Review of Bench Depot

149 reviews with 4 stars

johnd2252
John D.
2/12/19

My overall experience with BenchDepot has went very well. We purchased a large number of table and accessories and have been pleased with the product. We had some damage caused by carrier that delivered the tables, but the customer service person at Bench Depot helps us replace the damaged parts in a very timely manner.

charlieg43
Charlie G.
11/9/18

Overall the Benches were easy to put together and pretty robust; but the accessories were a struggle- some we had to drill additional holes or modify using other methods. The Bin rails for the longer benches were useless and we had to make our own. The cable holder was useless and we also made our own. The Bench chairs were nice and easy to put together.

Ordering would be better if everything could be done online; build your bench, press a button and place the order. Now you have to submit for a Quote; approve the quote; send k for a work order; print; sign, scan, and email back.

deluxes1
Deluxe S.
11/8/18

I am a distributor and have had a good experience with a number of orders we have placed. I have never received any complaints as far as product or assembly from the end user. Only once after many benches there was a small part missing and it was taken care of immediately.

jayb118
Jay B.
8/14/18

Shopping was easy online, no issues ordering. I ordered benches from Bench Depot in the past and still feel they are a great value. I was hoping for a little quicker delivery, but benches were delivered earlier than promised.

nlj
NL J.
8/13/18

The sales team was very helpful and quick to respond. The workbench I ordered is exactly what I needed.

grantu1
Grant U.
7/21/18

The process of placing an order is very difficult. There's a bit of a language barrier and the people at BenchDepot were not very responsive throughout the process. After the product was ordered, it arrived in a timely manner and was VERY well packaged. Nothing of the over 200pcs ordered was damaged. Work benches did not include instructions, but the assembly process is pretty simple to figure out (there are instructions on the website if need be). Benches are very well designed and extremely sturdy. I would recommend purchasing the workbenches, and plan to order more in the future. I wish they had an "Add to Cart" option on their website for non-custom orders.

chadb83
Chad B.
4/3/18

Service and product was great. The only negative I have with this company is that they do not accept purchase orders and all larger companies use PO's when purchasing office and lab furniture. I would recommend that Bench Depot revisit this policy so it is easier to do business with them.

steveb356
Steve B.
1/22/18

The original proposal quote was for lead times that did not fit our schedule. We worked with BenchDepot to improve the lead time and the order shipped much sooner in time for our critical capital project. It is nice to hear people say "yes" when you come to them with a problem. Good work BenchDepot!

garryg19
Garry G.
6/9/17

We purchased back-to-back Kennedy work tables. Received the product in great condition. Assembly went well. Very easy to assemble. It was a little difficult to align the bolts on the adjustable legs. We also purchased the integrated LED overhead lights. I am still trying to figure out what the formed metal plates are for. I used them to hold the power converter and excess cable but if that was the intended purpose the design needs a major overhaul. A simple picture of what to do with them would have been extremely helpful.
I appreciated that the shelf uprights can be assembled without having to hold the nut from underneath since the nut is permanently inserted into the bench top. There were two of the long bolts that were missing. I need to contact them to send the bolts. Also there were thin metal plates, 1" x 4" that I used on the underside of the bench top between the bench top and the upright so when I used the screws to better secure the upright it would not dig into the wood. Again a picture would be helpful.

stever216
Steve R.
5/5/17

Over the past couple of orders, I have had issues with missing hardware, missing holes in brackets, etc. When I've tried to get these resolved, I have been met with resistance on getting them resolved. I'm still waiting on a resolution from my last order. I've sent pictures of the brackets that I received with the missing holes and I still have not received a corrective action on getting them resolved.

mikew404
mike w.
3/30/17

We were stumped by the lack of any reference to assembly instructions or parts list in the carton. We are, afterall, engineers and assembly was pretty straight forward. We did eventually prevail.

It was only coincidently that after the assembly was complete that we were at the web site and found complete assembly instructions there.

Could have used a heads up!

dannym118
Danny M.
3/14/17

You have great products with very good service!
I like how easy it is globally to order custom stuff.
Yet, it is often complicated to order custom colors, since you do not seem to use any standard like "Formica" for your top colors.

rickd119
Rick D.
2/2/17

Took quite a while to receive an email invoice copy.

Metal parts arrived scuffed & scratched from insufficient packaging (i.e., Metal parts should have been wrapped in plastic wrap or something.)

Shipping company told me they did not deliver past 2 PM. I said fine, deliver at 2 PM. Bench arrived around 11 AM when I wasn't home.

daniels292
Daniel S.
12/19/16

Order experience was very good. However I had to call to find out the order was going to be late. But after that I received follow up call to say order shipped. All of the product ordered was received as ordered and in good shape.

jodip21
Jodi P.
12/14/16

I love your adjustable height tables! My only request is that the adjustable legs be shorter than the casters when completely retracted, because sometimes when moving the tables across uneven floors the legs get caught and cause the table to stop. This can be very frustrating when moving long distances.

donnieo3
Donnie o.
12/12/16

Anna is great to work with. Products are also very good. Overall we are quite pleased with Bench Depot.

pm130
P M.
12/2/16

The products were easy to assemble, however there were some minor defects with two of the four countertops. One of them had a slightly ripped aluminum lining underneath and one of them had a side laminate that was not very well aligned. The leg quality, however, is great.

danh103
Dan H.
11/16/16

The shelf was missing the brackets so I could not put the bench in place until two weeks later due to this error. This issue aside, I was very pleased with the quality of the work station and will be buying more.

steves690
Steve S.
11/15/16

Some confusion with the shipping of our product and another Orangetheory Fitness in California.
Customer Service seemed to resolve this issue and we are awaiting for our next order to ship.

jackh178
Jack H.
11/2/16

Ordered set of pedestal drawers over 2 months ago. As of yesterday they still haven't shipped! Except for this my experience has been excellent. Purchased 7 other work benches and was extremely please with ease of assembly and sturdiness of the bench. Finished height dimensions were right on. Have already referred two associates. Janette was always friendly and helpful as my sales rep. Highly recommend.

jamiea68
Jamie A.
9/9/16

Very impressed with the quality of the bench. It's the kind of thing you only want to purchase once. It went together easily. I'm confident that our new bench will be a fixture in our new facility for decades.

jimk174
Jim K.
8/26/16

Everything looks good except the LED lights in the shelf does not work correctly, also having to order parts like the foot rest/cross support separately is annoying.

seanb116
Sean B.
8/23/16

Very easy to assembly, and didn't require us to contact our Maintenance Department (big plus!). Surface finish and quality are excellent.

zeenatw
Zeenat W.
7/21/16

Benches are very high quality, easy to put together, and very customizeable. Lead times tend to be quick once the order is placed.

andreai13
Andrea I.
7/19/16

I ordered two ESD chairs for a shorter bench top that we had. When the item shipped, we received a tracking number which is always greatly appreciated. When tracked, I noticed that the chairs were shipping to the wrong address (one digit off). I sent an email to customer service and received a quick reply that said the error had been fixed. The chairs arrived on time, great quality, and comfortable for sitting in for long periods of time. We will be ordering from BenchDepot again.

124 additional ratings and reviews were submitted through Shopper Approved, but only the most recent reviews above 100 characters are displayed.

Questions? Get answers from the Bench Depot staff and other customers.

Bench Depot?