Review of BikesDirect

2017 Customer choice award

34 reviews with 1 star

michaelm2021
1/26/19

I ordered and paid for my $2000. bike 10/25/2018 and now it is 01/26/2019 and I still haven't received it. In the check out section I didn't see anything indicating that it would take a third of a year or more to receive my bike. I thought it would take around 7 days.I guess they need my money to purchase the bike. It probably wouldn't be so bad if they gave me some feedback but I can't even contact them!! If I ever get it, i'm sure i'll like the bike. Frustrating as heck!

joyc85
6/5/18

I got two bike from them and they sent me two defective bike. The first bike the Patel was stripped the day it came and my second bike they cut the break line and the break was to big for the bike I contacted Larry the first day and this guy going to tell me to take the bike to the shop and get it fix I spent 1000 dollars online and I will never do it again just to let people no if you live in New Haven CT you can get your BMX bike from Tony bike's in Milford CT

arealc
2/11/18

I cant say enough bad things about Bikes Direct. When the bike arrived, there not one, but two components that were bad. Rather than apologize and offer replacements, I was pointed to videos on how to repair these parts. It took a month of fighting before they finally replaced the bent components. Recently, I had a bike shop and an independent repair professional try to remove one of the tires, as I could not (and Im fairly experienced with this). One pro couldnt get if off at all. The shop said the fit was ridiculously tight, and it was absurd to expect a consumer to be able to do this on the trail. This is a safety hazard as you could be miles out a trail with a flat. Larry from Bikes Direct response was that he mounted 100s of these. Good for you Larry, but two professional bike people who I took these tires to had difficulties. One could not remove it without damaging the tire. Larry offered me a tire at cost, but the deal he offered me was exactly the same as I could buy it brand new on the web. Since this fiasco, I purchased a second bike from another online retailer and it was much better and customer service was much better. However, if you like to argue, fight, and fix a brand new bike, Bikes Direct is for you.

curtm19
12/21/17

I bought a bike for my son Christmas 2016. It was delivered on time and as promised, a bit heavy though for a $700 27.5 inch mountain bike. Be sure to ask for weight. The problem came after the first year when my son noticed the frame was cracked near the back shock. BD was good here, said frame was covered by warranty. We sent the frame back, but BD replaced incorrectly with a 29 inch frame. BD apologized, sent new 27.5 frame but just told me they would not reimburse us for the $70 headset the bike shop just charged me for - not part of frame warranty. Basically we sent the headset back as part of original frame, didnt know this and now they will not reimburse. We have spent about $250 to repair this broken frame. Bad service BD.

stephend87
12/13/17

Bought a bike for my daughter for Christmas and when I came to put it together a few days ago I found the front wheel would not fit between the front forks as the locking bolts stopped it from dropping in. I rant customer service and after automatically being cut off around 6 times I eventually got into a queue which took around 20 minutes to reach the front of. The lady then very apologetically put me through to a department that may be able to help. This was also an automated answer line that eventually cut me off. I rang customer service once again and repeated the above steps and quite incredibly got through to the same person! They let me know that someone would pick up the bike on Wednesday (today) and they would sent me an email relating to this. No email - no collection. I'm left with a bike that doesn't work and £90 down. As you can imagine I'm not looking forward to Christmas Day

brianc193
8/11/17

I bought a road bike it was smashed up I emailed them 20 times never got a response it cost me 200 more for parts and 38 for labor and there no way to contacked these people its bull $hit that they will not anwer so it ended up costing me 485.00 all to gather the front brake was craked ,the wheel was so out of true the bike shops I went to would no work on it , the the crank was bent and the rear derailleur hanger was bent no replies

