Review of Bench Depot

131 reviews with 3 stars

scottu9
Scott U.
11/14/18

My Grant work bench did not ship when I had scheduled it to. I received a notice that it had shipped two weeks early, when I called to find out where it was because I hadn't received it, was told that it did not ship but would on the scheduled date. When I called again to find out why I still hadn't received it a week after that date, was told it just shipped that day. Finally got the bench and assembled it. The bench was very unstable so I called to state I thought it was missing it's center supports (that were pictured for this bench on your web site). Customer service agreed after I sent a photo of the assembled bench. They sent only one side. I called back and e-mailed another picture of the bench, with half of the center support in place and they agreed to send the other half. A month after the scheduled date, that was established a month earlier, I finally had a fully functioning work bench.

frankiem31
Frankie M.
6/29/17

My order was delayed and I wasn't notified. This is frustrating because I had scheduled assemblers to receive and assemble the benches that day.

mikes890
Mike S.
6/29/17

FROM WHAT I CAN TELL, YOU HAVE NO QA OF OUTGOING PARTS . BOLTS ARE MISSING FROM LED LIGHT ASSEMBLIES, THE FIRST GEN LED LIGHTS WERE GARBAGE AND IT APPEARS THAT THIS HAS BEEN FIXED WITH A POWER SUPPLY. I'M SURE YOU LOST A LOT OF MAONEY REPLACING ALL THE LED LIGHTS THAT FAILED IN THE FIELD.

tonyh140
Tony H.
6/29/17

I purchased a 6 foot X 36 inch maple top (1.75 thick) with the rounded edge with the maple top shelf to go along with the desk.

Overall the actual products are great but I did have some hardware issues. Bench Depot really needs some QA when it comes to the hardware. Initially, I did not receive the feet/gliders for the legs of the desk. After calling Bench Depot about this, I received the parts a week later. Secondly, the bolts to attach the shelf to the desk were to short & there were no split washers. The bolts did not go all the way through the desk. I suspect they sent the bolts for the maple top that is not as thick as the one I ordered. They have two different sizes. I did not bother to call about the bolts since they are cheap enough at the local hardware store. Plus, I did not feel like waiting another week just to receive some bolts.

dianap122
diana p.
6/29/17

some confusion back and forth on addresses and I was partly to blame. The bench came in assembled, looks great, just the legs on the right side are slightly bent in

carolynf71
Carolyn F.
6/29/17

Very sturdy product. We like it, and it works great for us. Custom items take little too long and responses are not as quick. But in the end it's always solved to customer satisfaction. Thank you, BenchDepot!

amandam348
Amanda M.
6/29/17

Good experience with customer service, but the website is frustrating. If there were some sort of option to add things to a cart, that would reduce the time and frustration of placing an order significantly.

124 additional ratings and reviews were submitted through Shopper Approved, but only the most recent reviews above 100 characters are displayed.

Questions? Get answers from the Bench Depot staff and other customers.

Bench Depot?