Review of eBid

Miami, FL 33179-3899, United Kingdom

11 reviews with 2 stars

loub99
5/7/19
Ebid entices w/lifetime membership of $50/3% fees. Been on several months-not 1 sale. Wasted $. DNR!

Tip for consumers: Do not recommend!

fernandom31
3/14/17
Not sure what to say. I was excited as the site is pretty much set up to make it easy to post and sell. But testing 8 items now for about a month with no results. With bids starting at 1.00 and 2.00, I would think someone would be interested.f
Maybe next month...
as1950
1/22/15
After having made my one and only sale on eBid, I have signed up for the lifetime membership, following which I haven't sold a single item. It's been a couple of years ever since. Starting last year, I started listing the same items on both eBay and eBid. Guess what, when they got sold on eBay, then I'll pull out a listing from eBid, unless I had more items in stock. Even when plugging my auctions for the items that were selling real good on eBay, I couldn't sell them on eBid, period.

One of the eBid's problems is that they don't want to advertise. They expect their sellers to do that. Of course this doesn't work. I don't expect any more sales on eBid but am listing my items anyway, since it's free to list.

Tip for consumers: You can give it a try BUT do not sign up for the lifetime membership.

jessiem34
10/24/14
ebid is OK but been on ebid for 2 years and haven't sold a thing.
craigb32
5/18/14
I have been on ebids for a year in the USA as a paid 49.99 premier member might I add. While the sight does get traffic, I have not sold one thing. This sight is more popular and very good in the UK.
I buy and sell many high value items, in that array I am very experienced with online payments and policies. The protection from fraud on this sight is terrible. My only protection was using a credit card or paypal to protect my money through disputes for items not received. I like this sight and hate Ebay but until they make improvements to protection from fraud it seems to be a waste of time. I have been selling online since 1999 so I am no novice to google key words and descriptive titles etc.
wardj3
12/19/13
I wish I had seen this before I spend my $37.50 what a waste of money that will turn out to be I am sure that in a year I will not get anything sold. Ebay can make me angry at times but at least stuff gets sold there.
charlesr17
9/29/13
I am a seller on this site, or at least I would be if anybody actually purchased anything on there. It is my belief that the site is genuine, there will always be con men willing to use sites like this to scam people, ebay are well established and used to the scams and have learned how to beat them, or at least compensate losses when they occur, but lets face it, ebay can afford it, it costs a fortune to sell on there. I would like to see ebid survive, I think it is about time ebay had some serious competition.
chrisb84
4/1/13
I paid the lifetime fee for insertion fee-free listings and populated my account with the items I sell. The interface was easy to use and the whole process was not unlike that of eBay. In one way it was easier, as all the information entered for listing an item is on one page rather than several with eBay.

A problem occurred on two occasions when I tried to log on to eBid but was denied access. I contacted customer support in both cases and in both cases, they stated they could see nothing wrong with my account and lo! and behold! as soon as they had responded, I was able to log back in again.

This did give me cause for concern but not regarding my sales management as I was still able to log in, after a periodic recurring inconvenience.

WHAT PUT THE CHERRY ON THE TOP OF THE CAKE was when I started receiving emails for things which eBid said had been sold but in actual reality these items had not been sold. I contacted them the first time about this and they said they could not see any problems their end.

Not too much harm was done but it cost me time and worry in trying to locate a customer order which did not exist, and also the annoyance of a now clearly unprofessional system.

Still, it was a one off.

Now the second this happened with the spurious email I thought that's enough and I just pulled all of my 60 listings off eBid.

And I won't be going back. You can keep your £40.
barrys4
6/24/12
Very bad website to use. Poor navigation and bidding is very complicated and difficult. I would not recommend using them. I tried calling and calling because I had a credit issue, and no one seemed to be able to answer simple questions. Only once a manager came on the line I got somewhere, but it was a pain.
norberts
8/5/10
E-bid is an alternative Web-Site to post your used or new items you want to auction off. Compared to E-Bay, yes it lacks some advertisement and yes there are more lookers than buyers. Almost seems that the E-Bay community is coming over to check on the price tags.
On both sites, you'll have to bring along a lot of common sense and experience in order to NOT get burned. When it comes to fee's charged E-Bay is by far the leader and it can get as high as 25% on E-BAY/PAYPAL.
On E-Bid in the contrary you can achieve a listing including a final sale for no fees. This however is a very plain auction without any Gallery Pictures or such. But you can have the actual Auction showing images of your item without extra fee.
I purchased the Lifetime package for about $50.00 and am very happy with this one time expense. On e-bay this can be the fees for a single auction depending on value.
Conclusion is, if you browse around and make a few smart choices, you'll be able to auction off your stuff without the fee's.
Granted, E-Bay has possibly a larger buying audience and selling may not always run as planned on E-Bid and you have to be more patient. In the end it is a very easy calculation and you'll see that e-bid is truly much less if not totally free.
Nobody that I know off is able to live on nothing, so E-Bid needs to make a few bucks too.
nancya5
6/27/10
Why does Ebid require a registration just to browse the items for sale? I won't bother with it because of this. Waste of time as far as I'm concerned. Make it user friendly and easy and you'll have the world knocking down your door. Make me jump through hoops and I'll just walk away with my money still in my pocket.

I really fed up with eBay, they are not supporting sellers at all, they arr closing accounts without explanations, trusting to buyer without any proof end taking piss out of seller. I start looking for other sites. Listed on ebid items lowest prices could find on Internet, reduced up to half of price BUT: no even 1 sale ever made there, No questions from buyers at all.

By Ex E.

There is no 'organization'. Sellers have repeatedly asked for a 'sold' column but have never been granted one as this would show to potential sellers how poor the sales are. They have promised a variations option to list as on eBay. This hasn't happened. The forum cheerleaders come onto the review sites and leave five stars - they were once asked to do this by management after a spate of poor reviews - yet they are complaining about the mess the categories are in. Unless you are selling stamps or postcards, forget it. eBay may have the fees, but they also have the sales.

By christina r.

It was probably a scam to you

By sabita m.

You can contact eBid support by email at support@ebid.net . I don't know whether there is a phone number available.

By Tony F.

go to my ebid. then go to the very bottom of the page and click contact us. on the next page after clicking contact us look at ebid help desk option then open a support ticket.

By Mr W.

I buy from the UK site being Uk based and there are loads of US sellers on their. Whilst some of their products are reasonable the postage is what stops sales. And some items will carry customs duty. I think the Govt of our respected countries are taking the piss. After costs it's not worth bothering to sell anything. esp second hand goods. I buy it brand new I pay V.A.T. all good accept that. So why do you who buys from me the same item second hand have to pay V.A.T. again? and it's not even at a reduced rate. this snowballs to whoever sells that item on. I think the govt's are defrauding us to perfectly hones. It's BS

By Richard F.

Questions? Get answers from the eBid staff and other customers.

5 Photos for eBid