Review of CanvasDiscount

12/30/11

This website is a joke.

lauriem4
12/29/11

I bought a 3 panel split 36"x24" for a Christmas gift when I receive it I only had enough wooden panels two stretch two.... so I called back she told me they would overnight it .. I got it 3 days later and it was the wrong size. I couldn't get ahold of her for 4 days, no answer to emails or calls when I finally get ahold of her she tells me I was wrong not her. I finally get her to see what she did then she tells me I will get the right parts overnight and it is now 3 days later again and I still have not gotten it and I can't get ahold of her also!!

stephania
12/28/11

I am so irritated by this place. I placed my order before Thanksgiving to make sure I would get my canvas on time, they emailed me saying that the size I ordered was "back ordered" and would take longer to receive then expected. Weeks go by and I hear nothing from them, I tried emailing and calling numerous times to find out where my order was and no one answered or got back to any of my emails. I finally received my cheap looking canvas 1 week before Christmas rolled up in a box (which was not what I expected at all) and not only was the size WAY off, it was damaged. Part of the picture was rubbed off smack dead in the center of the photo and there are spots all over the top of the photo. I tried emailing the company once again and heard nothing back, the photo was so bad that I had to pay another company to expedite a new canvas for me so that I would have it in time for my dad's Christmas gift. I still have the canvas sitting here and still after the 3rd email now, have not heard back from anyone. I will be filing a dispute with my bank tonight after reading all of these reviews. This place is a rip-off, I do not recommend ANYONE buying from them.

kristenp1
12/24/11

I had the same situation as the above complaints. Payment was received, got a confirmation e-mail, then nothing. I sent numerous e-mails to their customer service e-mail with no response. I also tried the phone number they had listed - it rang and rang, then gave some sort of error message. I'm currently on the phone with my bank account to dispute the charges. Just hoping I don't have to get a new card...

gregorys4
12/22/11

I ordered a single 8 by 12 picture with brush effect. Website promises a 3 to 4 day turnaround. I got an email that said a delay caused shipment till 7th of Dec. On 15th I started calling a constantly busy number. I sent 3 emails with no response other than a canned thank you. I finally got a person that said order was "lost". But order would be shipped overnight. I waited 2 days no order. I called all day finally got person. She said she had no control over orders. George came on phone and promised order. During call he said not everyone would get there orders. HMM why not? $$$$ in bank? Scam? I got order- Yeap it was wrong. Now George takes offense I called him a scammer. I have emails where he is upset. Good customer service manager. They gaurantee everything but don't deliver. It is an overseas company so they don't care about the USA other than the money. I have to give the present the way it is because it is now 12/22/11. It is for son's mother. They have all excuses no service.

lyndseyr1
12/22/11

We also ordered two prints for Christmas. Never received our product. We did get a confirmation email but never an email saying it shipped. Sent out two emails never received a reply. Every time you call their customer support number you get a busy signal no matter the day or time. This company is a complete scam avoid at all costs.

bk15
12/19/11

They charged my credit card and said I would get email with tracking # (would ship within few days). Never received email or product. I had to contact my credit card company for refund.

jessicaw12
12/19/11

Never Received my order. Had to call credit card company and dispute the charge because they didnt' respond to emails and the phone line was always busy.

leea5
12/18/11

This company changed their name from "bestcanvas" to this, "discountcanvas" I'm guessing because the bestcanvas name got called out for being a SCAM. Obviously, this was done to fool people into thinking that this company doesn't have a history of bad reviews. It's kind of silly, what are they going to do when the bad reviews start piling up for their new name? Change it again? lol I mean look at the reviews for both names - not even one 3 star review.

Anyway, I placed an order a month ago and immediately received an order invoice confirmation stating that my order would be shipped within 5-7 business days, and a shipping confirmation email would be sent. Well, it's a month later and I never received my shipping email, no tracking, and no product either. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift and even if it is shipped tomorrow it likely won't get here by Christmas.
I called their customer service number and as it is a Sunday I got no answer. Emailed as well and am awaiting a response, if I ever get one at all. (Based on the horrible reviews I probably won't).

