Review of B&H Photo Video

2017 Customer choice award

11 reviews with 2 stars

nn74
11/24/17

I think your checkout -- from determining shipping vs billing addresses & nearly everything else, to be the most awkward I've ever encountered. It was so frustrating that just before submitting I thought of leaving & seeing if I could find another site with the same prices. When it came down to it, I decided I'd finish the purchase with you but I'd not like to come back.....

warrenf9
8/7/17

Bought a large HDTV from B&H before Black Friday. Somehow, they got the wrong delivery address, then blamed it on me. Long story - it apparently was delivered to my old address, after I had updated my new address; they told me they'd re-route it to my new address, then failed to notify me that it was sent to my old address.

Use Best Buy.

I'm not paying them.

yucefl
6/7/17

The box was opened and didnt seem to be a new in the box product ! The hard disk was formated for Macos, that seemed rare !

claytonr10
12/19/16

I once bought a Vienna Symphonic Library single instrument there a few months back & it took 2 business days to get my download link & serial number from them. It was a downloadable product not a shipping product. However when I left feedback they responded politely.
I wish they would include the pro tools mbox 2 with the upgrade to pro tools 12 again. It was a special bundle they had exclusively at BHphoto for $200.
***BHphoto, If you bring that bundle back & I am able to scoop on up, I will increase this review to a 5 stars.***

johnb722
11/7/16

I have used B&H a few times over the years and everything is fine until you have a problem. It maybe ok if you live in the US but if you are ordering from Canada beware things are not so rosy. I bought a 9+ lens from them and it broke within a couple days. Ok that can happen and I know they warranty their products BUT the problem is if you want your money back you are out the duty and taxes (in my case was 100 bucks) or if you want to exchange for another exactly the same they won't mark return or warranty on the box so again you have to pay the duty. Your only choice is to have the one you have repaired which in my case was a lens and I wasn't happy about paying top dollar for a used lens only to have it worked on in a repair shop.

wendym57
12/7/15

This is the first time I used B&H Photo. I ordered an Olympus TG4 camera and the more expensive add-on telephoto lens. I received the telephoto lens box with a less expensive fish-lens inside the telephoto box. In addition, there was no paperwork in the box. Seems to me I received a return or refurbished item when ordering and paying for a new item. B&H was happy to send me a return shipping label and replace the item once they received the return. I would be charged for the lens a second time if I wanted it next day air. If time is of the essence, be careful ordering from B&H and check you items very carefully. I was not happy with the outcome of this and will be taking my business elsewhere in the future.

georgial3
11/5/14

I had gone though with this site for buying a new camera for me. This www.bhphotovideo.com service is not giving a proper description about the product. So this is difficult to understanding the product appropriately. Therefore I took www.dpreview.com site for purchasing a new camera. They are giving better details than this site.

donw16
8/21/14

Pretty disappointed. Camera battery went dead after one use, (Had the battery for 45 days in my case). They said that it was beyond their warranty. I must send it into the manufacturer. A little hard to do when you don't speak or write Chinese. Oh well, back to my local guys.

Tip for consumers: Support your local photo shop or retailer.

durnl
3/9/11

I am a High School photo instructor, I buy TONS of photo gear and equipment... B&H service is consistently lame... it sucks... the reps that I talk to are arrogant and condescending, less than helpful and rude. I recently had an issue with a tripod that I bought from them, they told me to contact the manufacturer, when I asked for the number, the rep told me to google it.
I AM PREPARING TO SPEND 25,000 ON NEW CAMERAS FOR MY DEPARTMENT AND
I WILL NEVER BUY FROM B&H AGAIN.

brianj3
10/27/10

Ordered a home theater system because they had the best price. I was hesitant because my only previous experience (camera purchase) was somewhat bad also due to persistent and aggressive upselling. This time the order did not ship on time, and when I called the customer service simply did not care. Nothing was done, no apology, it shipped late and that was that. The customer service was somewhere between apathetic and rude.

B&H isn't the worst company out there, but they are low on my list for future purchases.

jerryg1
2/2/10

Sure they have everything under the sun, may God help you if your order isn't right. Basically they tell you that "There is nothing we can do about it, here's the manufacturers number, good luck." I have spent thousands of dollars with them, trust me, they don't give a $#!}.

Robert: Email me - henryp[at]bhphoto.com - and include the original B&H order number if possible. Eddy: We have a 40+ year sterling reputation. We're owned by a New Yorker, not someone in any other country. We offer free shipping on thousands of items. Arvin: We have a 30-day no-questions-asked return policy on almost everything we sell. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

ANy refurbished item we sell has been refurbished by the manufacturer or official US distributor, Nikon USA or Canon USA etc. Other used items are each rated on a numeric scale and we tend to be conservative so customers are not disappointed.

By mike j.

You can email henryp[at]bhphoto.com and either I will address your question or forward it to whoever here is best suited to do so.. -- Henry Posner / B&H Photo-Video

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

When you put an item into a shopping cart on the B&H site. after you provide the destination our site will calculate shipping fees for any available shipping vendors so you can decide which to use before processing your purchase. ^hp

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Used items are listed in a separate section of our site. All of these - bhpho.to/1TQamPr - are brand new.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Online we're at www.bandh.com. Our store is 420 9th Ave in Manhattan.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Unless the US government or a manufacturer has a restriction we ship almost ecveryting we sell to Australia.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]

Order cutoff times for all domestic orders shipping via UPS, FedEx Economy, or FedEx Priority: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm ET Friday: 11:00am ET or 12:00pm DST Domestic orders shipping via USPS, FedEx Saver, or Truck (non-rush), received before 7:00am ET will be shipped same day Order cutoff times for White Glove next day delivery (domestic): Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm ET Friday: 11:00am ET or 12:00pm DST International orders received before 7:00am local New York time will be shipped same day.

By Henry P. [B&H Photo Video Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the B&H Photo Video staff and other customers.

13 Photos for B&H Photo Video