jonathons21
4/7/17

I purchased gravity 29er 3 years ago and it has been a good bike, I have upgraded nearly everything. I broke rear derailluer last weekend, bikes direct does not have replacement derailleur in stock and states that it could be three months before they restock (if ever). My bike is now useless. bikes direct (never answers the phone) responed in an email stating i should try local bike shop. I tried local and nobody can get this deraillur hanger.
I tried purchasing a new bike as it was time to upgrade and I didn't have a bike to ride. I find the perfect bike 27.5 moto full suspension in my size and receive a paypal error message trying to check out stating I need to contact bikes direct. (again no answer) emailed and got a response, sorry your size sold out after hours.
I have been back and forth with chris and larry in emails but they would not help me with derailleur or bike purchase. I was told cost margins are tight and they cant sell me a similar bike at the same price as sold out bike I tried to purchase. My options were pick another bike or go to your local bike store. Costumer service was absolutely no help.

fordp5
4/1/17

The front rotor arrived warped and rather than send me a new one, they sent me a link on how to fix it. The derailleur and frame do not line up properly. The directions are outdated and refer to center pull brakes when the bikes have disk brakes. I am guessing they save on components by purchasing seconds that failed QA checks.

Note how most of the positive reviews sound like ads.

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
Apologies for the mis-understanding. Bikesdirect customer service is one of the best in the industry. We always offer a replacement part if a customer has a part that is beyond normal adjustment / damaged. All bike parts due to shipping and handling over many thousands of miles from overseas to one's door may require adjustments. To see nearly Sixteen Thousand real customers who are happy with Bikesdirect service - check out our Bikesdirect Facebook page :) https://www.facebook.com/bikesdirectonline/
rachelb92
8/5/16

BOTTOM LINE, ASSEMBLY AND LABOR WOULD NOT NEED TO BE COVERED IF THE BIKE YOU SENT WAS PROPERLY PACKAGED. BY SENDING REPLACEMENT RIMS YOU AGREED THAT YOUR PRODUCT WAS PACKAGED POORLY. SO BECAUSE OF YOUR POORLY PACKAGED PRODUCT, I, THE CUSTOMER, SHOULD BE STUCK WITH THE ADDITIONAL COST? AND ON TOP OF THAT, THIS WAS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR MY HUSBAND WHO HAS BEEN GOING BACK AND FOURTH WITH YOU FOR 2 MONTHS NOW

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
We value you as a customer and we apologise for the poor handling of your bicycle by UPS. We ship hundreds of thousands of bicycles every year and this sort of damage rarely happens. Sincere apologies for your frustrations and we are sorry that you are not satisfied with what we have offered. We will send you a return label for the bicycle and the replacement wheels and a full refund upon their return. Our customer service will be contacting you on Monday or they may have already done so.
Bikesdirect.com
andye15
2/15/16

Bought a 2nd bike from bikes direct, Transaction ID:88Y32224G19705401. The wheels were significantly out of true. Was told in email basicaly that is just the way it is. I was helped by telling me to fix the wheels my self or pay someone else to do the job. Even a crappy Huffy bike from Kmart has truer wheels. Not satisfied.

In response to Mike, I'm not so dumb, the wheels left the factory in a very bad state of trueness and shipping had nothing at all to do with what I got. So after I spend a couple of hours putting together and fixing another flaw (a mis-aligned crank arm, brake pads not even close to alignment) I'm supposed to spend more time and effort to ship the bike back? Or are you trying to tell me that it is standard practice for bike wheels to leave the factory a mess? Granted the bike was a low end model but I just can't believe it is standard practice for wheels to come off the factory floor way out of true even for bottom of the line bikes? I don't buy it. Thanks for nothing.

In response to your responce, I sent you guys an email and you basically told me to pound sand. Why did I need to respond to that? In the email I was given a load about how shipping likely caused my problem, not that dumb. I clearly got a bad set of wheels, guess that happens on the factory floor from time to time. If you would like to help then please offer to send me a replacement set of wheels anything short of that will not satisfy me. Good day.

Update, video of wheel rotating can be seen in the following link,

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
Hi - we sincerely apologize you are not satisfied. We sell thousands of bikes and 99% result in happy customers. It seems you may have gotten the rare one with a few issues likely due to rough shipping.

