't see reviews on Trustpilot and get cheated like me. Esurranty is a bogus company. They couldn't fix my mobile, they charged a deductible above premium. I requested a refund as they couldn't fix my phone. They never responded.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
Don't forget to tell everyone how you disputed our payments to us... We do not fix phone's we insure them. Certified repair centers fix phone's!
gustavor24
12/5/18

I never dealt with a business like this in my life, this is the worse company and is nothing but scam!...
Its been over a month and I never heard from them after they took my money, about $200 !!
They don't respond to my emails anymore and there is not even a damn phone number to call.
This will be reported to the BBB and proceed to legal claim with attorney fees include.
This business need to be stop and avoid more scam.

karag25
10/26/18

DO NOT give these people any business!! It is now 10/26/2018 and I have requested my claim to be cancelled on 9/26/2018 of which $159 was taken out of my acct without them even receiving the damn damage phone! I was told via email (because they do not call back when you leave a VM) that I will be refunded in 7-10 business days. Well I don't know what calendar they follow because it is WELL over that! I will now have to go through the issue of letting my bank go through the process of getting my money back! I wish I never paid the $79 to join this company which by the way I am waiting for too as I have cancelled this insurance on the same day. I have sent a total of 9 emails to Rick Lewis who calls his self the Manager of Esurranty Claims Department. Some manager! He does not return emails on inquiry regarding my money that YOU told me you will refund! He never replied after that when I wanted to know the status. I will also be reporting this company to BBB, you don't just get to rob people and get away with it!

Tip for consumers: Don't sign up, they are VERY unprofessional!

aanshup
10/14/18

I canceled a claim Aug 20and still have not received the refund for the deductible they charged my account its mid October. I have been trying to contact them since past 4 weeks thru phone email and the online chat system they have on their website. I've left numerous voice mails and emails for the manager Rick Lewis and I'm yet to be contacted back .
At this point I have lost all Hope's of receiving my money.

jithendram
10/2/18

I have sent my phone for repair in Nov 2017 and has no update or communication with esurarnaty since then, I have raised many service tickets and called customer service - but was always redirected to leave a message. I want my phone back - in any condition is fine.
Policy #415414679
Policy #415414352

heatherg163
9/26/18

The rates are low because they will not reimburse you for anything, and even if you do get in touch with someone related to a claim they will ignore you immediately after. I reached out to them on at least 7 different occasions regarding reimbursement for a simple screen fix, and every single message except for the first one went ignored. I have still not been reimbursed and had to pay out of pocket. You'll have better luck just risking it, as I have serious doubts about their ability to follow through on any of the claims sent their way.

rennym
9/5/18

Their claims manager is something else. He likes belittling their customers. Very nasty person. Do not trust this company at all. F with BBB , should have checked it out myself upfront but guess I thought they were affiliated with a larger company that could be trusted. WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR POLICY THEY DO NOT ASK YOU FOR THE SERIAL NUMBER , ETC. INSTEAD YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO READ EVERYTHING AND THEN GO BACK INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AND REGISTER YOUR PHONES IN 15 DAYS. I DID NOT SEE THAT SO BOTH MY PHONE POLICIES ARE NOT BEING HONORED. Even though Rick (the manager) told me I was covered and gave me a claim number, they did not honor after 2 months of back and forth. Let me put it another way, if you buy a policy and don't register in the 15 days, don't you think they should at least email you to remind you? Also, after 15 days they should just cancel and refund your money since they are just going to deny any future claims. Just skip them, you will be glad you did. Worst absolute service for third party insurance I have ever dealt with. Deserve Zero Stars but not a choice.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
There is a very large link on every confirmation page that states the customer needs to register their device. It is also in bold lettering on the policy terms and conditions. As you did not register your devices until after your claim, how were we to know what device you purchased coverage for? You then have a claim and expect it to be handled the same day when you didn't follow simple registration instructions...
It's unfortunate that you can take the time to write an unfounded, erroneous review but you didn't take the time to read simple requests to register your device on the receipt of your policy purchase or to read your policy terms and conditions which are downloadable as soon as you purchase your policy.
catherinef74
8/16/18

DO NOT PURCHASE CELL PHONE INSURANCE WITH ESURRANTY.NET OR ESURRANTY.COM i've never been a victim of a scam before this is awful i lost almost $500....

