Review of Barron's

Barron's reviews

angiem8
3/7/19

I hate to give a 1-star review on cancellation policies, but to me, having an insanely difficult process to cancel the subscription is such a big turn-off. It means you don't have enough faith in your own product to let people easily go. This is the same for the WSJ subscription. You have to CALL to cancel, and you know what usually happens when you call.

keitho35
2/6/19

I have been reading Barron's for a long time as a subscriber. In 2017 I was charged $53.83 for two years. My bank just emailed me about Barron's automatic renewal (without my authorization) for $183.61. I spoke w/ a representative about my shock as to price jump. The reps simply read from a script repeatedly when I questioned her that was the final price. Yet, she eventually lowered the cost twice after I told her my wife was searching prices on line. I had to raise my voice to finally get a supervisor (who actually sounded like the same person) who again repeated the script trying to tell me I was getting a deal at $149. I cancelled my subscription. I was told I would be receiving an email stating that I was being refunded the full amount BUT I never got it - so deceitful. I searched the web and found this site. I want people to know the unacceptable customer service gives its customers.

margishk
10/5/18

Unfortunately, I signed up for the one year non-refundable subscription but have received only 2 deliveries in 6 months. Called the customer service multiple times but they keep on repeating the same script that we are looking into init, escalated the issue etc.

aded2
8/12/18

No button to unsubscribe, no possibility to stop payments without calling them. Bull$#*!. And the content is rather wordy than analytical

barryt46
7/7/18

A good place for the novice trader to start looking for ideas. Some of the articles are good and in many instances you can use the overhyped articles as a contrarian guide. If they say go short, go long and vice versa for example.

fredg101
5/29/18

They have some good data and you can get some good ideas here but you will need to dig a bit more. Sentiment data is quite good as they cover several sources and it saves you money as they provide the data for free

danf78
12/23/17

this company is very deceitful they will automatic renew you without telling you up front even if you dont want their paper and then lie to you be very careful if you have any dealings with barrons

tomg152
12/5/17

I simply wanted them to cancel my subscription and did so online. They were still charging me, two months later. When I questioned them about this, they said that I was supposed to call them back and that there were no refunds. Definitely a sleazy operation. I did receive an email stating that they were stopping the auto-renewal.

tomaszj3
9/1/17

They charged my card for a supposed "auto-renewal" WITHOUT my authorization or approval. No 1 month notice beforehand, no notice the day of charge, no email explaining how to opt out. I mean, this is like some juvenile 1990 internet scam. Does Barrons have no one with customer service experience? WORSE, is customer service refused to do anything about it. So I disputed the charge.
(customer service rep claimed that somewhere, somehow, deep in some fineprint 10 clicks away is some mention of auto renewal). SHAME on you Barrons!

kbps1
8/8/17

I subscribe to Barron, 3 months for $12 or $52 for 52 weeks. They failed to mention automatic renewal. My subscription expired yesterday and I called them this morning to change $14.49/month charge to 52 weeks for $52. They said, they can not do that.
I have to pay $14.49 for Month whether I want it or not. This part I do not like.
AUTOMATIC RENEWAL AND NOT TAKING AWAY CHARGES OR APPLYING IT TO 52 WEEKS.

ulrichr
8/9/13

I think Barron's is less about investing and more about speculation. A real long-term investor I do not think needs Barron's but rather can do all the research they need by looking at publicly filed reports and other sources. Save your money and time and look elsewhere for real "investing" information.

jasonw47
5/3/13

Call me old fashioned but I still subscribe to the print edition of Barron's and read it for investment tips. I find the articles to be well thought out and insightful. Better than a lot of the rubbish you get online these days.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Barron's staff and other customers.

Barron's?