Review of Bluefly

2018 Customer choice award

25 reviews with 2 stars

krystleh
2/4/19

This site used to be legit over the last 2yrs idk what happened.i ordered a watch last wk it came todaynot at allwhat i orderedand i can't get on the site or call. Wth ?! I want to get a refund. I willnot be doingshopping any more withthis site idk whathappened to you guys

rhondal68
12/8/18

This was my first time ordering from this company and it will be my last I placed an order received two emails with shipping and tracking so I waited 48 hours tracked my two shipments I get message saying USPS waiting package so I call blue fly they tell me the will look into and call me back nothing from them I called two days later tell them I have two orders with tracking explained the issue there reply give it a view more days until monday they stick to there scripts and seem not intrested in helping there customers locate packages they have cleared paid for , I will contact them again until they either locate my packages or I cancel and get refunded Dont buy from here if you need asap. Very slow and unsupportive yo there customers

audreyk38
10/12/18

After being a long time Bluefly customer I initiated a return for an expensive dress which didn't fit. I was two weeks late in returning and was denied any type of exception. I buy from all the other major sale sites who have return policies in excess of two weeks and did not realize that Bluefly's return was shorter (NO paperwork included in box). I will NEVER buy from them again. It is a shame that they don't place a higher value in their customers.

natashah38
11/4/17

Ordered some UGGS Boots for my daughter for making straight "A's". She received them today and was very excited until she opened the box to see they were damaged. Looks like Bleached was splashed on them. Today is Saturday, I pray this will be an easy process to return. I wish I would have found this site before I ordered from this damn site! Will keep everyone posted!

brendap58
8/5/17

I ordered a pair of Swarovski sunglasses. I was pleased with how fast I received them. The glasses however appear too flimsy and I did not received a Swarovski eyeglass case as depicted on the website. This site is questionable and I don't think I will order from them again.

Tip for consumers: Buyer Beware!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Brenda,

Thank you for getting in touch and providing feedback.

Bluefly prides itself on the quality of its merchandise and does not sell reproductions. Every marketplace partner we work with has undergone a thorough control check to meet the highest standards of excellence. Since 1998, Bluefly has guaranteed the authenticity and condition of every item sold so that customers can purchase products with complete confidence.

Please can I ask you to email flyrep@bluefly.com with images so that we can investigate this for you.

We look forward to hearing from you.
tammyd54
7/1/17

I purchased a $300 belt which did not fit. I returned it with the return shipping label provided by bluefly on 6/21/17...To date I have still not received my refund. I have emailed bluefly with no response...Reading these reviews I am now afraid I may never get my money back. I will never order from them again.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Tammy,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and can understand your frustration.

Do you mind private messaging us your details, including email address and order number and I can have our CS team look into this for you?

I look forward to hearing from you.
ernests45
6/1/17

I've purchased more than $6,000 in shoes in the last 3 years on this site. The products received have always been good and authentic, but returns have become harder and harder to the point I can no longer do business with them. My latest experience included a return which they received May 12, and for which I still had not received a refund by May 30. I tried emailing 3 times, no answer. I tried calling, phone "out of service." Finally after using Facebook threats, someone did reply, and gave me a credit for $100 less than they owed me. My followup email resulted in their saying they would correct that amount. My guess is that Bluefly is now a sale and ship outfit, but they have nobody there for followup, problems, returns, credits, etc. I'f I'm paying $500 for a pair of shoes, I expect more than complete neglect even if I am buying online. Bye Bye Bluefly.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Ernest,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience.

I followed up with the customer service representative and found they calculated the return incorrectly. The refund was processed by our credit team who have refunded the full amount.

If there is a anything else we can assist with, please let us know.
susanp177
5/15/17

I purchased 2 Louie Vuitton items that were suppose to be "pre-owned" I received them with no identification numbers on them or any type of identification. Plus these items were coming from China. 2nd red flag. I contacted them over a week ago with no response. How many times does it take to get a response? These were high ticket items. Almost 1400.00

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Susan,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience.

We do have marketplace partners based in Asia that Louis Vuitton goods and we work closely with them to ensure authenticity.

Please private message us your details so that we can follow up your contact with us.

