Review of Dot & Bo

press@dotandbo.com

5 reviews with 3 stars

lm56
10/2/15

I ordered the set of 3 mounting arrows in June. In the middle of September (far too late) I received one arrow. Not the best. I will say, despite their poor shipping, their customer service is attentive, and did refund me my money - no real problems there.

Because I do love the stuff on their site, I placed another order for different items. One item is expected by Oct. 7, the other by Oct. 27. If I don't get these items until Thanksgiving, then shame on me, and lesson learned.

2 stars for their customer service. 3 more will come if I get my packages on time, with all the items I actually ordered.

jasong56
9/20/15

Follow up to my first review. Since then, customer relations contacted me. They have acknowledged the less than ideal shopping experience. Amy is trying to make it right for me which I appreciate. I still have not received the larger, more expensive items to date, so I will have a more formed opinion after that time. Pending their quality, I'll decide about the company.

mikel189
3/20/15

Excellent picture frame and was exactly what I wanted by it seems smaller than I expected and I would have liked a bigger size though. Excellent shipping as well.

stuartw18
9/27/14

I ordered to large pieces of furniture, one arrived in about 5 weeks, the other 8 weeks, both said 3-4 weeks.
Both boxes arrived in awful condition, ripped, partially opened and looked like they had been dragged here.
Both pieces of furniture were of the rustic style so a few minor dings or scratches were ok, gave them more character. If I had ordered more formal or modern I might have been a whole lot unhappier with the condition.
I did not contact Dot & Bo to ask for replacements or to say how poorly packed the furniture was. I just didn't want to deal with it and wait for new ones to come.
The first, The Industrial Roll shelf, went together easily and no broken or missing parts. A nice piece and I am ok with it.
The second piece, the Rolling Rustic Bookshelf, made from iron, tin and wood, had some issues. It was bent and I had to really work at forcing the pieces together. I was very pleased all the small screws were present as the box had several open areas and they could have easily fallen out. Biggest issue was 2 feet fell off as I was screwing in the casters. They were very poorly spot welded. I plan on putting them back on with epoxy and hopefully they will hold.
Overall I like the look of the furniture but I feel they could have done a better job on construction and how easily it is put together. I am pretty handy so no real issues but if you are not these would be a bit of a challenge
Due to the long wait, and mostly due to the poor boxing, I am not sure I would order again.

Tip for consumers: Within a few days of writing my review I was contacted by Dot & Bo. They offered to exchange the damaged Rolling Rustic Bookshelf. I declined since I had already assembled it but the fact that they took the time to reach out I feel says a lot. When I emailed back they then offered me a 10% refund which I accepted and received immediately. I have to admit I was impressed.
They need to review the packaging as I still feel had the items been boxed correctly they would have arrived in better condi

mingh3
4/25/14

The selection is great. But the prices are not that cheap. Most of the item names have been changed to avoid price comparison at google search. Customers have to do a little bit research if they want to get the best values.

Hi Simona, Thanks for reaching out! We've located your email case and informed our Customer Relationships team. We will have a member of this team reach out ASAP to work with you on this. Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Jen! We understand that reading negative reviews may make you second guess ordering from us, but we have made several system improvements since last summer and work hard every day to make changes to ensure a more positive customer experience. We're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Suzan, Thanks for reaching out! Our Customer Relationships team is happy to look into this for you and can be reached directly here: www.dotandbo.com/contact Very best, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Mary, Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to check in to your order! Please send a request through our online Help Center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help and one of our Customer Relationships agents will get back to you as soon as possible!

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Melissa, Thanks for reaching out! I'm very sorry about the confusion around our our shipping charges. Hopefully my explanation can clarify this for you. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. For future reference, you can see that information under the header "Shipping Policy" on the item's product page. You may see our base shipping charges by visiting our shipping page at the link below. http://www.dotandbo.com/shipping Please note that these are U.S. shipping charges for the 48 contiguous states. Dot & Bo currently charges an additional fee for packages shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Phil, Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble with your daughter's refund! I see that Laura had responded to your e-mail and corrected the issue with the refund. Your daughter's full refund was processed back to her card on March 8th. We're happy to help you navigate your way through our site or answer any other questions you may have, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through our online help center at: http://www.dotandbo.com/help

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Judy, Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help. Shipping surcharges are applied to furniture pieces that are heavy, large, or have angles that make them difficult to maneuver. The surcharge is in addition to the base shipping charge. Larger pieces are often heavier and take longer to move across the country, which means they cost more to ship. We hope this information is helpful! Cheers, The Dot & Bo Team

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

I called 800-693-9937, pressed 2 for "placing an order" and told the representative I had been trying unsuccessfully to "unsubscribe" to their website but was prevented by a pop up blocker screen. She did it for me immediately and I got an email confirmation within about 1 minute.

By kathy b.

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We are an online design shop headquartered in the heart of San Francisco. Thanks for your interest in Dot & Bo. Please feel free to contact us anytime for assistance or for inspiration at service@dotandbo.com! Kind Regards, Dot & Bo Community Management

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative

Hi Dena! Thank you for taking the time out to share your concerns with us. If you'd like to provide us your order number at your earliest convenience, we're more than happy to check on the status of your order. In the meantime, we're happy to help share how our ordering system and shipping estimates work. When an order is placed online with us, payment is processed and your order is submitted. As we hand-pick special items from all over the world from different artists and designers, we coordinate shipping from a variety of locations. Each piece may ship separately and will have a unique shipping estimate (listed on the item's product page and in the order confirmation email). Once an item is ready to ship, you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number. You may also check on the status of your order at your My Account > My Orders page at any time. Some items may not show a shipping update until they're closer to their estimated shipping window, but rest assured, we are still working on your order. We hope this helps! Thanks for shopping with us at Dot & Bo and have a great rest of your day

By Service D., Dot & Bo Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Dot & Bo staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Dot & Bo