Review of Carter's

2018 Customer choice award

45 reviews with 1 star

lanah27
5/24/19

I got two orders cancelled. They won't tell you reason for cancellation. Waisted hours on their website, how messy process with filling it! First time they try to blame my bank for the possible payment decline, so I waisted more of my time on a phone there. No, it was merchandiser who canceled my order. Second time I waisted more time on a phone with their customer service to place my order and pay. So, same result, cancelled.
I suspect they might boil you to the point course don't want you to use discount code (first time registration 20% off) ???? or there are many more reasons they are the worse service ever.

gabriellaa12
5/22/19

Placed the order on the Frenzy 2 days sale. my orders were over $500 and i have paid it by using Afterpay.
Next day i got an email requesting me to provide a 100 point of ID.
Even though i payed the amount by Afterpay who already did the 100 point of ID. They still want me to email them my IDs. im not happy to forward my IDs to a third company group. And as a result of not sending it they cancelled the orders.

Never again. spend almost 2 hours online to organised the orders

karib38
4/9/19

I ordered items in store via online because they didn't have the sizes available I needed. They told me it's the same prices in store would be honored online. However when I looked at my receipt I saw that wasn't true and I was charged almost double. When trying to contact customer service they refuse to do anything about it

dangh2
2/7/19

If you aren't sure of the sizes DON'T EVER purchase online . Once you purchase wrond aize they will not make changes for you or cancelled your order for you , you will have to wait for items to ship home then go return it on your own to the store or send it back to them . What's the point of shopping online for our convenience?

nf28
1/14/19

They say they send s birthday promotional code for kids, Never recieved any for 3 years, Yes I checked the junk folder too.
They said they are sending again. Never recieved! Poor customer service!

marinas73
1/3/19

bought 2 items one had to be returned to store another mailed. went to lots of trouble to return those items for free. when got refund they charged me for shipping item back. really? horrible company. have to call several times to get money back that should not have been charged.

heathers362
12/23/18

Ordered a gift on the 8th of December and still don't have it! Called Cslustomer Service and was told "we're not FedEx. You need to call them to find your package." Really?!! That's your idea of customer service? So much for the Christmas gift I ordered my niece! Heed the warnings and do. It ever order from this company. Lesson learned by me. Never again.

lylyl1
12/13/18

I placed the order on November 24th, and I have not received my package yet (20 days now). When I tried to contact them, it took forever to get someone on the line and finally after they responded they told me to track my package online (which of course I did already) and they also said that I should call the Fedex and find out where the package is. Me to call the Fedex and look where the package is?! What's wrong with u Carter's? I have been waiting for the order for 3 weeks, u took my money and now u r telling me to call around and find out what carrier has my package in possession. At this point , I don't need the package anymore, I just want my money back. Horrible customer service and care

nghiemp
11/30/18

Don't ever order from Carter's. 5 days now and my order hasn't shipped yet. Tried sending them a message from their website, no reply. Tried the chat option, no agent available. Tried the calling them, being place on hold for over 30 minutes. Got tired and hung up. Sent them an email. No reply! Never ever again will I order from this company.

alyssab66
11/29/18

Black Friday was my second time shopping online with Carter's. The first time I had my order shipped to the store and it took a whole month and when I got my confirmation email I went in and they couldn't find my order and ended up getting a call three days later to come back into the store and pick it up. Fast forward to Black Friday, it's been 5 days and my order is still in processing. I'm tryibg to call them and have emailed them 3 times with one response basically saying they are getting it ready now (yesterday) and the holiday has made things take more time. Well I still haven't seen any updates on my order and I checked my bank account which had the charge pending since I made my order and now the pending charge isn't even there. I don't know if they cancelled my order or what but I can't get any reliable communication from them and I wish they would just prepare better for the holidays if they know this is going to be an issue. But from my past experience and other revoewers it seems this is their norm. Who knows if I'll even get my order, and if I do if it'll come before Christmas.

