Review of Amazon

2018 Customer choice award

543 reviews with 1 star

bignickj
2/12/19

If you ever have a problem rest assured, customer service is very sorry and understands, but there is nothing they can do. Remember this because you'll hear it before EVERY sentence they say. Most recently a brand new fire stick broke within a month. We were sent a refurbished one to replace it! The rep did not understand what my problem was despite his constant insisting he did understand, and was very sorry, but there was nothing he could do. Beyond all of this you now have to worry about fake reviews and counterfeit items. I think it's time we realized Amazon is an evil company. You guys make Walmart seem like a wholesome company!

zhiqiangz
2/12/19

So I have been using amazon for the past two years and I have never left a review as I just couldn't be bothered. For once, I wrote a review as I actually liked the product but then later receiving a message on amazon saying that I won't be able to post any more reviews as I was violating against the policies. I called them a few times later receiving an e mail saying that I ever the had a relationship with some seller, or I was getting free or discounted stuff and that's the reason I was posting a good review and also my account had been banned from writing a reiview ever since. What really pisses me off is that there is always a botton there where you can choose to leave a review but when I do, I get a ban. After called them 10 times and speaking to 5 different managers, about a month after the issue. What I got told on the phone was basically, we will not provide you with anymore information, we will not prove anything to you and the decision is final, happy or not, deal with with it' how bad does it sound? All I asked was, if they are determined' I was violating against their 3 policies like I have said above, prove it to me that I actually know the seller or I was getting free stuff? But no, I don't get any and I have to deal with it. The very last manager that I spoke to had a terrible attitude and they don't treat you like customers.

jaydevp1
2/11/19

No reting this site, amezon costomer satisfaction is 0%, this is bed site, no any process refund, no any help for refund,
Bad bad and bad site....

Plz no purchase from this site because costomer care is bad, no helpfull in account details in.

Plz another site use for purchase

stephaniej74
2/11/19

I've paid for prime for a few months now and my last 3 orders that were guaranteed in 2 days were not here in 2 days. 2 were a day late and one was 2 days late. I contacted them to complain and they did nothing. I paid for prime for the 2 day delivery and they can't meet the deadline. I cancelled my membership and won't be using it again.

adamb418
2/9/19

I ordered a Nintendo switch and a few accessories for it. My fiance and I are huge gamers and and have been wanting to get one for a while. Now for clarifications I'm going to mention that over a year ago we had a nasty problem with package theft in my area, the police reports were filed and everything so now I have all of my packages set to be picked up from a carrier facility . Back to the reviews, my package arrived at the UPS pick up location on time, unfortunately it was missing an item I had ordered. No big deal right? I'll just contact customer service let them know it wasn't included in my package and we can sort this out right? Nope! I contacted CS and they asked me to wait a few days so they could investigate and that maybe it had just been misshipped alright cool no problem. The next day I get and email stating that I've had a high number of "missing/stolen orders" returns and that I should review the return policy. I'm obviously confused cause as I had said its been well over a year since the only incident I've ever had with stolen packages. I contact CS again and they tell me I need to file a police report before they can go any further and provide them with information about the report....??? By this point I've explained to them several times that I had the item set for pick up from a carrier location so it wasn't stolen it just wasn't sent. I'm normally not the type of person who says they're gonna cut ties with a company but Amazon has gone out of their way to place blame on the carrier and myself for this incident and it really shows what kind of company they really are.

kritikam2
2/9/19

I have been using Amazon religiously for years, and have always loved the convenience of the fast and reliable shipping. However, over the last months, I have encountered FOUR shipping issues, either stating that my product was somehow damaged and sent back and that I should order a new one myself, lost and I should order a new one, or not delivered because "they did not want to leave a package unattended" even though they always leave my packages by the door for the last 4-5 years AND had left a package from a different order DURING THE SAME DELIVERY. Now they are just returning the item to the seller without even telling me, after they told me they would deliver as soon as possible. Prior to the last month, I had never encountered any problems with Amazon, and now all these problems are occurring and I am wary when placing an order, almost anticipating some kind of error. Amazon used to be reliable, and now all that has gone down in the dumps. Will be canceling my Prime Membership, and will NOT be using this company anymore.

af104
2/6/19

Realized we've been being charged by Amazon for a "sellers" account that we do not control and is not associated with any of the emails we own. Secondly Amazon is charging a credit card we rarely use when buying from them. Amazon will not give us information because our emails are not associated with the sellers account, yet they keep charging our card (14 times to the tune of $559.96). They finally agreed to deactivate the card, but will not take responsibility for the money. (The credit card company is taking responsibility for some, but not all of it.) Gone over the statements carefully & these are the ONLY charges that do not fit. The problem seems to be with Amazon & only Amazon, yet they do not assume responsibility. Advise that you do not leave your personal information (billing/ship to addresses, credit card info, etc) on Amazon and cut WAY back on your Amazon purchases!

