Review of Beds.co.uk

12 reviews with 3 stars

mariaf188
Maria F.
1/12/19

Ordered 3 divan single beds online on 26/12 delivery was as scheduled and quite quick. Ordered on Visa. Once I'd unwrapped one, drawer fronts came apart from rest of bed and tear in leather surround, quality very substandard so didn't open the other 2 and rang up to report faulty one and request full money back for all. Collection slot made for 2/1/19 but they didn't turn up to collect. I rang and was told driver had had an accident..and they had rebooked collection for the 4/1. However they did collect on the 4/1 and my money refunded in full 5 working days later.
All I will say is always look at reviews before purchasing, pay by visa, and take photos of everything and document/screen shot everything and you'll have every eventuality covered...i did so i was happy id get my money back in the end.

christinew93
12/16/17

Very prompt service and economic purchase although price does reflect quality. Good customer service.

daanyaalp
12/14/17

Great matress and bed frame was good too. However I ordered a headboard and there was nothing to attach it on the bed. Everything else was good.

amberp50
12/14/17

Nice option to choose delivery date, and was delivered on time. However, the delivery company wasn't very helpful in terms of knowing what time the bed would arrive.

helenb103
12/5/17

Ordered a Super King size bed for a bargain price with mattress and storage. We didn't expect top quality due to the price but we was wrong as it definitely was top quality. Even the draws were made of wood and not that chip board stuff. Delivery was fast and communication on date was excellent. Only one negative and that is the bed is so comfy we don't want to get up in the morning.
Unfortunately event though I have informed beds. Com of my review, which they asked me to write, they have not given me, as promised, 20% discount on my next order or my £10 refund. Such a shame customer service let's them down.

georgeg147
12/5/17

I wasn't told that my bed wouldn't be taken upstairs for me nor was I pleased with the attitude of one the delivery drivers. If you live in a tenement beware.....you may have your bed left in the street as the delivery guys ain't insured to lift anything. Either that or you have to return it. I'm happy enough with the bed but be wary of all the glowing reviews as there's a 10 or 20 pound bribed offered for positive review.

jaydevs
11/24/17

Good quick easy of using website for delivery of bed. Will use again. Contact information is good. Fast delivery 2man delivery,

ginnyb9
8/3/17

Ordered 3 mattresses (over £500) at the beginning of July for delivery w/c 24th July - failed to deliver on the original agreed day (Monday) but guaranteed delivery on the Friday - when I called to get the delivery slot I was told by a very rude and aggressive member of their team that they were not delivering our mattresses that day as they had been let down by their couriers - then it was because the mattresses had not been made and they didn't hold stock - the member of staff insisted that he could guarantee delivery for the following week and this was because he was more reliable than any of his colleagues etc etc - by this time I was completely fed up and cancelled the order - have yet to see whether they return my money.
Subsequently a very helpful customer service manager called me back and asked if they could be given a further chance to fulfil the order - I reluctantly agreed and to give them credit they did deliver on the appointed day and gave us a partial refund (£70) for the inconvenience caused previously - hence I am editing my review to reflect that the order was finally fulfilled - mattresses are OK but as they are only for occasional use they will be fine.

ghittab
3/20/17

UPDATE: 20 March 2017

After my last review left re: Beds.co.uk, they finally within 20 minutes of putting the review online, got back to me.

I can now happily say that they arranged a speedy re-deliver of the correct bed, which I have now received.

This was followed-up by more calls from management apologising and checking I have received my bed.

The issue has thankfully now been resolved in a speedy way and further action will be taken to investigate why this has happened and to prevent something similar from happening again in future to other customers.

It's a shame it took my review to have this issue resolved, but hopefully now this will never happen again and I thank them for this speedy resolution, which is greatly appreciated.

Oct 2016:
I ordered a grey, ottoman double bed in Oct 2016. The bed arrived, but was pink, not an ottoman and a super king!

I rearranged for delivery after being on hold to the company for 28mins.

November 2016:
The grey ottoman arrived. I'm not familiar with FEET so assumed it was the right bed.

We put the bed together (which took about 1 hour to do only to realise once we had the mattress on that it was a KING bed.

25mins on hold I finally managed to get a collection and redelivery arranged .... for JAN 2017!
WE had to however take the bed apart again and try and fit it back into the boxes.

13 Jan 2017.
I called them to double check and ensure the collection and delivery of the DOUBLE bed is arriving the next day and was assured it is.

14 Jan 2017
Waited at home all day from 7am-7pm. No bed. No collection.

16 Jan
Called them 5x.
Bed was not delivered as is now out of stock until March so they decided not to collect the other bed either.

