Review of ebookers

customerrelations@ebookers.com

77 reviews with 1 star

georgw1
11/3/18

Ebookers is a completely despicable, incompetent company. Don't use them! I booked a ticket, paid for it thru Ebookers, and got a confirmation that all was well. Then Ebookers told me they couldn't process my payment and were cancelling my reservation, even though the charge showed up on my credit card, and the credit card people said they fully approved the charge. For the next 3 days I was in limbo, as the charges were still "pending" on my card. I couldn't make alternative arrangements. Ebookers had no number to call and wouldn't communicate by email. Eventually, the charges were reversed and the flight I'd booked (and wanted badly) was cancelled. I had to book a new flight and pay a lot more. Don't use Ebookers!

kali
10/8/18

I have used ebokkers fro my trip this time and their agents are fake and gave me wrong prices and charged me extra..
dont use thm and they also muisused my card by giving wrong card details to the airlines.. absolute cheaters.. and greedy

pierrel50
8/9/18

Do not reserve with ebookers! They sell you fake tickets and you will have to pay extra at the airport. They will never answer your mails. Be careful. Do not reserve with them!

leonicad
8/3/18

First, they charge you $400+ for a connection flight that was going for $150 (ONE WAY!)else were.
Then when you go to change the flight, they're telling you have to pay an additional $260 for cancellation!

The worst possible travel agency I've ever dealt with!

My only wish is that I wish I saw the 150 flight prices before ever given my credit card information to Ebookers!

davidd760
6/25/18

Price changes after writing payment details! BE CAREFUL!!!

:O :O :O !!!
:O :O !!!
:O !!!

johnf419
3/9/18

The car rental detailed below turned out to be a very stressful nightmare.
When trying to rent the vehicle I had to pay an additional £70, as that was their charge for a one way drop off - see receipts below. Despite me showing them on your printed document it was £30, they said it was a no go and that I would have to pay the £70 and claim the £70 back from you, which is the reason for this email.

Having landed at midday it was 2 hours before we had the vehicle. When we turned on the ignition the service light" was glowing, one of the agents had a look, went back to the office and came back to tell us it had been serviced but the light had not been reset.

When trying to return the car to East Midlands Airport (EMA) it states on your rental agreement drop of instructions counter and car in terminal. There was no sign of an Easirent office at the airport. Having a plane to catch and there being several inches of snow on the ground, didnt do anything for my stress levels. I then made several phone calls before speaking to a gent from Easirent EMA who gave me instructions on how to get to their office - at a service station by the M1. Thankfully we were not too late for our flight.

May I request a refund for my £70 additional payment and also request that you get the details correct on your rental agreement to save others having to go through the same hassle as I did.

This was sent to ebookers on the 16th December. Needles to say I haven't received a cent back despite 3 promises and on each occasion they said that it would be in my account within 7 days.

Itinerary No 7304899480227

Do not use this company.

michaell384
1/25/18

We canceled the flight due to urgent reason and didn't get the money refund.Our Itinerary number is 7259100424705

adrianf25
1/9/18

Had dreadful experience with Expedia after they left us homeless after a fake Hotel booking left a family of 4 seeing in the new year with hookers and pimps in doorways I n Pattaya streets .. I wrote strong l private mail on twitter but got apology from ebookers? Very strange although sorry would never of stopped the dreadful life in your hand experience- these companies need stronger regulation and fast as they screw up so many lives

marianb26
11/28/17

We are still awaiting our refund for the car that was not available to us when we arrived in Glasgow in November last year. Very bad service not even a response to my email sent.

andrae4
10/18/17

Do not waste your time. The price shown on the website for the flights is not available when you try to book the same flights - comes back that the airline cannot longer offer the flights at that rate, yet they still advertise the same better rate when you search again. Will not waste my time again.

lolab19
9/3/17

The worse only if o checked these reviews before booking. I am so heartbroken right now. Horrible customer service. I wasted so much money and they are not even trying to help for their own mistakes

marks485
5/19/17

booked with e bookers to morocco
got there 4 am hotel / riad had no room when i got there left stranded in the middle of the night middle of the medina very dangerous beggers and rough charactors
hidden out of sight
very scary
on return contacted e bookers
to complain only to be offered £25 towards my next booking LIKE im every going to use this company EVER AGIAN
book at your perale

siggig
5/2/17

This is a SCAM company.

Never do business with Ebookers/Expedia. You do not only loose the money you paid for the tickets but also the phone cost of trying to get to the support, they never answer.
Why has these people at Ebookers not be arrested???

fraserm15
4/8/17

Booked two hotels through Ebookers.
One popped up 50pound cheaper a month later so questioned the price match, only to be told I was post pay and they would only offer pre paid price match...... Checked cards and and as I thought two withdrawals had been made and in foreign currency.... My guess to pay the hotels....... Back to Ebookers, exactly the same reply. Tried again to be told I was actually paying Ebookers and they would pay hotel after my trip, in my eyes pre=paying!
As the money left my account for a service I had yet to receive.