Always looking for alternatives and bothered with how expensive Sprint's warranty was, I found Esurranty as an option to cover my new phone. I checked out their website and quickly scanned their reviews online and found that people have been having primarily negative reviews with them, but I decided to go with them because I figured I was going to be paying in full and that I'd never need the insurance because in my many years of having a cell phone I'd never broke anything. Further, I liked the idea of supporting a small company. So on 5/7/18 I got this policy. Of course, as luck would have it, I dropped my phone and cracked my screen about a month later. It took an unbelievable amount of time, energy, and stress to get anyone to give me a straight answer about whether or not I was covered (no one will answer the phone, live chats are only seldom responded to, and you will never get an explicit or direct answer. In giving vague and delayed responses, they are trying to set you up to evade being held accountable). Finally after two weeks it was determined that I was covered, so I submitted a claim on 6/20... Rick Lewis the 'claims manager' said it was processed and the refund check was in the mail (they give you the choice to send in your device or have your costs repaired). On 7/13, I still hadn't gotten anything in the mail, and they were nonresponsive to all of my phone calls, 'live chats' and emails, so I opened a case with the BBB. The BBB was helpful in eliciting responses, yet although they finally explained why 'tax wasn't being reimbursed', the BBB route was unsuccessful in facilitating the check being sent. On 7/20/18, I sent Mr. Rick Lewis a final email cautioning him I would be pursing litigious routes if nothing would be sent to me. I got an incredibly unprofessional email back- equating a toddler's temper tantrum and stating that a certified mail requiring my signature would be sent. On August 6th, still, nothing was in the mail... I resubmitted a request to the BBB requesting a tracking number, to which Esurranty responded back irrelevantly. Because of this, I am currently pursuing other avenues and have not had any check sent in the mail to me as of yet...
A simple google search of the owner's name will pull up some quite alarming websites (including correctional institutions in Miami) that people have put together over the years... please do yourself a favor and look them up. I have been in contact with esurance, because I was thoughtful enough to sign up for their esurranty.NET site, as opposed to .com, which led to some other interesting insights. First, just because they are 'partnered', esurance is still resolved of any responsibility in regards to paying out, as esurranty pays them to use their name in advertising to lure customers in. Secondly, when esurance three-way called with me on the line, the phone number esurranty provides esurance is a company called "bright star" or "on star" or something like that, and they had never heard of esurranty. My complaint was forwarded up the chain of supervisors, so hopefully some investigation will be done. I'm not sure under what circumstances start-up companies are able to get deals with legitimate companies, but esurance assured me that my complaint would be reviewed. Looking at any correspondence I have had with the company, and comparing it to other's experiences (and posts of their actual correspondences), it appears that it is the same individual writing and speaking, as their language and word choices uses in their dictation appears to be similar. Just a thought...

As everything is pending in my case, I URGE you to PLEASE NOT SIGN UP!!! And I'm one of the lucky ones!!

ros14
8/14/18

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Unfortunately, I fell victim to the scam. I paid for a 2-year warranty. My phone broke, so I submitted a claim, paid full price for the repairs with the promise of a refund minus my deductible. Communication with my "representative" was great and professional in the beginning, but never heard from him again after fixing my phone. I've given up after 4 weeks of constantly trying to get a response from him. If anyone can find a lawyer to file a class-action suit, COUNT ME IN!!

bradc125
7/12/18

I filed a water damage phone claim with this company in late May. After a slight delay, ended up sending my phone in for repair. They said it couldn't be repaired and they were sending to the manufacturer. That is the last I heard from them since May 29th. I have since tried to contact on a weekly basis, and lately, it has been daily. I filed a complaint with the BBB, and Esurranty quickly responded to the BBB that they had contacted me about replacement and I had 2 more days to respond or they would send my phone back. Yet, I've tried everyday for 2 weeks with voicemails and emails to get someone to contact me and they haven't.

