Review of Brilliance

2018 Customer choice award

33 reviews with 4 stars

ianc161
10/18/18

In May I ordered a Celtic knot engagement ring with a .89 caret diamond. Being new to ordering jewellery (especially online) i was worried that what I saw in pictures would not stand up when I received the product. I was relieved when the Engagement ring was exactly what I wanted. The Brilliance engagement ring was easy to order and the selection of diamonds was extensive to say the least.

I did have an issue when ordering the ring. After waiting several weeks to receive the ring I called Brilliance to see if there was any issue with my order. I was told that the phone number I gave them didn't match my Bank's records and they couldn't release my ring for shipment until they did. It was an easy issue to fix but my one complaint with the company was I was never notified there was an issue with my order in the first place. (To their credit Brilliance did include a free engraving to my order after this.)

End of story: I got the ring, it was amazing, she said "Yes!"

camerons54
6/28/18

I wanted to get a custom ring for my fiancé and they were able to provide that over the phone with their expert advisors. After they took my ideas on the ring, they were able to send a digital rendering of the ring about a week later and in about 2 months, they were able to recreate that digital rendering into the ring I wanted! I would highly recommend this company in comparison to James Allen due to: their customer service, the quality of the ring, and the more affordable prices for the ring and diamond.

Tip for consumers: If you are to make a custom ring, give them time to create the rendering and the ring itself. From start to finish, I ordered my ring 02/01/2018 and received it 04/09/2018. Also, they if you want to keep your ring under warranty, Brilliance only allows you to get your ring cleaned by them only and it takes about 2-3 weeks until you get it back and you have to pay for shipping. This also includes if you get the ring re-sized like I had to do.

jm399
4/7/18

Bought this ring for my to be husband to show he is spoken for during our engagement. Originally found on a whim on Pinterest. This was the only site that seemed to offer this design. The ordering process was very simple; I bought this during their Cyber Monday sale. My only wish was that they allowed for more characters to be inscribed on the inside of the ring and a more accurate delivery period. I had to email them after the "typical deliver time" has passed. In addition, I feel that for the price of the ring the delivery packing should have been of higher quality. My $400 ring was shipped in one of those bubble lined envelope is a drawstring baggie.

ellenx1
12/22/17

Very easy to select the diamond you wish for, and it does a great job customize your ring! Lead time is a little longer than expected, other than that, it's good service and price!

benjaminb81
11/16/17

I was nervous at first making such a large purchase online, but the staff and vast selection of brilliance set me at ease. My engagement ring arrived on time and looked as beautiful as ever.

jaredg13
11/14/17

Good service. Responsive. Delivery took a little longer than planned. Great diamond. She loved it. Used wire transfer.

martinc120
11/14/17

I contacted Brilliance about a custom ring. Jennifer was very responsive and informative and was able to quote a price that was cheaper than I could find anywhere else. I sent in the design I wanted and they rushed the whole process to produce the ring. I paid extra for overnight shipping as I was working to propose in a short time frame, but unfortunately, there was an issue with Fedex and the ring did not arrive in time. They claimed they made an attempt to deliver and left a note on my front door, but I had multiple people waiting eagerly to receive and sign for the ring. I got an email immediately after the driver said he/she made an attempt and left a note, and this was impossible as I was right there waiting. I have a long and narrow driveway. Nobody came up, nobody left a note. This is the fault of Fedex, and in particular, the driver that lied for who knows what reason.

Why I feel Brilliance ties into this is because Brilliance paid Fedex for the overnight fee, not me. I paid Brilliance. Fedex said they could do nothing for me. I contacted Brilliance to see if I could be refunded the overnight fee, and was met with a rude call by a customer service representative by the name of John. He made it incredibly difficult to even explain my situation as he was constantly interrupting me, and he made it a point to emphasize every time I was wrong, based on the reports he had. Such as when I said the ring was not delivered he cut me off and said loudly he could see on the report from Fedex they made an attempt and delivered the next day. Obviously that is what's on paper. And they did not deliver. I had to go and pick the ring up myself the next day, even though it was already too late. John also barked at me when I said Jennifer quoted me a different time frame had I not paid the overnight fee, saying "WRONG wrong you are 100% incorrect. We would never send you an order that quickly if it was under $2000."

Anyway, to me the most important thing is that I got the ring in the end and I am happy with the actual ring. However, because what I thought would be a simple inquiry about a shipping fee turned into a nasty phone call with someone who I believe should not be in the customer-service industry, I, unfortunately, do not see myself working with Brilliance in the future.

barryg38
8/22/17

My fiance LOVES her ring and that's all that matters. I was disappointed that the customer service people do not seem to be properly versed in the lifetime warranty, its limits, exclusions, etc. I had to change my setting after ordering because of this, causing a significant unexpected additional expense. Also, I was VERY surprised that there was ZERO follow up to see if I was happy with the purchase. All I keep getting are endless e-mails flooding my mailbox with offers, but not satisfaction survey.

domr4
7/31/17

Customer Service: Erin was awesome and answered all my questions without hesitation. She sent me photos and videos of all the diamonds that I wanted to see. She also provided other diamond options within my budget that were better quality than the diamonds that I was viewing. I highly recommend her if you're going to purchase from Brilliance.

