Review of Alloy

Tel: 1-888-452-5569
contactus@alloymerch.com

kellyd207
9/1/18

BUYER BEWARE - Alloy used to be an amazing store with incredible customer service. It was my hidden gem for tall apparel at a reasonable cost. Not so much anymore!

Since going exclusively tall Alloy has ditched their care for their customer and become a terrible option for online. They may have done away with the "restocking fee" but after reading the details of their return policy and seeing that they have a "rejected return fee" if you don't return an item in all of its original packaging, as well as they do not do any sort of exchanges, so you are forced to pay shipping costs three times should the fit not be right (and well since every pair of jeans is made by a different company - no two fits are the same)... so that means you're paying almost $30 extra! CRAZY and so not worth it. And don't get me started on when you call the customer service line because they are RUDE.

So sad to see this gem of an option turn into what it has. I used to recommend it to every tall girl I met... now all I have to say is BUYER BEWARE.

madisons37
4/30/18
• Updated review

To be fair, I had to come back and give another update. Although I said I would never shop with Alloy again, I did. I ordered several tall coats during the wintertime and to be honest, I loved them. Perfect sleeve length and fit.

This is where it gets a little sketchy.... ordering pants. I have ordered about 14 pair of pants (on sale) since my last review. Their sizing is definitely off. I have jeans that range from size 5-11. Crazy. But once you find your size (I know, frustrating), the jeans have a nice fit. They are not the best quality but still cute. Now that they allow reviews, I pay attention to reviews and I also leave honest reviews. For example, one pair of jeans I ordered someone suggested to order 2 sizes up and I did and the jeans fit great. I would also suggest to look at the material of the jeans (stretch/no stretch) and the brand, it will also give you an idea if you need to size up or down. Also, I would not pay full price for their clothes. One day you look on their site, a pair of pants are $59 and the next day, they are $35 with 40% off. Strange. The sales are random. You can pretty much pay less than $20 for a pair of jeans. Their return policy is the worst I have ever experienced. When I was trying to figure out my size, I had to send a few pair of pants back. You have to pay for return shipping and then they charge you a restocking fee. Not cool!

I understand, their company has definitely change for the worst but I do think they are getting better. Their website is a lot better than it was when it first transitioned to the new owner.

I do feel as a tall woman (6ft) we do not have many options for buying clothes. I still shop at Long Tall Sally (expensive) but I will continue to shop at Alloy too now that I have an idea of my size. I understand as tall women shopping should not be this difficult for us but it is and it is unfortunate.

I just wanted to come back and give my honest update opinion. Hopefully, this will help some of you!

“Not happy....”
2/2/17
• Previous review

Something has definitely changed about their customer service. It sucks. I have been ordering from Alloy since 2005 or later... its been years. I used to love it and refer people all the time. I used to receive my packages in 2-3 days, now it takes like 7-8 days with the change of company. I noticed you cant leave reviews on the items anymore. Its like, they dont want to hear the truth. I have been ordering from Long Tall Sally lately. Its more pricey but at least they are consistent.

erinh80
3/7/18

I used to have great success with Alloy starting in 2007. I'm 6ft so they were the only place to find jeans that were long enough. About 4 years ago their jean size started to be very inconstant, one pair would fit great so I'd buy the exact same pair but somehow it was labeled as the same size but trying them on it was more like 3 sizes too small. Eventually most paris I got were labeled with the size I ordered but trying them on they were by no means the right size. I found American Eagle had extra long length so I started purchasing jeans from them.

I rediscovered Alloy recently and found they had good deals on clothes other than jeans. I got a Tall length jumpsuit and jacket for Christmas that both fit perfectly. I used to buy tall length maxi dresses from them with no problem so when I found a great maxi skirt on sale in Tall length I bought it. After receiving it and trying it on it was about 4 inches too short thus led me to think they sent me a regular length. Customer services was a joke and just told me maybe they run a tad shorter and to return it if I'm not happy. Since you have to pay for shipping to make returns and after reading reviews on the hassle getting your money back, for how much I paid for the skirt it wasn't worth returning. I'll gift it to a friend.

