Official Unlocks reviews

31 reviews with 1 star

lienkap
8/6/19

Don't use, I even asked them via email about my problem and they promised it works (Luke) and then just never happens, bunch of cheaters fraudsters and liars

davek218
8/5/19

plz dont use these ppl, their a bunch of scammers, their keep trying to extort more and more money from you, and you wont get the service you paid for,

kaya108
7/30/19

These guys are professional fraudsters, I've been waiting for over 6 months now.
i have tried 3 different devices with those fools and not even one has been unlocked after paying so much.
PLS DO NOT USE THESE FOOLS call directunlock, they're not genuine
Their days are numbered, I will personally find a way to deal with them

fhatuwanim
7/27/19

These people knows how to scam people they don't deliver their services which they promised people I'm still waiting for almost 120 days and they won't update you unless you emails them check their response
we hope to be given a date when this and other unlocks will be completed

We understand that they have incurred delays, but we dont want to leave our customers in the dark

I can assure you that we will all pull together to get all unlocks completed as soon as possible

Kind regards

Luke
Direct Unlocks

peeyushp
7/26/19

First, the website made me pay $20 without clearly stating that there will be more charges (Order ID 10984268). Seconds after making that payment, I am asked to pay $37 more with the guarantee that the phone will be unlocked and there will be no further charges. This is clearly a deception.
Second, even when I paid another $37 for unlocking (Order ID 10984274), the service was not delivered. I was told that a special service is required (premium service) and this time again it was mentioned that phone unlock will be guaranteed and there will be no further charges. I had clearly read the terms and conditions, and refund policy and those never said that the phone must not be in-contract. If my phone contract was already over, why would I bother using services like these? I can contact my service provider, and ask them to unlock my cell phone. Also, at that time, I got a message that I should use swappa.com to check my IMEI before ordering premium service
Third, even after paying more $30 (Order ID 10988924) for premium service, the service was still not delivered, giving me the same message that more premium service required. The error message this time was my phone is in a contract and blacklisted, and this time it referenced cleancheck.me website instead of swappa. Why didn't the website mentioned in the first place that people should use cleancheck.me before they start paying the first initial $19? Why didn't the website mention that they will require more and more money at every step and they will never deliver the service?

Please explain how is your service not a scam?

Tip for consumers: AVOID!

farhadr2
7/24/19

Informed them my situation, they assured me they can unlock my perfectly legit phone. I paid promptly online. It's been more than a week and they have not contacted me in any way. Don't waste your money!

Frustrated
farhadr@aol.com

neilm224
7/12/19

Very misleading in there pricing. I paid £17.99 then after 24hrs I received an email saying my code was now ready & when I pay an additional £29.50 unlocking payment I will then receive my code.

Complete con! I will not be making other payments.

I see others who say this is a fantastic service & code worked. I just wonder did they just foolishly pay the extra monies without realising that these people are dishonest & draw people in who are desperate to get their phones unlocked?

Let help you for free!

Thanks to these people & there greed & dishonesty I called 02 direct to see if they could unlock the phone I bought. They unlocked it for free.

So Don't Pay These Con artists - Call the Network provider direct

wills183
7/7/19

I purchased for iphone 8 to icloud unlock £25, after I paid online, I got email you need to pay £25 more to complete the unlock. I paid total £50 and after 1 week they are unable to unlock it and saying we are getting premium service so then you can unlock it. After 3 days they sent me email we got premium service now you need to pay £50 more to complete the process. Total I paid £100 and they given me time to take 2 months. Its been 6 months now they didn't unlock it and replied by LUKE saying we will finish soon. After I sent couple of emails when are you guys finish otherwise refund my money but they are not answering any of my emails and not unlocked or not refunding my money. I lost £100 . this company fraud and you can see only company website, don't have any contact no. or where is company located no information. We have to report these types of company's. This LUKE has got 2 more unlocking company's all are same. Just online fraud. Is this right taking peoples money and scamming online? if work is not done at least refund the money.
Like this so many people complaining after paid money to this company. I reached some positive reviews, they paying some money to people and asking write random positive reviews, that's way these people doing to get the customers and steeling money.