Price: Brillance had the best prices for loose diamonds that I could find. They beat out my local jewelers as well as online retailers.

Packaging: Brilliance lags in this department as they send your merchandise in a cardboard box with "Brilliance" written across. Of course, the ring is in its own box, but I would have liked a box for all of my documentation. The cloth provided is also very small and ineffective for cleaning.

Overall: Due to their pricing, customer service that I received and beautiful ring, I rated Brilliance a 4 out of 5. As I mentioned, their packaging needs improvement.

tannerw9
7/11/17

I ordered a center stone for an engagement ring and had a good experience. I felt like Brilliance had the best prices compared to some other places. The stone I got is GIA Certified and is good quality. I am happy with my purchase from Brilliance.

sunnyk14
6/22/17

At first I was a bit skeptical to order online but Brilliance was a great choice, the ring looks beautiful and the diamond is more than I expected so I would give it a 5 star. Firstly, the prices are absolutely genuine and Brilliance price match made it easier. Secondly, the quality of the ring is absolutely phenomenal. The main issue with brilliance.com is the communication, which was HORRIBLE! When I placed my order, Anthony was assisting me, but once I made the payment, I felt forgotten and left out. I needed the ring on a certain date and I requested Anthony if it was possible to process the order swiftly and he replied "I'll get back to you in couple min" those min never came for 3 weeks. I exchanged several emails but I did not receive any reply from Anthony. Out of nowhere Jennifer began communicating with me and she was kind enough to reply to my emails but the problem really is that they never commit themselves to the date of delivery. They usually say the order will be delivered within 10-15 business days and I did not receive my order even after 15 business days and when I tried contacting them, they did not commit. Brilliance.com needs to improve with their communication, as simple as that.

johnw7
12/7/16

Brilliance.com was a very user friendly site! It was a great experience purchasing from them, because they were easy to talk to about everything. I ordered my ring and needed it by a certain date in order to propose and so they were able to move a little faster I guess then they are use to, to accommodate my need. That being said it took them 15 business days on a rush I think it would have be 20 "business days" I put a quotation over business days because it was longer that all in all. Weekends didn't count. What I wasn't too fond of about that is they basically give you ten days to return the ring and get your money back on their 30 day return policy, since it starts the day of purchase online. I think it should start the day you receive it in hand. The ring and diamond itself were legit and looked wonderful you shouldn't have to worry on if you are getting a fake one, especially if you have a certificate of authentication along with the diamond. Lastly, I probably wont work with them to have my ring cleaned or fixed, because it bothers me a little with all the news out there about people shipping their rings off to be fixed or cleaned and not actually getting the diamond the bought back. That hurts and online jeweler the most I think. Luckily my local jewelers clean for free and fix for a small fee.

kenl60
12/1/16

A friend referred me to brilliance for our engagement/wedding rings. I was hesitant about purchasing something so important from an online company. I was surprised by the selection of diamonds,rings, and the ease of the purchase. The staff member(Jennifer Chiarello) that helped me was great! The diamond I chose is spectacular, near flawless and colorless. my wife couldn't be happier! And my pocket book is feeling pretty good too!
All in all a really good experience. The company so far is great to work with. The only thing we got a bit anxious about was the time in which it took to receive the rings. That was do to OUR fast wedding plans. Brilliance however was right on time. So give yourselves ample time select the best one for you and enjoy! The reason for 4stars is because its online.

tedb53
8/25/16

Excellent service, excellent products. The ring I purchased from Brilliance was even better than my highest expectations. My wife and everyone who has seen it love it. I will continue to shop at Brilliance.

jordand27
7/22/16

I purchased both my engagement ring and wedding band from Brilliance. They were very helpful in educating me on diamonds and certification, and found quite a bit of options. I was please with the first experience.
For the wedding band... READ THE FINE PRINT for returns. It's a 30 day money back guarantee from the day you ORDER the band, not from when it was received. It took 18 days of my 30 day period to even receive the ring to realize it's too small. I'm VERY lucky I called when I did, else I could have been SOL. I'm actually writing this review so that they will honor the coupon code from my order I am returning. Whamp wah. I suppose they would rather have people read about my so-so experience rather than just crediting the 50 bucks. Oh well. Great prices/selection regardless!

damient10
4/26/16

I purchased 4 princess diamonds lately from Brilliance. Mr. Anthony Cappola was a great customer service person. I requested to see the picture of that 4 princess diamonds cut, he then sent them to me right way. Then called and asked him for the GIA reports (each of them), he then sent them to me the next day. I kept asking him questions ( more than 8 phone calls) he always explain to me patiently. Finally he shipped me 4 beautiful princess diamonds with great quality. I am very happy. Thank a lot for your helps mr. Anthony Cappola, I will contact you for my next order.

