Review of AJ Madison

Brooklyn, NY 11218, US
sales@ajmadison.com

gregm426
4/23/19

Do not buy anything from these people. Good chance it will not work and you will never get your money back.

rosek70
1/17/19

BELOW YOU WILL READ MY EXPERIENCE, THIS WAS NOVEMBER FOR AN ITEMS PURCHASED IN JULY, NOW IT IS JANUARY AND STILL NOT RESOLVED.

I want to tell you of my experience with AJ and make a formal complaint as a result.

First, I have had good experience in the past with AJ which is why I was a return customer.
I made my order in July. Having researched your site I chose the appliances I thought best suited me and my needs however I had some questions about delivery and installation so I wrote to customer service that evening.
I received a call back from Jon the next morning while I was in transit at a cafe without my computer or notes and thought it best that I wait to call back when I got home. Jon convinced me that we could go over it on the phone and find the things I needed again (I had some good memory of the items but did not remember any model #'s and since I wanted only white appliances, there were little to choose from). We took some time and went thru it, finding out I had to switch the fridge because of availability and that there was only one of the stoves I wanted left in the warehouse so he thought it important that I place the order at that time. Which I did.
I ordered 5 year warranties on all
I ordered installation on the stove and dishwasher.

My home was under construction and the contractor was there when the pieces arrived.
They delivered and installed a Stainless stove. The stove did not work after installation and the installer said it was because there was no gas service, which there was.

They refused to install the dishwasher saying the flex tubes on the previous model (both the old and new ones were Bosch) were different and he couldn't install.
My contractor installed the dishwasher as the previous one was installed. They were nearly identical.

I believe I was charged for both installations.

Then the ensuing months of emails and calls trying to get the proper stove. In the meantime Eastern Marketing had to come and see why the stove was not working.
They found it was not properly installed and fixed that problem.
Still I had one stainless appliance and a dishwasher that would not work. I went thru weeks of back and forth on whose fault it was that I received a stainless appliance. Until I was told that AJ would listen to the taped conversation to see who was in error. At this time Jon, stopped responding and only Karen was in contact with me.
In desperation, because I had tenants moving in..... I called Bosch to come and look at the Dishwasher. The service guy charged me almost $300 because there was no way to know how "the hose was damaged". Whether it was your installer that refused to install, or my contractor.
All of this going on while I spent days sending email and calling with little response. I have scores of emails I can send you. Karen was moved to another department and it took weeks again to get anyone to respond.

Now I have a date of 11/29 that EM is going to put the white panels on the stove. The stove was delivered in July.

I have several properties and am ready to purchase new appliances for one of them. Based on this treatment (and all I have recently read online) I am likely going to go elsewhere and add my experience to the myriad of poor reviews your company has had recently.

Please let me know you have any authority to do something about this.

schubertc
12/5/18

While I was chating on line with a rep. to make a purchase. They changed the price on me. I do not recommend this company.

gk62
10/11/18

I placed an order for a range in August, then received an email that said it was a special order despite being listed "in stock" and that I would have to wait 4 weeks for it to be made. After a few weeks, I called to check on the order status, and was told it would be arriving in their warehouse in early October and then shipping to me.
The day before it was supposed to be shipped to me, I checked in and was told that I had not approved the special order, and that they had tried to contact me numerous times by email. This is despite the fact that I approved the special order in August and had checked in by phone three other times. They lied about sending emails, with all the emails they referenced predated my call in August.
They are a terrible company, and you should avoid them at all costs.

timothye27
8/15/18

Lots of salespeople to sell you, but long hold times and no real help when there's a problem. Stay away from these guys. Their all "sell" and no service. They could care less if they stick you with a crappy product. Once they have your money. They're keeping it.

tm199
8/7/18

After purchasing a SMEG refrigerator and it "shipping" within a day - I got crickets for 5 days on the site that was supposed to give me shipping updates. I don't expect it here - just some notice and updates.