vladz7
6/15/19

Fraudulent company. Advertise one price of $19.99 and then demand a second payment of $37. They use a free AT&T unlock service and charge for it.

carlc151
6/14/19

TOTAL FRAUD! Stay Away from them! Ordered my unlock for the iPad that came with my new house in Jan 2019. It is now June and not only is it not unlocked, DirectUnlocks won't even respond to my emails.
-Feb 14, 2019: Ordered Unlock, they took my money, told me 90 days (working days) to complete the process.
-Apr 22, 2019: I asked for status update, DirectUnlocks response was "We realize these are taking a long time, it's the nature of these unlocks" 90 days had not expired yet.
-May 20, 2019: Asked for another update, nothing heard
-June 3, 2019: Asked for another update, still nothing. Well over 90 working days now.

Bottom line, unless I hear something quickly and this gets resolved, I strongly recommend against using these guys, it's a total scam.

aggreye
6/4/19

First I was made to pay US$ 104 for the unlock. The process has been going on for more than six months and still the device has not been unlocked.

Do not use them it is a scam

sandeepl1
6/2/19

I purchased premium icloud unlock on 8 Feb, but yet not received. Its total waste of money. Please dont waste your money on this site.

nikor8
5/24/19

To release the unlock for your device which will be sent Over The Air using either 3G, WiFi or by connecting the iPhone to a computer running iTunes, please make the final unlocking payment, as stated prior to payment, of £117.00. Delivery to your iPhone takes 4-7 days, as soon as it has delivered we will email you.

mesudh
4/10/19

241/5000
I have already spent over $ 100 and it's still unlocked.
Saturday 9th February 02:10 - IMEI submitted to unlock server
today is the 4th of april
SCAM SCAM SCAM
How is it possible that such a page exists?

yamiks
4/4/19

1 Month Gone Still my iPhone X no unlocked.

I suggest all of you to Don't Go with Direct Unlocks. They are Fraud company. Steal Your Money. They steal my 52 USD (20 USD + 32 USD)

Also, don't prefer 2-3-4-5 Rating Reviews, these all are written by them to mislead peoples.

No one can respond from customer support.also no one replying from contact@directunlocks email.

Every time fake reply.

If you are having any problems with a purchase please email contact@directunlocks and the team can help

They are asking for more money every time. Still No Solution, after paying 2 times money.

this is fake website, cleancheck.me

@directunlocks why you are doing like this???

razvane
3/23/19

This website is a real scam.
IT charge you a price without telling YOU THAT THE PRICE COULD BE HIGHER AND THEN IT ASK YOU FOR MORE MONEY.
IS A REAL SCAM GUYS PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND DON GET FOOL BY THEIR EASY METHOD TO SELL
I PLACED AN ORDER AND WAS TELLING ME THAT IS 14.99 USD AND I HAVEN`T GOT ANY EMAIL TO CONFIRM THE PURCHASE OR TO SHOW ME ANY CONFIRMATION REGARDING THE PAYMENT DONE.
NOW TO COST IS UP TO £53.00.

THEIR THERMS ARE VERY TRICKY ALSO. TRUSTPILOT 5STARTS REVIEWS I ALSO KNOW THAT ARE FAKE.
I HOPE THIS IT WILL HELP OTHERS NOT TO GET SCAMMED LIKE ME.

peterc411
3/13/19

Found this site and selected an unlock advertised as From £14.99, went through the process and payment came to £17.99 which I was happy with.
THEN received an email advising that this was only 50% of the cost, and had to make an ADDITIONAL £19.40 payment in order to complete the order. Having checked there was no previous page during the transaction that advised that there would be TWO payments.
I will be requesting a refund for the second part of the payment as this would be termed as misselling.
The code has arrived albeit after 21 hours when advertised as delivered between 4-12 hours and works but not happy that I have had to pay £37.39 when I believe the original price totalled £17.99.
BUYER BEWARE.....

