Review of CanvasDiscount

info@canvasdiscount.com

144 reviews with 1 star

diannev3
9/12/16

Ordered a canvas that arrived with picture so dark it is hard to see facial expressions.I tried to reach customer service by phone but it is a bogus phone number and no one answers. I thought they would work with me but how could they if you can't reach them. I will now try to get Ebates to drop them and post on whatever sites I can find my experience so as to help other consumers. Sad that any customer service at all, could have solved this and many other posted problems. Poor business sense!!

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Hi Dianne,
We are terribly sorry for the negative experience you had shopping with us. Our phones do tend to get busy and we are working on that. You can always send us an email, please reach out to us at info@canvasdiscount.com

jollyf
8/2/16

I was delighted to find a canvas printer that offered such quick service because I needed the canvas quick. They did not ship in 24 hours. The ony thing they did fast was process my payment. They shipped after 5 business days.
Contacting them to cancel the order and get a refund was aggravating and pointless. They can't cancel the order once they receive your payment. The worst thing is that to get a refund, you have to destroy the canvas you ordered. You cannot return it. Total intimidation.
I will not do business with this company again. If I could have given them 0 stars I would have. There's plenty more I could say, but I'm so disgusted that more words are not likely to help.
Besides, I have to go rest up. It MAY come tomorrow--12 days after I ordered it-- and I need to have enough energy to shred the canvas print of my daughter so I can get my money back.
Terrible service.Terrible communication. Terrible experience. Don't do business with this awful company.

tuant4
6/7/16

I got my canvas print today, it turns out very blurry and print in very low quality, good price + low quality = waste time

Response from Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative
Tuan,
We truly apologize for the negative experience. You can always reach out to our customer service so we can help you with your order. You can email us at info@canvasdiscount.com

rebeccao19
4/13/16

I ordered prints for Christmas presents. I had hired a professional photographer to take the photo's in a format for the canvas prints. I ordered the prints and they were horrible. They were all washed out and grainy. I have tried to work with the company and be patient but it is now April and I have had no refund or replacement prints. Sad because I have tried to give them the benefit that it was Christmas and maybe just too busy and the prints were not good. I wish they would have just worked with me.

windyc2
3/16/16

I was very disappointed when I received my canvas print. It was not canvas, it was plastic !! I immediately took it over to one of my other canvas prints and you can absolutely tell that my picture was printed on a vinyl weave to look like canvas. Not to mention that the picture was dull and faded. False advertisement !! Poor Quality !!

tims113
2/16/16

I have tried calling them between their hours of 11a-4p Eastern Time. Phone plays a recorded message 3 times and then hangs up

mk90
1/15/16

Poor quality products received. Customer Service does not answer phone nor email.

marcr25
12/28/15

This may be the worst company ever to deal with. Could not have been more disappointed this this company

lindas218
12/23/15

I ordered 7 canvas prints from Canvas Discount. When the prints arrived I was devastated. They were HORRIBLE! I called customer service and they looked at the proof that I sent and agreed that the pictures were awful, washed out and over-exposed. They said they would reprint them. When the second try prints arrived, they were just as bad or worse. Now, just a few days before Christmas, I have to find another company and have to start all over and pay extra for overnight shipping. I just received the new canvas prints from the other company and they are fabulous! Never, never shop from Canvas Discount! They don't know what they are doing.

pattyp6
12/22/15

When I placed my order, the website stated "orders ship within 24 hours". NOT TRUE - I got an email 5 days after ordering that stated my order just got shipped. Totally screwed up my Christmas present. Can't speak for the quality, the order still has not arrived after 8 days.

Here's an update, now that my order finally arrived. They are HORRIBLE. I ordered 4 canvases and they are all extremely washed out and all have a yellowish tint. Dark green leaves came out a yellowish green, and a black covered bridge turned out a dull grey. The ones with people are so washed out that their faces looked blended into the white background. This was $75 down the drain as I am too embarrassed to offer them as a gift. I want my money back!

laurenc242
12/19/15

DO NOT buy from this retailer unless you don't mind give someone money and getting nothing in return and having NO ability to talk with an actual human in customer service.

BEWARE - my account was immediately debited, no communication beyond confirmation of order, no shipping confirmation, and the order has not arrived (it's two days late).

