Review of AFAA

Tel: 1-818-905-0040
contactafaa@afaa.com

kathig5
8/10/18

Needed help with some questions on teaching safe classes with injured populations, they refused to help me, but are more than happy to keep taking my money every two years without any kind of ongoing support.

marcic2
8/2/17

Before last week I was fine with AFAA's group fitness course. However, this past week I scheduled my group fitness exam with AFAA's partner proctoru.com. Figuring out the process for scheduling wasn't "spelled out" very well by the training course and I ended up calling AFAA two times to determine what I should do. The average wait time for customer service is anywhere from 10-25 minutes! It seems WAY too long to wait to ask simple questions about a group fitness exam.

Also, after scheduling the exam I tested my laptop to determine it's compatibility and it did not pass the "port test" among other requirements. Protoru.com told me that if a port test failed then they couldn't do anything about it and referred me to AFAA who told me to check friends' laptops and to check with local libraries. I did just that. My Dad tested his laptop from a separate location as did one of my friends with a separate laptop. Neither laptop passed the port test and the library didn't provide computers with cameras. Therefore I called AFAA back and they again didn't answer the phone for 15 minutes and then kept putting me on hold over and over again until finally after refusing any valid solution or a refund told me they would contact proctoru.com and contact me by voicemail and/or by email. And wow! Not only did they not contact proctoru.com; they actually informed me via email that I should check laptops from various internet connections as if I hadn't done that before! WHAT A COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME, WASTE OF MONEY AND ABSOLUTELY SOME OF THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EXPERIENCED IN YEARS. I am ready to take the exam and they literally are not helping me to do that. It's very unlikely I would ever recommend AFFA certifications to all my fellow pilates, yoga
and rebounding instructors. Just terrible.

philipc52
4/7/16

AFAA trashed their old website which was functional but not great with a website that does not work. Highly disappointed. It is as though AFAA and NASM got married and instead of moving easily into one house that works, AFAA burned the first house down and moved in next door to NASM into a house without heat, lights or plumbing.
0 (Zero Stars)

carmenw20
3/14/16

These people have no customer service. they never pickup your calls .the poorest customer service I ve ever had . I will not renew with them again. I pushed another button since I couldn't get an answer on the PT line and the guy got anger with me and said I cant promise I can answer your question. Its not my department. They have no departments.
I think they are working out their home and there is no customer service department... Very poor service but they know how to get your money. no problem with that... I hate this company.

dees51
11/18/15

WHY DO WE NEVER GET A CALL BACK, WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG FOR YOU TO READ YOUR EMAILS, WHY DO YOU NEVER RESPOND. I HAVE BEEN AN AFAA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR SINCE 1985, AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS JUST GONE DOWN THE DRAIN - SO SAD...

emg3
2/13/14

So I signed up for an aerobics certification class with AFAA.
I ended up quitting the job I needed the cert for, so I called afaa way in advance of the class and told them my dilemma.
They said that even though there policy wall no refunds, he assured me of a refund. He did not send any confirmation of my refund.
Months later I still have no refund, but they have stopped sending me their magazine, so I know that they have it in their system correctly.

Do not do business with Aerobics and Fitness Association of America.

Questions? Get answers from the AFAA staff and other customers.

AFAA?