I Disagree with your response, as I have screenshots taken at the time of purchase which DO NOT state it's a part payment. You have Now updated your website so it does show this is a part payment.

BUT a the time I purchased this was not the case, hence Mis selling. My complaint has now been escalated to the Which Legal team as mentioned in my email correspondence to your selves.

craigp126
2/27/19

This is a scam. The initial information fails to inform you that it will cost over double for the service they are offering. They take your initial payment and provide no service to you except to "check" if they can provide you the service they say they will. Then they extort another higher payment from you and refuse to refund anything. Despite confirming in an email that their website fails to provide you this information in some browsers they refuse to refund. This is simply a scam.

bobb686
1/31/19

This is a proper scam, when you are first at the order details page just before payment I can confirm there is no mention at all of any extra fees until after you have paid then they change what you're device will see, basically if you try and go through the ordering process again you see a different version of the website with the details of extra payments on the order page quite clearly, making you think you miss read it. I have reported this to action fraud and I am currently requesting a refund through the payment company Nochex that handled the payment (similar to PayPal) and I suggest everyone does the same, you are within your right as at a minimum the receipt doesn't match what they are making out you ordered. As a online consumer you have a massive amount of rights these days! They are also giving incentives for 5 star reviews.

Tip for consumers: Don't

dx4
1/8/19

They advertise an unlocking service for $17.99 specifically for my phone model and carrier. After I paid that, they wrote me saying that they have contacted my carrier with the details of my specific device, who told them that my device was indeed eligible. However, they asked for an additional $42 to unlock it (and no refund possible for the $17.99). I paid the additional amount, and a few days later they wrote me saying that they were not able to unlock the phone, and they would only refund the money if I sent them proof of purchase for my device. After I sent the proof of purchase, they replied that they will not reimburse the money, but only offer credit towards another unlock (which we already know does not work anyway).

claired75
1/4/19

Ask for more money after the 12.99 payment, shocking way to deal with customers just out to get as much cash off you as they can, please don't do business with this company they will rip you off ...

nubianp
12/23/18

Scumbags, waste of time and money, pls avoid dealing with this Scumbags.they will take your money for the first time then they will blackmail you to pay more and more and they will not do the job.
I had a very bad experience with them.

andreww337
8/22/18

This is a scam I paid £2.99 to find out which company my phone was locked to that was ok. They advertise that you pay £12.99 to unlock your phone. I paid that and then 24 hours later you have to pay £29.99 to continue which I paid on the understanding that it would be unlocked 24 hours later. I am now nearly 2 weeks later on no unlock and when I asked for a refund the answer was no. AVOID AVOID AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.

matthewj107
8/20/18

It's a scam. Directunlocks took £12.99, then came back and asked for £23.99 and then after 6 weeks have failed to unlock the phone and won't respond to email. It's a scam, plain and simple, avoid them.

uudzau
8/11/18

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! Can't stress this enough! Really awful and dishonest service. Don't ever use it! You will most likely be scammed!I used service AFTER I read the bad reviews, so i checked for the all-famous two paymants (pre-order and only then actual unlock) but still after i paid i received email that i ordered a preorder and will have to pay for actual unlock later. But still everything not in direct language and not clear. After some while i received that now i have to pay 29.99. Afer my colpaints they RAISED the price to 64.99 and won't even reply! Plus when raising the new price they write that this has been the price all along from the biggining which is clear lie and can be proven with email.Bank can't realy help me with refund atm as the comapny have made it so i can't prove their fault. But i will try again about the change of price and fraudulent statements.Funny thing is - you have to give information yourself about your phones model, imei, network it is locked to,blacklist status and have to agree that it is correct and if wrong you get no refund. AND then it turns out you also pre-ordered(paid) the compay to find that information for you! After you gave it yourself and signed it's correct!Of course they don't reply about that! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Questions? Get answers from the Official Unlocks staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Official Unlocks