Some more emails were exchanged and it was now last left as I had only paid a deposit, a 100% deposit I'd like to add and this did not qualify for price match.

I won't be using them again and would recommend someone else not using these clowns.

charlesm205
3/18/17

Called E-bookers car hire service , to get a quote .
Spoke to a guy called Garrish , whom gave me a price of 155 pounds for a honda .
I said i would call back to confirm hence i asked for his name .
Called back , got Darren online who informs me price of car is over 300 pounds , and as i am saying that was not what i was quoted , i am told it has now gone up again as we were talking .
I ASKED HIM TO CALL GARRISH TO THE PHONE , BUT WAS TOLD HE WAS OFF . was then told it would be forwarded to customer services and would get a response in 48 hurs .
I get a call from a Laxmi Viji , telling me theres no record of me calling the first time .
So i said please get hold of Garrish , only to be told theres seven garrishes there . I then asked for the manager and was told by this lady she is the last point of contact and i must send an email re my complaint and also show them my telephone log so they can check theres .
Seems like dialing an english number and landing up in India talking to people that are not inclined to stand by there original quote where u are just a pound sign for them and not really interested in what one is saying --------pissed off i am

alinem5
3/12/17

THEY DIDN'T ISSUE MY FLIGHT SO I WASN'T ABLE TO FLIGHT!!
NOW THEY DONT WANT TO GIVE MY REFUND!
THEY LIE THEY GONNA CALL YOU BACK BUT THEY NEVER DO
THE WORST COSTUMER SERVICE EVER
STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnh676
3/10/17

Poor customer service, withholding refunds. No response since automated message 8 days ago. No record on file when calls made. Claims they have issues refunding monies to clients. Obviously a dodgy company, don't give them your business. They are the worst I have dealt with in over 30 years of travel and I travel 40+ times per year.

peterg144
2/9/17

Booked 3 tickets in April 2016 to travel in AUG16 from Rome to Gatwick on EasyJet thru ebookers. Money taken on credit card in April. They never booked the flight! EasyJet confirmed this! Had to buy last minute flights on BA. After enormous amount of correspondence ebookers admitted liability on 6DEC16 and agreed to pay £2K for tickets and solicitors fees. Still waiting for the money more than 2 months later. Completely unscrupulous incompetent company.

mariam331
11/23/16

Do not ever use the $#*!ty company, They don't refund money after promising to do it 5 times!!!!!!

alisond16
9/5/16

What am I to do? I booked me and a friend for a hotel and flight package, all inclusive at the hotel. Now I have an itinierary saying only I have all inclusive and my friend has room only.I have no proof other than a) I remember us being told we paid the exact same amount but unfortunately the itinerary ebookers sent only shows the final total and b) if anyone tries to book 2 persons 2 rooms on ebookers, it does not allow you to choose a separate room package for the 2nd person so clearly this is not even a possibility. What on earth can I do? We leave in a week's time. Alison

UPDATE! After umpteen emails and hours on the phone, I had the idea of contacting Expedia's media and publicity company. Expedia own eBookers. They were horrified when I told them all the stupid arguments the customer service team gave me. They got in touch with someone senior for me and got the additional amount I got charged wrongly, refunded immediately. The press and publicity people are the way to go!

suzannes38
7/18/16

Booked two tickets from Dubai to Winnipeg. Had to cancel one and was told that my card would be reimbursed in two weeks max. Two weeks passed so we called and a customer service person said it would be two to twelve weeks. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they never called back.
For the second ticket, we decided that we need to cancel our flight back ecause of the unrest in Turkey. Our country's foreign affairs has placed a 'avoid all non-essential travel' notice. E-bookers won't refund us for the return flight. DON'T USE THEIR services unless you want poor service.

ff36
6/28/16

i have been on hold for over an hour!! and i have been 1st in the queue for over half an hour!! its ridiculous!! what are you playing at??? so angry, i have a flight i need to deal with in the morning and i can't do anything now!!

sinany
6/21/16

A couple of weeks ago, I booked a return flight ticket from Copenhagen(CPH) to Istanbul Sabiha Airport(SAW) for August 2016 on ebookers.com. My original plan was flying Copenhagen from London on Friday 29'th July, spending there the weekend with some close friends and flying Istanbul on the 1'st of August.

