Review of CanvasDiscount

info@canvasdiscount.com

144 reviews with 1 star

katw4
10/23/13

Terrible quality and worse customer service. Never ordering from them again

cf12
6/11/13

i am sadly disappointed with my prints, but that is what i get for bargain shopping without a reference. what they call canvas is a flimsy piece of material that is more like one of those disposable table clothes you get from the dollar store. the "canvas" was put on crooked and the back is not even closed so you just see white ends, uneven stapled cloth on cheap wood. i would have returned them, but my husband opened put the box in the trash and the next day when i went onto the site, it says you MUST return them in the same box. two of my prints were even left with a full white bottom (avatar shows that white bottom "canvas"), cannot even hang them on the wall. nice fine print to get around going with your 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.

i am a professional whose client base is about 90% photographers and i will sadly not be recommending this company. they should stand behind their product and not use loopholes, like a cheap shipping box be required to return!.

ritaw5
11/17/12

absolutlely the worst. Don't ever goj there. Terrible colors, bleeding images, awful canvas quality. They promised a reprint after my bad review and send something that was even worse. I asked for my money back since it was a large order but haven't heard a peep.

nicoley2
9/7/12

The absolute worst company I have ever dealt with!! After they sent me my original order of a black and white image, which somehow ended up in a brown tone, I had to have a reprint done, but once again the reprint was done wrong. Finally it was black and white like the original image was, but it then did not stretch to cover the stretcher bars that were provided for me. Once again, I called and spoke to someone about the issue that I was having and she told me that I could return the print and emailed me a shipping label. After shipping it back to them, I did not get a refund. After three weeks of patiently waiting, I called them to see what was going on with the refund and the man that I spoke with was not only completely unprofessional, but he told me there was nothing that he could do for me over and over. He claimed that they did not have the canvas that I sent back to them, that they never received it, and that they did not have a record of them sending me an email with a shipping label. I spent over ten minutes with him on the phone asking him why I had to pay for a mistake that I had not made and all he responded with was "I'm sorry ma'am, there is nothing that I can do." He basically tried to blame me and act like I was making all of this up and did absolutely nothing. There was no customer service, no compassion, nothing. Do not trust these people with your money! They will rip you off and leave you empty handed. I am now out $63 and do not even have a product anymore to show for it.

danis4
7/27/12

So I picked this site because it seemed reputable...boy, have I been given the run around about my order. I ordered mid-July and I still don't have my order. I emailed them to check that my order was processed because I had a reciept. I found out that the order was printed and being shipped the next day and that I should recieve an email with the tracking number to verify shipping. That was over a week ago and I never got any tracking numbers. I emailed customer service again to find out that my order was never printed. So they lied to me and are now giving me the run around about a refund. This company is aweful. They have no customer service and they lie to customers to cover up their mistakes. Do NOT buy/order from this company.

nicolem11
6/29/12

I received only 1/2 of my order. Three weeks later, I've not received the wood bars for the other 1/2 of my order, but not the canvases. I just called their customer service number and a foreign person answered with a "hello," and then hung up on me when I said I was calling about my canvas order. Funny..every other time I've tried calling, I get a very english sounding woman's voice on the message that plays. I've written very clear emails and have resent my pictures as their request, but still haven't received my two missing canvases. Either they're not too smart, or they can't read english very well. Don't order from this company.

pauls57
6/29/12

Zero stars. Order took many months, had to resend the image, was not clear that order came unassembled. I ordered two and only received one, and the image looked terrible, and did not fit the frame, the sides "blurs" came over to front at least half an inch. Garbage. Total waste of time and money. They should be ashamed. And they are impossible to contact. Forget about ever getting a call back.

lisas60
6/28/12

Extremely disappointing experience! Nowhere during the ordering process does it tell the shopper that your canvas and frame will be delivered DISASSEMBLED. You are required to put the frame together, then stretch the canvas over it (try to get it straight - not happening), then staple it to the frame. The instructions are ridiculously inadequate. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR.

rachelw8
6/21/12

I did not see these previous reviews before placing my order-what a joke! I ordered pictures of our beloved golden retriever to put up on a wall for my son to help him cope with our grief, and I received a box of crappy wood that is warped and the prints are awful. There is not even directions on how to assemble. I am so upset! How do I explain this to a little boy who can't even hang $300 worth of pictures of his dead dog??? Disgusting!! Where is consumer protection when you need them? DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!

kims19
6/16/12

I wish I would have done a company review search before ordering. Yes, the prices ARE too good to be true! I did not see any mention of DIY on the website & would have paid more for a finished product! The stretcher bars do not fit into eachother and the framing company I took them to, told me to scrap the gallery wrap and put them in a frame as there was no good way to stretch this canvas by hand.
I ordered 3 prints for fathers day gift and now am trying to figure out how to salvage a waste of money!!!
Do not order from here- pay extra to get a FINISHED product!

shannond
6/14/12

Let me begin by saying this is the 1st online review I have posted. So to say the least you really have to tick me off to get me to post about it.

