Review of Amazon

john@amazon.com
2018 Customer choice award

adrianaa
6/29/10

ive purchased from amazon about 3-4 times can't remember. i found just about everything i was looking for on here. but there was this one time i ordered some victorian lace gloves for a costume party seller didnt say they were fingerless he even had a picture of the gloves and trust me the picture wasnt fingerless gloves. will i order from amazon again yes i will

rebeccae
6/24/10

I have bought a lot of books from Amazon. Good think about them is that you can then turn around and sell the book when you are done. I actually made a few dollars. Better then DISCOUNT BOOK SALE (http://www.discountbooksale.com/) - stay away from them!

robinh2
6/8/10

100% refunds always. Prompt and courteous. Best place to buy.

aliced1
6/4/10

the best site to shop on, and even if you don't buy it here, the research will save you money. I always start here so I know what the real price of something is.

melindal1
5/21/10

It's easy to get lured in by the cheap prices for new hard cover books. But I feel they have gone too far. I mean, you can buy anything from baby wipes to a tire iron. Why does it need to be so big?

And when I had a problem with a merchant who overcharged me (some sort of clerical error on THEIR part) over 8 times what I was quoted to pay it took me nearly 3 months to clear it up. There is no phone number to call and talk to a live human being and I had to send email after email to try to clear it up. It was ridiculous.

But let's focus on their book review section for a moment: I really hated a book and gave it one star. The author harassed me using various aliases and, then worst of all, got Amazon.com to pull me one star review AND I was accused of hectoring this author. All because this one little crybaby (named Paul Cohn...look it up...I kid you not) complained. And what I found especially fascinating about this particular author is that besides writing total crap "novels" he attacked everyone who gave his book anything less than 5 stars and ALL of his 5 star reviews were from "people" who had never written another book review in their LIFE! I mean... it wasn't a best seller... it maybe sold 20 or 30 copies and it has about 10 5 star reviews that these reviewers have NEVER written another single book review.

I mean, if that doesn't reek or sound of fish, I don't know what does. And Amazon comes down on me??? well, that's just crazy. I say skip Amazon.com and buy local (even though I do live in Seattle, so Amazon is local for me)...because there are so many other book stores who deserve your business.

And don't even get me started on their secondary market. I recently purchased a book that was said to be in "like new" condition. When I got it the cover was torn, there was a red wine (I hope it was red wine) stain on it and worse of all!!! Some passages in the book were underlined in pen! So I complained 3 weeks ago and they said they would refund my money...but have they? ope. And I'll bet you anything it will take between 10-15 emails to get them to honor their money back guarantee. That was 3 weeks ago, and I have not received an email saying that my money was refunded.

I would say this is the ONLY time I would ever say: Set fire to Amazon! (because I associate that name with a particular rain forest that is in peril).

Plain and simple: they suck...long, hard and completely.

lb2
5/20/10

this website offers products sold by them or through them from other websites. I would recommend ordering products sold by Amazon, because if there is a problem then it is quicly corrected by Amazon.

bobu
4/21/10

Amazon is web shopping done right. I've never had an issue that couldn't be easily resolved and the prices are almost always great.

soledadu
4/16/10

I have never had a problem Amazon. They are quick to deliver a product and offer daily deals.

skyk
4/13/10

I like Amazon for the variety of products that can be found there at a reasonable price. However they need to work on the international shipping policy as at the moment the site mainly caters for people who live in the USA. Amazon has a potential to increase their profit if their marketing department spends some time thinking of a future expansion policy.

eddiep
4/9/10

It's a complete mess, but Amazon seems to have any product I'm looking for under one roof---or site. Prices aren't so bad, but when you go for a return, boy do they have a crazy policy! Sometimes you've gotta pull teeth to get what you want done.

ericr1
4/2/10

I have bought from amazon.com in the past...I have nothing bad to say about them. They always get my orders right and my books have typically arrived earlier than estimated.

anan1
3/27/10

Very professional

dorcyl
3/21/10

Greek website to buy a bed website to sell stuff. If you're a seller sign up with some other website to sell your goods.

greggb
3/9/10

I have ordered books from Amazon several times. Every time they offered me nice shopping experience. It seems their website can guess what I am thinking and present the information right when I need them! They saved me a lot of time and money and I have no choice but continue to buy from them.

jimmies
3/7/10

Absolutely fantastic! I got lots of cheap cd's and DVD box sets here....great value if you are hunting for a particular artist, I'd say --- Just recieved some CD's that I've been hunting for ages, I saved a fortune! Much better than HMV stores anyday

milod
2/22/10

BOYCOTT AMAZON . COM They trick sellers into selling on their website then SUSPEND your account immediately saying they have to REVIEW your account then hold your funds 90 say and up! They do this to collect FREE interst off the little guys money who alrady shipepd out the mercahndise!

christophero

Best MP3 store on the planet - best selection and best quality without drm

asha
2/22/10

I like Amazon, very reliable, user friendly, and over the years it has built a strong reputation for itself to where now, I check amazon.com before making many purchases (whether I end up buying online or at a retailer will usually just depend on price).

Actually what reminded me to post this was a new article I just came across that rated Amazon as the "most trusted brand in America:"

Nothing for me to exactly rave about, but I figured I should at least give them a shout out for doing great work.

dondret
2/22/10

I LOVE amazon.com, which I can't say for a lot of websites, especially commercial ones where I find it hard entrusting my credit card information!