On Monday last week I received a call along with an email saying that "the airline company has cancelled your outbound flight to Istanbul on the 1'st of August because of operational reasons". And I was told that the Airline Company had already issued me with another ticket for the 2'nd of August. This obviously changed everything! I can not stay in Copenhagen one more night since my friends are going away for a holiday as well; plus I have another booked flight to catch in Istanbul in the afternoon on 2'nd of August. So I have no other chance but to be in Istanbul on the 1'st of August, otherwise I have to change my entire travel plans!!!

For the following days I contacted Ebookers.com's Customer Service several times in order to finding a solution. Each time I called in I spent nearly an hour on the line and each time there was a different person on the other side of the line. So I had to go through my story over and over again with every single member of Ebookers' Customer Service. After spending two days with Customer Service, I was finally told that Ebookers can not do anything but refunding the ticket price! What a proseffioonal Company & its professional Customer Service Team! Like a joke! Seriously..

Even though the Airline Company has several other direct flights from CPH to Isanbul on 1'st of August, I was kept told that there is no direct flight at all! I told Ebookers that I was OK with arriving Istanbul Ataturk Airport which is not far from Istanbul Sabiha Airport.

After all, Expedia kept saying there is nothing they can do as the Airline Company is not willing to offer me a ticket to Ataturk Airport. I was forced to either take the flight on the 2'nd of August or accept the refund. Flight tickets have doubled since the time I booked my ticket; staying in Copenhagen will cost me exstra; plus I have to cancel my folowing day flight within Turkey and purchase another ticket!!! A refund will obviously not compansate my lost and it seems like I'll have to cancel my original plans of staying over in Copenhagen and book a direct flight from London to Istanbul on the 1'st of August!!

All in all, I can say that Ebookers is far from defending it's customers' rights. They are there to work for their business partners' benefits! They dont have any corporate or business values!; They have a very unprofessional way of dealing with issues!; And their Customer Service is useless!

Don't book any holidays or flights on Ebookers! Avoid! Be aware! They might cancel your booking because of "Operational Reasons"! And I can assure you that they will not even bother to explain what are these Operational reasons!! Avoid! Dont buy!

bernardinec
6/13/16

Bad experience including Customer Service when trying to resolve!!
Although this was a couple of years ago it was such a bad experience that it is still in the front of my mind. I am only now writing something as I have been going through old emails and I found my emails in relation to this experience. I never complain or write bad reviews but we were really let down and the wonderful holiday was forgotten when we arrived at the airport on our last day.
Now, firstly, my partner and I both double checked everything after booking online before we proceeded with the payment.
I had found an awesome deal for us to go to Istanbul to celebrate Valentine's for which we were super excited as we didn't have much money to celebrate and buy each other presents so this was our present. Anyway, after an awesome holiday we got to the airport and the lady at check-in was taking her time checking the computer. We asked her if there was something wrong and she said that she couldn't find us on the flight. She then said that all she could find was a flight back to Ireland for us on the same date but for the next month. I said this was impossible as we had both checked everything before confirming and paying. She wouldn't let us board and said we could buy tickets for the next flight which would be in about an hour. We then checked our bank accounts which were blocked by the bank due to us using it abroad and forgetting to let the bank know. We missed the next flight and there was only one left which was going to cost 800 between the two of us which we had to take as we had work the following day plus we had no more funds to stay. So after a stressful 3 hours of trying to get the cards unblocked, lending money and getting money transferred we finally boarded the flight. Instead of being on a high after our awesome holiday we were so disappointed, angry and let down. When we got home the first thing I did was check our booking again and it was down as the date that the lady had said but it would have been impossible for us to book it incorrectly - firstly cause we had both ensured everything was correct before paying and secondly because the date we booked back was in the same calendar month but the following week so we did not need to open a new calendar month but just had to move the cursor to the following week on the same calendar. If it was a different month I could understand how it might have gone wrong. My partner is a bit of a perfectionist as well so enough said. I then got hold of Turkish airlines who referred us to Ebookers as we booked it through them but they were not any help at all saying that we were supposed to ensure everything was ok before paying and it could not ever be an issue on their side which I do not agree with. Things could go wrong with technology as well..maybe with the details passed on from e-bookers to the airlines but basically they didn't give two **** and that was that. So they were no help to us at and I have not booked anything through their website again. I would rather go directly to the airlines or Skyscanner who I find brilliant!

kristinea12
6/7/16

The customer service was really bad! Some of their staff were not knowledgable regarding the baggage allowance and I had been on the phone for more than 45mins!!! They could not answer my simple question and kept putting me on hold. ALSO, the staff used inappropriate language ($#*!) several times.

At the end I called the airline (PAL) to ask the information I needed - they gave a straightforward answer which only took less than a minute. Nonetheless, it was an bad experience with bookers.

No, they are in English pounds

By Colleen F.

Questions? Get answers from the ebookers staff and other customers.

1 Photo for ebookers