I received the package yesterday and was quite confused as the box was 4"x4"x12" long. I ordered a 16"x20" canvas picture. hmmmm..... well, I was very surprised to learn I had to stretch it myself. I put it away last night and decided I would figure it out today.

Well, with 200 thumbtacks at hand, a hammer and a good attitude, I am reporting total failure of this product. I consider myself a pretty handy person (plumbing, household maintenance, no problem). The cheap frame (that you have hammer together yourself) has splinters that put a small hole in the canvas in the corner. Stretching the canvas is very difficult with only 2 hands and if you like your photo's level, you can pretty much forget it. I have made 2 solid attempts totally over an hour of time. Still no better.

I am waiting find out if they will return it AND send me a shipping label, but I am fairly certain that will NOT happen.

This is a seriously misleading! Don't show the finished product on the site and deliver a half finished product. OR show the upcharge to purchase it assembled....then a customer will know what they are getting.

Father's day present - Ruined! thanks Canvasdiscount.com

While the price point is very attractive, you will never get the product you are envisioning from this site. spend the money at shutterfly or snapfish or any other site with decent reviews.

"you get what you pay for" -

noelm
6/11/12

Do not I repeat order from this site, Promesing on time delivery never hapen. Called them put you on hold for very long time..Very Bad business to deal with.

They are suck!

thomasl8
6/9/12

What a horrrible experience and total waste of money. First of all, the canvas you order will come un-assembled - you will have to assemble it yourself. As if that was not misleading enough, they were 'nice enough' to include a sheet stating they send the canvas this way to save their customers money and have included easy instructions on how to go about assembling (really? Thumbtacks, I mean common')

The instructions were of course 'missing' - frequent emails are not returned. DO NOT ORDER from this company - you are better off spending $20 more and going somewhere else. So sad - horrible experience.

jennas5
6/6/12

I ordered a picture for my boyfriend's birthday. They said it would ship in 2-7 business days and after 7 days, I called and the thing wasn't even made yet! The lady on the phone was extremely rude. I had my order cancelled and will ALWAYS read the reviews before ordering anything online like this again. Now my boyfriend's present will be late :( I feel very bad.

ericr9
6/1/12

Terrible!!! I ordered some canvases from them because of their prices. What I received was not what I expected! It was a DIY project when I got it. There was no mention of this on their website. I have filed a complaint with them, and trying to get my money back now.

siubhanm
5/20/12

i was anticipating receiving my own photos done on canvas, well what a waste of money and time. quality of the whole order sucked, they say it is easy to put the frame together IT IS NOT, THE QUALITY OF CANVAS SUCKS, my photos were too dark, too pink, and not like when i edited them. they are a disgrace, and Walmart does a better job yes walmart, they don't use wood frame but i should have stuck with walmart. RUN RUN RUN DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

belindac1
5/7/12

I expected a nice canvas print, all i got was four pieces of wood and a rolled up picture. I didnt realize i am gonna have to figure out how to stretch this thing onto a cheap frame that i have to nail togather. Plus i sent them a pretty black and white photo and the colors on the canvas are all washed out and the entire picture is all shades of grey. What a waste of 60 bucks. Someone outta shut these people down.

sl116
3/23/12

Well, first of all i did NOT know that i would have to stretch the canvas myself.. I ordered canvas before from more expensive website and was never disappointed. However, i would not recommend canvasdiscount to anyone. Not only the canvas are not framed, the colors do not match the files i originally sent.. At last, it took my product 10 days to arrive after the order. I wish i had seen all these reviews before using their website.. never again!!

amiec
3/23/12

Horrible. After 3months I still did not receive my order and then they said they did not have my pics on file and would have to re scan them in. It was absolutely ridiculous. Needless to say I cancelled my order.

salinv
3/22/12

Let me start off by first telling everyone that this site is a joke!!! My husband and I decided to get 3 canvas of our wedding photos and realized canvasdiscount.com was the cheapest and so we started the super easy ordering process. Yeah, it was probably way too easy!!! They make it super easy for you to order, yet they lie about the amount of time it will take for you to recieve your order. Anyway, although it took forever to get our package, we were excited when we found out it had finally came.....To our surprise, we recieved a package that didn't look like would fit 3 canvas portraits....This is of course because the box contained a bunch of pieces of cheap wood and poster type of the photos we chose. We were in shock because we realized we had to assemble it ourselves and did not notice anywhere on the website that we would recieve our products this way. I mean, are they serious? Do they really get away from doing this?