I look forward to having this resolved for you.
brettc20
4/3/17

I've been a long time BlueFly customer and I'm incredibly disappointed with my recent experiences. I returned 2 items which FedEx reports was received by BF's Shepardsville, KY facility on 2/23. I emailed flyrep@bluefly.com on 03/24 and 0/31 about a refund and still no reply. I wish I had seen these reviews before my orders... but I had been a customer too many years for it to be a concern. The Bluefly rep responding on this site is helpful and helped get my refund.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Brett, we are very sorry to hear that you experienced issues with receiving a refund for your return. Please private message us your email address and order number so that we can escalate this to Customer Service immediately. Thank you for your patience.
robertj209
4/2/17

I love shopping online because my schedule makes it difficult to shop in stores. But due to my travel schedule, I may not see my shipment for a couple weeks after delivery. I can't find the number of days to return online....it is very ambiguous and makes me feel they are hiding it on purpose. And when I try to call the number on the shipping insert (also with absolutely no information about returns or any indication that they care whether I'm satisfied or not) it's almost impossible to get through. What kind of online shopping doesn't offer customer service on the weekend in the middle of the day? I'm giving 2 stars for the history of items that I've loved, but the service has become horrible and too inflexible to be a good place to shop. Too bad.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Robert, we are sorry that you had issues trying to contact us. Can you provide your order number and email address so we can expedite your question?
emilyd55
2/28/17

I placed an order before the New Year, which took forever to arrive in separate shipments. I knew right away that I wanted to return the first pair of shoes I received, but it didn't come with a return label. I logged in to the system to get one, and it said I couldn't return anything yet because the order wasn't 'complete.'

The rest of the things arrived right as I was heading out of town, so I left the other items to return after I got back. When I logged in that time, the Order History page was totally down, and said nothing about why or when it would be repaired.

I talked to a FlyRep who said to try again the next day, that it should be fixed. She wasn't concerned about the return window. That was around January 10 I think? I tried periodically that week and it was still down. At some point, I forgot about this ENDURING PROJECT, and when I tried again on Feb. 13 to print a return label I'd wanted in January, the site was STILL down.

At this point, I think I'm probably outside the return timeframe, but that wasn't even very clear? I then emailed to ask when it would be fixed or how I could otherwise return this merchandise.

It is now Feb. 28 and I have not heard a peep from Flyrep@bluefly.

But I do have 2 pairs of too-big shoes if anybody wants them. Ridiculous.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Emily, We are sorry you are having issues returning your items. Can you please private message us your order number, email address and a phone number we can reach you at and we will escalate internally. Thank you!
oliviam45
9/13/16

So i ordered a pair of Saint Laurent booties for Bluefly. They came and i could to get my foot into the bootie. So i called to return then, and the rep told me I could not do so cause they were "FINAL SALE". I then asked herman she extend the courtesy by doing a one time return cause this is my first time ordering from them. So simply said NO! I then ask to speak to a manager and she told me that no manager is there because they just opened. Furthermore she goes on about how i can maybe find someone to purchase the boots from me. Cause there is nothing she can do about it. As she kept repeating this trying to get me off the phone. I AM THROUGHLY ANNOYED! I should've read the reviews before i decided to purchase anything from Bluefly. This is ridiculous!

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Olivia, thank you for reaching out and we would be happy to address your issue. Can you private message us your order number? A member of our team will be in touch shortly to assist you with this. Thanks again.
saskat1
1/1/16

We ordered a dress from Bluefly early December, to be delivered to Finland. The tracking link only activated 2 weeks after the order (23.12.2015), claiming then that the parcel had been already delivered on 15.12.

There is no sign of the parcel, and customer service directs to check the erraneous tracking link and asks to call US. Pretty bad job, I'd say. As Bluefly reps seem to be more active on this site, perhaps we can get some help here.

Tintti K., Saska T.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Saska, we're sorry to hear about this experience. Your order details have been sent over to our team for immediate investigation and a Bluefly member will reach out shortly. Thank you.
michaely27
12/10/15

Wow. I didn't know the rating is so negative for Bluefly. I too have experienced some deceptive sale practice. Wrote them an email and asked Bluefly to comment. They said the email was forward to customer service which never responded. 12-2-15

12-14-15
To Bluefly Rep,
Your representative has not reached out to me as promised. So I decided to share my experience with other online users here.

I purchased 3 sweaters around Thanksgiving time under Bluefly "sales". What I noticed was that their so called "sale" was nothing more than repackaged regular priced items. Here is an example,
Style# 333508001, Before Thanksgiving, it was $71; during Black Friday, pre Cyber Monday, Bluefly raised the price to $89 but offered 20% additional discount, so it came out to $71; After Cyber Monday, all discount slogans were gone, the price? back to $71! The other 2 sweaters went through pretty much the same price manipulation.
I received the order a week later but one sweater was running big, Bluefly advertised free return during that period, so I initiated return without reading the details carefully. For return, Bluefly webpage defaulted to paid USPS return, and once I clicked the selection, there was no way to go back for a different selection!