nonyab18
2/4/19

At 7pm, my latest order prompted a message, ""We tried to deliver your package.
Unfortunately we couldn't enter your building but we will try again. If your address requires an access code, please provide it below." The delivery was being sent to an AMAZON LOCKER that is supposedly accessible 24/7. There was NO EXCUSE for failing delivery. I have previously had packages go missing, so I figured it would be safe to try an amazon locker. Since the failed delivery, I have read some disturbing info about lockers being unable to be opened. I'm starting to feel like this is personal. As their "good faith gesture", they offered me a $5.00 coupon toward my next QUALIFYING SOLD BY/SHIPPED BY Amazon order. Yep. Give them $20. more and they'll make up for their latest abominable mistake. I'm going to film opening the locker, because I'm expecting it to be EMPTY. Extremely great incentive to BUY LOCAL.

avnerf
2/1/19

I have been a loyal Amazon customer for many years. On January 19, 2019 I ordered an accessory for my smartphone on the Amazon website. It later turned out that this item was sold on the Amazon Marketplace by a Chinese vendor who shipped it by China Post. Since January 23 the shipment has been sitting at a Chinese postal sorting facility in Shenzhen City, without moving anywhere. In response to my complaint Shana W. of Amazon's Executive Customer Relations wrote me that there was nothing they could do and that they would not answer any further message on this matter. Her message was full of gibberish like "You won’t be able to submit a claim." It is now February 1 and there is no sight of the order anywhere. Amazon's CEO Jeff Bezos has ignored my personal message.as well.

reverendok1
1/31/19

I was billed yesterday for the subscription of Amazon Prime service which I did never choose or authorized. They used my credit card data stored from my last transaction at Dec 12. It is a fraud. I thought Amazon.com was a safe place to store my credit card data but unfortunately it is not true. I will think twice before buy anything there again

danj133
1/27/19

I place an order for a book on Amazon and the delivery options if i selected a trial of Prime would result in a delivery on a specified day (2 days) from order date. I then subscribed, placed the order, received an email confirmation with the delivery date clearly printed on the email. I also received numerous other solicitations to try other services now that i was a prime member. ON the day the item was to be delivered i receive an email saying the order would be delivered tomorrow, a day later than promised! I needed that product for work that day, and now it will not be here on time. AMAZON boasts about the benefits of prime, and has no problem overcharging us for something they cannot deliver on time anyway! Next time, i will go to the big box store and pick up the item the same day! I feel AMAZON is a conglomerate that is gobbling up all the small retailers so they can manage the world! IF i could give them a -000 rating i would. DON't get caught up in this conglomerate hype, please support local retailers so they can stay around. Amazon someday will get its just reward,

sandyr54
1/27/19

Same thing keeps happening. Dealing with customer services then Seller Support jumps in. I can't reply as that requires a seller account which I don't currently have or want. So I tell customer services that. Yet told them 6 times today and said seller support NOT to contact me ever again as this is trolling and the employee ought to be disciplined. Of course the messages keep coming with NOTHING from customer services. Seriously thinking of legal action for harassment. Thoughts? Btw writing similar review on Trustpilot and they said using the word "idiots" is inappropriate language. I can think of worse...

benjamint76
1/26/19

If I could give it zero stars, I would. Amazon is the worst company to ever exist. It is making people lazy as hell and it is costing my dad hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. It is also beginning to put my favorite stores out of business. I would give anything to have amazon not exist anymore

mikem1164
1/25/19

I purchased an incorrect item back in Nov 2018. Upon opening the package, I realized my mistake. I immediately applied for a refund, got my refund code, prepared the package to be sent back, and paid for the shipping back to the seller.

I contacted Amazon in mid-December after I realized the package had been delivered but my refund had not been received. They told me it could take some time and that they would take care of everything. I left it at that.

I had not received anything nor heard from Amazon into early January, so I contacted them again. I got the same response but they were escalating it to their complaints department. Great?!?! now I had to wait for them to get back to me again.

I had not received any communication since contacting Amazon earlier in the month. I was getting annoyed. I contacted them for the third time and I got the exact same run around that I was given earlier. I was given three days to hear back from Amazon to see if I can even get my refund.

It went from a simple return to the potential I won't even get it. Leaving the seller with both my money and the product.