We would like for you to be happy - Please email bd4servicecenter@aol.com and we can get you taken care of asap.

We strive and give very good customer service as one can see in the reviews below.

We will strive to be more clear in our emails as this customer did not understand our email to them.
In fact, they did not reply to it as of yesterday afternoon.

Thus, we never got the chance to resolve the issue / provide customer service.

In that email sent by our service department bd4servicecenter@aol.com we:

1) offered to replace the wheels if damaged beyond normal truing. This would be done at no additional costs to customers within 30 days of purchase.
(applicable only to issues found upon delivery)

2) offered a refund or exchange with return of the whole bike per our policy of satisfaction guaranteed. See site for details :)

This is the email to which we never got a reply:

Hello,
I'll be glad to help you with this. It sounds like your wheels may just need to be trued, which is not uncommon on a new bike right out of the shipping box. Please understand though that all bikes will need some degree of wheel truing since they ship directly from the factory over thousands of miles.

Simple wheel truing is all part of the standard assembly when you (customer or bike shop dealer) take a bike out of a box that is shipped directly from the factory. (and thus get the factory near wholesale comparable pricing).

If you are uncomfortable or unable to true the wheel yourself I highly recommend having a bike shop do it for you so that you'll know that all of your spokes have been properly tensioned. If a bike shop deems that the wheel is too damaged and cannot be fixed by truing it, please send me a couple of pictures (or even better, a video) of the wheel so I can see the damage and better assist you with this.

Thanks.

Larry at bikes direct
dennisq2
1/17/16

Bought a road bike for Christmas - brought to bike store for final put together. Bike store was closed for a few weeks - when they finally got to bike they discovered that one of the gear cables was broke ( inside the frame). I had the cable replaced and contacted BD. They advised that they would not cover the cost of the cable since they would have sent me the part - fair enough. I then asked them to cover the cost of the labor - they refused. Doesn't make sense - whether or not I used their part or mine - they should be responsible for the labor. I planned on returning the bike - mostly because of the rude customer service representative, but as he pointed out to me I was beyond the 30 days. I was warned about BD - should have listened.

chubakas
12/18/15

I bought a fat bike which I paid $1200. Dollars.and I notice one of the arm crank treads was missing so I can't install the pedal.I tried to communicate with the customer service department ,after more than 3 days of waiting basically they told me that I damage the crank.I have more than 3 extra bikes and no problems.1st time buying with this web site all hell loose.I'm an experience bike mechanic and I know when a bicycle part was not build right.BE AWARE of this people,There's not an actual live person that you can talk.Every thing is thru e-mail and you will be lucky if they answer you.DO NOT BUY BikesDirect you are on your own.

patrickd27
12/4/15

This is a company that wants your money but provides no help. The only way to get their attention is to stop payment.

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
Hi Patrick - we would like to assist you but don't have enough info from your post. We have thousands of happy customers each week. Bikesdirect offers unbeatable deals and is very service oriented as one can see from many of the happy customers that post their experiences below. It is easy to get in touch with us- email bikesdirectbikes@aol.com or call us 904-249-2453 (m-f 9-5est). We would be happy to assist any customers with issues.
kyler38
11/21/15

Immediately after receiving my bike in Mid-October, a single-speed with disc brakes (Gravity Velocity to be specific), I noticed some questionable things like the rotors being warped and the disc brakes themselves being spongy (something you should NEVER find with disc brakes). I figured I would just bring it to the shop to have it professionally assembled and have the rotors fixed, assuming these issues were due to error in shipping rather than manufacturing.

Two days ago, after riding less than 100 miles on the bike, I was riding home when the right pedal started to feel funny. I dismounted to inspect the pedal/crank and the pedal fell out! It had completely stripped the inside of the crank!

