Review of Carbonite

domainmanager@carbonite.com

1 review with 5 stars

jillo6
3/23/15

I am extremely satisfied with Carbonite. I worked with a tech support guy named Mike. He helped us locate precious files (pictures) that were in a separate drive. He took the extra time and asked the right questions to help me find these files. He then went above and beyond to help me delete duplicates and straighten out my filing system. I like that Carbonite is clear in warning you that they will only keep files you have deleted 30 days. Their customer assistance is the best I have experienced. They are clear and helpful!!

I have a copy of Carbonite, a separate disc included with a Serif product I purchased. I've been trying to install it since Dec. 10 last year to replace an earlier subscription that has expired I was unable to transfer that product to my new computer). However, I couldn't install the new one because, according to the set-up dialogue: "The Activation Code you entered is already in use." If so, I told a technician, they're induclging in a scam and in a follow-up message another technician replied that there was a mistake and told me to find another number. After the 6th back-and-forth email exchanges yet another tech told me that "We have reviewed your email and related history and believe that due to the complexity of your issue, we would be much more successful and quicker resolving this issue over the phone or by chatting with us." I responded that if they could not resolve the issue by email when they have all the time to study it, how much more difficult would it be with the phone or chat when everyone is obviously under time pressure. Anyway I complied but until now there is no resolution to the situation. I have since decided not to waste my time anymore. Although the techs were polite and many surveys came my way to give an opinion of their service, I'm still holding an empty bag. Has anyone encountered this kind of problem with Carbonite?

By Dionesio G.

Questions? Get answers from the Carbonite staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Carbonite