I called customer service. 6 minutes later after waiting I got a person, gave her my number and she said "I'm actually going to have someone help you.." and then she dumped me back into a queue where I am into 16 minutes of hold, and have had "7 callers ahead of me" for about 5 minutes....

I would never do business again with an organization that takes service so cavalierly.

Never again.

matthewc249
7/18/18

I ordered a washer/dryer set on May 29, 2018. I was told that the dryer was not in the warehouse so there would be a week delay in shipping. I received an email of another delay on June 6, with no explanation, another email and another delay on June 13, again no explanation. I got shipping notification on June 20. I was told 7-10 days shipping, which put delivery on July 4, accounting for the holiday, I figured July 6th, the latest. after 4 phone calls, 2 promises of returned calls, 6 emails, 2 chat sessions, the shipping and delivery delays, it was finally delivered on July 11. All I was offered was a 1yr extended warranty on the washer. A total of $50.00 in value.

harryw86
6/2/18

I ordered a refrigerator and freezer unit from these people in March 2018. I purchased the extra extended coverage as well, which in hindsight was a poor decision on my part. The items arrived in reasonable time, however upon installation, the fridge was non functional. I left three separate voice messages with no response over a period of 5 days. I finally was able to reach a human, and was put on hold for 45 minutes, upon which I gave up. A subsequent call reached someone who said that a service order would be put together and there would be some contact or movement on the issue within 48 hours. None of which happened. No email, no call back, no acknowledgment of a problem. Took another 4 days to get someone to replace the defective part. As far as I can determine, this company will basically tell you anything to get you off the phone. THEY WILL LIE TO YOU!!!

christined160
5/16/18

I had big issues with this company....it took a while and certainly too many phone calls but Sarah worked her magic and corrected my situations. If you are having issues, as I did, ask to work with Sarah!

helens151
12/12/17

Last week my 10 year old GE refrigerator died and I shopped online for a new one after doing a bit of research. AJ Madison had the best price and free shipping for a highly rated LG model I wanted.

I utilized their chat feature and Matt, the customer service rep couldnt have been more helpful. He helped me order installation as well as for the pickup of my old fridge.

Delivery was scheduled for today, and though the delivery was delayed, AJ Madison communicated the whole time to me via text messaging, calls, email and I used the online tracking service of the delivery company so I could see where the drivers were the whole time for the delivery.

I was hesitant after reading some of the negative reviews here - and that is why I wanted to post a positive one. The experience was good all around - start to finish and I have a great new refrigerator!

joew133
12/2/17

They will pull rebates before required submittal dates and claim they never existed. Buy from a trusted site.

dt93
10/26/17

First it takes 30-60 minutes on hold to get to talk to someone. Then they blame the manufacturer for a product that never worked. They will email the manufacturer and get back to me. Of course that didn't happened. Called again after waiting a week - EXACTLY the same thing. They will email and will let me know when they hear back. I asked how long I should wait to hear. What happens if they don't hear back. Of course I should call back again. This is an endless loop where they do nothing to help the customer and the service reps are rude on the phone. DON'T BUY ANYTHING from this company.

benjaminb74
8/28/17

It's sad when something simple becomes so complicated. This is my first time ordering from AJ Madison and probably the last. I needed to replace a tenants AC so I chose AJ because of a in-stock quick delivery of 24-48hrs. My order was placed on July 28th and here I am on Aug 4th with no AC. I get nothing reassuring from AJ Madison's service department except "we are using a new delivery service and they can't tell us when its going to be delivery". Now their response is "its sometime next week"!!! They couldn't even give me a guarantee on a date the following week. The reason they kept saying was because they hired a new delivery service and their having problems. This process was unacceptable and upper management don't seem to want to satisfy "me" the customer. They didn't come up with any solution to delivery the AC now!!!