At this point, I'm livid. I take multiple pictures and write an email to BD to explain the situation (just as the website instructs). I expect them to be reasonable, I mean this kind of thing is unacceptable. I receive an email shortly after saying that I'm out of luck. The BD employee told me 9 times out of 10 this happens because the pedals were installed on the wrong crank arm. This to me is unbelievable. First of all, that leaves 10% of your customers that install everything correctly without any other option! Now I have to pay for a new crank arm AND have to get it installed. Thanks for throwing me under the bus, BD. I followed all the directions AND had the bike PROFESSIONALLY assembled. I will never again purchase anything from BD, and neither should you. I am going to buy from a local shop from now on.

Tip for consumers: Here's a tip, do not use BD.com. Go to a local dealer where they will actually take care of you when something goes wrong with your bike.

julianm50
9/16/15

I purchased my bike from them in 2012 and had no issue with the purchase or subsequent emails.
Recently my rear derailleur hanger broke and again I emailed them with a copy of my invoice to get the correct hanger to order. The one they recommended is not the same as the one that broke and now getting them to return my emails is impossible - no response. Very frustrating

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
Hi Julian - this is very odd and we are surprised you are not able to get in touch with us. We have our phone number posted clearly on our site and on this sitejabber page. Please message me your email address and call us asap to get you taken care of.
It could be that yours or our emails are going into spam or being blocked by an ISP.
Please try emailing bd4alternative@yahoo.com?
However, the phone number 904-249-2453 would be best. Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm EST. Leave a message if we don't pick up right away.
Please update your review when you get taken care of :)
Best,
pauls218
9/14/15

Make sure you understand that they will not speak to you on any technical level about a bikes before or after the sale. They have some cut and past answers for questions they will email back, but it will take a day or more for the response.
I bought a Motobecane Café Centrtury. Motobecane may not even be real as they lack anyway to get hold of them, that I could find. No phone, no email..nothing. Motobecane says to contact the dealer, but in this case the dealer is Bikesdirect who are no help. This is a big caution.
"TALK TO US
We love to hear from our customers. Tell us about your latest cycling successes and victories. Please see the sections below for more contact topics"
But fail to leave any way to do that. haaa haaa not to funny

I found this on line:

Motobécane was a French manufacturer of bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles, and other small vehicles, established in 1923. "Motobécane" is a compound of "moto", slang for motorcycle; "bécane" is slang for "bike."

In 1981, Motobécane filed for bankruptcy and was purchased by Yamaha and reformed in 1984 as MBK. The French company continues to make motorscooters.

It has no relation to Motobecane USA, which imports bicycles from Taiwan manufactured to their specification by . under the Motobécane trademark.

So if your not handy or understand you will have to use a local bike shop, that may not want to help and probably change you more for service, because you did not buy from them, remember you have been cautioned.
I am handy so I have been able to resolve most issues, but not sure it was worth the savings from buying local and having solid support before and after the sale.
Also, they say this bike will take a 700x 42cm tire. I spent $100 and bought and installed 700x40cm road tires and they will not work for a number of reasons. Explained that to BikesDirect so they world stop misleading users, but the response back was not good. What issues? No way the front derailleur in top gear will clear the tire. Frame clearance in rear is .060" on the sides at the frame. Very tricky to keep centered even with wheel straight. At least one brake pad has to be remove to clear tire when removing, That was a huge PITA. They made a chip like noise on front tire that I never did find.

