Review of B&H Photo Video

2017 Customer choice award

16 reviews with 3 stars

thomasj104
11/24/17

I do not understand why you could not recognize my presetted password. You make me reset whole thing as a new customer. It is very inconvenient to me.

ruths92
9/12/17

The man who answered did not know what I wanted even though, in fact, you do carry the item. I had to ask a friend who gave me the proper link. Then, of course, it was a very easy order.

monas37
9/6/17

Sonos is giving 15% one off discount (for its 15th Anniversary) on its players which can be purchased in many retailers like BestBuy etc etc. BHPhotoVideo is not one of them. Upon asking for price matching in Live Chat, I was told it was not possible to match.
It is bad that a popular BHPhotoVideo cannot offer this 15% discount

crystalw58
8/25/17

I like B&H because of their selection, but if you're not a photographer or a videographer and you're trying to buy professional equipment and you don't know all of the lingo, they are not very helpful and they are very impatient.

Additionally, I had some photos (from a previous shoot where their equipment was used) of what I wanted to order from them, which was about $500+ worth of lighting and a soft box, but the guy I was talking to couldn't accept any email to look at the photos.....so I didn't order it.

Now I have to call a photographer, send them the photos so they can tell me what to order.

It's rediculous. I spent $236 and it could have been over $700 or $800 but they just aren't that helpful over the phone and no one seems to be looking for solutions.

craigd45
8/2/17

Need immediate attention to billing address section of website. Locked up at change billing address six times, wasted 45 minutes trying to change and finally gave up. Call to explain 312-408-5429

tracyw95
7/31/17

Too many clicks are needed to get the information needed to make an informed selection. I'm speaking of camera accessories here. The info on cameras and lenses themselves seems adequate. However, when looking for cases to fit zoom lenses, there is only one search filter for size of case, and that is length. Length of what? Length of lens or length of case? Not enough info to compare interior dimensions and exterior dimensions. Took an hour to find the case I needed, and "Chat" not available on a Monday after 5 pm.

paulr237
7/26/17

I find the site about average. A bit confusing when attempting to determine if I bought the right items together to qualify for the Canon rebate, but the site works and is reasonably easy to navigate so I'm not complaining unless it costs me the 250 dollar rebate.

keithe24
6/30/17

I've ordered new and used from B&H over the years with plenty of details about what's in the box and quick shipping. However, this time, what was included was not comprehensive or even minimal under the product description of used items. But, short on time before traveling, and with the promise of free expedited shipping, I ordered anyway. Four business days later, my delivery had still not left their warehouse. With only 2 day before I left, and a call to B&H, they did find and overnight the merchandise. But, that gave me no time to learn and use the product before traveling. So, I'm probably going to continue ordering from them, but I'll be a little cynical about their "expedited" shipping.

edgara15
6/12/17

I wish B&H can provide mo information on delivery on items not stock. Two weeks ago I have order two commercial TV's and still have not received a shipping confirmation.

luisv28
Luis V.
5/22/17

i was looking for a case for a BLU phone on sale (great deal) i just bought but they didn't have any

anthonyn39
3/16/17

This site has fair prices on items that are sold at MSRP price. I only shop on this site because I don't have to pay tax. However, their daily sale items kept me coming back. For that reason, it's a great place to shop if you're looking for a particular item on sale.

However, they have horrible customer service. If you shop on Amazon, you'll get your item on time or they give you compensation for items that arrive late or if something goes wrong with your order. BHphotovideo only apologizes for delays or problems with your order. You will only get frustration as your order arrives late or your "sales" item order cancelled at your request. For example, two weeks ago, I ordered a $300 item that was only sale for $155. I paid $20 shipping because apparently "everything ships free" except for that item that I ordered. UPS screwed up my shipment and damaged it in the process. They never deliver or attempt to deliver the item. They just returned to sender without my consent. I contacted BHphotovideo to send replacement for "damaged" product and they said that they will not send me a new one. They will attempt to resend the shipment that UPS said had been damaged once they receive the shipment back from UPS. I asked them to just contact the manufacturer to send me a new one. They said that the item is discontinued and they will not be able to order another one for me. I sent them a link to the manufacturer's website for the exact item that they said is discontinued. The item is actually still available from the manufacturer and ready to be added to cart and shipped. The representative with whom I chat said that he was unable to open the link I sent (I copied and pasted directly from my browser). So all in all, I will not receive my order and they refused to send me a replacement because they ran out of stock and refused to contact the manufacturer to send me a replacement. You can shop with them at your own risk. They have great deals on some very specific products but you may or may not get your order if someone goes wrong.

jennyr36
8/8/16

I like this site

aarons46
11/8/14

Just visited B&H Photo video site. The site is pretty well and one can choose the items quickly. All the categories are displayed right on the home page so you don't have to find them in header menu bar. Nice site. Thinking of buying something from this site but, just saw message that, currently you can't place an order on this site. Will try in sometime.

mildreder
10/11/14

The customers service must be improved. The products are good.

jeanalm
9/13/14

B&H shopping is a five Star Rating is the result of thousands of customers who find their B&H shopping experience as nothing less than outstanding. Beginning with helpful pre-sales assistance through the final sale, customer satisfaction is the hallmark of the B&H Photo shopping experience. They are extremely reliable in their shipping and they always have US warranties.

jimh57
10/22/13

The customers service must be improved. The products are good.

Robert: Email me - henryp[at]bhphoto.com - and include the original B&H order number if possible. Eddy: We have a 40+ year sterling reputation. We're owned by a New Yorker, not someone in any other country. We offer free shipping on thousands of items. Arvin: We have a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy on almost everything we sell. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

ANy refurbished item we sell has been refurbished by the manufacturer or official US distributor, Nikon USA or Canon USA etc. Other used items are each rated on a numeric scale and we tend to be conservative so customers are not disappointed.

By mike j.

You can email henryp[at]bhphoto.com and either I will address your question or forward it to whoever here is best suited to do so.. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

When you put an item into a shopping cart on the B&H site. after you provide the destination our site will calculate shipping fees for any available shipping vendors so you can decide which to use before processing your purchase. ^hp

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Used items are listed in a separate section of our site. All of these - bhpho.to/1TQamPr - are brand new.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Online we're at www.bandh.com. Our store is 420 9th Ave in Manhattan.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Unless the US government or a manufacturer has a restriction we ship almost ecveryting we sell to Australia.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Order cutoff times for all domestic orders shipping via UPS, FedEx Economy, or FedEx Priority: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm ET Friday: 11:00am ET or 12:00pm DST Domestic orders shipping via USPS, FedEx Saver, or Truck (non-rush), received before 7:00am ET will be shipped same day Order cutoff times for White Glove next day delivery (domestic): Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm ET Friday: 11:00am ET or 12:00pm DST International orders received before 7:00am local New York time will be shipped same day.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the B&H Photo Video staff and other customers.

13 Photos for B&H Photo Video