timj142
7/5/18

Purchased two policies, had claims on both devices. Promptly paid deductible, then nothing from eSurranty but empty promises. For the iPhone cracked screen, they authorized me to have it repaired at the local Apple Store and said would reimburse the cost of the repair...which they have not done in over a year of repeated attempts to get them to honor the policy. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

yonag2
6/30/18

I paid in full for a 1 year insurance policy in advance for my new Galaxy s8+. When I dropped the phone and the screen cracked, I filed a claim online. They then instructed me to have another 2 forms filled and notarized . I did so and after a few weeks of not hearing from them, I resent it via email and another fax just to be sure but still no reply from anybody in the company. The damage happened February 4th, 2018.
To date, June 30th, 2018 I have not received a reply, a reaction or an acknowledgement of the claim but, I did receive direct marketing offering me a discount if I renew the policy now ... meaning while they are ignoring my claim, they shamelessly solicit more money. Some nerve.
I would recommend you don't use this company, It is a waste of money and your time.
By taking my money and making me believe they are for real, I was thinking I am covered and so I did not seek a real insurance company. So now I am out the money, the phone is not insurable cause it is damaged and I have to pay in full for the screen repairs. Needless to say, I am not insured now for anything else that will happen to the phone.
One can reach only conclusion: Its a Scam

luisc143
6/4/18

Singed up 2/2/18. Cancelled 3/9/18. Was told to wait for refund 7-10 business days later. Not the case. Had to file dispute with Paypal. Barely got a refund message sent 6/4/18. Stay away if you like money well spent. Customer service number does not connect you to live rep, forced to leave endless voicemails. Emailing also does not guarantee a quicker response. Bad customer service.

paulh554
6/3/18

The worst customer service I've ever had! Won't answer phone calls, left messages and they weren't returned. I had to email many times to finally get a response and of course my claim was denied. Had the nerve and lecture me in a email. This went on for a month. Cancelled policies (bought 2) and since I filed a claim on one (and denied), i'm not eligible for a pro rated refund on that policy. The other policy refund will be pro rated. We'll see. I didn't do my homework well enough before I bought these policies.
Beware.

frankf164
6/2/18

>WARNING< Their service phone number and online for request for repair is phony. You can call esurranty every day but they won't pick up your phone calls. Their answering recording is phony because they will not follow up and return any message, USPS mail or email you back. I had USPS certify mailed all documents as listed online, still no response from esurranty. Their agenda is not honor your purchase esurranty insurance contract at any authorized repair center. Esurranty enrollment customer service will only take your money but they will not honor any future esurranty insurance repair service. Beware any fraudulently esurranty respond response.

juden10
6/2/18

Avoid this company, look at AppleCare or another provider. I sent my iPad for repair on Feb 28. On Mar 26, a manager emailed my device was being returned. By May 2, I still had not gotten my devise and my emails got no response. On May 3, I got an email from a manager stating my device was not repaired (the same one that some 30-days ago the company said was repaired and being returned) because it was purchased outside the U.S. (not true brought it in PA). I asked for my device returned repaired or the original be returned with a full refund. Today, June 2, my device is not fixed; not returned; and no refund. I have a complaint filed with the PA and NV State Attorneys General. AVOID THIS COMPANY!

amandar209
6/1/18

Horrible charged me for service never provided and refused to refund my $99. Would never recommend this company to anyone.

nicks286
6/1/18

Never buy insurance this crook company. I filed the claim, never respond. Also took my money twice from my Chase credit card for non reason.

BEWARE!!!

ashishk4
6/1/18
• Updated review

I have paid everything to your company. I have credit card bills. Mr. Lewis took everything from me and then did not send my IPAD back.