judithm24
8/30/15

My husband and I both have been wanting to get bikes. We have researched and looked online as well as gone to some local bike stores. We both need to get in better shape but I'm not sure how much I will be able to ride because of foot surgery I had recently. Unfortunately, we just don't have the money to buy bikes and then never use them. So, my husband was thrilled when he found the Mango Macaw bikes. We wanted simple bikes to start with and these seemed perfect for us...even the price was good! So we both picked out the colors we wanted and started saving our money. For our 29th anniversary in July, I told him the bike would be his present from me, to go ahead and order it and I would get mine next. He was very disappointed and unhappy when he found out you didn't have the color he had decided on, which was tangerine. He was going to call and see if you would be getting more in but after looking all over the website, he only found instructions saying you couldn't call and had to email. He did, immediately, and we are still waiting to hear from someone. He tried to make excuses for your lack of response but he finally gave up and decided you just don't care about your customers...or maybe it's just the ones who are only buying a $200.00 bike. :(

danaf18
8/20/15

I recently purchased a bicycle online via their website. There is zero support during weekends and after work hours and they only communicate via email which makes communication that much harder. They claimed the bicycle will come 90% assembled and this was not the case. It was more like 70%. Had to pay to get this assembled. Given the lack of specs during purchase, only after assembling the bike did i realize this bike was not suitable for me. The support team were super unhelpful after I asked them to contact me via phone and get help on returning the bike. I would have to pay a bike shop to disassemble the bike and package it and understand there is an additional cost for the UPS return shipping label and cost if you do not return it in the original box - mine was damaged and hence cannot be used for returns. I absolutely do not recommend purchase from this site given all the hidden costs associated with it and the complete lack of support/ service they offer.

Tip for consumers: Good luck speaking with the owner whom I found to be incredibly unprofessional, patronizing, accusatory and RUDE.

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
Dana- we are very sorry you had a bad experience. Specs are clearly listed on each sale page. If you had questions, we have bd4salesteam@aol.com that answers email questions even on weekends. We do clearly state our business hours and we do have a phone line for weekdays. 904-249-2453 M-F 9 to 5pm EST. It is best to inspect the bike before you assemble it. Many customers choose to assemble their own bikes as it is pretty easy and saves even more cash. Most customers assemble their bikes in 15 to 30 minutes. We send many helpful video links in the tracking emails and have email support available at bd4servicecenter@aol.com for tech questions. If you can email us your order number, we'd like to see if we can change your mind about your experience with us?
Thanks again,
The Friendly Folks at Bikesdirect.com
scotts124
8/17/15

Just purchased a Motobecane Mirage Pro bike from bikesdirect.com. It was received timely and was relatively easy to put together. However, with only 15 miles on the 2nd ride, a pedal came loose and stripped the crank. They disclaimed all warranties, made me pay for replacement of defective parts and further claimed that the pedals were not installed properly when that is probably the easiest thing to install. In short, DO NOT EVER BUY A MOTOBECANE AND DO NOT EVER BUY FROM BIKESDIRECT.COM. I would give them zero starts if I could. Be forwarned.

christyh20
7/10/15

I ordered my bike July 3rd. Received a UPS label July 6th. It is now July 10th and no movement has been shown for shipping. I emailed the company two days ago...no response. I have called the company 6 times, with no answer. I finally left a voice mail....hoping to get a response soon! My friend ordered her bike from this company the day before me...and received it on Wednesday. We were hoping to go for a ride this weekend....apparently thats not going to happen. Very unsatisfied with the lack of customer service. No one should have this much trouble contacting a seller about a product they have already paid for, but not received!

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
Christy- we'd like to help you. We answer phones M-Fri 9am to 5pm EST. If you call outside those times, please leave a message and we will get back to you by the next business day. As you did not leave a message except for the 7th time, we had no way of knowing you called.
Our customer service found your email in spam and is replying to you right now.
Bikesdirect.com 904-249-2453 M-Fri 9a to 5p EST
ingridp4
6/5/15

