Review of Alloy

Tel: 1-888-452-5569
contactus@alloymerch.com

krish264
12/7/17

My fiance placed an order with this company at 8:19 am on Dec 6th. She paid the extra cost for 2 day shipping and then received an email from Alloy the next day stating her order wouldnt be delivered until the following monday. So she paid for 2 day shipping and now wont receive the package until Monday at best. Up to this point and 4 phone calls to their customer support line Alloy still refuses to refund what ahe paid for the 2 day shipping!!!!!. I have now made a call to them.on her behalf. Ive been told that she will be getting a refund and a phone call from a floor manager. All I can say is that my lifes mission on this situation is to keep making phone call after phone call after phone call to the customer support line until her money is refunded. As well as keeping social media up to date in the progress. It seems like this would be a bad time to have your company name run through the mud over and over but that is precisely what I will do until this matter is settled to my satisfaction!!!!!

cindyh138
12/7/17

I placed an order Wednesday afternoon and paid for 2 day express shipping, won't receive until the next tuesday!! Called Alloy and the rep was rude and not helpful! I will never shop with them again!!!

susand215
11/6/17

I will never order from Alloy again. In this day and age you should never have to pay $14 to ship, wait 10 days to get your order, and then pay anther $14 to return the merchandise because they are too long. Not to mention they won't even send you a return label!!! You have to go to the Post Office or UPS store and have them provide one for you! Ridiculous!!!

amandab227
10/31/17

Not sure what has happened to alloy since the revamp. The store is horrible now. Clothing is cheaply made and not the same quality. The prices have definitely been raised and the deals/sales are a JOKE! Also, recently the messed up on a coupon code /marketing material. Instead of honoring what was sent in the email, they said they couldn't do it! Horrible customer service!

ashleyb221
10/6/17

WE WANT THE OLD ALLOY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR NEW RETURN PROCEDURES AND RESTOCKING FEES ARE A JOKE!!!!!!

deneenl
9/14/17

I loved this site. It was the first site where I could find jean long enough. However, their return procedures are extremely bad and expensive. I returned a pair a jeans and the tracking# shows that it was delivered 21/2 weeks ago and yet I have not received a refund. When I call I always get the same response, "We have to verify the warehouse received it." Heck my tracking# verified that the warehouse received it! This is the third time I have gone through this with Alloy. No MORE orders from me.

jessicaw160
8/2/17

I have been ordering from Alloy since I was in high school. I am now 35 years old and have just recently been experiencing major problems. The item descriptions are no longer detailed enough to make a proper decision on fit. You now also have to pay for non-refundable shipping to and from, which is insane being that the item I purchased is not the item I recieved. I ordered pants in black and they sent me maroon. All of my back-up paperwork including the packing slip says black. Now I'm stuck with the cost of returning these items and they used to provide a return label free of charge. There is a lot less to choose from and their service has gone down the toilet.

paulag55
7/27/17

I've placed many orders with Alloy in the past and I really hadn't had any problems. I recently ordered 3 pair of jeans and it seems as if the fit isn't the same anymore. I ended up sending the jeans back for a refund, because they don't do exchanges spent $21.00 and will also be charged a restocking fee. The only way I would purchase from them again would be if they opened a store in my area where I could actually try on the clothes and not have to wait 2 weeks for delivery or pay an arm and a leg to return the items. If you order the same jean in a different color thy WILL NOT fit the same. I'm so annoyed with ALLOY and will by my tall jeans elsewhere.

pamd37
7/12/17

I ordered a pair of pants that was too small and it cost me 12.95 to return and on top of that a $5.00 restocking fee which adds up to the cost of the merchandise. They also has rude customer service. Beware!!!!

sonjab18
6/5/17

Highly disappointed. I have been a loyal customer for years regardless of the fact that they always get things wrong. Also, their jeans most of the time arrive in jegging form. Every single jean seems to run differently for instance I own a black pair of jeans in one size and when I ordered the white pair they fit completely different. Don't even bother doing a return or exchange because the customer is not valued and they will only give some of your money back after you pay for your own return. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this company!

carolined34
5/16/17

My daughter needed tall skinny Khakis so I ordered 4 twill khakis for school on July 25 2016 and used my store credit of 65 dollars. It was back ordered. 3 months passed, I called customer service, they informed me that the orders were cancelled because it was backordered and the CO is changing their accounting system. I said ok, let me have my store credit back then. May 2017, I called again inquiring about the store credit. It was redeemed on July 25 2016. We have no records of it being backordered or cancelled. I am out of 65 dollars.

katw17
5/9/17

This used to be my go to talk girl shop. Nothing is ever in stock anymore.... ever. Don't even bother!!!!

tarap32
5/6/17

Did they get bought out? The website is horrible. It's slow and there's so little to choose from. I miss the old Alloy. I guess they couldn't keep up with the current trends. They should have gotten an app for teenagers to follow along because us older gals need the clothes too!

jenniferb290
4/17/17

I ordered from this company for years. But they don't care. Number 1 sign a company is going down is terrible customer service. Basically, don't waste your money and time on their site and their products. I can't tell you how much I hate to say this, because I'm tall and this was my favorite site for buying fun jeans that were long enough for me. But their products are never in stock (even when you think you ordered something, be prepared for the email a couple days later saying the order was cancelled because it is out of stock). Quality was never a strong point - they were cheap, fun jeans that fit, even if you have to use a safety pin to hold up the zipper. But now it's just ridiculous and sad. If you order 5 pairs of jeans, same size, you will be returning 3 because they don't fit. And you will have a devil of a time figuring out how to return them and it will definitely be on your dime. Their customer services does not give a crap. I've tried several times reaching out over the last year, just hoping someone there cares enough to make a response, but no. Well, I did get a boilerplate response on their Facebook page basically saying 'sorry - let us know if you need instructions for making a return' - my post specifically said I had just sent back a return, so obviously they didn't even read my post. My most recent example is ordering 2 pairs of jeans, same style and size. Different color. The waist on one was 3 inches shorter than the other, and the inseam on the other was 3-4 inches longer than the other. And you will pay for their mistake, because returns - packaging, labeling, shipping costs - is all on you. Returns were never great, but they never used to be this bad. How can you be an online apparel company and not have a good returns procedure? So sad, but I won't order one more item from this company.

