Review of Ben's Outlet

Support@1SaleADay.com

32 reviews with 1 star

dianew15
5/16/16

Late 2012, I ordered a point and shoot camera from Bens Outlet. It took several weeks to get it. I am a professional photographer and I wanted something lightweight to put in my purse. I took the camera out of the box, put in the batteries. The lens extended and stopped. I tried turning it on and off and changing the batteries. The camera was defective. There was no customer service number to speak to anyone directly. I called the manufacturer and they agreed that the camera was malfunctioning and should be returned to the retailer. I returned it to them ( Bens Outlet) with a letter of explanation. They claimed they never received the camera and I ended up paying for a broken camera. Finally, after at least ten letters to Bens Outlet and repeated attempts to find a customer service number, I gave up. Although I challenged the charge with my credit card company, since I did not return it via registered return mail. I had no proof.
I highly recommend that you do not use them or advertise them on your website. They are unreliable and cheat their customers. Too bad you don't allow for zero ratings
Sincerely,
Diane Wolfe

fucky4
11/18/14

My order apparently doesn't exist. $#*! you ben

tomj31
11/14/14

Can't give zero stars. But these guys are horrible. Their "low" prices are not worth it. Stay away!
After waiting 2 weeks for the package, all the parts did not come in the box.
Requested replacement or credit to purchase missing parts. Responses take 2-3 days and they expected me to pay for return shipping.

Headache is not worth the savings.

thomasp16
2/26/14

Like other cust said ,No response to emai no traking number sent. Only got tracking number after filing a complaint with pay pal.Got product two weeks after I placed order, product was defective. Sent two emails no responce,had to esculate claim with pay pal.Of corse same item two days later was ten dollares cheaper on ther sister site onesaladay.Oh and the expext you to pay return shipping,and hope new product is not defctive,and pay return shippig again.

donnv2
9/9/13

ordered a cuisinart gelato maker... got an ice cream maker... ad definitely said gelato... they are two different models... thought the price was too good to be true

elliottn2
8/4/13

Order placed 05/27/13 now 06/04/13 tracking number to USPS come up with no info. Tracking fromsite says label printed...???

henryt12
6/2/13

I gave them another chance same thing. It take forever to ship it also they send you damage items. Waste of time and money Money why because you have to pay return shipping.

dg32
5/24/13

I placed an order on 5/18/2013 with this site and my order was confirmed, and my Visa card charged. However, on 5/23/2013, my order was cancelled stating, "Due to an unusually high volume of orders for this item that our warehouse was not prepared for, this order cannot be fulfilled at this time. Your order has been canceled and refunded to you in full." I wasted five days waiting for the item to arrive, when I could have conveniently purchased it somewhere else.

mathankumarv
5/1/13

I ordered a 54 piece kitchen item but I did't get the order number itself to my mail ID.
Fake site never ever ever ever order in this site. There is no contact number for this site, and no response for mail. Not even deserve a star for this $#@!....

crinay
3/17/13

I placed on order for two 2-Pack Wamsutta Jumbo Extra Firm Pillows with Hypoallergenic Polyester Fill-100% Cotton for $19.99 each. I also used a $3 coupon code and what I paid end up being a good deal for JUMBO EXTRA FIRM Pillows. Unfortunately, the pillows I received are STANDARD EXTRA SOFT. I sent an email to them and the reply included a Return Authorization together with advise to use a shipping carrier that uses tracking number. Since the mistake was on their side either advertising the pillows wrong or maybe someone in the packing department grabbed the wrong product, I don't think I should be paying $18 at the Post Office to return the 4 pillows I ordered. They should be sending me a label for free return.The shipping I would say was quick. The pillows were shipped in two days from the day I placed my order and I received the package in 11 days. The pillows were individually placed in plastic bags to keep them clean even though one bag was not closed all the way and the fabric got very dirty. I emailed them back and now I am waiting for a reply from customer service regarding the free shipping return. Hopefully, I get that since I am not asking them to overnight me the jumbo extra firm pillows I ordered in the first place. I don;t how the other products are but so far I am not impressed with bensoutlet.com

scotts62
1/20/13

Order placed for a camera on 1/5/13. Finally received a shipping notification on 1/14/13. The tracking number provided shows as "voided" on ups.com, while bensoutlet.com still shows the item shipped. Emailed for clarification and status - no response. Avoid this site like the flu.

kathieh1
1/16/13

Do not do business with these con artists. They owe me a refund on a defective product, they have lied repeatedly claiming they refunded me which they did not, paypal even offered to assist me, we tried calling , they would disconnect the call,I kept asking them for a transaction number, they refused to give one, I am going to continue to report them, and hope they go out of business.

dalene2
1/14/13

I Ordered a camera December 18th, a shipping label was made on December 20th with tracking number, it is now January 14th tracking number doesn't work because nothing has been shipped. I contacted customer service 14 days ago they said there was a delay in shipping and It should go out in the next 1 to 5 business days. 10 business days later no sign of anything being shipped!!!?

davidw89
12/23/12

Beware!! Placed my order on December 15. Checked on order the 19th and it was still being processed. Sent an email asking when it would be shipped? No reply. Checked again on 20th and still being processed. Sent another email and received no reply. Received an automated email on the 21st stating the item had been shipped with a tracking number. Checked tracking number on 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd. The UPS message states:
"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status including the scheduled delivery date will be updated. Label Created On:12/20/2012". Three days and counting since the label was created and UPS still has not received the package. I have not received any replies to my emails. Looks like Santa will not be delivering this present on Christmas day! Maybe by New Years. I wished I had checked these reviews before ordering.