SCUM BAGS

adas13
12/14/15

I had recently gone on safari in Africa and had ordered a number of canvasses in several sizes for a program I will be giving. I was
extremely disappointed in the reproduction of my photos! The
centering of the photos on the canvas was bizarre, cutting off
people's heads, cutting a lion off just under his nose; the quality of the canvas, the color reproduction and the finish were all very
poor.
I had moved these canvasses to the trash pile, but my son suggested contacting customer service instead. Numerous calls
to that number were dropped or just a busy signal.
I had to learn yet again that "you get what you pay for" and this
time the product was totally unusable! Do not waste your time or money here. There are better choices out there.

myraw5
11/25/15

I've always had great expectations from CanvasDiscount and never been disappointed UNTIL NOW!! I recieved the 30x40 canvas that I ordered after Christmas and it was a mess. The colors are weird and the entire print is so fuzzy that you cannot see anyone's eyes clearly. The resolution that I sent was very high so that's no excuse. I noticed that Canvas Discount was recently getting more and more BAD reviews but I thought, 'They've never disappointed ME.', so I went ahead with my order. Big mistake. I sincerely wish I had ordered from another company. I learned my lesson. Pay ATTENTION to reviews!!!

brendab45
11/24/15

i sent in a canvas print of me and my husband...the wrap around chopped off the top of our heads...so i have not hung this up...kind of busy to deal with sending it back. not interested in using your site again.

lilyw16
4/22/15

Fool me twice, shame on me! I placed a large order with this company two years ago and about 25% of the pieces had rub scars on the surface or had creases showing from the canvas pressing against the wooden frame in transit. I contacted the company and sent photos that clearly showed the issue with the pieces. They were good about quickly replacing the items. A week ago, I decided to give them a second chance, thinking the quality should have improved since then. That was a huge error in assumption on my part because I just received 8 pieces, some of which are large. Now 75% of the product has either rub marks or long creases where the canvas and the wood frame touch. Some have both problems! The canvas is too thin and the workmanship is poor. Also, it appears there is no protective surface on the canvas to reduce the severity of scarring. Substandard materials and very poor pride in workmanship sums up this company. Run away as fast as you can, from their website.

mistyh3
12/12/14

I ordered a canvas, wasn't even a photo, it was a sentence that I always say to my husband, I was going to give this to him for our anniversary. I love the fact I received it in two days, the actual print came out nice...BUT, it looks like a five year old assemble it, it is HORRIBLE. There are scuff marks in three places, the canvas was put on crooked and the corners are bunched up, it is NASTY. I am so disappointed. I sent an email and have called numerous times today, and after waiting on hold for exactly 3 minutes and 46 seconds it disconnects, how convenient. I usually never write bad reviews, and I always try to resolve any issues, but in this case I am so angry at their LACK of customer service. PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY

aaronh6
11/14/14

Horrible, horrible, horrible. First they promise 48 shipment on their website. When this didn't happened, I inquired by phone (it's hard to get a hold of them) and was promised it would go out that very day over night, and it didn't happen. I called the 3rd time and had a manager promise me twice that he would have the order out that day over night. I never received it the next day. When I called back, he had no clue why it hadn't gone out. At first I thought it was incompetence, but I'm pretty sure these guys lie. The only reason they get a 1 star is because he promised a prompt refund of my money, when I asked to cancel, and they actually delivered on that. I would steer clear of this site.

charlesk7
10/27/14

Item not as ordered..poor quality print...not assembled on frame as they intimated...slow delivery, terrible customer service, found out they're not in the US..they're in Germany, even though they claim to be here.

briannak3
1/29/14

I am a start up company, trying to find a reputable canvas company to print my photography on, for my clients. Being my own business, I would like to buy wholesale, not retail, but am having difficulty finding that online. Since doing my research, I have come across this site and the prices are right. Their website is nice, shows user ratings, offering money back guarantee, ease of use, etc. I decided to google reviews on canvasdiscount to see how other customers feel about them since I dont know anything about them (ie they were not recommended to me, I just happened upon them). Anyway, the 1st 10 reviews or so were TERRIBLE! That made me very uneasy. Continuing through the reviews, there were some very good ones, and some ok ones. However, they were all so inconsistent. One person thinks the quality is great, another says it stinks. One thing that I found common throughout, whether happy or not so happy, was their customer service. So while I was on their site today, I decided to chat with someone about my concerns. Their phone hours are only between 2-4pm Mon-Fri, so I was not able to have a conversation about this unless I waited. That is ridiculous, 1st of all. Only 2 hours a day they are available by phone? I did try to call anyway, and they have a message, but no ability to leave a voicemail. Check mark #2. No bueno. Anyway, upon my chat with Luis, everything was going fine initially, and then after my 2nd or 3rd question, he no longer was responding. We discussed the return policy, the resolution in images as for quality of images on large size canvases, etc. Nothing rude or anything. After no response for several minutes,, I asked if he was still there? No response. I then typed, "hmmmmmmm....." Again, no response. Several more minutes passed and I asked if he was still there? No response. I closed out the chat with, "I guess this is a sign. Thanks" So yah! If this is my FIRST contact with the company, no way in hell will I be ordering anything from them, EVER! They cant even maintain a chat conversation. Unreal.

kelvinc24
12/24/13

Site gives a 72 hour turnaround guarantee... Bull S&$%! Ordered a gift on the 15th this month, paid in full, no shipping notice, no response to multiple emails phone calls and I even tried reaching them through Facebook and phone! Nothing!!!! F these guys!