21 Jan.
Bed collected 4pm. Waited at home all day.

I also asked for a refund and was told it will take place in a few days.

9 March 2017.
I called them after realising I have still not received my refund.
They said they have a delivery scheduled for me for 18 March, hence no refund. I wasn't even aware of that!
I decided to wait for delivery. Asked them to double check that a DOUBLE bed will be delivered to me.

18 March 2017
Bed just arrived. It's a KING!!!!

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Dear customer,
I am so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with us, I can see since your last update your issue has been resolved and we have been trying to contact you in regards to your partial refund.
Please call us on 0121 526 7305.
choleh
3/2/17

I was in urgent need of a new bed and didn't have much money to spend. I found a divan on Beds.co.uk for £210 with a mattress and headboard! Also, it said 2-6 working days. On the 5th day they phoned at 9.40pm to tell us our bed was going to be delivered the next day.....bit of a joke calling at that time. They said it would be delivered anytime between 8am and 6pm...Typical! So my mum had to stay in on her day off, until 5.30pm when the bed was delivered!!! I'm sure in this day & age they could confirm a more precise delivery time! When they arrived, I live on a second floor flat and they told my mum (who was on her own) that they couldn't bring it up the stairs so she had to do it!! Safe to say their delivery couriers are absolutely useless. The bed is what I expected for £210. It's nice and modern and the drawers are a bit flimsy.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you're happy to stay in all day for delivery!

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry you were dissatisfied with the courier service, and are surprised to here you were contacted after 6pm as we do have a policy not to contact customers after this time. Both of the problems you have stated will be investigated and we would love to discuss a resolution with you!
Please contact us on 0121 526 7305 or reply to the private message sent.
ayisheao
2/8/17

Bought a spring memory foam mattress, said it bounces back to shape, and good support, only had for two months and it's sagging and is not good if you suffer with a bad back. Beds.co.uk have now exchanged my mattress and the new one is much better. I have to say personally I will never buy a mattress online again as you never know what it is going to be like, will go into a shop so I can try it first from now on.

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello,
I am surprised to hear your mattress is sagging, if you would be willing to send over an image via private message or provide your delivery postcode we can get this rectified as soon as possible.
sh15615
12/22/16

Upon completeing our order online, we had a very abrupt call 2 days later at 8pm telling us that the bed WILL be coming tomorrow morning between the hours of 7 - 11.
We were woken up as if our door was being kicked down at 6am. This wasn't too inconvenient but undermines our agreement of between 7-11.
When the delivery van arrived I was amazed to see that there was only one delivery man. This was not a problem though and he managed to shift my bed a good 20 metres to my front door.
When he passed me the last part of he bed he turned around and walked back to the van very promptly.

I belive the correct bed and matress arrived but after reading some reviews I will be checking when I get home.
No instructions were given.
Head board is constructed to a poor standard.

I think the company staff require training in customer service.

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hi there, Please can i take an order number or a delivery postal code.

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U.K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message. Kind regards, Terri

you should be suspicious

By DON J.

Hello there Im Really sorry that some of the negative feedback that has been written on here has put you off from purchasing from us. Please see our updated reviews here ..https://www.trustpilot.com/review/beds.co.uk We are a multi million pound company and we dispatch over 5000 deliveries per week and we hold our hands up to slight complications on a handful of the orders. But we really hope you give us a chance to show you that we are a very efficient company with very nice reasonably priced high quality products. Kind regards Charlotte Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Ennesia, Sorry for the late response, I have been away due to personal reasons. Do you still require further assistance? If so please provide a delivery postcode or a reference number to locate your order details.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Jame, If the item received is as not as described, it is best for you to contact our After Sales Care Team on 0121 5686 7126 option 2. Once you have contacted them, they will request images of the item received, and will then advise you on the following steps. Hope this information has helped.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Mel, I can confirm, customers are eventually happy with there products. Majority of the time it is down to a personal preference that the customer does not like there product, but as soon as we find a product suited to the customer, the customer is then satisfied. Customer satisfaction is always our number one priority. Kind regards Jamie Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Takes well over 20 minutes at times. Disgraceful!

By Lou M.

Sent them an email last week as I don't think that I have received a memory foam mattress as advertised, still no reply. Will advise trading standards next week if no response and follow up with small claims court if necessary

By Kenneth F.

Hi, Thank you for your message, I can assure you that your order will be with you if it is not already. Please email me directly on resolutions.beds@gmail.com or call our aftersales team on 01215687126 and ask for Tom, I will be more than happy to assist you further

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there Ling, Could you please e-mail me with regards to your issue, My direct e-mail is julie@beds.co.uk. Regards. beds.co.uk.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other customers.

Beds.co.uk?