I can't comment on the quality of the product because I never received it.

My concern right now is how I'm going to dispute the charges with my bank. I used a debt card to pay for this transaction and it that's equivalent to using a checkbook. If anyone has any suggestions please help.

mattm17
12/15/11

I ordered something before, but now we got everything in a box thrown together without even an assembly manual!!! Their phone number doesn't answer and I want to see I could get an answer by e-mail. This is total s$#@!

bradr3
12/13/11

This is a completely fraudulent website and company. They will accept your order, charge your card, print a FedEx shipping label which will send you an email with tracking #, but they will not drop off the canvas with FedEx therefore leaving you empty-handed. I had to call my credit card company and file dispute to reverse the charges. The phone number on the order confirm will permanently give a busy signal and the email address is a fake. Stay away from this company!

lorih5
7/29/11

I was aware I would need to stretch the canvas. No problem, I went to art school and have done this many times. The 24" x36" print came and was not very good. I sent a very large file, but much of the detail was lost and the colors a bit muddy. I paid extra for the 1.5 stretcher bars, but instead was sent eight 3/4 bars. No one answers on the customer service phone number. I wish I had read more reviews before placing this order. Because it's for a client, I will now have to eat it and order a print from elsewhere. Please don't make the same mistake. AVOID canvasdiscount.com LIKE THE PLAGUE!

luckyr
7/27/11

I sent in a black and white photo and ordered it to be on a canvas with a 1.5" frame. The site led me to believe that the canvas would be sent to me on a frame (many other services do this).

Instead I received a green and white photo (a portion of it was black and white, but mostly green and white). The canvas wasn't packaged well so it had damage done to it. The canvas wasn't set on the frame. Instead I just had frame "parts" that I needed to assemble. I ordered the 1.5" frame, but instead just got two 0.75" frames that I was supposed to stack together when I assembled the frame.

Tried to call into the customer service center and got a busy signal. E-mailed them, and received a response two days later. I sent the frame back, but didn't get a refund for two weeks. Finally I called my credit card company and had them reverse the charge.

jenniferd6
6/24/11

SCAM!!!! They take your money, don't send the product, and charge and International service fee!!!!!

chesterk
5/19/11

THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME FROM "BESTCANVAS.COM" LOOK UP ALL THE CRAPPY REVIEWS ON IT. THAT IS MY SAME PROBLEM. I DID NOT FIND ANYTHING LOOKING LIKE A PROBLEM WITH THEM BEFORE I ORDERED.
THEY DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE--THEY DON'T SHIP- YOUR CARD IS BILLED OVERSEAS. RIPOFF

at the top right of the REVIEWS page is an orange box that reads EDIT REVIEW. Click on that.

By Myra W.

Dear Marci M! We thank you for your message. Every size requires minimum image resolution in pixels and dots per inch (DPI). For specific requirements we invite you to check our prices and formats page, as well as our FAQ page. The image itself is recommended to be in high resolution (colors, no lines visible, no marks, etc.), otherwise everything mentioned will be visible on the print. After uploading the image on our website, please use the preview tool. The tool shows exactly how the final print will look like. The prints come already wrapped around the frame, you do not need to wrap the print yourself. Earlier the prints did not had this option.

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Good luck! They have the WORST customer service I have ever experienced! When they do finally email back, they aren't even the slightest bit helpful!

By Andrea S.

Dear Jess, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Dear Robert, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Hello, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. have you tried to resize the image it might be just a bit too large. usually our website will give you a pop up stating that the image is too big. Also try on a different browser that too helps. Thanks

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

I tracked my order from the confirmation email or the order has shipped email.

By Ronna D.

Dear Briana C! Thank you for posting your question. When goods are not satisfactory for the reason the customer is eligible for free replacement print (prints) or full refund. Please check the terms on canvasdiscount.com website

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CanvasDiscount staff and other customers.

CanvasDiscount?