Review of Amazon

2018 Customer choice award

366 reviews with 3 stars

szew
5/15/19

I bought from Amazon sometimes and it's a fine place to let you search the stuff that you need. Sometimes, unexpected products can also be found here and it's quite useful too.

The main issue I have from this company is that you might find some unreliable suppliers that deliver stuff that is not the same in advertisement.

edisong7
5/6/19

es ideal para todos ya que puedes encontrar todo lo que necesitas y a buen precio ademas de las opciones de envio y de pago

yvettel6
3/7/19

Delivery issues. Customer service reps giving incorrect information. Listings that make it look like customer cancelled when problem was lost package. They can't or won't fix the problems. Too big!

elained88
2/28/19

from Elaine D. on February 17, 2019

Lack of service - responsibility is???

Ordered 1/12/2019 to receive from 1/24/2019 to Feb. 2/1/2019. Today's date 2/28/2019 still have not received my i-cool order of $69.98 ??? Placed Order With Amazon back in January (12th) Have contacted - through e-mail / Amazon and supplier - still no product - and product already paid for . Have been a frequent purchaser from Amazon , till now.

arianem2
2/16/19

Amazon used to be my go-to place to save money and avoid going into shops (and pay for their rent!), but now there are so many different sellers and prices that you can no longer trust that you are getting a good deal. The same item can be priced *very* differently depending on the seller. Some prices are also absolutely ludicrous. For instance, I saw that someone was trying to sell the academic book that I authored for $1k !! It costs $100 directly from the publisher?! Shocking, to say the least. So although they have fantastic delivery and customer services, you constantly need to research whatever you wish to buy to make sure that you are not getting fooled. It's very tiring and time-consuming. There is absolutely no price regulation - you alone decide what you are willing to pay to get something delivered and/or rare. So prices don't match quality; rather, they reflect availability and the sheer greed of sellers. And they are killing our high street shops...

davidj634
2/16/19

It's fairly easy to navigate, but more and more I'm finding that there are better prices elsewhere. With the influx of private sellers, it's becoming more like ebay, where prices are all over the place and it's easy to overpay.

andreaa144
2/13/19

This is an excellent service ! I did not know services like this existed before my friend told me about it, and i am so grateful to him !
It enables me to monitor my wife's mobile phone. It allows me to access calls, text messages, emails, WhatsApp, Facebook and a number of other things. The service is really essential for those Battling with a cheating spouse.
For more information:
The Spy Expert
Spyfix6 at gmail dot com.

jonathanc283
1/30/19

Their mobile website is almost impossible to use and their desktop site is not a whole lot better. Their customer service doesn't know what its own policies are and finding product information is almost impossible as customers who have no ability and/or interest in providing coherent input post on Amazon's "customer reviews" section of a product page and to make it more cumbersome, the reviews for all 400 of the 500 variations of Michael Jackson's THRILLER are grouped together with no easy way to tell many of them apart. More, even if you know EXACTLY which one you're looking for, you can type in its' barcode and still have to go through a multistep process to get to the item page you explicitly searched for. And the other 100 variations of Michael Jackson's THRILLER are just like stray cats with no way to distinguish between them except the ASIN which is nothing except a # that Amazon uses to identify the item in question when someone asks about it. Except most of these ASINs are for items that were long out of print before Amazon even existed and only exist because someone created an item page for it for who knows what reason, maybe to sell it on the Amazon Marketplace, and many of these ASINs go long abandoned.
Amazon remedies this tangled mess of a website by refunding your money no matter whose fault the issue is. It doesn't matter if the 3rd part seller screwed up, the post office or a gremlin. It's been refunded so all is well. Until next time.

marks608
1/1/19

I have purchased many things on Amazon with no problems so far, my partner uses it almost daily and she has always had good customer service when there have been issues. I tried selling on Amazon and found it difficult to understand, I have been selling on eBay for years, don't like them but easy to use. You will find products cheaper outside Amazon, I often find the products then search the business seller name and use their website, that way you are supporting the business directly instead of huge platforms that charge sellers huge fees.