nealm18
12/22/12

Placed 2 separate orders, one on Dec. 2nd, one on the 3rd. Received a tracking number and shipment confirmation on December 8th for both orders in my email. Tracking number never became active as to allow me to see if package had actually been shipped or a label had just been printed. Called customer service on Dec. 16th as I had received no package and was unable to track it. After 40 minutes (not an exaggeration)on hold being reminded how valuable I am as a customer and that my call was important to them with some crappy blues music blaring in my ear so loud I had to set the phone down and wait for a service rep. When the rep finally answered the phone, she said she could not verify if the order had been processed or shipped as that information isn't in her system. When I asked if the items I ordered as gifts would be here by Christmas I was told that the website said that they could not guarantee delivery by the 25th. The website did NOT say this and when I asked her to tell me where it said it as I am in front of my pc now, I was promptly hung up on. I did receive all of the items I ordered eventually in separate packages over the course of the week before Christmas. Would I subject myself to their horrible customer service and lack of information on my order ever again? NO!!! They will take your money immediately and offer absolutely no viable customer support when you start to worry because it's been 2 weeks and you still can't even track your package. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! I wish I could give LESS than 1 star and still offer a review.

arthurf2
10/28/12

Ordered an item that was not as advertised, requests to return were ignored, have cancelled account. Same items can be found as equal or lower prices elsewhere. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND FRUSTRATION. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BEN

elizabeths30
10/12/12

Summery: Item ordered on 10/1/12 never received. There is no telephone number and I was unable to speak with a supervisor. I was given deceptive information by customer service. I was told that it was impossible to cancel order, even though it has still not been sent out 2 weeks later.

I ordered headphones on 10/01/12. I received conformation and payment was taken on the day. On 10/12/12, I tried to access tracking information as I had not received the headphones yet. There was no information at all about my order on my account. I contacted customer service via e-mail, and was told that there was a problem in the warehouse and items had not shipped yet. When I wrote back for more complete information, I received a notice that the items had shipped, but there was a system problem. When I again asked for information of when it was sent and when I would received it, I received an email with a UPS tracking number from that day , but item was actually received by UPS. When I asked to cancel my order and be transferred to a supervisor, the customer service rep wrote back that there was nothing that could be done. They have no number to speak to anyone.

charlesl19
9/9/12

My wife ordered pillows. They sent them them to a different address in another state. They won't send the pillows to us or refund the money. They say she gave them the wrong address! We have ordered from them before and they sent the stuff to our correct address 5 times before. They also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee I guess if Ben's Outlet gets your money, they are 100% satisfied and you are out of luck!

kank
9/2/12

More or less same experience as others who rated this retailer with 1 star. They charge the credit card as soon you order, even send out a UPS tracking number only for your consolation because that tracking number never shows up in UPS systems even after 10 business days. Don't understand how these type of retailers are still allowed to do business online.

jp35
8/23/12

Scammers. I bought two of an item they showed in stock. They charged me for the merchandise. Then they sent a UPS tracking number that was NEVER in the UPS system. After two weeks I contacted them and they did not even have the product in stock. A total fraud.

sonial1
7/16/12

I ordered a Pandigital 7" Tablet for my grandson's birthday - it came and I was very excited. Opened the box and there was no power source. I tried calling their customer service - there is none, at least none that I could find. I emailed them to see if they could just send the charger since they are still advertising them. Their c/s is the worst I have ever seen. They asked if I would take a $5 rebate. Of course not, I wanted the charger that was to come with it. To make a long story short, I returned it today - shipping back to them at my expense. I would never, ever to business with them again!

jogyp
6/27/12

This site sells chinese knock off products will US price. Very dissatisfied with purchase. The tablet they sell for $59 is a waist of money. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE. DONT WAIST YOUR TIME. I finally got the money back. Do yourself a favor, pay the extra dollar and buy branded products. They are ripping off american consumers!!

shleppyb
6/26/12

The Good:
Sell items at relatively low prices, but items are not listed accurately and shipping is as slow as it gets (slowest shipping I have encountered of any website to date)

The Bad:
Products listed incorrectly, customer service is poor, shipping speed is poor as well.

My experience with Bens Outlet:
Contacted Ben's Outlet prior to making a purchase to confirm that the item I wanted to purchase was new and not refurbished. They responded with canned text that was an obvious copy/paste used to sluff off questions. Their response made no attempt to answer my question. Several emails later they confirmed the product was in new condition, so I ordered three of them.

15 days after I placed my order, the items finally arrived. When the items arrived they were refurbished, not new as the product listing indicated, and as the customer service staff indicated.

Just contacted them to see if I could return the items. Expectations are low considering how things have gone so far.

matthewb6
6/25/12

I purchased an Acer Iconia A500 tablet from this company. The delivery was delayed and then when I received the product, the tablet was defective. The battery would not hold a charge and would not work as advertised. I emailed their customer support which replied that the battery wasn't covered under their 90-day warranty which was not disclosed upon purchase. They did offer a warranty support through their third party (Liquidity Services, Inc), however they required a serial number which was supposed to be found on the product and in the "Device Information" in the settings on the tablet's operating system. Neither was found. When I requested the information from Ben's Outlet they replied that they did not have any information on that. Because of this, I could not receive repair/replacement from their warranty service they they suggested. I cannot get this equipment repaired as they advertised, and upon discovery of the lack of serial number, I cannot even prove that this device would even belong to me.

I reported them to the BBB and expect a full refund. Never before have I experienced such bull from a company...

davids111
6/19/12

Beware, These people are scam artists. They create a shiping label and never ship your prduct.

Questions? Get answers from the Ben's Outlet staff and other customers.

Ben's Outlet?