I was still determined to get a maxi skirt so I found another one on Alloy. On sale and it specifically stated the model was 6ft and in a reviewer said she was 6ft and the skirt was almost too long on her. Perfect, this should be long enough on my 6ft frame as well. WRONG! Again it was like they sent me a regular length skirt since it was 5-6 inches too short. I'd say I have average legs for my height so it had to be Alloy sent the wrong one.

Customer service told me "according to our website, we only carry this item in tall, perhaps the style does run a little shorter than the other skirts. you can go ahead and return the item if you do not wish to keep it, however, it would be a regular return." That was total bull$#*! since I'm the same height as the model and other reviewer. A little shorter would be an inch or 2, not 5! This was painfully obviously a regular length maxi skirt. I paid $18 total so to pay to ship it back I'd be lucky to see half my money in the end.

After reading other reviews of the company I fully see how $#*!ty their customer service is. At this point I'm done buying anything from Alloy since they aren't willing to do anything about this when it had to be their mistake, unless they are mislabeling on purpose so they can resell to someone else without loosing any money.

I left a review of the skirt to warn others that it might not actually be tall length. I have a screenshot of it being posted to Alloy under the product, but letter when I checked, my review had been taken down. It was like a slap to the face! I gave it a 3 star cause the skirt was a thick material but seems they don't want people to know the skirt runs short or mislabeled. I'm done with Alloy!

Tip for consumers: Buy at our own risk. Don't bother contacting customer service, they are zero help.

regana1
3/5/18

Out of 2 orders I did not receive several items in each order. I contacted customer service right away and complied with their every request by sending photos and e-mail. They said it would take up to 2 weeks (Ive never heard of this type of wait time) and I waited, patiently then contacted again with absolutely no response. They advertise sales but will not send you all you pay for...STAY AWAY from Alloy...this was a great company 12 years ago but whoever runs it now is no better than a lowball street dealer. I feel lucky that I actually received some of my items.

db201
1/25/18

My experience with Alloy leads me to believe they are a scam. Their clothes are not sized properly, which means they must be returned, after which Alloy claims the return was not received on time--regardless of how promptly the package was mailed--which allows them to refuse a refund & issue a store credit instead. In addition, this allows them to charge restocking fees, which they charged even on an item they never shipped, & which they also refused to refund. I tried to use the remaining balance/store credit many times, but the # they gave me never worked. Each time it failed, I asked for a refund which was refused. I was actually told the store credit had no monetary value, so a refund was not possible. It wasn't until I got the Attorney General's office of both Pennsylvania & New York involved that the money they so willing took from me actually had monetary value again, & it was suddenly possible for Alloy to issue me a refund check. Coincidence? I think not. Do yourself a favor & stop wasting your time calling Alloy until after you know the attorney generals of PA & NY have contacted them (they will send you written notification). You will be surprised with how cooperative Allow suddenly becomes!

florap5
1/18/18

Was having trouble having my order processed...waited on the phone for 15 mins for someone to tell me theyre not sure why and would call back tmrrw. No one ever called me back.

A week later I was able to order and they sent me a 32" inseam pair of pants when I ordered a 37". The most expensive pair of pants were huge. Unable to get the return application to work. Sent an email...and another...and another...aaaand another...still waiting 2 weeks later for any sort of human response.

Terrible...so disappointed. Will never order from here again.

lisab436
1/4/18

As a 6'3" woman, I've ordered online since ordering clothing online was possible (and from catalogs as an extremely tall, slender child before the internet). I've almost never dealt with companies making major mistakes, and always had an easy time reaching help to fix any problems... until Alloy. I ordered coats that had no adequate pictures--and as a tall woman, it's always necessary to try more than one size. Three days after I placed the order, they mailed a pair of petite pants in place of one of the tall coats I paid for. It took a week and a half of attempts to reach them before they started a slow, painful process of proving to them that they had made a mistake. By the time they finally mailed the coat I'd paid for, it was on sale for half the price i paid, and arrived a full two months after I ordered it. The coats were beautiful, but designed by someone who doesn't understand a tall body (only had longer arms, but shoulders, and torso were proportioned for a much shorter woman). I called and followed their painful procedure to return one coat (get an approval code and a promise that it is authorized for a refund, pack it up in my own box, pay shipping to mail it back) only to be told that it had been too long since I ordered it (due to their mistake), and they had decided not to refund the return they had authorized. They've said my money will at least remain in my account as a credit, but I've been mysteriously locked out of my account. I don't know if their password reset is broken for everyone or just for those with credit, but I've been attempting to make it through to get that fixed for a week and a half. (And each phone call requires a minimum 5-15 minute wait to speak to a human). Alloy may have tall clothing, but it is an enormous waste of your time, sanity, and money. NEVER order from them; I will be relieved to be done with them once I've used my remaining credits. It's a pity; if they spent a small portion of their massive advertising budget on customer service, they would have repeat customers and far fewer terrible reviews.