bonitav
12/19/18

I have been an Amazon prime member for about 2 or 3 years paying over 100$ a yr. for free two day shipping. Just tried to order a PRIME product that ships from the Amazon warehouse expecting it to arrive in two days. Not the case! Today is Dec.19th and product is to to arrive Dec. 26th.Thought I should have it in two days seeing as I pay for Prime and it said two day shipping at checkout but also said arrives after Xmas Dec 26th. Spoke with a supervisor and she informed me the two day Prime shipping guarantee is from the day it is shipped and does not include the order filling process. Could possibly take much longer than two days. She stated the guarantee is for two days from shipping date not order date. I think folks should be aware of this Prime policy if they are not already.

kevinh441
11/21/18

Ordered some t-shirts but delivered after the estimated time only, but their customer support was very easy to approach.

anneo30
11/14/18

I am very disappointed in prime shipping. Carrier and amazon guarentee date that are off by a week. It's Christmas and no guarentee for on time deliveru. I hsbe four orders for one day shipping that are three days and counting! No more holiday shopping there

markn64
10/28/18

i find the products generally overpriced and prefer other venues for online shopping. occasionally deals can be found but not very often.

jakobb15
9/29/18

I bought a microphone for my apple iphone X. it came in a very cheap looking shape and didn't work at all. total scam in my opinion. However i asked amazon for a refund what they agreed to. great job amazon customer support!

sureshkrishnans
9/3/18

Good and satisfy the customers . Keep improving and development more and efficient . All the best...

anni10
7/2/18

I have no problem with Amazon they have good item but not cheap.
Couple of times i order part for my car and it's say delivery 2 to 3 days it's great after i submit the payment i revived email say my item will by delivered in 4 to 5 weeks that when i realize the part located in China not US??
They constantly lie about shipping dates... even with a Prime membership and also where the item location.

philippo
6/27/18

What can I say...? eBay is cheaper and this is all you need if you are a student. You can find the same product for the lower price.

sarahj324
5/27/18

If you have amazon prime you get fast free shipping if you dont have amazon prime when you check out and i accidently signed up for amazon prime for a year and didnt realize it so a 12 dollar order turned into 117.89 order

wilsont21
5/24/18

If you are looking for convenience, this is the place to go, but if you are looking for the best prices this is not always the best place to start

jasont200
5/22/18

They don't have the best prices always. In fact, if you search you can find better deals but in terms of convenience and ease of shopping their at the top of their game.

islandgals
5/9/18
• Updated review

Don't Get Me Wrong.... But I LOVE Shopping On Amazon.com. I Just HATE That They Keep On Changing There Review Policies. It Really Makes No Sense To Me At All. Because I am a person Who Really Enjoys Writing Reviews On All Types Of Products I've Try. And I Write And Say What I Mean. Rather I Like The Product or Not. And Amazon Makes It Very Hard For People Like Me To Voice Our Point Of View. On Products We Have Try and Tested. Amazon is Deleted so many People Reviews Over Some Dumb Stuff. All They Do is just Delete With out Really Explaining Why. This is what they say:Amazon does not permit reviews from customers whose relationship to the product or seller may be perceived as biased.

I Mean WTF Are They Talking About??? What if that person don't have a Relationship with the seller and all that BS? I Feel That Amazon is so wrong on that. And They Are Letting a lot of people go over some BS. I've Been With Amazon For a Long Time. And I Also Pay For Amazon PRIME! And I Cant Even Write a Freaking Review or even Ask a Question on a product I wanna buy! That's BS! But Other Then All That Its a Great Site, With Many Great Deals. Just There Guidelines Suck Butt! Oh And They Seem To Keep Going Up On There PRIME Member Ship. They Went Up Again!