Tip for consumers: Worth your time and money to pay a little more somewhere else and actually get the product you want to order.

angelm90
4/10/17

My gosh I'm so disappointed. My all time favorite store since I am a 6ft tall female. Now nothing is ever in stock and orders are greatly delayed. Please let this be a phase.

khristinak1
4/8/17

Are their jeans running smaller than usual ? They FINALLY got the long length back and I ordered the same sizes as I always do and they seemed like they were TWO sizes smaller ???

So annoying - they know they changed it up . WORN your customers so they don't waste their money sending back or time on top of it !!!! This place SUCKS . I USE to love this store

soniae5
4/5/17

PLEASE Do Not Waste Your Money shopping with this company!! They are by far the worst online company I've ever shopped. I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALMOST ONE YEAR FOR A REFUND! They have given me the run around and will not respond to my emails claiming their system has changed when I am able to speak to a rep. AGAIN, PLEASE DON'T SHOP ALLOY APPAREL! YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED!

deborahf30
3/13/17

I've been ordering from them since they were called "Girlfriemd.com" over 20 yrs now. They have went from a ++10 to a ---0 in about 2 years. Returned SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS IN MERCHANDISE and they now refuse to let me spend my merchandise credit since they wouldn't give me a refund as PROMISED. This place is the worst I've ever seen and I shop ALOT online. PLEASE READ THIS EVERYONE......AGAIN, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS AWEFUL PLACE.....PLEASE!! THEY WILL SEND U WHATEVER THEY WANT AND NOT WHAT U ORDER THEN WHEN U WANT UR MONEY OR A STORE CREDIT, U'LL NEVER GET IT!!!!

madisons37
2/2/17

Something has definitely changed about their customer service. It sucks. I have been ordering from Alloy since 2005 or later... its been years. I used to love it and refer people all the time. I used to receive my packages in 2-3 days, now it takes like 7-8 days with the change of company. I noticed you cant leave reviews on the items anymore. Its like, they dont want to hear the truth. I have been ordering from Long Tall Sally lately. Its more pricey but at least they are consistent.

taylorf24
1/25/17

This Company changed !!!
New owners , new location.
NO RETURN Shipping.
Jeans are poor and no options like before.
STAY AWAY !!!

charn21
1/21/17

I was a long time customer, when one day I went to order some jeans and notice the models were different....this site use to be up beat a hip and now it looks like my mother should shop there. Now I have to find a new place to get my jeans and urban wear. What wasn't working that you had to change it to where its not even pleasing to the eye
Its horrible! I'll come back when you guys figure it out!

felicitye1
1/15/17

I recently made my first Alloy purchase after learning about the company years ago. I had a good experience with receiving my items timely, and even received my refund for returned items about 2 weeks after my items were received. I'm 5'11', 160lbs and ordered a long-sleeve sweater that turned out to be 3/4 sleeves on me (still cute though and I'm keeping). Also orderd a long sleeve button up that had sleeves past my wrists! Yayyy! My typical size 8 jean size is too small for this company, so I had to get an 11 jean (32 inseam) with alloy. These are juniors sizes, so you'll have to size up if you are not a junior size. The jeans are cute, but the wash label says not to dry, so I hang dry. Clearly not the highest quality denim, but they do have a quality look so I'm happy. I will order jeans and tops from them again.

moniquef6
1/7/17

I have been ordering from Alloy for Years. So of course I was excited to order a few pair of jeans since the sales seemed to be on point. But of course everything is out of stock and the pickings are limited.

Of course to avoid paying for shipping I added a few items I really didn't need or want, only now to find out I may not get what I ordered at all. I placed my order 12/29/2016. It's not 1/7/2017 about to be 8th and I know for sure it's not coming. And if it does come it won't be what I ordered.

I did exactly what everyone else has done , and I am 100% sure they beat me for my money. I checked BBB and they now have a "F" rating. If you order from Delia's it's the same thing. ALLOY supposedly bought out Delia's so now they both are trash.

I'll be disputing the charges to my bank account on Monday since I won't be receiving my goods. Save yourself time and monley. Don't bother placing any orders with Alloy or Delias.

katerynam1
1/4/17

The worst customer service EVER. I don't think anyone works there or if the do i hope they don't get paid. this is a disgrace!!

tinaj55
12/15/16

Alloy used to be a great place to shop . They had extended sizes in jeans and they were SO reasonable . Not only did I buy extended length jeans from them I used to by tops and shoes as well. Alloy messed up my item that i had ordered and sent me something COMPLETELY different . When I called them they said that it was a mistake and that I had to pay for shipping to send it back as well as I would only get store credit . This made me highly upset . I decided to keep the leggings that were supposed to be PANTS and never order from them again . Even my niece who I referred alloy to said that she no longer orders from them . Sorry alloy . Whoever brought your company , should give it up . The old site, promotions , and customer service was SO MUCH BETTER .

I have had the same situation happen frequently… I know that the system is new over there all new systems require fine-tuning but it happened so many times That I was patience. Without a doubt if an order is express delivered upon ordering if they cannot send it out according to the order… A phone call to you is imperative and without limitation

By Coreen C.
Questions? Get answers from the Alloy staff and other customers.

Alloy?