Review of Amazon

john@amazon.com
2018 Customer choice award

krissyf
2/25/11

I have always had great experiences with Amazon. You can find a ton of deals and just about anything you can think of. The marketplace allows you to find deals at the lowest price available. The site is user friendly and their customer service is about average for that type of site.

richardp9
2/24/11

Little more needs to be said. I am an Amazon Prime member for over a year. Great quick shipping. I have returned expensive electronics, no questions asked or disputed. No shipping costs on return. I will pay an extra dollar to buy from Amazon. Not one of their outside sellers, tho. You take your choice and your chances with their outside seller.

coryw
2/24/11

Amazon is awesome. They even ship to deployed units using APO addresses which is cool. I've never had a problem and I have been shopping with them for a couple of years now.

jacoba2
2/18/11

I love amazon! I shop for almost everything!

bobbiem2
2/18/11

I've shopped Amazon for a very long time. The few times I've had any issues with a purchase, customer service has been helpful and resolved any issues. It's a reliable place to shop, and more sites should follow their example. There's a reason why they've been around all these years.

prisellar
2/18/11

i was very impressed with the easy navigation on the site as well as the quick delivery. I ordered my friend who is expecting a few baby books & they literally arrived the next day! I was so impressed when my friend called to say thanks. I thought it would at least take 2-3 days. Efficient service :)

davidb42
2/17/11

I have purchased various products at amazon from books, magazines, shoes, clothes, outdoor gear, and even an imac. I have always been impressed with their quick shipping. You can also avoid shipping charges though various amazon promotions. If you do purchase something and then change your mind about needing the product you will be stuck with return shipping, but to me is understandable.

megg
2/17/11

I have ordered merchandise, both new and used from Amazon.com many, many, many times over the past few years....everything from movies to shoes to aquarium supplies and have always been pleased with the service and speed of delivery.

amandaw7
2/17/11

My Husband and I order from Amazon all the time the prices are great and the shipping is very reasonable and you can always get any information you need on refunds and returns and such. I highly recommend this site for anyone buying online!

domc
2/13/11

I've been ordering items off Amazon for the past 6 years, and I have yet to have a bad experience with them (knock on wood). Eveything to college textbooks to TVs, it all been hassle-free. Granted there are times when items aren't shipped out as fast as Amazon says they will be, but if it's going to be late, Amazon has always sent me emails explaining it will be late.

The trick to making the smaller purchases worth it, like one reviewer stated, is to order $25 worth of stuff in a single order to qualify for the free shipping. You have to wait a few extra days most of the time, but if you can put up with the wait, it ends up being a good deal.

My one complaint (annoyance really) about Amazon are the fluctuating prices. I've seen item prices start at a specific amount drop by $50, then jump up by $75, only to drop by $60. All in a single week. My opinion: if you're considering purchasing something large at Amazon, watch the price for a few days before you buy it. Nothing is more annoying than a price dropping $50 a day after you buy the item.

Overall a great site to buy from!

rickl7
2/10/11

I've bought from amazon a lot of things. Never ever has a transaction gone bad. Love them!

am281
2/4/11

The site is great!
It offers good items with great prices. And it provides a safe environment for customers if the products and orders are fulfilled by Amazon directly.
Sellers in general try to provide good customer satisfaction because otherwise they may get a bad rating.
In general it has been a good experience purchasing from amazon. And if there is a problem, chances are that you can get a refund.
One cool thing I like from amazon is that it offers product reviews and at the same time in some cases you can see what customers buy more often among related products of your interest. This helps to make knowledgeable decisions before buying.
Best regards ! :)

melissat1
2/3/11

This site is the best! I look here to figure out fair prices for my business, get ideas, and just browse. It is my "window shopping" while I recover from surgery. I love it! Amazon Prime is amazing and if you are a student (college??), you get a year's trial! I am using it to it's max. :) I love it and can't rave enough about them. They go above and beyond if you are willing to work with them. I have worked customer support and I can pull some strings if I wanted to, but being nice is all that's necessary and I love it. Amazon is top notch.

mt4
2/3/11

Been buying for years, always the best price and great customer service!

rachelc3
1/31/11

I love amazon. While all online stores are likely to have some customer service issues from time to time, I find amazon easy to deal with. You can find almost anything you want and with their marketplace you can often find things cheaper than in a regular store. I am a big music buyer (yes I still buy CDS, lol) and amazon is one of the reason many mom and pop shops are going out of business because I can find music I like for much cheaper and relatively quick to. Love amazon.

alaleitb
1/30/11

most of times are good, will continue to buy from it

emzb
1/28/11

Love Amazon. They have promotions once in awhile (Amazon prime for mom or college students, free MP3 credit). My orders ship and arrive on time. Good selection and good prices. =)

kurth2
1/27/11

I do a lot of shopping and have NEVER had a problem with Amazon directly - I try to make sure I'm buying something that comes from Amazon and not someone from their Amazon Marketplace. I'd bet that a lot of the negative experiences are from the marketplace sellers. And I love the free shipping !!!

johnh33
1/27/11

Always a great way to find low prices. I've never had a problem.

suzannam1
1/21/11

I love, love, Amazon.com. I am the Prime member, so I get free 2 day shipping. I buy almost everything on Amazon, electronics, food, dog toys... the prices are most of the time the best on the internet, and with one click I order stuff one day, and the day after it sits on my porch. Love it!

jonathant3
1/10/11

has everything i need and delivery everything very quickly!

janeth2
1/10/11

They're the best book seller anywhere

reda
1/6/11

I usually don't order from other merchants that sell on amazon, it's just too much of a hassle (plus the shipping is more expensive). I order directly from amazon because I think it's safer and cheaper (I aim for the free shipping).

I've ordered from Amazon since 2006, and I usually order books for my classes. They ship pretty quickly. My shipments usually arrive about 3-4 days (at most a week) after I order. I always try to get their free shipping by ordering over $25, but right now I have the prime account (free for students) w/amazingly fast shipping.

My one complaint is that if you send a present & don't opt to have it wrapped, they put the note in the box with the present. I thought the note would be a sticker on the box, but it's not. By the way, their shipping is through Fedex.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied.

annem10
1/4/11

The best seller website on the web. I've made at least 50 purchases from them in the past year and am very pleased!

annb4
12/30/10

I enjoy shopping at amazon they carry just about everything. The customer service and prices are great! I get my items usually withing two days. I am probably one of their best customers

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

It takes longer if you don't pay monthly for Amazon prime.

By Robart B.

The shipping cost is in the listing if that's what you're asking. If you click on new/used, it will be below the cost. If you have Prime, most things are free shipping.

By Kira S.

Yes I do on the items I purchase and also through google and sitejabber

By LisaMarie O.

you answer on the actual question I believe.

By Kira S.

I really don't understand. The box packaging doesn't matter really. But possibly go to Amazon customer service, and ask for help. You may be able to get the other video games too, and if not, you can always ask for a refund.

By Trinity S.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

Amazon?