Review of CarTagz

admin@cartagz.com

maryellenb6
4/17/17

You guys are a scam
glad I checked the comments out, Better safe than sorry......................If I have to enter 100 character I will be using a bad word

hamt
9/1/15

What everyone else has already said.

jamesk92
6/12/15

The Cartagz website offers the opportunity to renew your vehicle registration online. They advertise expedited service within 3 days. I received my registration in 3 days, as advertised and will likely use the service again.

michaelb210
4/24/15

I had to pay all of the extra fees for using the site, but better then going to the dmv. Only thing I have to complain about is paying 29 bucks for overnight shipping and did not arrive till 2 days later.

robertf78
4/22/15

After a week of not wanting to go into DMV to make a trtle switch , I tried this service, if you call it service, I have tried to E-mail them thu there web site what a joke, you can't call them,

dawnp19
4/20/15

I found that when i went to the DMV website they kept sending me to Cartagz and gave me no other option to pay my registration. I tried to go to pay online at DMV. They charged me $45 over my $103 fee. Every time i clicked next the price changed. Then you can't get shipping without paying an arm and a leg for it. Will be looking for a different site next time.
Dawn Palmer

ginad12
4/10/15

I almost paid , but I realized at step 3 that the DMV never has charged all the other fees! This place needs to be reported for disguising itself as the Ca DMV ! I just reported this to the local news stations and the Attorney General.

ericp29
3/31/15

Ya, it's my fault for not paying attention till I completed my payment, but I can't believe DMV would let these people do this. They even make the site look like the DMV site right up until the payment is received. A $37 mistake, what a bummer.

Tip for consumers: Don't

richardc93
3/26/15

I made the same mistake as many of you. I am so angry! I tried to contact my bank to stop the transaction, but could not. I was told I would have to dispute it after the fact. I contacted DMV and the customer representative was so rude! She would no allow me to pay them directly, stating that CARTAGZ had already paid it. If I dispute it the late payment from DMV will still be less than all the bogus charges CARTAGZ charged me. I'm disputing it. How else can we get the message out to warn others!!

melanys
3/24/15

I wish I would've paid more attention to the site!!! I paid additional fees including to get my tags in 3 to 4 business days and it's been a week!! PLEASE EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION AND MAKE SURE YOURE ON THE DMV SITE! Do not use this site!

mariam131
3/21/15

Cartagz is a total scam!!!

leet21
3/20/15

I PAID FOR MY REGISTRATION ON MARCH 3, 2015 TODAY IS THE 20TH (PAID AN ADDITIONAL $43 IN FEES) MONEY WAS TAKEN FRON MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY, AND STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY STICKER YET. THE DUE DATE WHEN THE FEES INCREASE IS MARCH 24, AND I CAN'T REACH ANYONE, NOT AT DMV AND ESPECIALLY CAN'T REACH ANYONE AT CARTAGZ. WHEN I WENT ON LINE TO ASK FOR A DUPLICATE, I WAS ASKED TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL $60. BEGINNING TO KNOW I'VE BEEN SCAMMED.

Tip for consumers: DON;T USE IT. GO TO THE ACTUAL DMV WEBSITE TO RENEW WHICH I THOUGHT I WAS DOING,

darlaa
3/13/15

I too was brought to this site thinking it was the official DMV site. After seeing the outrageous extra costs for my registration, I decided to look them up on line. You can go directly to the DMV page, but it is several websites down. I left the DMV a nasty complaint stating they need to relay this information to their customers. This site is a total scam. Thankfully I inquired in time. For those of you who did pay these extra fees, please let the DMV know that it is not ok.