Every agent I spoke to had no information and no power. They couldn't do anything. Useless and a waste of time.

I have since deleted all my accounts

ryanm365
1/22/19

once again Amazon screws me and tells me that I have to correct everything. Ordered a camera to be delivered to an amazon pick-up box. Day of delivery, box is too big for amazon pick-up box, and apparently this is my fault not amazons, who sold the item, offered pick-up box as an option, and then refused delivery of item. Called the oh so not friendly amazon customer service just to be told the only thing they can do to transfer me to UPS so I can deal with it. Are you F'in kidding me. You screwed it up not me. It is your responsible to correct the issue, not me! requested to cancel order, customer service didn't cancel order. Called again the next day, basically the same thing. my fault, and I have to go and reorder etc. THIS IS NOT HOW BUSINESS FUNCTIONS. YOUR MISTAKE YOUR SOLUTION. I use to order a lot from amazon however their logical and customer service teams are terrible and have no empathy or basic customer service skill to correct their OWN MISTAKES. Don't Worry, I have been and will continue to take my business else where to businesses that actually want my business and make correct steps when they screw up.

tammir5
1/16/19

I cant even begin to tell you how bad this company is to a customer since 2010. I will be writing a full review soon.

christophers378
1/14/19

Save your money and buy directly from the seller and skip Amazon all together! Very poor customer service.

johnnyb122
1/14/19

In my opinion the biggest difference between eBay and Amazon is that with eBay you can tell the "truth" about your experience in their feedback system.

With Amazon whenever you tell the truth this is what you get.

"Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines."

So to me Amazon is a complete farce and they hide behind their lies, so that they look better!

jimw330
1/9/19

Tuscom ships from china but does say so in ad. After you complain about late shipment THEN they tell you. Will take OVER four WEEKS to arrive (if it ever does). Also very unresponsive to information requests!

Tell you not to accept shipment(ever try to not accept a shipment when you have no idea of when it's scheduled to arrive) and when (if) they receive it back in china, they will issue a credit. Total process wound probably take 3 or 4 months.

Amazon should ban this type of false advertising but they have done absolutely nothing. Only thing they have done is lost a very good customer.

jakes166
1/6/19

Amazon use to be the cheapest
and I have used heavily that past several years but this last year
things changed and they are getting greedy now and are no longer the
cheapest from several different perspectives! Just comparing the base
price I have been finding more and more to not be cheapest, then add
shipping. Free 2 day with Prime that now costs $119 instead of $60 like
it use to and this does not include free shipping on returns! That is
another funny thing, free 2-day shipping selected but finding more and
more it is not here in 2 days or sometimes even a week? My word ... so
much $ was lost on Christmas presents this year just for paying the
return shipping costs.lol, a $16.99 toy that the box is 6"x6"x2" and
weighs almost nothings costs $6.99 to return? A $70 Weighted blanket
cost $29 to return .... NEVER again will I use Amazon for Christmas or
gifts or rally anything I am not 99.9% it will not be returned! For
gifts I am going back to physical stores like Kohl's where can shop
online but the item can be returned directly without shipping costs.