Tip for consumers: request mr. Anthony Cappola to be your online customer services is the best choice.

angelak29
1/11/16

I searched on all the Web sites as well as local jewelry stores and this was the best price for the GIA diamond I was looking for. Would have given five stars however I put down a deposit on a diamond and when I went to buy it a few days later they had sold it to someone else in spite of my deposit. They would not discount me on a slightly larger diamond of the same quality that I found in their inventory to replace the one I had put the deposit on. Very good timely service otherwise.

tyc96
11/9/15

I am a repeat customer and they have always done an excellent job. The quality of the jewelry is excellent and the customer service is superb.

Brilliance.com is my first choice for shopping for diamond jewelry.

haon2
10/29/15

I am a skeptical client and a person who rarely writes review. However, I am writing this to help those who are just as skeptical as I am.
I did my Homework about diamond. After learning everything about Diamond on Blue Neil, I finally decide the specific diamond I wanted. I shopped around for the cheapest price for that specific GIA certified Diamond. I found Brilliance, I compared Blue Neil to Brilliance (Blue Neil is 3-5 thousand more expensive compare to Brilliance). I even call Blue Neil to match up the price because I did not trust Brilliance. However, after talking and emailing back and forth with Brilliance and do more research/ratings about the store, I finally decided to buy it from them. (check on BBB- Better Business Bureau: Start With Trust®
https://www.bbb.org/ )
I think that was the greatest decision I have made. When I receive the diamond, I went to the jeweler to get it check at to make sure the diamond is authentic and up to GIA qualification. My jeweler told me "it was a great buy, the diamond look beautiful, the price was a wholesale price" The only negative aspect is that: it took a little more than two weeks for me to receive the diamond and I have to contact them for process update occasionally. I was freaking out, but my representative, Anthony, really helped me. He was very patience with me and assures me about the process.
Otherwise I am very satisfy with my purchase. I told my coworkers, families and friends all about Brilliance. I will definitely do business with them again.
The only advice I would say is: make sure you do your homework, know what you want and ask questions if you are not sure about something. The representatives will guild you. Make Sure You buy GIA certification, it worth every penny.

rogerk16
7/16/14

Diamond and engagement ring pricing can't be beat. Had a wonderful experience

cp43
2/14/14

I initially gave these guys a 1 star review because of a bad first experience (see below), BUT I am changing my review to 4.5 stars. (Just can't give them a full 5 because of the problems up front). When the owner, Jonathon Ohayon, became aware of my dissatisfaction, he personally called me and worked with me every step of the way to make things right. He impressed me with his concern for his customers and his desire to make sure that his company really delivered.. I would definitely recommend Brilliance to friends and family, and I am considering using Brilliance again for our wedding rings

[OLD REVIEW BELOW]
Very nice and promised all sorts of things up front, but once they received my money the customer service just stopped! I called to check on the status of the ring on a Thursday and Anthony Cappola promised to call me back with info. No response by friday evening. I called and spoke with another woman asking for an update on the ststus of the ring on friday. She did not know but promised to call me within 30minutes. Nope! Not so much! I received NO response whatsoever thru Monday evening.. So I called back and after another hour, finally got a call from Anthony.. Only problem is that i was told some story about the diamond not even being delivered to them. The ring was suppose to be in my hands by Wednesday! Proposal plans COMPLETELY shot. (we discussed all this upfront before I sent money - and Anthony personally said he could make this happen)..

Honestly, if they had just let me know what was going on, or just shot me a short email saying "sorry, we are working on it", I would have probably been okay with all this.. I'm not unreasonable and things can happen. I just was disappointed with the utter lack of customer service and complete disregard/disrespect for my concerns.

erichroostere
5/28/13

Great site with awesome customer service

11 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Roger thank you for your question. Could we schedule a time to speak over the phone to go over our policies and what you are looking for? What is the best contact number to call?

By Meira D., Brilliance Representative

Noel, thank you for submitting a question and you most likely emailed Erin on her day off. We have confirmed she has sent you an update and if there are any additional questions we can help with please do not hesitate to let us know.

By Meira D., Brilliance Representative

Glad you found it to be a great resource for you!

By Meira D., Brilliance Representative

Karen, Thank you for submitting your question. We work by appointment only in our showroom and you can email us at service@brilliance.com to arrange a time.

By Meira D., Brilliance Representative

Yes we do. We work with PayPal Credit to offer financing and also can tailor a payment plan based on your order as well. Please contact our Sales Team with the specific item(s) you are looking for and we can take it from there.

By Meira D., Brilliance Representative

Noel I wanted to follow up to make sure you got the diamond and it worked out for you? I personally looked at it before it left our offices and was very impressed with the value and size myself. Thank you

By Meira D., Brilliance Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Brilliance staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Brilliance