“I LOVE Shopping On Amazon.Com”
9/21/16
• Previous review

I've Been Shopping On Amazon For So Many Years. Amazon Have So Many Items to choose from, and Reasonable Prices. I have Got Many Gifts For My Friends, Family, My Pet Cat, And Of Course Myself. And I Really Enjoy Being a Amazon Prime Member, Because I Get 2-Day Shipping, I Can Watch Movies, TV Shows, Listen To Music, etc...
Shipping is Awesome, And The Products Are Amazing! Amazon is The Place To Get Your Shopping On! I LOVE IT! :-)

Tip for consumers: Once You Start Shopping On Amazon,. You'll Be Hooked On Amazon.
You Would Not Get Enough Of Amazon. Its so much Ease & FUN Shopping On Amazon.com.

andrec30
5/3/18

I must admit I have a hidden agenda. I posted two reviews and I was shocked to see a 180k views. I was angry but I never wanted to shame this company before the world like that. I think there should be a time limit on all reviews. People change and companies too. We need to forgive even as we want to be forgiven. Life happens but thanks God it is not always the end of the world, yet. So here - today I want to share a little bit of good news and common sense for all you online shoppers and people looking for that opportunity to get out of the mess you find yourselves in. We all struggle but it is when you are poor and needy and in debt that the pressures really hit home and where hopelessness tries to kill the joy of living.

Everybody knows or want to know some kind of secret to making money and to be successful. A wise man listens to counsel but too many voices will drive you mad. Do you prefer the paperless route to getting rich quick, or do you have a proper plan to prosper that will make you rich? Countless money making offers and investment opportunities floats out there both online and offline. But for your own peace of mind and safety, it is most advisable to Google search different reviews on each selected choice before signing up or buying in. Many come with that deceitful free label that stings, like a hook to the bait. Often people are invited to financial seminars to help them cope or escape their current state of affairs into a Utopia, a lifestyle of milk and honey. And like any good business, they do require you to invest time and money. And as for good farming, it is essential to prepare the soil for sowing and reaping, which may take months and even years to fully mature. But dont despair, hard work has its rewards.

But it is in these hard times when the vulnerable and desperate are lured with fast food cash-ins and drive off scams. Most offers are so tempting it's hard to resist, and when swallowed it has that bittersweet ending. Just like, when the serpent deceived Eve with his cunning sales act. Did God really say that? Its because he doesn't want you to become like gods too. Just try it once, no one will know! And when she saw that the fruit was good to eat, she ate of the forbidden tree of knowledge of good and evil. Then she also gave to her husband, and when he took his first bite, the whole world went into a total Black-Out. And instead of becoming like gods, they got caught naked and hiding from God.

This is a clip out of the book God and Money now available. It is a world of wisdom for one happy meal. But if you really can not afford it, I will send you the ebook for free.

donnad214
4/17/18

Every time I search a movie I want to watch it is not available despite my prime membership. Most of the time Im searching for an old movie which you would think would be available but they never are regardless of the title and its age. I receive emails reminding me to make use of my prime membership for movies but the ones I want to see are not available. Why wouldnt movies from the 80s, 90s or early 2000s cost me money or not be available?

marias124
3/14/18

While the customer service is great, its not a good place for business as they get hammered. Secondly they have too many fakes on the site, sure I can get my money back, but I dont want to have to go through the hassle. I want to buy a product that is great not one that looks great but works terribly. Now overseas firms are hiring SEO specialists that game the system and allow inferior products to rank higher or at least thats my take. This means a company can make a knockoff product sell it for ¼ of the price and rank higher. Who do you think the average Joe is going to buy from? Amazon needs to go after counterfeiters with a bigger stick

lisaa222
3/10/18

I have been a customer for 10 years and will continue with Amazon, but boy the customer service just gets worse and worse. I have paid for Prime since the beginning and while most of it arrives on time, not all does. And it always seems to be a gift I ordered. Customer service always is read from a script - so much that they don't hear what you have to say and you have to repeat yourself constantly even in email. So, I still love Amazon, love the concept, love that it's headquartered here in Washington, but really, please Amazon, fix the customer service!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

It takes longer if you don't pay monthly for Amazon prime.

By Robart B.

The shipping cost is in the listing if that's what you're asking. If you click on new/used, it will be below the cost. If you have Prime, most things are free shipping.

By Kira S.

Yes I do on the items I purchase and also through google and sitejabber

By LisaMarie O.

you answer on the actual question I believe.

By Kira S.

I really don't understand. The box packaging doesn't matter really. But possibly go to Amazon customer service, and ask for help. You may be able to get the other video games too, and if not, you can always ask for a refund.

By Trinity S.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

Amazon?