Basically, Amazon.com is a fun, safe, and easy-to-use place that remains huge and popular, so I always feel assured it's reputable and other people have used it to their satisfaction. This store sells many, many products that anyone can need or want. So far I've bought books, including countless textbooks for when I was in college; music CDs and downloads; movie DVDs (including downloads straight to my computer); at least 3 headphones; special personal products that I couldn't find in stores; and I'm sure more than I can think of right now. The first reason I used this site was its reliability. I learned that they worked as a broker with some of the most dependable third-party online sellers on the planet. That means they do their research on the sellers so I don't have. All I do is look at the sellers' star ratings without having to look to bbb.org.

Second, I used this site because of their consistent offer of the lowest prices that I still cannot match with other sites, no matter how hard I try, (which is a good relief when you have to buy expensive supplies in college!) Also, they have multiple payment options. Sometimes I don't have my credit card handy, so I use the bank account number that they already have stored (and safely stored, too).

Another HUGE highlight of Amazon is the extra information they give on the lower half of the product page that helps the customer make the perfect purchase, such as the customer reviews, discussion areas, and recommendations. I've avoided a lot of bad purchases just by reading Amazon's reviews alone. The special features go further. I have also taken advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping on qualified products over $25 and at least one of their gift cards. One card I printed out at the last minute when I forgot to buy a real gift!

As a seller, I've had great success getting rid of unwanted textbooks, music CDs, and a keyboard stand, without paying for a listing like on other sites. I did not make large profits off of all my sales, but that's only because Amazon offers extremely low prices. But I've still sold them to an extremely large pool of eager buyers all over the world.

Amazon keeps me interested in the product that I'm buying and coming back for more. Sometimes I look on the site just for the product reviews or recommendations. I've stuck with this site for years now and I hope that I won't have to give it up anytime soon.

frankc1
2/21/10

I have been an Amazon.com customer for over 2 years now, and I've had pretty much good experience overall. I really like their "Magazine Subscription Manager", it's way cool and you can see all your mags, the renewal dates, and then get the best deals (sometimes as low as $5 for a full year!). I pretty much buy all my books from Amazon (with a few exceptions). You just have to be sure that you order like $25 minimum each time you buy things to get the FREE shipping, or that will cost you a lot of money over time. Also the CD's are reasonably priced if you buy your music that way. Overall a good experience, I would recommend them.

sarahc3
2/8/10

No wonder Amazon is the number one shopping website in the world.
I like how they let other seller offer their products on amazon.com too next to Amazon's own product... this is how every website should be... fair and honest !

cindyd
2/2/10

They use bait and switch tactics on their free shipping. They say an order is eligible for free shipping but they don't tell you that it won't be automatically added unless you amend your order and specifically change it. There is also no way to send a complaint or concern to them when you have a problem.

emw
2/2/10

I shop amazon for many many things. I'm always amazed at what you can find. The prices are always lower than what you get in stores. Of course, you HAVE TO BE CAREFUL about third party sellers. I see reviews saying they are never shopping at amazon again because of a third party seller ripping them off. RESEARCH THE SELLERS and make sure you have contact information! I, fortunately, have never had a problem, and have bought plenty from third parties. But I'm always careful and hesitant. Amazon as a whole has great product, great prices, and great customer service. Especially from their own selection instead of third party. A buyer always has responsibility. It's the same with any website.
I have refunded things and never had a problem. I've gotten my money back quickly and without delay or problem.
If you're looking for something cheaper than what the price is in stores, chances are amazon has it. Great deals on books, dvds, blu-rays, and plenty of other things as well.

jayk
1/3/10

Found the super saver delivery very very slow which i think is totally wrong, you shouldn't have to wait a couple of weeks! But otherwise if you pay extra it is a good service.

bethanym
12/3/09

I love Amazon.com. I frequent their site ofter. My orders are always on time and always packaged properly.

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Bought a hair dryer for my daughter in Melbourne. Arrived no probs.

By Tony A.

I would call their customer service dept. They are all pretty knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.

By Konstantin P.

This problem began when Amazon Market Place started up and when I saw how bad it was with sellers selling at 3 to 4 times the full retail price at other online stores, it was a hint for me to stop supporting Amazon Market Place. If its sold by Amazon, I might buy it but I do my utmost to find a lower price so I don't have to buy it from Amazon. More often than not Bestbuy or Staples has it for the same or lower price. Bought an Asus RT AC 5300 from Bestbuy for 500 Canadian and it doesn't sell for less at Amazon. Returns are no hassle 30 day returns and no shipping just take it to a local retail store and that saves the wrapping and shipping.

By Paul H.

The above answers are good - I agree that a personal contact on the phone is best. - Go to 'Your Account', then click 'Let Us Help You' -then click Help - Then 'need more help',- then click 'Contact Us' - fill out the 3 steps and choose 'more no norder questions, - then clock on phone - from there it will direct you (how long the wait etc and they call you back)

By John G.

I have never shipped or had things shipped to or from Australia. Sorry

By Monica C.

It takes longer if you don't pay monthly for Amazon prime.

By Robart B.

you answer on the actual question I believe.

By Kira S.

I really don't understand. The box packaging doesn't matter really. But possibly go to Amazon customer service, and ask for help. You may be able to get the other video games too, and if not, you can always ask for a refund.

By Trinity S.

Never.

By Bill H.

Yes I do on the items I purchase and also through google and sitejabber

By LisaMarie O.
Questions? Get answers from the Amazon staff and other customers.

Amazon?