saraht247
11/28/18

No answer of phone calls no reply to email. No chat service rep horrible.my order just sit in the ware house now its day 6 really bad angry customer

michaell909
11/12/18

I ordered gifts for a family member's baby shower. Carter's charged my card, but never shipped. Carter's Customer Service rep said they never received payment, which they did 3 weeks earlier. Then her manager (Mr Attitude), when pressed, came clean stating that Carter's received the order, took the payment, but just didn't bother shipping. To make matters worse, he said he would cancel the order and that we had to go online and generate the order all over again. Instead of following through with the original order, he had no faith in his own company and said he would rather refund the order. With so many better companies out there, why deal with this crap!

zeidaj
11/11/18

The Manager on duty on November 10, 2018 at the Carters Store at Bay Terrace in Bayside, NY had to be the worst I have ever come across . She doesn't approach customers for help, will leave you standing by counter like idiots. When I finally asked for help picking up order, she sighed as if she were being asked to climb Mt. Everest I'm less than a minute . I'm general that store seems to hire miserable people that instead of a smile, give you frowns. I'm done with bad shopping experiences. Disgusting!

kathyk223
9/13/18

I ordered some items online. I did not get an email confirmation although I got a message that my order went through. I emailed twice with no response. I called customer service and spent almost an hour on hold. I will never order from here again. I am left to wonder if this is a legitimate site. There are many cons out there.

kaitlynm31
8/31/18

I frequently shop at Carter's but after hearing how one of your Employees spoke to another employee, I WILL NEVER COME BACK AGAIN. You have lost my business for good. I believe the employers name was Courtney and I will say she demonstrates poor customer relation skills and is frequently rude and impolite. Her attitude needs to be kept in check. I've spoken to a couple other customers and they said she was very impolite when assisting. We will no longer provide business to yours stores.

jillm202
8/30/18

This is the second time that I have ordered from Carter/Oshkosh the clothing are of very good quality but when it comes to delivering of the order that is where they fall down. The order delivery statues keeps changing. When I've ordered the items it has been for a special occasion which now with the new delivery time has missed the special date that I was ordering the items for. When I made the order I view the delivery date that would have arrived in good time. This is the 3rd time that this delivery date has been changed. Carter/Oshkosh you need to do something about your shipping department as this will be the last time that I order anything from you. Not Happy at all and very annoyed that the delivery was not made on time for the special occasion. Thank you very much for that.

krish77
8/10/18

This is the second time that I had placed an online order and this is the second time for terrible customer service and never arriving products.
I am beyond disgusted at the response " ma'am there's nothing we can do, it's out of our hands. Seriously Carter's, that's your response to your customers?!?!?!? Absolutely terrible!!
Also, if FedEx is the root of your problems, then why don't you get an different logistics company. For God sakes, stop blaming everyone else and take some responsibility for your cs and products!

I honestly hope my recorded phone call gets into someone's hands that respects customers and wants to make things right. If I hear "Ma'am, there's nothing I can do, I apologize, but it's out of our hands, shipping is 3 to 7 business days. I'm going to blow my top!!

darrylf11
6/19/18

Ever since the carters closed near me. I ordered online 3 times. Within those 3 times it after the items shipped my expected delivery date changed. 1st time it changed 5 times the 2nd time it changed 3 and currently i received another email stating my item been rescheduled again this is the 4th time.. what makes me mad is i paid for 3-5 day shipping each time. So why do i get my items 3 or 4 weeks later? Customer service seems not to have any answers nor will they refund my shipping. Im so done with carters.

