Official Unlocks reviews

23 reviews with 1 star

vladz7
6/15/19

Fraudulent company. Advertise one price of $19.99 and then demand a second payment of $37. They use a free AT&T unlock service and charge for it.

carlc151
6/14/19

TOTAL FRAUD! Stay Away from them! Ordered my unlock for the iPad that came with my new house in Jan 2019. It is now June and not only is it not unlocked, DirectUnlocks won't even respond to my emails.
-Feb 14, 2019: Ordered Unlock, they took my money, told me 90 days (working days) to complete the process.
-Apr 22, 2019: I asked for status update, DirectUnlocks response was "We realize these are taking a long time, it's the nature of these unlocks" 90 days had not expired yet.
-May 20, 2019: Asked for another update, nothing heard
-June 3, 2019: Asked for another update, still nothing. Well over 90 working days now.

Bottom line, unless I hear something quickly and this gets resolved, I strongly recommend against using these guys, it's a total scam.

aggreye
6/4/19

First I was made to pay US$ 104 for the unlock. The process has been going on for more than six months and still the device has not been unlocked.

Do not use them it is a scam

sandeepl1
6/2/19

I purchased premium icloud unlock on 8 Feb, but yet not received. Its total waste of money. Please dont waste your money on this site.

nikor8
5/24/19

To release the unlock for your device which will be sent Over The Air using either 3G, WiFi or by connecting the iPhone to a computer running iTunes, please make the final unlocking payment, as stated prior to payment, of £117.00. Delivery to your iPhone takes 4-7 days, as soon as it has delivered we will email you.

mesudh
4/10/19

241/5000
I have already spent over $ 100 and it's still unlocked.
Saturday 9th February 02:10 - IMEI submitted to unlock server
today is the 4th of april
SCAM SCAM SCAM
How is it possible that such a page exists?

yamiks
4/4/19

1 Month Gone Still my iPhone X no unlocked.

I suggest all of you to Don't Go with Direct Unlocks. They are Fraud company. Steal Your Money. They steal my 52 USD (20 USD + 32 USD)

Also, don't prefer 2-3-4-5 Rating Reviews, these all are written by them to mislead peoples.

No one can respond from customer support.also no one replying from contact@directunlocks email.

Every time fake reply.

If you are having any problems with a purchase please email contact@directunlocks and the team can help

They are asking for more money every time. Still No Solution, after paying 2 times money.

this is fake website, cleancheck.me

@directunlocks why you are doing like this???

razvane
3/23/19

This website is a real scam.
IT charge you a price without telling YOU THAT THE PRICE COULD BE HIGHER AND THEN IT ASK YOU FOR MORE MONEY.
IS A REAL SCAM GUYS PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND DON GET FOOL BY THEIR EASY METHOD TO SELL
I PLACED AN ORDER AND WAS TELLING ME THAT IS 14.99 USD AND I HAVEN`T GOT ANY EMAIL TO CONFIRM THE PURCHASE OR TO SHOW ME ANY CONFIRMATION REGARDING THE PAYMENT DONE.
NOW TO COST IS UP TO £53.00.

THEIR THERMS ARE VERY TRICKY ALSO. TRUSTPILOT 5STARTS REVIEWS I ALSO KNOW THAT ARE FAKE.
I HOPE THIS IT WILL HELP OTHERS NOT TO GET SCAMMED LIKE ME.

peterc411
3/13/19

Found this site and selected an unlock advertised as From £14.99, went through the process and payment came to £17.99 which I was happy with.
THEN received an email advising that this was only 50% of the cost, and had to make an ADDITIONAL £19.40 payment in order to complete the order. Having checked there was no previous page during the transaction that advised that there would be TWO payments.
I will be requesting a refund for the second part of the payment as this would be termed as misselling.
The code has arrived albeit after 21 hours when advertised as delivered between 4-12 hours and works but not happy that I have had to pay £37.39 when I believe the original price totalled £17.99.
BUYER BEWARE.....

I Disagree with your response, as I have screenshots taken at the time of purchase which DO NOT state it's a part payment. You have Now updated your website so it does show this is a part payment.

BUT a the time I purchased this was not the case, hence Mis selling. My complaint has now been escalated to the Which Legal team as mentioned in my email correspondence to your selves.

craigp126
2/27/19

This is a scam. The initial information fails to inform you that it will cost over double for the service they are offering. They take your initial payment and provide no service to you except to "check" if they can provide you the service they say they will. Then they extort another higher payment from you and refuse to refund anything. Despite confirming in an email that their website fails to provide you this information in some browsers they refuse to refund. This is simply a scam.

bobb686
1/31/19

This is a proper scam, when you are first at the order details page just before payment I can confirm there is no mention at all of any extra fees until after you have paid then they change what you're device will see, basically if you try and go through the ordering process again you see a different version of the website with the details of extra payments on the order page quite clearly, making you think you miss read it. I have reported this to action fraud and I am currently requesting a refund through the payment company Nochex that handled the payment (similar to PayPal) and I suggest everyone does the same, you are within your right as at a minimum the receipt doesn't match what they are making out you ordered. As a online consumer you have a massive amount of rights these days! They are also giving incentives for 5 star reviews.