daciac1
12/13/17

I've ordered from Alloy over the years only because they have long inseams. Their products used to be a little on the cheap side, but not horrible. I have not ordered anything from them in over a year, but I needed some lounge pants so I tried them. The pants were cheap pieces of garbage. I can't believe they're selling this junk. When I went to return them, I find that their return policy has completely changed (it must be because they have so many returns). There is now a 15% restocking fee. Are you kidding me? I'm being penalized because you sold me trash? I have a credit with them, but I don't think I'll ever use it since it's not worth the hassle and I can't trust them to sell an even halfway decent product.

krish264
12/7/17

My fiance placed an order with this company at 8:19 am on Dec 6th. She paid the extra cost for 2 day shipping and then received an email from Alloy the next day stating her order wouldnt be delivered until the following monday. So she paid for 2 day shipping and now wont receive the package until Monday at best. Up to this point and 4 phone calls to their customer support line Alloy still refuses to refund what ahe paid for the 2 day shipping!!!!!. I have now made a call to them.on her behalf. Ive been told that she will be getting a refund and a phone call from a floor manager. All I can say is that my lifes mission on this situation is to keep making phone call after phone call after phone call to the customer support line until her money is refunded. As well as keeping social media up to date in the progress. It seems like this would be a bad time to have your company name run through the mud over and over but that is precisely what I will do until this matter is settled to my satisfaction!!!!!

cindyh138
12/7/17

I placed an order Wednesday afternoon and paid for 2 day express shipping, won't receive until the next tuesday!! Called Alloy and the rep was rude and not helpful! I will never shop with them again!!!

susand215
11/6/17

I will never order from Alloy again. In this day and age you should never have to pay $14 to ship, wait 10 days to get your order, and then pay anther $14 to return the merchandise because they are too long. Not to mention they won't even send you a return label!!! You have to go to the Post Office or UPS store and have them provide one for you! Ridiculous!!!

amandab227
10/31/17

Not sure what has happened to alloy since the revamp. The store is horrible now. Clothing is cheaply made and not the same quality. The prices have definitely been raised and the deals/sales are a JOKE! Also, recently the messed up on a coupon code /marketing material. Instead of honoring what was sent in the email, they said they couldn't do it! Horrible customer service!

ashleyb221
10/6/17

WE WANT THE OLD ALLOY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR NEW RETURN PROCEDURES AND RESTOCKING FEES ARE A JOKE!!!!!!

deneenl
9/14/17

I loved this site. It was the first site where I could find jean long enough. However, their return procedures are extremely bad and expensive. I returned a pair a jeans and the tracking# shows that it was delivered 21/2 weeks ago and yet I have not received a refund. When I call I always get the same response, "We have to verify the warehouse received it." Heck my tracking# verified that the warehouse received it! This is the third time I have gone through this with Alloy. No MORE orders from me.

jessicaw160
8/2/17

I have been ordering from Alloy since I was in high school. I am now 35 years old and have just recently been experiencing major problems. The item descriptions are no longer detailed enough to make a proper decision on fit. You now also have to pay for non-refundable shipping to and from, which is insane being that the item I purchased is not the item I recieved. I ordered pants in black and they sent me maroon. All of my back-up paperwork including the packing slip says black. Now I'm stuck with the cost of returning these items and they used to provide a return label free of charge. There is a lot less to choose from and their service has gone down the toilet.

paulag55
7/27/17

I've placed many orders with Alloy in the past and I really hadn't had any problems. I recently ordered 3 pair of jeans and it seems as if the fit isn't the same anymore. I ended up sending the jeans back for a refund, because they don't do exchanges spent $21.00 and will also be charged a restocking fee. The only way I would purchase from them again would be if they opened a store in my area where I could actually try on the clothes and not have to wait 2 weeks for delivery or pay an arm and a leg to return the items. If you order the same jean in a different color thy WILL NOT fit the same. I'm so annoyed with ALLOY and will by my tall jeans elsewhere.