shog
6/10/18

Just before mother' day 2018, I purchased several items from oshkosh/ Carters. I decided the best way is to purchased door busters. One of the items in my purchased was a skirt for $18.00 but it was buy one get 2 free. I continue adding other items to my basket and forgot to choose 2 extra colours of the said skirt. When I realized I sent an email, no reply. I'm still waiting on that email anyway the order arrived at my cousins address and she shipped it to my address. I immediately called customer service and notified them of my missing order. She is to let me know my two weeks deadline had pass and she cannot do anything about my order. I explained to her that at check out my order was still showing the item as buy one get 2 free, she said the company would send two even if the customer didn't choose. I even went further to say I sent an email as soon as I realized I didn't choose 2. This customer service lady just want me off the phone. She just keep saying I cannot do anything, it's too late. But I did sent an email with no reply. She offered a coupon on next order I was so pissed this was my first time buying from this company and I was extremely disappointed . And that particular skirt and others like it sells for basically under $5. A big company like this should do what is right. If the customer forget to choose then send 2, if that's what is offer. Feeling disappointed

katrinas36
1/6/18

order placed monday after thanksgiving-my order was messed up several times. First part of my shipment was someone else's order. They could only refund me for one outfit because they no longer had the other. the second part of my order only contained 1 of 2 outfits. another reshipment was sent- that order was lost in the mail! When I called to find the location of the outfit they said I was no longer able to order that outfit but could only issue a refund. After 3 phone calls with customer service and 3 out of 4 orders received, I only ended up with two of the four outfits I originally ordered. As a first time mom I was very excited to use carters.com, but after this, I am extremely disappointed in the unreliability and inconsistency. The only thing they offered for me was 30% off my future order. I do not have any trust in ordering from carters.com again.

hebas2
12/18/17

Carter is good name in the baby cloth stores and well known one as pretty and affordable store , but when it comes to delivery worldwide its really disappointed no delivery in UAE although UAE is one of the most big market for carter and the huge chain prove so , so why no delivery to that country

dianec117
12/17/17

The store did not have the top I wanted, so the salesperson ordered it for me online. I received a cancellation notice 9 days later claiming it was no longer available. It stated I would receive a refund in 3-5 business days. Well here it is 3 weeks later and no refund! I guess they're good at keeping your money!! I foolishly ordered a snowsuit online to which I received a confirmation stating they were working on my order, followed by an email 3 days later stating it had shipped. Once again I did not receive my order, but this time they didn't even have the decency to tell me it was cancelled. After several calls it was Fedex who told me it never shipped. Upon calling carter's one last time I was finally told it was out of stock. Very poor business!! I'm giving it one star because I can't give it any less!

momf
12/2/17

I bought two cute outfits for my baby boy online. I needed them for family pictures. Since I was buying it one month in advance, I was not worried at all about shipping and arrival. Two weeks went by and I was excited to recieve a message from Sandy Carter's asking me to go and pick up my order. Nothing... three weeks went by, I stopped by and asked about it, it wasn't there yet! The worker seemed bugged at me for asking - which made me feel very unconfortable. I thought, well I still have a couple days. One more week went by, I never received any message from Carters, pictures were not taken and I was very frustated - especially when the store had the same two outfits I bought online but they could not let me have them since I bought my online. After a month and a few days, I stopped by again and it was finally there. I'll never again buy anything online or go back to this store. I love their clothing, shoes and accessories but the stress and bad experience with their service aren't worth my time and money.

ellens81
11/28/17

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. I spent two and a half hours in the store. Then I ordered the sizes the store did not have but were available to the store to order. These were a bunch of Christmas gifts. Three weeks went by - no order! I called the store and they found out once they sent the order the order department didn't get place. I have called Carters and they are the absolutely horrible. They tryed telling me I never placed this order. I have the receipt. I bought the items that the store had and ordered the coordinates online. So now I sit with purchased items that need the coordinating top or bottom. I am getting nowhere with this. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE! You will be sorry.

pacienciam
10/24/17

I ordered shoes for my son to wear for a special occasion. Well when purchased they gave me a date of arrival that was a couple weeks earlier. Then I received a text saying it's delayed a week then another text saying it's now going to be delivered the day after the event. So much for that. Probably grow out of them by the time I actually get them. That's why I don't usually and never will again shop there.

I have found better online. Sometimes just 2.99 for shirt, shorts or pj. I always buy off season and get Hugh discounts. The only problem is variety but I'm not picky. I just buy what I like and check again later. Good luck

By Maxine B.

Questions? Get answers from the Carter's staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Carter's