BIKES DIRECT IS TOTALLY EVASIVE AND REFUSES TO ANSWER PRE-PURCHASE QUESTIONS ABOUT THEIR BIKES. ALL COMMUNICATION WITH THEM MUST BE DONE BY E-MAIL-- THEY HAVE NO PHONE.
SO AFTER A POTENTIAL BUYER GOES THROUGH ALL THE TIME AND TROUBLE OF WRITING TO THEM-- WHAT DOES BIKES DIRECT SEND BACK BUT A NON-SPECIFIC CUT&PASTE FROM ONE BIKE MAGAZINE OR ANOTHER. THEY REFUSE TO ANSWER ANY DIRECT QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT THEIR BIKE SPECS MEAN AND IF YOU PRESS THEM THEY QUIT ANSWERING E-MAILS.
BIKES DIRECT IS A TRUE SET-UP FOR THE CLASSIC-BAIT & SWITCH. THE ONLY WAY TO BEAT THEIR SYSTEM IS TO BE A BIKE-SPEC EXPERT.
WITH ALL THIS SHADY-DEALING ON THE PRE-PURCHASE SIDE I CAN IMAGINE THE NIGHTMARE RIP-OFF IF A BUYER HAS COMPLAINTS.

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
We are sorry you were frustrated. What was your specific question? We do have a phone number, it's 904-249-2453. This is answered on weekdays 9-5pm Eastern time. As you can see from our Bikesdirect Facebook page, we have over 13,000 happy customers. We've been in business for well over a Decade, longer than many bike shops. Pre-purchase questions are handled quickly within 24 hours (weekdays) by email by our sales department- their contact is bd4salesteam@aol.com or bd4alternative@yahoo.com. The sales dept also answers emails on the weekends.
matthiasj4
5/1/15

I bought a bike for my wife. The saddle post will not fit into the frame because the frame itself is bent. Called and write BK 4X and never got a live person or a reply. Son't believe the sales pitch of a $800 bike for $399. You are getting a $200 bike for 2X the price with ZERO support.

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
Hi- sorry for the frustration. Our service department will take care of you asap. Please email them at bd4servicecenter@aol.com - let us know what your order number is? Thanks
johnd363
4/22/15

Its amazing these guys are in business with such poor customer service! I followed THEIR guidelines for customer interaction over THEIR phone. I was going to buy their bike but I had one question which I could not find an answer to on their website concerning shipping. I called and left a message expecting a next day response. I called the next day informing them again that I was a ready buyer, still no response. Finally I called 9 times in a row and guess what they were there the whole time and sounded irritated they had to answer! (I was going to stop at 25. lol!) Needless to say, I paid $100 more at a local store and got a fully assembled bike the same day with a full year of tune ups and supported my local community!

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
This sounds very strange. What question did you have about shipping? We do post shipping info FAQ here: http://www.bikesdirect.com/frequent.htm
Please email joe@bikesdirect.com and let me know who you talked to and when and what your question was? We want to make sure our customer service is the best it can be.
joshn13
4/8/15

I was very excited when the UPS man came to my door. But comes to find out..BD only delivered just the frame...Where are the rest of the bike? wheels, tires, seat, handle bars, etc.... And worst yet, there is no phone number to call, only phone number if you want to order... email only. This is BS as i already signed up for a race this Saturday. Major disappointment !!! Never Again !!!

Response from mike s., BikesDirect Representative
Josh- we resolved this quickly and gave you a full refund. We do have a phone number to call during business hours 9-5pm M-Fri. EST. 904-249-2453. The warehouse made a mistake by sending you a frame and fork package. They are human and we strive to make as few mistakes as possible. We regret this error and have refunded you in full.
lancel7
12/7/14