Today I'm on the fence. Cancel the order for NON-DELIVERY or wait it out. My tenants patience has been steadily diminishing. I have five other AC's to replace and a few refrigerators but surely AJ Madison can't be considered as they lack confidence on delivery.
I decided to cancel the order and receive a full credit (which I did get a week later). In the meantime, I ordered the same AC from PC Richards and received delivery in 48hrs with no problems and great updates along the way.

richardc227
2/17/17

I didn't have any problems with the glass cooktop we ordered, in fact, great price, on-time delivery, installed it myself. Would buy here again.

johns1638
2/16/17

When I ordered a Samsung oven, I was told it would be delivered in a week. At the time I paid extra for an install and specified I needed an LP conversion. Over a month later the stove is delivered and the guy tells me they don't do LP conversions. I called AJ Madison and now they tell me they never do LP conversion. THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU IDIOTS CALL ME WHEN YOU SAW THE REQUEST IN THE COMMENTS SECTION ON MY INVOICE? They took away the old stove and my gas company can't come out for a week to do the install. The woman at AJ Madison offered to credit me the price of the gas kit they sent, but only if I sent it back. Wow, so generous. This is the first and last time I do business with these crooks.

theresad21
11/18/15

I ordered a GE free-standing induction range last summer and received it, by freight, in 2 days. It was in perfect condition and the price was great.

This past week I decided to go with AJ Madison for a new refrigerator, even though it was going to cost about $100 more than a competitor. Problem #1: The refrigerator is on back order. That's a problem because the $275 in advertised rebates will expire weeks before the refrigerator will even be back in stock in their warehouse. When I called their customer service they responded that I should just send the rebates in anyway - just don't fill in the serial number. After reading the fine print it's pretty obvious that that isn't going to work. Not only that but one of the two rebates doesn't apply to items on back order.
I decided to but it from a competitor who doesn't seem to have to these supply issues and was about $100 cheaper.

Update #2 The other retailer claiming they had the refrigerator in stock didn't and kept stringing me along. In the end, I got the same model in a different color from AJ Madison for what was the lowest price yet. It is in stock and should arrive in 2 days.

noset
11/3/15

Bought the SUMMIT BIM45 Ice maker. Talked to them, read all the information on the description. Says it will produce up to 32 pounds of clear ice per day and store up to 25 pounds of that ice. Three days later the ice has melted and turned to a bin of water. Clearly something must be wrong right? I bought extended warranty, I have 1 yr mfg warranty so I am not worried. I called Summit they told me that the BIM45 Ice maker will sure enough make 32 pounds of ice per day and it will store that ice for zero time frame. The moment the ice hits the bucket it will begin to melt. Why I asked? The machine does not have a "thermostat" the Summit Technician says. It's made only for people who use the ice as fast as it makes it. I told him to ready through the brochure with me.... He did, and agreed it is very misleading and that no where does it say the ice will melt or must be used right away. The owners manual even says, that it will be fine for up to 3 weeks to leave town and just leave it alone. If you leave town for over 3 weeks you probably should shut it off! LOL. It does have a pump that will pump the excess water drain away to the sink but not 25 gallons every 3 days of water. If the ice melts it would be just making ice water so why own it.?
Summeit told me to return it to AJ if I was unhappy with it. I called AJ, and went through the brochure with them and they agreed, and told me they wanted to talk to SUMMIT before taking it back. Two weeks later I get no response from AJ. So I called them and they told me the time frame for returns is over. Well of course it is, because you guys told me you wanted to talk to Summit before me sending it back. I filed a claim with PAYPAL which got someones attention there and eventually they decided to take it back. They agreed there is a problem with the advertising but they probably wont be changing it. I ordered this along with a beverage center, and when they were delivered by YRC freight carriers the boxes were crushes by a forklift or other freight pushing on them so when they unloaded them the Driver wanted them to be opened to ensure there was no damage. OK so we opened the boxes to find that both items were ok and not damaged. The freight carrier gathered up the two pallets, all boxes and told me it was his job to dispose of it and away he went. Back to AJ, they want me to ship the ice maker back in the same box, same pallet or they wont take it back. Ok this is rediculous so I explain that I have no way to send it back since the shipper took all the boxes and pallet for the ice maker...They don't care. You have 7 days to get it back to us or we will consider this closed. Pay pal did side with me and said I have 12 days to return it to them at my own expense for a full refund but thats not possible. I talked to a shipper who wants 190 to pack it back up, another who wants 250 to pack it back up then there would be the 150 shipping fee, which does not cover my lost time from work to make all this happen so now the ice maker is in the scrap yard where it belongs. SUMMIT BIM45.... BEWARE DOES NOT STORE ICE, ONLY MAKES IT. AJ MADISON will sell you this product but save your packing and dont let the shipper haul it off because you will be sending it back. Spend a little more and but a better quality product and make sure it does have a thermostat built in so it keeps the ice cold.