“Pathetic / Never Returned my new IPAD AIR since 2014”
11/27/14
• Previous review

As of June 2018 I still have not received my phone back from April of 2014. No one will respond to my inquires. Expensive lesson learned. Buyer beware.

Never buy any insurance from these people.

Response from Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative
In reviewing your account I see that you cancelled your deductible payment 2 days after you sent us your device for repair. As stated in our policy terms and conditions, we reserve the right to hold as equity a customers product should they cancel payment to us for our provided services. The continued payment disputes on your account for the policy premium as well as the deductible payment for your claim is the reason your device was not returned to you.
matengalek
6/1/18

Esuranty is worst insurance I have ever known. I purchased an insurance or policy for my phone. Then, my phone had a problem. I filled up the claim form. The paid the deductible they asked me to paid. From that day up to days I have not received the replacement phone. I have call and emailed them several times.

keishaw13
6/1/18
• Updated review

As of June 2018 I still have not received my phone back from October of 2017. No one will respond to my inquires. Expensive lesson learned. Buyer beware.

“Lack of communication and almost 2 weeks no phone.”
10/12/17
• Previous review

When I filed my claim no one reached out to me to start the process. I received a message someone would contact me. No one did. I had to contact customer service 4 days later to get the process going. I sent my phone in almost 2 weeks ago and I cannot seem to get status. Customer service advises me to contact my claims representative whom I can only reach via email. He either has not answered my emails or gives me vague answers. It should not take 2 weeks to repair a phone screen when via their website it states 1 to 3 days. Lesson learned... Never again...

I am sorry you are having an issue with your claim. You can contact the claims departments general mailbox at claimsdpt@esurranty.com and your concern will be forwarded to the claims department manager. Our claims department does not have a direct number but each claims representative has their own extension. They can choose to give that to customers, but they are not required to as it is the policy of our claims department and underwriting to converse with customers by email as it is more efficient. As I can not look at an open claim I can not give you any information about your claim. I can tell you from the past claims I have seen when there is a delay it is usually that the customer did not send in the proper documentation or there is an issue involving fraud. I am not saying that this is the case with you, but I am telling you what I have seen in the past as we have hundreds of claims per day and our claim completion/payout rate is over 93% which is 20% higher than the industry average.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Is it worst consulting a Lawyer?

By Varun D.

Are you a real person?

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

The policy page for that device is here: https://www.esurranty.com/iphone-7-plus-insurance/ and yes our policy covers loss and theft. In regards to being cost effective, we advise that a 2 year plan is usually more cost effective as the price generally go down for the coverage after the 2nd year.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us.A policy under your name is listed as refunded in our system. in looking at the claim notes it shows that you were informed 03/13/2017 that the credit was returned to us so we resent it to your bank.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Thank you for contacting us. All you have to do is purchase your new policy from us online and once you cancel your other insurance with Asurion, you would send us your cancellation confirmation from them and we will then credit your account $20.00.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

If you have a yearly prepaid plan, then it is covered under your policy with us. If you chose the monthly payment option, the coverage will not cover it as coverage for monthly payment plans does not start until the 30th day after the policy is initiated.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

As we are not affiliated with Apple as stated on our web site, it is not a surprise that Apple employee's have not heard of us. Also, apple would never want a customer choosing any other coverage than Apple Care+ as it would be in direct competition with them. Please feel free to contact us directly with any questions and an agent will be more than happy to help you. We do not pressure sales on customers, we simply give them the fact of our coverage and let them make an informed decision. Posting guidelines prohibit me from listing our number, but a quick search online will bring it up for you. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Yes we offer discounts on multiple devices. The discount depends on the number of devices. We offer family plans as well as corporate and educational plans. Please feel free to contact us through our live chat or email our sales department (sales@esurranty.com) for a specific quote. Thank you for considering eSURRANTY.com and we hope to earn your business.

By Rachel M., eSURRANTY Representative

Questions? Get answers from the eSURRANTY staff and other customers.

8 Photos for eSURRANTY