The one positive thing I can say is that the quality of the photos were decent. I read other complaints of poor quality prints, etc.

Anyway, my husband and father in law just took over an hour to assemble just one of the three canvas portraits. That is just rediculous! I wish just like the rest of you, we had read reviews before making a purchase.

After doing some research today, I learned that this company has changed their web address numerous times. Hmmmm, I wonder why? Could it be because they have got terrible reviews, complaints, and maybe even law suits against them? HECK YES!~

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE FRAUDS! GO TO WALMART'S WEBSITE AND ORDER FROM THEM....I BELIEVE THEIR PRICES ARE BUDGET FRIENDLY. YOU'LL PAY MORE THAN CANVAS DISCOUNT, BUT AT LEAST YOU CAN RELY ON THEM SINCE THEY ARE SUCH A HUGE COMPANY.

rp8
3/17/12

I had two parts to my order, the first shipped after about three weeks, the never arrived even after contacting customer service numerous times. I always got FedEx shipping notifications but product was never picked up. Customer service is lousy and that is being kind! I have never experienced such high inefficiencies in any company. The hassle of trying get my product here was totally exasperating. I would guess there is no management running this show. Stay away!

chrisc47
3/15/12

Ordered canvas. It arrived late and had printing errors on it, including random horizontal lines that were not in the original file. They refused to give any type of refund or reprint. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

riou
2/29/12

NEVER order from this site!!! I bought a valentine's gift on here, and it never came, which was a flop. Not only was I left empty handed on Valentine's day........ I called to try and get this order resolved.....and no one answered, their mail box was full. I wrote countless emails to them, no answer. Finally after a month of trying to get a hold of them someone answered......and they said it had no printed, then he said it did print but it was damaged....WTF! This place is a joke, it is a SCAM... I would never recommend this site to anyone! Stay far away...pay a couple more dollars for a reputable company!!!

mias2
2/18/12

It took over a month to receive my order, I called them many times, there was no answer, when they did answer they promised that my order will be shipped on the same day which did not happened. The print wasn't stretched and I had to do it by myself.
Overall, I would not suggest dealing with them.

johnh84
2/17/12

Guess the most important thing to know about this site is you get what you pay for. First, it was not clear that you need to assemble the frame and stretch the canvas yourself. The frame materials are very cheap. The quality of the printing is just barely average. Comparing this to canvas4life, even thvough they are more expensive, I would pay the higher price in a second versus going back to discountcanvas. Needless to say, I feel the overall quality is poor.

Dear Jess, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

at the top right of the REVIEWS page is an orange box that reads EDIT REVIEW. Click on that.

By Myra W.

Dear Marci M! We thank you for your message. Every size requires minimum image resolution in pixels and dots per inch (DPI). For specific requirements we invite you to check our prices and formats page, as well as our FAQ page. The image itself is recommended to be in high resolution (colors, no lines visible, no marks, etc.), otherwise everything mentioned will be visible on the print. After uploading the image on our website, please use the preview tool. The tool shows exactly how the final print will look like. The prints come already wrapped around the frame, you do not need to wrap the print yourself. Earlier the prints did not had this option.

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Good luck! They have the WORST customer service I have ever experienced! When they do finally email back, they aren't even the slightest bit helpful!

By Andrea S.

click on this link youlle get a site that checks the Quality of the photo: https://posterprintshop.com/file-quality-check/

By Moses S.

Dear Robert, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Hello, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. have you tried to resize the image it might be just a bit too large. usually our website will give you a pop up stating that the image is too big. Also try on a different browser that too helps. Thanks

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

I tracked my order from the confirmation email or the order has shipped email.

By Ronna D.

Dear Briana C! Thank you for posting your question. When goods are not satisfactory for the reason the customer is eligible for free replacement print (prints) or full refund. Please check the terms on canvasdiscount.com website

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CanvasDiscount staff and other customers.

CanvasDiscount?