I emailed my experience to Bluefly through private email and asked for comments. They ignored me first then said the email was forward to "customer service" that would contact me. The "customer service" never replied. Wasn't the first respondent someone from customer service?

Bluefly's handling on price advertisement, free return advertisement, and my emails left me an unfavorable impression, certainly inappropriate for a high end online retailer. To be fair, I'd say people can still pay reasonable price for a very few selective (and probably out of season) items. But be extremely careful about details. I went back to look at Style# 333508001 again today. With a Visa card for 25% discount, it came out to about $62!

Michael

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Michael, we're very sorry to hear about this. Your order details have been forwarded to our team for immediate investigation. A member will personally reach out shortly with an update. Thank you for your patience.
sanaaa
6/5/15

I've ordered long time ago from it although its a trusted site but as an international customer the shipping rates was very expensive

jennaf5
5/3/15

I've ordered from Bluefly four times now; the most recent was my last. The handbag and shoes I bought my first two orders seem to be fine, are of good quality and appear to be genuine. The most recent handbag wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I went through the website to return it. It seems pretty easy; click on Return, choose a reason, and print a pre-paid mailing label.

I had another handbag on the way from Belle & Clive, a partner company to Bluefly.com with the exact same mailing address and warehouse location. When the handbag arrived (brand name Furla), it was obviously a knock-off. The dust bag was wrinkled, badly-printed cotton. Some of the tags had been removed; obviously someone else purchased and returned this bag. Worst of all, there were two tags inside the handbag printed with "MADE IN CHINA." Furla is an Italian company, and it had the "official" Furla Made In Italy metal tag attached at the zip pocket. The quality of the lining is poor, the stitching is bad, and the leather is of questionable origin.

I have again initiated a return, this time to Belle & Clive, and am awaiting my refund. I would say buyer beware; you might get genuine items, but you might not, and a LOT of people have had to fight to get their returns honored. I'll update my review if the return is completed.

UPDATE: 4 May 2015. I have received two messages through SiteJabber, a phone call and two emails from Bluefly in response to this review; I was told my first return had been received and that my account would be credited in the next 3-5 business days. I checked my account this morning and the full amount minus shipping fees (about $15.00) has been refunded. I'll update when the second refund is processed. I still have concerns about the company, but they are honoring their return policy.

UPDATE: 11 May 2015. My second (and final) return was processed and the full amount minus shipping has been refunded. I don't plan to shop at Bluefly again, but they did honor their return policy, and for that I'm grateful.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy unless you're sure you're going to keep it, or if you're adamant about genuine name-brand products. I wouldn't spend more than $100, period.

Response from Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Hi Jenna,

Again, we sincerely apologize for your experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we'd like the opportunity to make this right. A Bluefly member reached out to you earlier last week to follow up about your order. Please let us know if you have any questions, we'd be more than happy to help. Thank you. - Bluefly Team
debbiec31
12/20/14

HORRIBLE Customer Service

lahomeappraiserl
3/3/14

This website provide the low quality products, I have ordered a skirt but I received the old one not like that the they advertise on website. My friend told me that I can det the best service on Fsession.com

frant4
12/13/13

Bluefly doesn't have a very good selection. I've basically stopped checking it because they never have what I want in my size.

karens45
7/29/13

I ordered a dress, which took a full week to get to me which is fine when it's free shipping, but so many other free shipping sites get there much sooner. But when it came rolled up with no tags on it and with deordorant stains and black pen marks on the front, I was totally shocked, not to mention the split seem right down the front. It was like someone that obviously didn't fit into the size 2 dress, squeezed themselves in it, wore it out, returned it and they stuffed it in a bag and shipped it to me. Now, of course, they do not have a new size 2 so am trying a 4 with the stipulation that if it doesn't fit I will not have to pay for the return shipping. We will see how long it takes to get refunded for the other dress and this one to arrive. Will not order from them again, only because I really want this dress and can't find it anywhere else, am I ordering the other size.

angelab25
7/5/13

I have been a bluefly customer since 2008 and have spent thousands of dollars. I was floored recently when I bought 4 dresses, only 2 of which I kept-and was away on business for a month. It was a month in between when I received the items and when I needed to return them. I was told on the phone that there was a 21 day return policy-and on the site it says 40 days unless otherwise noted. This is completely unfair and a nasty thing to do to customers. Now I am stuck with a couple of hundred dollar dresses that I don't want. The average department store is 30 days-and most stores have a 60 day or 90 day policy. 21 days or even 40 days is just ridiculous. They just lost a customer who spent thousands a year on their site-not impressed at all and will never buy from bluefly again.