Tip for consumers: Don't !!!

jamesn47
3/3/15

This site popped up I thought I was on the DMV site, I was charged $49 in unjustified fees

Tip for consumers: Beware and watch carefully what site your on

tomp52
2/13/15

Although I felt "duped" by this site...it was my own haste that created this situation...I don't care for all the fees and their position (on the website) when you type in "DMV.CA.GOV" as stated on my registration renewal form. I did, however, receive my "Tags/Registration Card" in record time (3 days)...I'll be more prudent in the future !

eglem1
2/5/15

When registering your car online watch out for this SCAM website that is called CARTAGZ!!!!! It is not an actual DMV website and charges very high additional fees for the registration.

joed72
2/2/15

This is a company that practices deceit and at the best case has customer unfriendly polices. They pop on the web when you search for DMV. They don't answer their phone in person, you cannot alter their order and they don't behave in a straightforward honest fashion. Beware!

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site

diannac2
1/29/15

Oh my gosh, I wish I would have read reviews on this company, completely messed up our order and took forever to get back. Horrible customer service, and not helpful at all to fix THEIR screw up!!!

Tip for consumers: stay away and fight the lines at the DMV

Response from Fatima M., CarTagz Representative
Hi Dianna, I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with our service. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please email me at online.media@cartagz.com with your name, license plate number, and the best number to reach you.

mikkit1
1/28/15

I wish I did not even have to add a star to this website. After 2 weeks waiting for the tags, I called, got the recoded message and was told someone would return my call in 24 hours. 72 hours later I recalled. And the story WHY the tags had not been received should go down in the books....because, the US Post Office does not deliver to addresses where the streets, avenue, boulevards are spelled out and not abbreviated. So, the representative said he now abbreviated the avenue. WHOA, wait...ARE YOU KIDDING ME? First, never heard such a thing about the post office, and second...the address on the registration, avenue is abbreviated. I would have believe the office dog age my registration over this whopper. Was told to call back on the 2nd. Whoa, wait, the vehicle's tags expire on the 31st. This will cost money not being able to use the vehicle.

Response from Fatima M., CarTagz Representative
Hi Mikki, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please email me at online.media@cartagz.com with your name, license plate number, and the best number to reach you.

margaretc42
12/28/14

I would put a minus rating for this rip-off site, and also to google for having this site pop up when I was typing in the address. No way would I have used this site, if I had been paying attention. Too bad there isn't a scam warning.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

Response from Fatima M., CarTagz Representative
Hi Margaret, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Please email me at online.media@cartagz.com with your name, license plate number, and the best number to reach you.

bobf33
12/6/14

Misleading--Thought it was DMV site. Saw fees then canceled and paid the old fashioned way-
with check!

RWF

Dec 5,2014

Tip for consumers: Do not use!!!!!

patc46
11/28/14

I got there by mistake thinking I was at the DMV. I had put in my credit card info before I realized my error. I hope that even though this is a very deceptive site, they don't steal credit card numbers.

Tip for consumers: Be careful -- It isn't the DMV! It looks like a ripoff to me.

marleneg3
11/18/14

I accidentally clicked on it because it came up first when I did a DMV search. I went through the process thinking I was on the DMV website, until I got to the end and saw all the HUGE FEES they'd tacked on to what is a FREE process at the DMV. Who are they kidding? Why aren't these guys in jail????

edwardt18
10/23/14

Scam..Received e-mail on Oct 13 confurming that my registration had been completed, and that I should get my new registration within a week..It is now Oct 23rd and I am not able to contact anyone at Cartagz. All I get is a wrong number recording. No return calls ..
The worse thing is that my charges to my credit card should have been $48.53 BUT they charged me $183.64 Maybe a mistake.?? Hell no.
The good thing is that I was able to get Capital One to reverse the charges and credit my account.
Stay away from this scam.

Tip for consumers: Dont use them... They will take your money and you will never hear from them again.!

jazl1
10/8/14

I'm still waiting to hear back about my proof of registration. It's been four days now. I've called them emailed them multiple times after going online to their site. Please don't purchase your registration from these scammers. You pay more for terrible service.

Tip for consumers: Just don't.

We do accept PayPal as a form of payment. If you have questions regarding your order please email us at admin@cartagz.com

By Fatima M., CarTagz Representative

We can definitely assist you please email us at admin@cartagz.com with your license plate number and last five of vin. In the subject please list site jabber customer.

By Fatima M., CarTagz Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CarTagz staff and other customers.

1 Photo for CarTagz