irritatedc1
12/22/13

FRAUD! FRAUD! FRAUD! I purchased a canvas from them because of their promise of Christmas delivery. While it's still only the 22nd, I haven't received notice of shipment. I tried contacting them through their customer service and through Facebook with NO REPLY. When I placed the order, they withdrew the funds from my account. Mysteriously, upon questioning where my order is, that transaction never went beyond "pending".
Also, they are not a Florida company. When the charges come, they are overseas and you will most likely get hit with an extra charge from your bank.

elaneh
12/21/13

I ordered a christmas gift weeks ago to make sure I had it in time to give to my nephews. When I logged into the site, it said it was shipped after a few days, but I never received a tracking number. Customer service email response was that the order was being "reprocessed" and I'd get it soon. Another 10 days goes by and I haven't heard a peep from them and the login information says the same thing prior to the "reprocessing" email. I now have to go out and shop again for my nephews. Really bummed because this site was highly recommended by 2 photographer friends. I'll be sharing my experience with them so they know service isn't what it use to be.

fiorentinot
12/20/13

SOOOOOO ticked off at this company. Ordered a canvas and they say "guarantee 72 hour turn around". I never received the email saying it was sent so i called there and of course got a voicemail and couldnt leave a message. Called over and over and over, finally got someone to anser and spoke with a real person. Was told the order failed to upload, they did see the order though. Was told by a supervisor "Julian" it would be done that night and whould be delivered by December 20, and that i would recieve a coupon by email for 50% off. Well today is the 20th, still never received a email that it was sent, never recieved a email with a coupon. AND CANT get a person to answer the phone. WHAT A JOKE. WILL NEVER use this place again. Thanks for upsetting my kids, now there present for their dad isnt here for them to give him!

robm42
12/10/13

I have never wrote a complaint email ever. This was my first one. I was sooo pissed! Here was the email I wrote them:

I've had made many orders over your "canvasdicount.com"

#USA99900093097

This is I had used the "SAVE75" discount code you guys emailed me.

I then saw on your site the all orders over $75 get free shipping. I got my email of confirmation and it had said I was getting charge shipping ? I thought simply there was a glitch of some sort. So i decided to call in "1-855-335-9926"

The guy I talked to told me I need to order over the Canadian website. I had no idea there was one. Your employee said once you order over the Canadian site, I should call back in and you guys would apply the credits that I was expecting, hence "SAVE75" and Free shipping over $75.

Then I called to get my credits with my Canadian order "#CAA119900013373"
The guy I talked to found the guy I was originally talking to and said they will apply a $70 credit. I was happy that you had kept your word. Later that day I was realizing there was no confirmation email for that credit. So I called in again! They lady I talked to said there's no record of a credit being added?

I'm pissed! I can't believe what I had to go through. Very misleading and a waste of my time! You will not see me ordering from you again and I will be posting this email on sites that rate your site.

VERY BAD CORDINATION WITH YOUR EMPLOYEES!!! VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

damions10
11/19/13

Its a joke, customer service continually sending lies such as, the USPS will not accept packages destined to APO. Considering this is a joint service between the USPS and the military they really should get their facts together before finding some lame excuse. I have received shipments from canvaspeople.com and other online vendors mailed with fedex, which is then turned over to USPS or by USPS which gets delivered no problem. Customer service seems to be lazy and not willing to fill out a customs form. The website clearly accepts FPO/APO address. Service members or anyone station overseas be careful dealing with this company. The best answer would have been to publicly state your policy versus accepting an order, waiting three days then trying to convince the customer of mailing it to an alternate address. News flash, stationed overseas.

Dear Jess, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

at the top right of the REVIEWS page is an orange box that reads EDIT REVIEW. Click on that.

By Myra W.

Dear Marci M! We thank you for your message. Every size requires minimum image resolution in pixels and dots per inch (DPI). For specific requirements we invite you to check our prices and formats page, as well as our FAQ page. The image itself is recommended to be in high resolution (colors, no lines visible, no marks, etc.), otherwise everything mentioned will be visible on the print. After uploading the image on our website, please use the preview tool. The tool shows exactly how the final print will look like. The prints come already wrapped around the frame, you do not need to wrap the print yourself. Earlier the prints did not had this option.

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Good luck! They have the WORST customer service I have ever experienced! When they do finally email back, they aren't even the slightest bit helpful!

By Andrea S.

click on this link youlle get a site that checks the Quality of the photo: https://posterprintshop.com/file-quality-check/

By Moses S.

Dear Robert, thank you for your message. In this case we advise to direct this question to our customer support by emailing us at info@canvasdiscount.com Our associates will answer your questions and requests as soon as possible!

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Hello, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. have you tried to resize the image it might be just a bit too large. usually our website will give you a pop up stating that the image is too big. Also try on a different browser that too helps. Thanks

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

I tracked my order from the confirmation email or the order has shipped email.

By Ronna D.

Dear Briana C! Thank you for posting your question. When goods are not satisfactory for the reason the customer is eligible for free replacement print (prints) or full refund. Please check the terms on canvasdiscount.com website

By Canvas D., CanvasDiscount Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CanvasDiscount staff and other customers.

CanvasDiscount?