jerrys299
1/4/19

Amazon is a thief just like their sellers, and worse, they endorse their thief's

My worst shopping experience ever and I'm 82, and it was/is
at Amazon.com. They are as big a thief as their sellers. They and the
seller ripped me off for over $708.61, about 140.00 more! It was a
Huawei P20 Pro cell phone that I never got. And they: Amazon.com and
New And Mint Condition Collectibles Attn: Ronen Gold, 400 W. Belmont,
Chicago, IL committed a case of fraud against me.Chase Bank/Amazon/Amazon CC 12/21/2018Attn: Customer Service Ref: Bonneville County Sheriffs Case # 201840833Ref: Claim ID: C-20181005-5465, Ref. CC 8636 To Whom It May Concern:The
above claim with you has been turned into the Bonneville County
$200.00 a week, we put $100.00 into your account for your problems
(Sierra), I put $50.00 into your account for your problems, (Stephan),
and no money was deposited into my account.The seller: New and
Mint Collectables located at 400 W. Division, Chicago, IL has a long
history of fraud on the internet which continues today and tomorrow.
Amazon is protecting them from repaying or delivering the products
promised to the buyers. There are many examples of this on Amazon's
website under the seller's companies name which is owned by Ronen Gold,
at 400 W. Division, Chicago, ILThe sad performance of Amazon (Dec.11th/18) 12/11/18In
all my years, 82, never had I ever had such a bad shopping experience
as with you; the crooked seller you allowed to operate under your
umbrella for so long, and your staff who tried to mislead me, lied to me
so many times and didn't do their jobs properly. I'm talking about my
experience in buying a Huawei P20 Pro cell phone from your seller, who
was/is a thief and sent me a piece of junk phone for my $709.00;
Newandmintcollectibles.com in Chicago. The way your staff handles
problems like this is deplorable, and shouldn't be handled like it is.
You treat the buyer like he's the thief, and give the thief so much
leeway that he can get and do just about anything he wants without any
repercussions. YOU APPARENTLY DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO YOUR SELLERS
RATINGS LIKE A NEGATIVE -88% WHEN IT SHOULD BE A +90 PERCENT BUSINESS
RATING. And now I see you can't even find a trace of him on your site,
but you're a little late, it appears he's already made off with the
money and you expect me to absorb the loss, and you have no penalty.
Then you have the audacity to have someone send me an email stating:Hello,
not eligible for the A-to-z Guarantee. If you need to return an item in
the future, we recommend following these best practices to be sure that
the seller receives your package: -- Include the order number on or
inside the package. -- Insure the package. -- Use a signature
confirmation delivery service. To learn more about coverage, visit our A-to-z Guarantee Help page on our Amazon.com site .amazon.c/a-to-z-guarantee.-- Date of Claim: November 23, 2018Sincerely,and
there is no name on the message, so it makes it impossible for me to
leave behind. And you still owe me the amount mentioned above, because
even some of your staff has told me I did everything correctly, and
should have received my money back, as you state in all your little
regulations that also say I should have received my money back in 7 to
10 days and haven't. Are you that greedy?SincerelyJerry SinkovecP.S. Beware of Amazon and their sellers!

Amazon is a thief just like their sellers, and worse, they endorse their thiefs

My worst shopping experience ever and I'm 82, and it was/is
at Amazon.com. They are as big a thief as their sellers. They and the
seller ripped me off for over $708.61, about 140.00 more! It was a
Huawei P20 Pro cell phone that I never got. And they: Amazon.com and
New And Mint Condition Collectables Attn: Ronen Gold, 400 W. Belmont,
Chicago, IL committed a case of fraud against me.Chase Bank/Amazon/Amazon CC 12/21/2018Attn: Customer ServiceRef: Bonneville County Sheriffs Case # 201840833Ref: Claim ID: C-20181005-5465, Ref. CC 8636 To Whom It May Concern:The
above claim with you has been turned into the Bonneville County
$200.00 a week, we put $100.00 into your account for your problems
(Sierra), I put $50.00 into your account for your problems, (Stephan),
and no money was deposited into my account.The seller: New and
Mint Collectables located at 400 W. Division, Chicago, IL has a long
history of fraud on the internet which continues today and tomorrow.
Amazon is protecting them from repaying or delivering the products
so many times and didn't do their jobs properly. I'm talking about my
experience in buying a Huawei P20 Pro cell phone from your seller, who
was/is a thief and sent me a piece of junk phone for my $709.00;
Newandmintcollectibles.com in Chicago. The way your staff handles
problems like this is deplorable, and shouldn't be handled like it is.
You treat the buyer like he's the thief, and give the thief so much
leeway that he can get and do just about anything he wants without any
repercussions. YOU APPARENTLY DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO YOUR SELLERS
RATINGS LIKE A NEGATIVE -88% WHEN IT SHOULD BE A +90 PERCENT BUSINESS
RATING. And now I see you can't even find a trace of him on your site,
but you're a little late, it appears he's already made off with the
money and you expect me to absorb the loss, and you have no penalty.
Then you have the audacity to have someone send me an email stating:Hello,
should have received my money back, as you state in all your little
regulations that also say I should have received my money back in 7 to

kimberlyw176
1/2/19

I purchased an item by mistake and tried to cancel it right away. The next day I got an email saying it was already shipped and it could not be cancelled. Really??? I cancelled it right away! Once I received the package, I returned it that day. Even though this Asian company confirmed the return, I still as of this day have not received a penny. That was in July 2018. Amazon says they contacted the seller, the seller says they are looking into it. Its the same thing over and over again with no results. This has been going on for almost 6 months. I urge everyone to be careful of where there item is coming from and check their background and rating. I've been am Amazon customer for years with a Prime membership. I will no longer buy anything from Amazon again for fear of being ripped off again.

cathym235
1/1/19
• Updated review

After I wrote this review I got another message from Amazon. I had
order a tip that I liked and it came from one of the companies that
sells through Amazon. I was given an arrive date and then date came but
the top didn't. Ups handed off the package to USPS and the top never
made it to me. It got delivered to someone else and my money would be
refunded. Of course I got asked for a review on the product. You know
how did it fit, was I happy with it, things like that. I responded.
How the heck do I know any of the things you asked when the product
never made it me. It literally got lost in the mail. They didn't like
that comment and told me that it wouldn't be posted.

