Review of AmazonPrime

AmazonPrime reviews

Tel: 189-9118943

genevievel17
2/13/19

Amazon Prime is not worth it. The movies on prime are all old movies and movies that are not good. The "documentaries" are a joke. A lot of the movies have to be rented at $3.99 or bought. Then the "free" books you get on Prime Reading are no good. A lot of the books are British like the Psychology books. And they are really dull and not good. All of the American psychology books are only available for purchase. There are no Christian books available to read for free. Music Prime is also no good. You have to end up buying for everything. So it's a waste to pay for the subscription PLUS pay to get stuff that is actually worth it. None of their originals stand out either. They try too hard to beat Netflix but they are worse.

toddf27
12/31/18

I signed up for Amazon Prime thinking the many extra services would be worth the cost. Turns out you get a watered down version of the "real" services. Prime books is not Kindle Unlimited. Prime music is a half version of Amazon's full music service. Both requiring additional sign ups and monthly fees to get the best experience. Okay that was probably in the fine print although still disappointing.
I received an email promising a $15 promo if I make a $30+ purchase. Fantastic because I could use a few things Santa forgot. After putting some things in my cart and proceeding to checkout, no promo. Reread the fine print. Purchase must be made on mobile app, check; purchase must be sold by and distributed from Amazon...oops. So back to the shopping cart, remove that, add this, check and check. Proceed but no promo. Hunt for code in fine print but nothing. Search a bit online was no help. *sigh* customer service time. I initiated a chat and things were looking good. Rep said she needed a copy of the email AMAZON sent me...um ok so I forwarded it. Rep confirmed the promo should have applied and went to talk to her Lead. Came back and asked if the order was placed on the app. I would think they could tell but I confirmed anyway. Back to Lead. Asked if products were sold and distributed by Amazon. Again, this is AMAZON'S app so they would know better than I would but I confirmed. Back to Lead. Offered a $5 courtesy promo rather than fix the problem. My response was to request my Prime membership be cancelled. Rather than attempting to keep my business and make the customer happy, she cheerfully cancelled my membership.
So no $30+ purchase, no $119 membership and future purchases, one very grumpy customer all to save the $10 ($15-5) they had offered me in the email.
My advice don't bother with Amazon Prime. If you can get the best price there, take advantage of the regular free shipping and for other services use one of the better rated ones available for music or books or video.

samr209
12/12/18

I hardly ever use prime video. There are supposed to be thousands of free titles and some rentals. almost every movie I have ever searched for has been a rental. Where are all the free movies? I have searched for old (10 years), very old (20 years), somewhat old (2 years) and new (1 year to 3 months old) In all situations they have returned rentals, none free.

jaclynb17
10/20/18

The prime service is nothing but a scam. You have very little recourse when you get something late or damaged

anthonyr261
10/9/18

Every time I order a book it comes damaged, do you guys just throw stuff around. Maybe you should wrap the books in bubble or protection before you ship books I have been having a problem almost every single time.

davidf661
10/4/18

Amazon never fails. Even if you have an issue, their customer service is all over it. Well worth the subscription fee.

wendyl71
9/18/18

I've been a Prime member since they started the program. Savings on shipping is awesome. Customer Service stands behind ALL sales, even by 3rd parties. Delivery is always reliable.

Tip for consumers: For unknown brands of electronics, stay with AmazonBasic. Most of these unknow brands come from China through 3rd parties and don't pass code.

lailat1
9/11/18

Any issues I've had on Amazon, which have been few, was handled decently and immediately. I enjoy my Whole Foods discounts and the freedom of purchasing in peace without the bother of store associates that don't know or care where anything is. I didn't have a good experience as with AmazonFresh or Audible (but that was mainly pricing), but enjoy all the other Amazon perks.

anniet29
9/5/18

I have had my Amazon prime for about 2 years now and i dont think there is anything better. Free shipping on almost all orders and 2 day shipping to top it off.

arianam20
8/30/18

I pay for amazon prime which means I expect two day shipping however once I received my product a week after I purchased it is reasonable to be upset. I purchased on a Wednesday and expected to get here Friday. It didn't and it said the expected delivery date was Sunday, which is not two days! To top things off I still didn't receive it Sunday but instead I got it on a Tuesday. I also needed that product that weekend so receiving it Tuesday was useless already

tinalouisel
8/18/18

So... I live in Hawaii where everything is more expensive because of shipping charges. For instance, you can expect to pay $8 for a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread at the grocery store. So the monthly cost of my Amazon Prime subscription is a mere fraction of what I'd have to pay for shipping on virtually any online purchase. It's a must have for me. Plus the Prime video and music streaming service is a real bonus ... and really makes me want to reconsider my Pandora and Netflix memberships.