Took delivery on my Bikes Direct "Fatbike" about a month ago and can't say enough about the quality compared to price-point! Nowhere will you find a better deal or better customer service!
UPDATE ALERT!!!! - So I was super thrilled with my purchase initially due to the perceived value, ease of order, assembly, etc... Now that I've been riding my Sturgis Bullet for a year (really about 3 months out of that year due to the fact that I only ride it in the snow), I couldn't be more disappointed in Bikes Direct. I've had nothing but trouble with the rear hub, and since I know it's still under warranty, I went to BD for help. They initially directed my to order a replacement freehub body through them, so I did... three weeks later I still didn't have the part so I contacted my local bike shop and they took care of me and helped me find a replacement. I then called BD to see why I had never received my part, and they told me they didn't have any... But they had charged me, so I had to request a refund. Fast-forward less than two months, failed hub again! Now I know BD doesn't make these hubs, but when I contacted them with my reoccurring concern, they told me iId have to contact the hub manufacturer directly and work through them. When I asked if I could get a call from someone at BD, their response was, we don't communicate with customers via phone, only by e-mail... basically there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE BEYOND PURCHASE!!! Luckily the Hub manufacturer has been great.
Bottom line - I would never purchase from BD again. I saved a few hundred dollars going with this bike, but I have more than paid the difference in shop fees, headaches, and missed riding opportunities since! Go with a local bike shop! I will never make this mistake again... when you have issues with a bike from a LBS, you can take it back to them, and if things are under warranty, they play the role of middle man between you and all the component manufacturers to get you taken care of. BD is not for the serious rider, and they have no customer service beyond purchase.

Tip for consumers: Seriously consider BD whenever in the market for a new bike.

I would recommend that you think about a hybrid bike first, as the tires are larger & the 26 inch wheels are a bit stronger. Also, you will be more comfortable riding on an upright position. If you like it, use it to loose weight while saving for a decent road bike.

By Jeffrey H.

No. the bike should come ready to ride.

By Dwight W.

Hi - the bike depends upon the type of riding you want to do and what you want out of riding. Do you want comfort? Durability? Speed? More upright riding position? Definitely want to look at bikes with larger tires as they would be more comfortable. The CycleCross type bikes are fast but have a bit larger tires for more durability and comfort than a skinny tire road bike. Check out the OmniStrada which have knobbier and larger tires than the regular cross bikes. They also have top tech tubeless compatible rims which you can easily convert with sealant and kit to being virtually flat free :) Check them out: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/cross_bikes.htm

By mike s., BikesDirect Representative

It depends on which bike you order. I also had to assemble and adjust the rr deraileur and break calipers. If you are not going to be home when it's delivered you can go to ups website and sign in advance. Ups will send you notifications before and when it arrives.

By william d.

I don't know of an municipality that requires you to register it.

By Alan F.

I think I paid about $55.00 or so. The bike turned out beautifully, it was a gift to my College student son and he loves it.

By Bobby D.

Shop costs vary...50 - $100 for assembly...... Yes, I have found my bike to be right on the numbers as far as weight....

By Chris P.

Here are some good assembly videos showing a mountain bike and a road bike. It's pretty easy- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OPLfsDliEk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUlRjaJWyo4

By mike s., BikesDirect Representative

"PERFORMANCE BIKES" ARE A GREAT CHOICE. FOR EXAMPLE, I BOUGHT A ROAD & GRAVEL 18 SPEED WITH A STURDY STEEL FRAME AND DISK BRAKES FROM THEM WHICH WAS $100 LESS (INCLUDING SHIPPING) THAN "BIKES DIRECT'S" ALUMINUM TUBING BIKES THAT WEIGH AS MUCH (OR MORE!). CHECK OUT THE BRITISH BRAND "CHARGE PLUG" (HA! AWFUL NAME) AT PERFORMANCE WHICH COMES WITH ALL THE TOP-OF-THE-LINE COMPONENTS PLUS STEEL FRAME AND WEIGHS JUST 24 POUNDS. ALSO I LIKE THIS BIKE BECAUSE WITH A SIMPLE $34 PART-CHANGE (ON THE REAR-WHEEL) IT'S GEARED FOR STEEP HILL-CLIMBS.

By INGRID P.

hi - if you are having trouble purchasing, please call us 9 to 5pm Eastern time, M-Fri 904-249-2453 to place an order :) Yes, we do take paypal and most major credit cards as well :)

By mike s., BikesDirect Representative
Questions? Get answers from the BikesDirect staff and other customers.

BikesDirect?