Tip for consumers: Don't

dx4
1/8/19

They advertise an unlocking service for $17.99 specifically for my phone model and carrier. After I paid that, they wrote me saying that they have contacted my carrier with the details of my specific device, who told them that my device was indeed eligible. However, they asked for an additional $42 to unlock it (and no refund possible for the $17.99). I paid the additional amount, and a few days later they wrote me saying that they were not able to unlock the phone, and they would only refund the money if I sent them proof of purchase for my device. After I sent the proof of purchase, they replied that they will not reimburse the money, but only offer credit towards another unlock (which we already know does not work anyway).

claired75
1/4/19

Ask for more money after the 12.99 payment, shocking way to deal with customers just out to get as much cash off you as they can, please don't do business with this company they will rip you off ...

nubianp
12/23/18

Scumbags, waste of time and money, pls avoid dealing with this Scumbags.they will take your money for the first time then they will blackmail you to pay more and more and they will not do the job.
I had a very bad experience with them.

andreww337
8/22/18

This is a scam I paid £2.99 to find out which company my phone was locked to that was ok. They advertise that you pay £12.99 to unlock your phone. I paid that and then 24 hours later you have to pay £29.99 to continue which I paid on the understanding that it would be unlocked 24 hours later. I am now nearly 2 weeks later on no unlock and when I asked for a refund the answer was no. AVOID AVOID AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.

matthewj107
8/20/18

It's a scam. Directunlocks took £12.99, then came back and asked for £23.99 and then after 6 weeks have failed to unlock the phone and won't respond to email. It's a scam, plain and simple, avoid them.

uudzau
8/11/18

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! Can't stress this enough! Really awful and dishonest service. Don't ever use it! You will most likely be scammed!I used service AFTER I read the bad reviews, so i checked for the all-famous two paymants (pre-order and only then actual unlock) but still after i paid i received email that i ordered a preorder and will have to pay for actual unlock later. But still everything not in direct language and not clear. After some while i received that now i have to pay 29.99. Afer my colpaints they RAISED the price to 64.99 and won't even reply! Plus when raising the new price they write that this has been the price all along from the biggining which is clear lie and can be proven with email.Bank can't realy help me with refund atm as the comapny have made it so i can't prove their fault. But i will try again about the change of price and fraudulent statements.Funny thing is - you have to give information yourself about your phones model, imei, network it is locked to,blacklist status and have to agree that it is correct and if wrong you get no refund. AND then it turns out you also pre-ordered(paid) the compay to find that information for you! After you gave it yourself and signed it's correct!Of course they don't reply about that! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

jacka157
7/28/18

I have been cheated and I kept getting so much money and the phone was still blocked - I should do a good job with this site !!!!!!!

mattheww180
6/14/18

Worst service ever. Charged twice and no fefubd. Scammers. Customer service refused to refund me even though I met the requirements for a refund. Shady company.

kennyv7
5/27/18

I could not get my EE phone unlocked as it was not older than 6 months. I paid £12.99 to these scammers to get phone unlocked through them. After that they email said my phone ready for unlock i i need to pay £24.49 for them and get code unlock in 24-48h,They then told me to pay another £24.49. 2-3 day later they come back and tell me EE won't unlock as it's not 6 month old yet! What a joke. I paid £37.48 for something EE offer for 8 and it's still not unlocked. They now trying to charge me £65 to by pass the 6 month constraint. Avoid these clowns. They are scamming scumbags.no answer my email,no refund,

vijayp30
5/19/18

First they ask you to pay GBP 43 ,as say no further payment guaranteed.
Later they tell you that the phone(But ,phone appears clean in every test. ) is blacklisted and hence money cannot be refunded. They say premium service required and try to snatch money again. Even after showing irrefutable evidence about Cleanliness of phone ,they stop stop responding to e-mails . And that is it. Money is gone.

iphoneu3
3/24/18

Same like iphoneimei.net. These people business is to steal your money away!!! Damn!!! Its a FRAUD. Im so pissed off!!

leot25
1/19/18

directunlocks.co.uk will charge you up to $56 and then 3 day later provide you with information you can instantly obtain at free sites. No refund obviously.

Questions? Get answers from the Official Unlocks staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Official Unlocks