“Buckle Up Boys And Girls Because This One Is A Good One”
12/29/18
• Previous review

Let me start with just one word, Amazon. You got it. As a lot of you know Amazon/Kindle finally took over everything at Createspace and left a lot of us flapping in the wind. I spent about an hour and a half today trying to find how to get to where I could create an author's profile page and finally put in a request for them to call me. After taking almost an hour to call me back and then automatically putting on hold the minute I picked up and leaving me there got over thirty minutes I finally got a live body. In the meantime,
I managed to dig deep enough to find where you had to go to get to the spot where you could create the author's page and I no longer needed the young woman who answered the phone.
Yes, I was angry and yes, I had a few choice words, but they weren't directed at this super sweet and kind young woman. Believe me she was. She's been getting a lot of angry customers trying to figure stuff out on Amazon of late and she was totally understanding and compassionate. After I got off the phone with this young lady I received a request for feedback. They got it too. It went as follows:

Do you think you can make this a little more complicated? I think if you try even a little bit you can find a way. If you're going to be bad at something you should do your absolute worse to make it happen. You're getting there but you still need a little more practice and I think you'll have it down pat. Yes, I'm mad. Finding where to go to do an author's page was harder than searching for diamonds, yes I have done that, then you make the process as problematic as you possibly can. I honestly wish I could find something nice to say about anything you do but so far wait, yes, I can find something nice to say. I spoke to a young lady on the phone today from Amazon about the problems I was having and she was so very supper sweet and understanding. I hate I can't remember her name but whoever she is, right now she may be the only good thing going for you.
If you don't like what I have to say, then don't ask.

Can you guess what happened next? You got it, an email. Now that was a sight to see or in this case to read. If you have any doubt about how Amazon feels about you, I can assure you that what I'm about to add to this little rant will put any doubts totally out of your head. This was their response:

Thanks for letting us know what you think about Author Central! We're unable to reply directly to Feedback messages, although we do read all of them. If you have a question or concern, please write to us at https://authorcentral.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us and choose any of the subjects other than Feedback.
We hope to see you again soon.

Notice the part about feedback? They asked me to send feedback but if I have any questions or concerns contact them just not about feedback. Seriously? Right now, I'm having a real hard time not telling them what they can do with themselves and the horse they rode in on. So, like I said if you hand even the slightest hope that Amazon gives one tiny, little, minute concern for you this should put that to rest for good.
What can we do about this? Unless we're brave enough to take a stand together, nothing. There's a new website called The Independent Author and it's hoping to help make our voices louder. Anyway, here is the link should you want to have a look. https://www.theindependentauthorsvoice.com
If enough of us stand together we might be able to change something, maybe not, but it's certainly won't happen if we do nothing.

If enough of us
stand together we might be able to change something, maybe not, but it's
certainly won't happen if we do nothing.

danm435
12/30/18

My Amazon account was hacked and Amazon closed my account but they also have not allowed access to my over $11,000 in video and audio licensing (movies, audio, and kindle books) in my new account. They said this is their policy.

I am SHOCKED at their audacity in just stealing over $11,000 from me and my family.

SHAME ON YOU AMAZON.

janes171
12/26/18

Wish we could give negative.I will never buy anything from amazon.com for christmas gifts.They treat non prime members like dirt.In fact I try to avoid them when I can because they have become a nightmare.I have learned my lesson.On their website they clearly and it really big bold type state that our orders will make it in time for christmas.Customer service literally denies the reality everyone else lives in about the delivery of christmas gifts.We expected the package in a reasonable 5-7 business days after ordering but because they live on another planet they waited over 5 days to ship it and now will be here several days after christmas.Wow,that's how much they care about their customers,their families and their christmas holiday.They also will not provide proper tracking for packages so don't expect to be able to track your package.Amazon has really fallen.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

It takes longer if you don't pay monthly for Amazon prime.

By Robart B.

you answer on the actual question I believe.

By Kira S.

I really don't understand. The box packaging doesn't matter really. But possibly go to Amazon customer service, and ask for help. You may be able to get the other video games too, and if not, you can always ask for a refund.

By Trinity S.

Never.

By Bill H.

Yes I do on the items I purchase and also through google and sitejabber

By LisaMarie O.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

Amazon?