christinah8
4/10/13

I wish I had read some reviews before purchasing from bluefly. First of all, they give you a 25% intro coupon, which was invalid on anything I was interested in purchasing - due to the brand or amount it was already marked down. So definitley read the fine print before getting excited. Secondly, after placing an order for 2 dresses, the transaction was cancelled due to "error with the billing information" - a problem I have never had before, anywhere, ever. The actual "error" was that MY name was listed on the billing address but I was using my HUSBANDS credit card, on an account that we both share. When I called to remedy the situation, customer service was useless and rude. Also, because the transaction was cancelled, the dress is now no longer available. What?! And what they offered in apology was a joke - an express shipping credit. FOr what? A dress I cannot buy? I will not need the credit because I will never be shopping Bluefly again. My original intention was to purchase 2 dresses and return the one I liked least. Now I am concerned about the return process as I have read multiple reviews stating they are slow to refund. I would have given this review 1 star, but they do have nice merchandise, and I'm sure you could get lucky and receive something you like. But, I'm not going to chance it again. There are too many other more reliable options on line, with better customer service.

melissaa3
3/3/12

Although I love the stellar selection and fantastic prices, the customer service was sub par when I experienced an issue with a purchase.

I received an item I didn't order in place of 2 items I actually ordered. I had to file a dispute to have the items credited because Bluefly determined they were not culpable. I don't know how that is possible considering I received an item I never order, but not the 2 items I did. Anyway it turned out they had similar issues with orders placed by other customers as well. There was some kind of warehouse issue. I was finally credited for the purchase, but I never received the 2 items ordered to wear for a special event- so that really sucked.

I am disappointed I had to escalate the issue to obtain resolution.

Aside from the one awful incident, I have been generally pleased with my purchases on bluefly. I wish I could get past the sour experience and shop there more often because they do offer some fabulous deals.

tonyaj
5/8/07

how come they never have my size - This site seems to only carry the left over sizes...I'm a size 4 and I have yet to find something I like in stock. It seems you need to be either a size 0 or 14 to find anything here.

annal
5/2/07

Not So Great For Petites - Sometimes I will find items of interest on this site, however they rarely offer my size and color. This is a good site for someone of average size who doesn't mind wearing last season's styles.

I would never buy again. Their customer service is the worst, and I needed to file a claim from both Amazon and American Express to get my issue resolved. It took two months to receive refund, and that was after many many calls, no response or call backs from bluefly. I would never purchase again, especially big ticket items.

By Argie A.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for reaching out to us and we can definitely look into this for you! Can you please private message us your best method of contact so a member can reach out and assist you? Hope to hear from you soon and thanks again. -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Bluefly is not an authorized retailer and I have personally received knockoff designers items from Bluefly in the past (and never been refunded due to dishonest business practices). Do not purchase high-end designer goods from this retailer as they do not guarantee authenticity.

By Bethany F.

Hi Cam, Bluefly does not sell fake goods and any products not sold as Pre Owned should arrive like new. We take authenticity seriously so if you feel that the item is fake, I encourage you to contact Customer Service with images so that we can investigate. If the bag is sold as new (not Pre Owned) and it arrives damaged, again, please contact Customer Service immediately with images. I hope this helps!

US$$

By Mike W.

Hi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to reach out! Please rest assured, we offer only the best brand names and highest quality goods. We proudly stand behind all of our products' authenticity. If you have any concerns or need shopping assistance, please feel free to private message us...we'd be more than happy to help! Thanks again.

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hi Jason, We are excited that you are are interested in ordering something from Bluefly! Our customers are incredibly important to us and we appreciate your feedback and concern. If you don't feel comfortable ordering online you can private message us your best method of contact so a Bluefly member can reach out to you directly. Thank you for reaching out to us and we hope to hear from you soon. Additionally we recommend that you check out our reviews on BizRate where we have over 1,500 reviews or Stella Service. Bizrate Page: http://ow.ly/N8PkJ -Bluefly Team

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

Hello Scott, Since 1998, Bluefly has been a fashion industry pioneer. We offer the finest designer handbags, shoes, fine jewelry and more at the absolute best value. We proudly stand behind every piece we sell and guarantee the authenticity 100% with our vendors. We understand that there have been growing pains and hiccups like several other retailers sometimes we do drop the ball. We do our best to compensate for these rare situations, but they do happen. We will be having several upgrades to our site soon, I look forward to more positive reviews in the future. We thank you for your interest. Yours Kindly, Bluefly Customer Service

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative

They are absolutely not authentic. Do not purchase shoes from this retailer.

By Bethany F.

Hi Leslie, If the bag is used, the description will state this information. I hope this helps!

By Bluefly R., Bluefly Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Bluefly staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Bluefly