CarphoneWarehouse

CarphoneWarehouse has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. CarphoneWarehouse also ranks 103rd among Mobile Phones sites.

How would you rate CarphoneWarehouse?

“Never buy mobile phones from them OR is it collusive arrangements with Vodafone?”

Alexey E.
1/21/17

I bought phone Samsung Galaxy II for full price (431.99 euro) in Carphone Warehouse (Ireland) and after more than year found that it is locked to Vodafone (when tried to switch). I contacted the shop and they said that phones that they are selling are locked to a mobile company and I should contact mobile company (!) - note: I bought mobile phone for full price without any plan from Carphone Warehouse and I should go to another company to unlock it! Is not it collusive arrangements between Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone? Fortunately I had Vodafone account and I requested unlocking phone code for this mobile from Vodafone - I got same code few times - it did not work. Result: my phone is still locked more than 2 years and I don't use it as switched to another mobile company. Lessons taken: 1) I will do my best to never use any company in Ireland that sells locked phones (I would consider online company like amazon instead). 2) I will do my best to never use Vodafone. P.S.: if you need more details - I am happy to provide.

alexeye6
January 21st, 2017

Is not it collusive arrangements between Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone?

Lessons taken:
2) I will do my best to never use Vodafone.

P.S.: if you need more details - I am happy to provide.

Questions? Get answers from the CarphoneWarehouse staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CarphoneWarehouse?

Have a question about CarphoneWarehouse?