Very highly recommended!

robertw819
8/6/18

Probably not cheap but delivery is good & ordering is easy & choice is good. Access to films & TV shows is a benefit. Very time saving because you can find what you need & have it in your hands the next day. Problems are not common but difficult to resolve. I recently ordered a 10 item offer ,received 5 & all queries were unanswered.

anona24
8/1/18

If you are a buyer on Amazon and a Prime member and buy a lot then as a customer you get treated pretty well when problems happen (problems will always happen eventually) with Amazon items or third party items. Customer service levels are determined by your standing with Amazon and how much of a squeaky wheel you are. Here are some tips when a problem comes up, you can immediately ask to be transferred both in chat and on the phone to a representative in the United States and they will comply asap.... this will help if your problem is a bit more difficult than typical as language and culture barriers are removed from the equation. Tip number two, if you don't get the resolution you want then escalate up to supervisor, this step is usually avoided if you transfer to the States immediately but sometimes you will have an issue so weird and uncommon that you will have to talk to a supervisor. Tip number three, when reusing an Amazon mailing bag you must cover up every bit of the old label or you will be sorry. I had to learn this lesson the hard way, I left a sliver of the original bar code and my package which was supposed to be returned to a third party seller at their place of business was sent to an Amazon warehouse by the post office cause their automated system could read a piece of the original bar code. Once an item goes to the Amazon warehouse that doesn't belong they simply set it aside and nobody ever sees that package again. Where does it go you might ask, I was never able to get a solid answer other than hundreds of mis-sent packages get set aside every week and never "processed" so my assumption is somebody is getting all that loot... Amazon made it right for me even though technically it was my bad for not entirely covering up one of the many bar codes on the original shipping label. Tip number four, never buy shoes form a third party seller that doesn't stock with Amazon unless you know for a fact you will never ever in a million years return the shoes. Shoes are heavy and you will always have to pay return shipping and sometimes a restocking fee on top of that, just don't do it.

dotm10
7/16/18

I shop monthly from Prime, it saves me money and I shop for Birthdays, graduation, Christmas all from my bedroom and everything I get is loved by all I gift to.

sahilg12
7/2/18

Sitejabber is a excellent app i am one one of a person who used this app i personaly say it to all use this app and gain trusted experience they give very geniune just i say this app is too good

davidr914
6/23/18

Never had a bad experience! And when I wanted to return shoes because they were the wrong size, it was handled easily.

julies42
6/20/18

Amazon Prime is one of the best services. I live in Natomas and with such a busy lifestyle not always able to go to the store Amazon Prime makes it so easy. You can order grocery items from the Prime Pantry which most times are priced better than at the store and receive them within a couple hours same day. This is so convenient and good quality items, name brands even. Love Amazon Prime

jasonh347
6/17/18

It is very convenient to have access to all of the things that I would normally have to take an hour ferry ride and borrow or rent a car to go purchase.

jackied108
6/13/18

I have been ordering more on Amazon, because my things arrive on time and I love the free shipping. I have ordered frames, tools and more.

kaellac
6/13/18

Always delivered on the guaranteed date, always free shipping. Always great. Being in canada it's hard to find good website to shop online in, amazon never fail to amaze me. Just wish we had product as cheap as they do in the USA

mjv5
6/12/18

Always can depend on 2 day shipping being 2 days. Dont hesitate because shipping is free with prime. The one time they DID screw up they bent over backwards to make it right. Didnt receive an item I NEEDED on time. They sent it out again- at no charge- and refunded my $ for the first shipment without me even asking. Turns out the USPS delivered the item to the house across the street by mistake. When I told amazon, they told me to just keep it. Rare to find customer service that is so eager to please their customer. They are my go to app for just about everything.

edithb44
5/27/18

I find it very easy to compare items with vary Amazon has. Also, I can find usually items. The two day deliver is great but I have found only time less its are Prime.

briannal21
5/23/18

I have recently begun buying more and more online from Amazon. It is easy to find what Im looking at very reasonable prices. I also have had great luck with the shipping. I have Prime and I hardly ever have to wait more than a few days. Anytime I have returned something, it has been no questions asked. I trust Amazon for online shopping more than most places and will continue with their service.

dexters41
5/14/18

Cannot verify phone number on my account! Had to change my phone number because of multiple phishing and robocalls. Called Amazon to attempt to give them my correct number...was told this number belonged to an old customer and that there is/was no way of taking their name off my account! Absolutely amazing that a company of this size cannot have their software programmed into one that protects their customers. First, with Amazon, you were forced to use their own bank (Synchrony) and they would not allow payments from Paypal, now they cannot remove someone from your account that should have never been there in the first place. Hopefully, nothing will come from this yet with the world today I hope they are insured! Protect who is on your account!!!

Tip for consumers: Prime is great, however, unless you use it multiples of times to get your money back!! You also need to verify their prices!!

cliffc16
4/29/18

My experience with Amazon:

1) When I bough my first Kindle I bought a beautiful cover from Amazon. The quality of the cover is $#*!, showing signs of wearing several months after I purchased. So every time I see it or handle it I'm disappointed.

2) With Amazon Prime TV they give you enough of a series included with prime to get you hooked then make ya pay for each episode or wait years for Prime access.

3) Product quality from its vendor's very from good to $#*!. Example, bought batteries for my phone they were crap. The vendor replaced them with more crap several times. It seems if Amazon is making money and it is legal they do not care about the quality of their vendors/sources.

4) On their website they hide things you need (like your list of books on your Kindle) they've moved it several times making it harder to find each time.

I personally prefer doing business with companies I can count on for high quality products and services. With companies like eBay & COSTCO providing GREAT Customer service, long term well reviewed vendors and products why settle for mediocre at best.
I canceled my Prime account over a year ago, just given a free month membership with a purchases. Will do further analysis and decide if they've improved.

Tip for consumers: Check out other onl-ine sources like eBay or COSTCO before doing business with Amazon

Prime costs a little extra. If you didn't send them any money you shouldn't be a Prime member. But if you are a prime member and don't want to be you need to contact Amazon to determine how this occurred and what must be done to resolve your problem.

By Patricia S.

Because it discourages you from actually calling to complain.

By David G.

Questions? Get answers from the AmazonPrime staff and other customers.

AmazonPrime?