rickd36
1/23/15

We bought a $4,500 gas range that was missing a part. AJ Madison won't make good on this part stating we waited over 30 days to notify them and that this is clearly stated on their website. We did not order this from their website but direct over the phone with a salesperson who made no mention of this policy. DISHONEST COMPANY BUYER BEWARE!!!

williamy1
4/7/14

I got a really good 18 gauge stainless steel undermount dual sink from AJ and it was delivered without a scratch on it. Install was simple and it looked just like the picture. The price was rock bottom and lower than I could find anywhere. I would recommend AJ to anyone.

teresap6
7/9/13

I was very nervous about ordering a new range from a store that I could not visit, but my experience was very, very positive. By ordering from AJ Madison, I saved between $300 and $600 (depending on the store) off competitors' prices. There was no tax charged, so that was an additional savings. I was also very nervous about delivery, but that was probably the best part of the buying experience. I opted for the "white glove" delivery in which someone would hook up the new range and haul away the old one. AJ Madison shipped the range to the delivery company -- and there was no cost to me for this shipping. The delivery company charged only $50 to deliver, hook up, and haul away the old range. This is less than AJ Madison charges to drop the range off in a box without hookup. I am very, very pleased! (I live in Columbus, Ohio, and this delivery company delivers throughout Ohio.) My suggestion is to call AJ Madison directly when ordering. Tell them where you are and that you want to find out about having an item shipped and want the service where there will be delivery, hook-up, and haul away. They will quote you a price. It was my experience that the price they quoted ($105) was far more than what I had to pay ($50). The telephone representative took my order and did not charge for delivery because I opted for a higher level of delivery and this level of shipping is paid directly to the company that delivers. AJ Madison shipped to this company at no cost to me, and I paid the delivery company directly. Again, the total charge for delivery was only $50. This is less that Sears and Home Depot were charging for delivery!

jessicab8
2/18/11

Untrustworthy! Nasty customer service/sales! I bought a microwave on their site. Received a confirmation email but the next day received an email stating that the order was cancelled (along with the meaningless, "We value your business" in the boilerplate). When I called about it, I was told that due to a "glitch", prices "went all screwy" on their site. I said that I did not expect them to lose money but I did expect some better price than the new one on the site. Asked for a manager, asked for the names of management: No one called me back and corporate receptionist would not give me management names, saying that it's public record. I asked, if it's public record, then why won't you give me their names and a way to contact them. She replied, "Just because." !! Actions speak louder than words: they do not value my business.

pauld1
2/13/09

Don't be suckered to buy from them - I tried to purchase 2 air conditioner heaters for a apt complex and got a reciept that said shipped with an email confirmation, a week later i had not heard anything so i called and it was then they were suppose to be delivered, but to my surprize they are now on backorder.
I tried to contact them for them to send me a comparable unit for the same price but the only thing they wanted to do was to sell me a more expensive unit. They will not work with you no matter what even if it is their fault.They tried to blame it on amana, but i called them and they told me which unit to tell them to send which is comparable, but i called aj madison and they said they would call me back but i havent heard anything yet, so when i tried again they were already closed. If this is the customer service you want deal with these people if NOT do not buy from them and maybe they will figure it out that customer service should be number 1, espacially when its their fault for not letting me know earlier or working with me.,....thanks for reading

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the AJ Madison staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AJ Madison