pamd37
7/12/17

I ordered a pair of pants that was too small and it cost me 12.95 to return and on top of that a $5.00 restocking fee which adds up to the cost of the merchandise. They also has rude customer service. Beware!!!!

sonjab18
6/5/17

Highly disappointed. I have been a loyal customer for years regardless of the fact that they always get things wrong. Also, their jeans most of the time arrive in jegging form. Every single jean seems to run differently for instance I own a black pair of jeans in one size and when I ordered the white pair they fit completely different. Don't even bother doing a return or exchange because the customer is not valued and they will only give some of your money back after you pay for your own return. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this company!

carolined34
5/16/17

My daughter needed tall skinny Khakis so I ordered 4 twill khakis for school on July 25 2016 and used my store credit of 65 dollars. It was back ordered. 3 months passed, I called customer service, they informed me that the orders were cancelled because it was backordered and the CO is changing their accounting system. I said ok, let me have my store credit back then. May 2017, I called again inquiring about the store credit. It was redeemed on July 25 2016. We have no records of it being backordered or cancelled. I am out of 65 dollars.

katw17
5/9/17

This used to be my go to talk girl shop. Nothing is ever in stock anymore.... ever. Don't even bother!!!!

tarap32
5/6/17

Did they get bought out? The website is horrible. It's slow and there's so little to choose from. I miss the old Alloy. I guess they couldn't keep up with the current trends. They should have gotten an app for teenagers to follow along because us older gals need the clothes too!

jenniferb290
4/17/17

I ordered from this company for years. But they don't care. Number 1 sign a company is going down is terrible customer service. Basically, don't waste your money and time on their site and their products. I can't tell you how much I hate to say this, because I'm tall and this was my favorite site for buying fun jeans that were long enough for me. But their products are never in stock (even when you think you ordered something, be prepared for the email a couple days later saying the order was cancelled because it is out of stock). Quality was never a strong point - they were cheap, fun jeans that fit, even if you have to use a safety pin to hold up the zipper. But now it's just ridiculous and sad. If you order 5 pairs of jeans, same size, you will be returning 3 because they don't fit. And you will have a devil of a time figuring out how to return them and it will definitely be on your dime. Their customer services does not give a crap. I've tried several times reaching out over the last year, just hoping someone there cares enough to make a response, but no. Well, I did get a boilerplate response on their Facebook page basically saying 'sorry - let us know if you need instructions for making a return' - my post specifically said I had just sent back a return, so obviously they didn't even read my post. My most recent example is ordering 2 pairs of jeans, same style and size. Different color. The waist on one was 3 inches shorter than the other, and the inseam on the other was 3-4 inches longer than the other. And you will pay for their mistake, because returns - packaging, labeling, shipping costs - is all on you. Returns were never great, but they never used to be this bad. How can you be an online apparel company and not have a good returns procedure? So sad, but I won't order one more item from this company.

Tip for consumers: Worth your time and money to pay a little more somewhere else and actually get the product you want to order.

angelm90
4/10/17

My gosh I'm so disappointed. My all time favorite store since I am a 6ft tall female. Now nothing is ever in stock and orders are greatly delayed. Please let this be a phase.

khristinak1
4/8/17

Are their jeans running smaller than usual ? They FINALLY got the long length back and I ordered the same sizes as I always do and they seemed like they were TWO sizes smaller ???

So annoying - they know they changed it up . WORN your customers so they don't waste their money sending back or time on top of it !!!! This place SUCKS . I USE to love this store

soniae5
4/5/17

PLEASE Do Not Waste Your Money shopping with this company!! They are by far the worst online company I've ever shopped. I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALMOST ONE YEAR FOR A REFUND! They have given me the run around and will not respond to my emails claiming their system has changed when I am able to speak to a rep. AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T SHOP ALLOY APPAREL! YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED!

I have had the same situation happen frequently… I know that the system is new over there all new systems require fine-tuning but it happened so many times That I was patience. Without a doubt if an order is express delivered upon ordering if they cannot send it out according to the order… A phone call to you is imperative and without limitation

By Coreen C.

Questions? Get answers from the Alloy staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Alloy